This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
no word from UF or FIU. is this normal?

I'm not currently at UF, but I heard nothing from them until 3/16 last year, when they told me I'd been waitlisted. A good amount of my current classmates mentioned having a similar experience. Hope that helps!

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you! I’m really worried about the UCF interview since it’s my #1, plus I heard some of the questions totally take you off guard.
UCF definitely has some crazy questions! Be prepared for anything, but just know there is no wrong answer! They just want to get to know you.

Reactions: 1 users
Just gave up my seat at USF and will be attending UF. Hope this helps someone else get in! Good luck to everyone

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone that interviewed at FGCU on December 15th gotten an acceptance yet?

Anyone else get the acceptance email from nsu today??
Nope. Is this for the Ft. Lauderdale Campus? I called them yesterday to get an update from them and they said that my application is still under review and that I just need to keep waiting. I haven't been placed on a waitlist or anything yet... Hope this isn't a bad sign lol

Nope. Is this for the Ft. Lauderdale Campus? I called them yesterday to get an update from them and they said that my application is still under review and that I just need to keep waiting. I haven't been placed on a waitlist or anything yet... Hope this isn't a bad sign lol
Yea for Fort Lauderdale! I was placed on the waitlist in September so they must be finally looking to fill spots from the regular applicant pool. I would say not getting a rejection by now is a good sign and you are probably either getting accepted or put on the waitlist which isn’t bad too

Yea for Fort Lauderdale! I was placed on the waitlist in September so they must be finally looking to fill spots from the regular applicant pool. I would say not getting a rejection by now is a good sign and you are probably either getting accepted or put on the waitlist which isn’t bad too
Congrats by the way thats awesome! It seems like an amazing school. Do you know if anyone has received rejections yet?

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats by the way thats awesome! It seems like an amazing school. Do you know if anyone has received rejections yet?
Thank you! And not sure to be honest. I know some schools have sent rejections but unsure about nsu

Members don't see this ad :)
Same here!

Do you guys know how big the class size is at NSU?

Anyone that interviewed with FGCU on January 13. Have you heard back from them yet?
I interviewed on this day and received an email from Melinda on 1/24 saying "The Admission and Recruitment Committee reviewed your application materials, completed your interview and have recommended to offer you admission to the Doctor of Physical Therapy Program at FGCU. This is not a formal offer of admission, but simply a "heads up" that you will be receiving a formal offer in the very near future."

Just got an interview invitation from Miami!! Surprised because I've already been rejected from UCF and USF and assumed I'd have no chance there because of that but this is the most crazy process so who knows

Reactions: 5 users
Just got an interview invitation from Miami!! Surprised because I've already been rejected from UCF and USF and assumed I'd have no chance there because of that but this is the most crazy process so who knows
Congrats!! When is your interview?

Put my deposit down for NSU! Anyone else planning on attending there too?

Update for anyone interested in University of North Florida! I was accepted off the waitlist and have decided to decline my spot. Maybe, you are next!

man i havent heard zilch from FIU or UF. no rejection, no status update, no correspondence AT ALL. i can assume that it's pretty much done at this point right?

man i havent heard zilch from FIU or UF. no rejection, no status update, no correspondence AT ALL. i can assume that it's pretty much done at this point right?
I wouldn’t worry so much. Acceptances/waitlists come out all the way up until before classes start

Hi y’all! I have 2 questions!

1. Have any out of state people heard anything from UF?
2. Does not getting an invite to visit day at UF pretty much mean you’re probably not getting in?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
What were you reasons for declining USF?
It was a really tough decision to be honest. USF seems to have a really nice program and it would have been very convenient for me because then I wouldn't have to move.... but I just couldn't bring myself to turn down UF. Are you planning on attending USF??

I wouldn’t worry so much. Acceptances/waitlists come out all the way up until before classes start

but not even an interview invite or disinvite? the 2nd to last interview date already passed and the next one is in 10 days....

but not even an interview invite or disinvite? the 2nd to last interview date already passed and the next one is in 10 days....
UF told me it could be April before we hear back, and it could still be an acceptance!

It was a really tough decision to be honest. USF seems to have a really nice program and it would have been very convenient for me because then I wouldn't have to move.... but I just couldn't bring myself to turn down UF. Are you planning on attending USF??

As of now yes, I have an interview at UNT this Friday so if I get accepted their I'm going to have a rough time deciding :(

Also, just declined my spot at Nova! I hope this helps some of you guys out :)

Hi y’all! I have 2 questions!

1. Have any out of state people heard anything from UF?
2. Does not getting an invite to visit day at UF pretty much mean you’re probably not getting in?

Im applying from OOS as well and did not hear anything from UF. Did not get an invite to the visit day either, but not too concerned about that since it would be an inconvenience for people coming from far away...

Im applying from OOS as well and did not hear anything from UF. Did not get an invite to the visit day either, but not too concerned about that since it would be an inconvenience for people coming from far away...
Okay that makes me feel better lol! Where are you from??

Okay that makes me feel better lol! Where are you from??

Judging from last year, UF makes the majority of its first round acceptances from the Visit Day invitees. After that, they send out a second wave (not sure if they were invited to visit day)and a waitlist. They do accept from the waitlist sometimes into June. If you get put on the waitlist you might have to accept the spot to stay on it. Hope that helps. UF did invite OOS last year to the Visit Day and some got acceptances in the first wave, but perhaps that changed this year. It seems to be an ever evolving process. Best of luck to everyone.

Reactions: 2 users