GA-PCOM vs. DMU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GA-PCOM vs. DMU

• Total voters

ssjGGV

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think? Perhaps those with better knowledge than I about these two schools can share a little advice. Why would you go to one school over the other (details)?

Members don't see this ad.

If you spend some time researching the schools on the forums you'll know that overwhelmingly people are gonna recommend DMU.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I have done research, but I was hoping for some detail as to why one over the other. There is a ton of info about DMU, not so much on GA-PCOM.

I would think most of us would blindly say DMU is the better school. However for me I would much rather live in the south than in Iowa. I have seen neither school in person, just like most people that will vote on your poll.

I would think most of us would blindly say DMU is the better school. However for me I would much rather live in the south than in Iowa. I have seen neither school in person, just like most people that will vote on your poll.

See and you couldn't pay me to live in the south.

What do you guys think?
I am going to go out on a limb here and say that I think the best one for you is the best one for you...I could be wrong though. But pretty sure that is correct tho.

Are you a girl? Are you attractive? If so, DMU.

Kidding, but my (somewhat biased) vote goes for DMU either way. :thumbup:

I've lived in the south pretty much all my life. Might be an interesting change.

Are you a girl? Are you attractive? If so, DMU.

Kidding, but my (somewhat biased) vote goes for DMU either way. :thumbup:

Now I feel hurt.
I thought we had something special

Atlanta offers more first rate hospitals where you can rotate; the pcom networks is awesome. Research without bias this point and you will see. Nothing against DMU, it is top notch plus people say Des Moines is family friendly and pretty...but you could not pay me to live in Iowa.:D

This is the kind of information I'm looking for TXKnight. Thank you. I'd love to find out more about rotations for both schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Some very good looking guy posted a list of rotation sites in the GA-PCOM thread.

Some very good looking guy posted a list of rotation sites in the GA-PCOM thread.
I wonder who found that list:laugh:

but for real, that list shows sweet spots to rotate at...now it's a matter of getting into the jtrack

Forgive mee

Haha of course. Fyi

1385530924923.jpg

Id pick Ga-PCOM, Atlanta has a lot of good hospitals, plus the whole "we spend as twice as much time on OMM as any other school" thing turned me off to DMU. Plus touchpause goes there. And its in the Midwest which is like the south "lite". I'm holding an acceptance from GA PCOM so im biased.

EMDO2018, we will see what you have to say after your DMU interview then.

I interviewed at PCOM-GA. The community is nice, very livable, clean. With ATL traffic, getting into the city will be a hassle. However, ATL is a very fun place to be. The J track for PCOM-GA is "Atlanta Based," but that term is applied broadly and generously. Some of your rotations will be quite a drive. Its the same situation with AZCOM. Also, Keep in mind that while ATL is a big city, you have Emory and Morehouse in the city taking up rotation spots, as well as UGA and Mercer not too far away. Im not saying that there aren't enough rotation positions, there are plenty. What I'm saying is that I wouldn't just assume that ATL will automatically lend itself to incredible-high exposure rotations b/c its such a big city. I don't know much about DMU except for its reputation (which is stellar). I do know that Des Moines winters make lake-effect snow sounds like child's play.