This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, I got waitlisted by USF and accepted to UCF within 10 minutes this morning! :rofl:I really liked UCF's program but, by a VERY slim margin, my first choice remains UF. I am truly flabbergasted that I even get to be choosing between two such awesome programs. For those that are on the waitlist, there will be a spot opening up at UCF. This has been a wild ride.

Reactions: 5 users
If you havent heard anything from FIU they are doing another wave of invites for interviews next week. At the same time i was told im probably not going to get invited. *sigh*

Just got waitlisted at USF. On hold at NSU. Been waiting to hear back from UM since my interview on Oct 27th.

Wow, I got waitlisted by USF and accepted to UCF within 10 minutes this morning! :rofl:I really liked UCF's program but, by a VERY slim margin, my first choice remains UF. I am truly flabbergasted that I even get to be choosing between two such awesome programs. For those that are on the waitlist, there will be a spot opening up at UCF. This has been a wild ride.

Congratulations! I came in to this application with UCF as my first choice and was debating not even applying for UF, but have now decided that I will be attending UF as well! Go Gators! :D

Reactions: 4 users
I need some advice please! Sorry this is long but here’s my situation:
I’m accepted to NSU
Will most likely be accepted to FIU
Waitlisted at USF
(Waiting to hear back from Mercer and UCF, most likely waitlisted)

UCF is my #1 but pretty sure I bombed the interview, and USF is my #2. So as of right now I’m deciding between NSU and FIU. If I go to NSU even if I get accepted on USFs waitlist over the summer it won’t matter because NSU starts their classes over the summer. If I don’t put the 1000 downpayment for NSU this Friday, then somehow don’t get accepted into FIU, basically I’m screwed if I never get accepted off any waitlists. My problem is I don’t have the money to just waste 1000 so I have to decide between NSU and probably definitely go there, or gamble hoping I at least get FIU and then maybe accepted to USF before classes start. I would prefer NSU over FIU (I think, the tuition is just 20k more expensive), but USF over NSU.

Does anyone have any advice? I’m totaly stuck with no idea what to do

I’m accepted to NSU
Waitlisted at USF

UCF is my #1 but pretty sure I bombed the interview, and USF is my #2. So as of right now I’m deciding between NSU and FIU. If I go to NSU even if I get accepted on USFs waitlist over the summer it won’t matter because NSU starts their classes over the summer. If I don’t put the 1000 downpayment for NSU this Friday, then somehow don’t get accepted into FIU, basically I’m screwed if I never get accepted off any waitlists. My problem is I don’t have the money to just waste 1000 so I have to decide between NSU and probably definitely go there, or gamble hoping I at least get FIU and then maybe accepted to USF before classes start. I would prefer NSU over FIU (I think, the tuition is just 20k more expensive), but USF over NSU.

Nsu is about 10k more expensive and considering Miami is more expensive to live in it kinda evens out. NSU has been around longer than fiu which is another positive for nsu vs fiu. Overall all the programs in Florida have a 100% ultimate board pass rate. So I would decide where based on where you wanna live/work. As well as tuition which is all pretty close apart from UMs 103K. All the campuses are pretty nice as well so I would go by location

Reactions: 1 user
Nsu is about 10k more expensive and considering Miami is more expensive to live in it kinda evens out. NSU has been around longer than fiu which is another positive for nsu vs fiu. Overall all the programs in Florida have a 100% ultimate board pass rate. So I would decide where based on where you wanna live/work. As well as tuition which is all pretty close apart from UMs 103K. All the campuses are pretty nice as well so I would go by location
Thank you so much! I really appreciate it

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it

Have you considered contacting admissions at FIU and explain that "FIU is my first choice however the NSU deadline is approaching and I'd like to get your expert opinion on my chances of getting accepted"? It doesn't hurt to ask and they might hint at good news early

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m accepted to NSU
Waitlisted at USF

I went to FPTA's student conclave this year and had a chance to talk to people from every program in FL. you honestly can't go wrong with any of them. I personally wouldn't gamble on it. a sure thing is a sure thing. if you are in between just NSU and FIU you might as well just go for NSU. the only thing that could make a difference is if you get called off the waitlist for USF. that's public tuition vs private tuition and cost of living isn't as bad in Tampa as it is down south.

Congratulations! I came in to this application with UCF as my first choice and was debating not even applying for UF, but have now decided that I will be attending UF as well! Go Gators! :D
See you there! :highfive:

Anybody hear back anything from Nova, FIU, or FGCU? I haven't heard a single thing for those three. Not an interview, rejection, waitlist, nothing. Anyone else in this position? I am not sure what to think of this!!

I currently am waitlisted at 3 schools (USF, Adventist, and UNF) and have an upcoming interview at St. Augustine. I am hoping for some good news between those 4 I have heard back from. Anyone have tips for being on the waitlist?? I wish I knew what my real chances were looking like. Feeling the stress of it all lately!!

Anybody hear back anything from Nova, FIU, or FGCU? I haven't heard a single thing for those three. Not an interview, rejection, waitlist, nothing. Anyone else in this position? I am not sure what to think of this!!

I currently am waitlisted at 3 schools (USF, Adventist, and UNF) and have an upcoming interview at St. Augustine. I am hoping for some good news between those 4 I have heard back from. Anyone have tips for being on the waitlist?? I wish I knew what my real chances were looking like. Feeling the stress of it all lately!!
same thing with me for Nova. I have no clue what is going on. Very hard to wait it out!

Have you tried contacting the program?

I have a friend that was waitlisted at Rutgers and she called admissions to inquire and see if there is anything she could do to show she was qualified for the program. Next week she got in. She mentioned that same process occurred with another friend she had. Might not hurt following up with each school to show you really want admission

P.S. If you check earlier in this thread you will find dates of acceptances and interviews for FGCU, FIU and NSU. They might still be doing another round but I got my interviews and acceptances from all 3 schools in early Jan. Hope this helps

I have a friend that was waitlisted at Rutgers and she called admissions to inquire and see if there is anything she could do to show she was qualified for the program. Next week she got in. She mentioned that same process occurred with another friend she had. Might not hurt following up with each school to show you really want admission

P.S. If you check earlier in this thread you will find dates of acceptances and interviews for FGCU, FIU and NSU. They might still be doing another round but I got my interviews and acceptances from all 3 schools in early Jan. Hope this helps

Thanks for the reply everyone!

Edwin, congrats on hearing back from all 3! Have you made your final decision as to where you want to attend? I emailed UNF and they said they’re contacting people in the waitlist, but unfortunately I haven’t been able to call any others since I’m working when they’re open. Going to try to call sometime today though and if not email them. Thanks for the advice :)

Has everyone already heard from UCF? Accepted, wait list, etc.?

I think I've finally decided on UF as my final choice, but I'd still like to hear back from all of the schools I applied to before I start making concrete plans! So far I've turned down USF and I'm about to retract my acceptance from UNF.

Hey guys, so I was able to contact some of the schools I’m waitlisted at or waiting to hear back from and for the most part I’m still under review. Unfortunately what’s really pulling me down are my GRE scores. Does anyone have tips/advice on how to bring up my over all score? I took it twice and actually did worse my second time around :(. Hopefully one program accepts me but worse comes to worst I’ll have to retake it. Thanks for any help!

I think I've finally decided on UF as my final choice, but I'd still like to hear back from all of the schools I applied to before I start making concrete plans! So far I've turned down USF and I'm about to retract my acceptance from UNF.
I got an acceptance call from UCF on 2/1 (interviewed on 11/17).

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys, so I was able to contact some of the schools I’m waitlisted at or waiting to hear back from and for the most part I’m still under review. Unfortunately what’s really pulling me down are my GRE scores. Does anyone have tips/advice on how to bring up my over all score? I took it twice and actually did worse my second time around :(. Hopefully one program accepts me but worse comes to worst I’ll have to retake it. Thanks for any help!
In the event that you have to retake, I strongly recommend a website called Magoosh. They have video lessons for every possible topic so you can focus on your problem areas and not have to sit through stuff you already know. Most importantly, they have TONS of good practice questions (all with videos explaining the answers) that I felt were slightly harder than the actual GRE questions. This really helped me a lot. Good luck!

Reactions: 5 users
It was a really tough decision to be honest. USF seems to have a really nice program and it would have been very convenient for me because then I wouldn't have to move.... but I just couldn't bring myself to turn down UF. Are you planning on attending USF??

As of now I will be attending USF. I just had an interview at UNT Health Science Center this Friday, so i still want to see what happens there

Anyone really want to get off the waitlist at USF? I'm just trying to prepare myself for if I get accepted at UNT Health Science Center. I think it is my top choice since I just had my interview and I have never visited USF. Let me know so i can help someone out!

Anyone really want to get off the waitlist at USF? I'm just trying to prepare myself for if I get accepted at UNT Health Science Center. I think it is my top choice since I just had my interview and I have never visited USF. Let me know so i can help someone out!
USF is tied for my number 1. Don’t turn down USF though until you definitely get into UNT. I’ve never visited either so I can’t really give any information that could help you with your decision. All I know is USF is ranked well, and the Tampa area is nice! Congrats on getting accepted and best of luck where ever you go

I went to FPTA's student conclave this year and had a chance to talk to people from every program in FL. you honestly can't go wrong with any of them. I personally wouldn't gamble on it. a sure thing is a sure thing. if you are in between just NSU and FIU you might as well just go for NSU. the only thing that could make a difference is if you get called off the waitlist for USF. that's public tuition vs private tuition and cost of living isn't as bad in Tampa as it is down south.
Thank you so much for the advice! I’m currently leaning towards NSU. I’ll just hate if I get accepted to USF after I started the program at NSU but who knows.

Have you considered contacting admissions at FIU and explain that "FIU is my first choice however the NSU deadline is approaching and I'd like to get your expert opinion on my chances of getting accepted"? It doesn't hurt to ask and they might hint at good news early
I’m going to contact him probably tomorrow! Thank you!

USF is tied for my number 1. Don’t turn down USF though until you definitely get into UNT. I’ve never visited either so I can’t really give any information that could help you with your decision. All I know is USF is ranked well, and the Tampa area is nice! Congrats on getting accepted and best of luck where ever you go

Thank you so much! I will not turn it down yet but I just wanted to see if anyone wants it badly. Good luck to you as well!

Does USF rank their wait list??

If you’re waiting to hear back from NSU, I would call and ask to check on your admissions status. I received a letter in the mail in October saying I was on hold there. Last week, I started receiving random emails from them so I called today & found out I got in. I think I’m going to call to check my status at UM & USF before I confirm that I’ll be attending.

If you’re waiting to hear back from NSU, I would call and ask to check on your admissions status. I received a letter in the mail in October saying I was on hold there. Last week, I started receiving random emails from them so I called today & found out I got in. I think I’m going to call to check my status at UM & USF before I confirm that I’ll be attending.
This might be a dumb question but is the "application still under review" email that we received the same as being waitlisted? Or was the on hold letter completely different? I just don't get why they would say my application is still under review this far into the cycle?

I interviewed at UCF in late December and got accepted in early Jan, I was informed that it was the first wave of acceptances. If that is the case then there should be a few more waves of acceptances so maybe you will hear back soon. Hope that helps

Reactions: 1 users
In the event that you have to retake, I strongly recommend a website called Magoosh. They have video lessons for every possible topic so you can focus on your problem areas and not have to sit through stuff you already know. Most importantly, they have TONS of good practice questions (all with videos explaining the answers) that I felt were slightly harder than the actual GRE questions. This really helped me a lot. Good luck!

I second Magoosh. I used them and did well the 2nd time 153Q & 159V. Also keep an eye out because I got a promo code which gave me 5months for $99 I think

Has anybody heard anything from UF, or does anyone have any idea when the second wave of decisions will be sent out?

This might be a dumb question but is the "application still under review" email that we received the same as being waitlisted? Or was the on hold letter completely different? I just don't get why they would say my application is still under review this far into the cycle?
Honestly, I’m not sure but it doesn’t hurt to call & ask. I never received “Application still under review email.” After I submitted my supplemental fee in September, I sent a follow up email trying to check on the status of my application. Early October, I got a letter in the mail basically saying that they l couldn’t offer me acceptance at the time, but my application will continue to receive consideration as a Hold candidate. I called trying figure what that meant & I was told my application would be reviewed again in April. Then last week I got couple prompt emails about admissions, so I called again to check my status.

Did any of you guys do early admission? I’m wondering, worse case scenario and I have to apply again, if that might better my chances for next time?

Anyone received a call from USF today? I got a call from them this afternoon, but the person didn’t leave a voicemail & I haven’t received any emails from them today. I’m on their waitlist.

Anyone received a call from USF today? I got a call from them this afternoon, but the person didn’t leave a voicemail & I haven’t received any emails from them today. I’m on their waitlist.
Happened to me when I was accepted a few weeks ago. It's the director of the program.... I guess she doesn't like to leave voicemails. She will probably try again.

Those of you who heard back from ucf, was it right after your interview? Also does anyone know when ucf should be letting everyone else know, I had my interview in December and haven't heard anything yet

Those of you who heard back from ucf, was it right after your interview? Also does anyone know when ucf should be letting everyone else know, I had my interview in December and haven't heard anything yet

Not sure when they will let "everyone" know however, I interviewed Dec. 14th and got accepted around the Dec 21st; I believe the acceptance was the 1st batch. Most people got notified in early Jan. If you are wondering how many spots are left the most useful info I can give is that the "UCF DPT Class of 2021 Group" has 22 members in it and I believe the cohort is suppose to be ~35 students. Hope this helps!

I just got an email from UCF telling me I'm on the first tier of the waitlist. I'm going to be declining though!

I interviewed with UCF in January and got a call back just a few days later. It still looks like they have ~12-15 seats open to the class isn't full yet! I haven't heard anything from UF though and it looks like their class is pretty full already...

I'm curious approximately how many students were invited to UF's visit day?

I just got an email from UCF telling me I'm on the first tier of the waitlist. I'm going to be declining though!
I got the same email, and will be declining as well!

Anyone else have an interview with Nova Tampa's Hybrid program this Thursday, the 15th? And for those of you who have already interviewed for Nova's hybrid program, would you mind sharing any insight on things to expect from the interview or what type of questions were asked? Thanks in advance and congrats to all of you who are getting acceptances!!

my stats were
cum gpa 3.35
pre-req 3.89
GRE 161 Q 159V 4AW
observation hours 50 SNF 50 pediatrics, 800+ outpatient 75 acute inpatient

I am also a second career changer I worked for 6+ years after my masters degree so I had alot of outside real life experience I could bring to the table and talk about in my essays and interview.

As far as UM, I love it so far, every one of the faculty is very supportive and always available to help you, even if its not class/school related. My classmates are my family and we have each others back, even the second and third years help out as much as our own class.

The interview process really sold me, talking to the students and getting a feel for how the program is well organized and operated.

we are almost done with our summer semester, we have 3 classes and one of them ended already, while another one ends on july 27th and our anatomy final is on aug 4th, then we start back up on Aug 21st for fall semester.

Let me know if you have any more questions, feel free to ask anything.
my stats were
cum gpa 3.35
pre-req 3.89
GRE 161 Q 159V 4AW
observation hours 50 SNF 50 pediatrics, 800+ outpatient 75 acute inpatient

I am also a second career changer I worked for 6+ years after my masters degree so I had alot of outside real life experience I could bring to the table and talk about in my essays and interview.

As far as UM, I love it so far, every one of the faculty is very supportive and always available to help you, even if its not class/school related. My classmates are my family and we have each others back, even the second and third years help out as much as our own class.

The interview process really sold me, talking to the students and getting a feel for how the program is well organized and operated.

we are almost done with our summer semester, we have 3 classes and one of them ended already, while another one ends on july 27th and our anatomy final is on aug 4th, then we start back up on Aug 21st for fall semester.

Let me know if you have any more questions, feel free to ask anything.

Thank you for your post. It really gave me hope and motivation. I am also a second career changer-retired military. Although physical therapy is my dream career, I am hesitant due to my age. Not to mention I have to complete some of my prerequisites again due to the time limit requirements. So I will be applying to the program next year at 40-yikes. Just wondering if anyone else got a late start or changed careers.