Florida schools - interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats the latest with the FSU applications? Anyone found their LOR's on the update page?

Members don't see this ad :)
DrMike24 said:
Whats the latest with the FSU applications? Anyone found their LOR's on the update page?

I actually checked today and my LORs are there. In fact, every box is complete, but under "Application Complete" it is still blank.

Arsenic810 said:
i know what you meant, its just funny how you managed to slip that 4 letter word into the reply ;)

My bad!!! ;) ;)

I'll try to find another example. How about this one.........looking at your bill payments on line, only to get it in the mail a few days later????? :laugh: :laugh:

Arsenic810 said:
i know what you meant, its just funny how you managed to slip that 4 letter word into the reply ;)

My bad!!! ;) ;)

I'll try to find another example. How about this one.........looking at your bill payments on line, only to get it in the mail a few days later????? :laugh: :laugh:

Does any one know when FSU start interviewing ?

I check my application and everything is there but it does not say complete, any one know more about this?

greendot said:
I actually checked today and my LORs are there. In fact, every box is complete, but under "Application Complete" it is still blank.

ok, just checked it, same here...ok fsu, ya got everything, that means app is complete...no?

Hi guys,
just got an interview with UM for sept 16, :D
I got an email. :cool:

baby4you said:
Hi guys,

Hey congrats baby4you, thats really great! Thats also really soon :) I wish you lots of luck :D

DrMike24 said:
Hey congrats baby4you, thats really great! Thats also really soon :) I wish you lots of luck :D

Thank you very much, :D
I just called them because they ask me to, and they said they will be mailing me a package with additional information related to the interview.
let see how it goes, :)

baby4you said:
Hi guys,

Congrats! :clap:

greendot said:

When did you send your LOR's? I sent mine on July 28th and they're still not showing up.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine were sent on the 10th of august and just showed up as being received on the 19th along with everything else.

bwells46 said:
When did you send your LOR's? I sent mine on July 28th and they're still not showing up.

I sent my secondary on 7/27, my advisor sent the LOR 7/29.

That is weird because it should show up there by now. Have you called them?

baby4you said:
I sent my secondary on 7/27, my advisor sent the LOR 7/29.

That is weird because it should show up there by now. Have you called them?

Do you happen to know the number? This is the only contact information I see:

Florida State University
College of Medicine
Admissions Office
1115 W. Call Street
Tallahassee, Florida 32306-4300
[email protected]

bwells46 said:
Do you happen to know the number? This is the only contact information I see:

Florida State University
College of Medicine
Admissions Office
1115 W. Call Street
Tallahassee, Florida 32306-4300
[email protected]

Here it is:
Phone: (850) 644-7904
the page that have all the contact info is
http://med.fsu.edu/contact.asp

baby4you said:
Hi guys,

Congrats!!!

bwells46 said:
Thanks - I must have missed the link to that page
Hey bwells46, did you get to call them?
by any chance, did you ask them about when are they planning to start interviewing?

thanks. :luck:

baby4you said:
Hey bwells46, did you get to call them?
by any chance, did you ask them about when are they planning to start interviewing?

thanks. :luck:

I just got off the phone with them. They said they will start interviewing this month and continue through March.

They also told me they had all my letters but for some reason my file was never processed. :( C'est la vie. I guess they'll process it now and I'll be complete.

bwells46 said:
I just got off the phone with them. They said they will start interviewing this month and continue through March.

They also told me they had all my letters but for some reason my file was never processed. :( C'est la vie. I guess they'll process it now and I'll be complete.

That sucks that they havent processed you appl if they had eveything. Hope they will work on yours now. :)

Your case got me thinking because they have all my paper but no completion yet. :(
I will send them an email and see what they say.
thanks, ;)

Congrats baby4you! I'm jealous, knock em dead.

Mike4284m said:
Congrats baby4you! I'm jealous, knock em dead.

Im so scare of meter la pata :(
Let see how it goes, :rolleyes:

Woohoo! I'm finally on the ranked list instead of file evaluation for Miami.

Its the little things that keep me going . . . :laugh:

baby4you said:
That sucks that they havent processed you appl if they had eveything. Hope they will work on yours now. :)

Your case got me thinking because they have all my paper but no completion yet. :(
I will send them an email and see what they say.
thanks, ;)

I would suggest calling them. I sent them three emails and never received a response.

bwells46 said:
I would suggest calling them. I sent them three emails and never received a response.

I will do that, thanks !!!!!
:D

Let us know what response you get...I am wondering about them...

DrMike24 said:
Let us know what response you get...I am wondering about them...
Will do, :D
I will call on tuesday because of labor day

Just trying to keep the thread alive...Go Gators!

Kleintje said:
Just trying to keep the thread alive...Go Gators!

Come on Canes!!! Don't make the fact that I own a foam ibis head all for naught... I'll wear it to work for an interview.

I expected UF to give out more interviews today. I thought they would start giving out interviews at the start of each week.

I keep on leaving messages to FSU adm and no one calls me back. I emailed them already,
anything else I can do? :(

baby4you said:
I keep on leaving messages to FSU adm and no one calls me back. I emailed them already,
anything else I can do? :(

Keep calling but don't leave any more messages. If a messaging service picks up, hang up and try back later.

bwells46 said:
Keep calling but don't leave any more messages. If a messaging service picks up, hang up and try back later.

thank you, ;)
i guess i will do that

Anyone hear from any of the florida schools today?

Also I actually got through to FSU and they said if all of the things are checked off then you are complete. Its hard to reach them because I think it is only one lady in charge of everything?

1SwtWrld said:
Anyone hear from any of the florida schools today?

Also I actually got through to FSU and they said if all of the things are checked off then you are complete. Its hard to reach them because I think it is only one lady in charge of everything?

That is the way it is I think.
But they used to be so good before? I remembered I would email them and within 30 min I would get a respond. :thumbdown:
I dont know what is going on but its not good. :(

Did anyone get around the FSU humanities letter requirement? Despite being a humanities major, I dont actually have one of these, and probably couldnt get one. Any ideas?

has anyone noticed that the website to check status to FSU has changed?
my LOR used to be there but they are not. it looked like they forgot to put them back in.
any one else in the same situation?

baby4you said:
my LOR used to be there but they are not. it looked like they forgot to put them back in.

Yep. After they "forgot" to process my application, now my letters aren't showing up again. No wonder so many people don't get into medical school - it's tough enough just to get the school to complete your application.

bwells46 said:
Yep. After they "forgot" to process my application, now my letters aren't showing up again. No wonder so many people don't get into medical school - it's tough enough just to get the school to complete your application.

it is upsetting that after all the trouble we have to go through to get everything to them, they dont even process it.
i keep calling them and nothing. :scared:

baby4you said:
it is upsetting that after all the trouble we have to go through to get everything to them, they dont even process it.
i keep calling them and nothing. :scared:

Maybe they blocked your phone number? :laugh:

j/k - What's happening when you call? Are you just getting the answering service or a busy signal?

bwells46 said:
Maybe they blocked your phone number? :laugh:

j/k - What's happening when you call? Are you just getting the answering service or a busy signal?

I get this lady's machine and no one answered.

Also, has anyone heard anything from USF since that first flurry of excitement around here?

unfrozencaveman said:
Also, has anyone heard anything from USF since that first flurry of excitement around here?

I sent an email yestersday because I have received an email saying that my app was complete but when i checked the website it said that my app was received but not processed.

the answer to my email was: "your file is complete". nothing else. :(

baby4you said:
I sent an email yestersday because I have received an email saying that my app was complete but when i checked the website it said that my app was received but not processed.

the answer to my email was: "your file is complete". nothing else. :(

USF has a application status page? Could you possibly tell me where to find it? Thanks a lot.

Does UF have one?

baby4you said:

Happened to me as well.

MrBurns10 said:
USF has a application status page? Could you possibly tell me where to find it? Thanks a lot.

Does UF have one?

Suprisingly enough, UF does not have one. I'm not sure why they don't since they have plenty of servers and easy access to programmers. Maybe they feel that they don't have enough admissions staff?

Got an interview from FSU today, so they must just not update the website very much. My letters are not showing in on thier website either.

Aaaah! It looks like maybe I shouldnt have made that "foam ibis head to work" bet. Just got the email from miami!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.