Florida DPT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got a call today, interview invitation for December 14th.
Hey @MagDPT, I also got an invite for December 14th. What time did you choose? I'll be at the 1pm slot. :) Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Just received an email from UF saying that I've been invited to the visit day on December 2nd. Anyone else get anything?

I just received the invite for the December 2nd Visit Day today! A little late, but I guess they still had spaces available for that date :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received an invite to UF's second visit day (Jan.20th)?

I haven't either but I was wondering since I saw some people had received something about the first one all the way back in October! As of now UF is my top choice! I've applied to UF/USF/UM/UCF and I might apply to Nova Southeastern! I interviewed at UM on Nov. 11th and have an interview scheduled at UCF for Jan. 27th

Reactions: 1 user
I haven't either but I was wondering since I saw some people had received something about the first one all the way back in October! As of now UF is my top choice! I've applied to UF/USF/UM/UCF and I might apply to Nova Southeastern! I interviewed at UM on Nov. 11th and have an interview scheduled at UCF for Jan. 27th
That's awesome! What are your stats?

I just received the invite for the December 2nd Visit Day today! A little late, but I guess they still had spaces available for that date :)
Have you heard from FIU?

That's awesome! What are your stats?

I did dual enrollment for my associates degree & then graduated with a Bachelor of Science in May 2016.
Major: Pre-Med
Cum GPA - 3.82 (145 hrs)
Science + Math - 3.88 (77 hrs)
Pre-req - 3.93
GRE: 157V / 152Q / 4.0 AW
Observation Hours:
Outpatient (102 hrs) in Neuro/Peds/Ortho/Sports
Inpatient (50 hrs) in Cardio/Pulm & Geriatrics
Honors/Extra:
Summa Cum Laude
Sigma Kappa Delta
CPR/AED Certified
Sorority (Community Service/etc.)
Other Leadership & Community Service
Mission Trip

I will more than likely decline my interview to UCF since I will be considered out of state and tuition is way too much! But I'm waiting to hear back from UF & USF!

What are your stats and where did you apply?

University:
University of Alabama at Birmingham
Major: Public Health - Global Health Studies
Overall GPA: 3.63
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.28 (depending on the school)
GRE: 153V, 156Q, 4.0AW

Extra-Curric: Student Government, Dance Team, Pre-PT Society, Public Health Student Association

Volunteer: 100 hours, 3 settings

Applied: UIC, Northwestern, Emory, Mercer, Drexel, Rutgers, UF, USF, UAB, UMMC

Acceptances: Northwestern University (10/10)

Rejections: N/A

Interviews: Rutgers North (11/18), Drexel (11/23), Mercer (1/14)

Has anyone received an invite to UF's second visit day (Jan.20th)?

I went to UF's visit day on the 2nd and one of the professors said they are still debating whether or not they are going to hold a second visit day. Not sure if that's right or not since you obviously heard about a specific date but just thought I'd let you know what I heard!

Members don't see this ad :)
I went to UF's visit day on the 2nd and one of the professors said they are still debating whether or not they are going to hold a second visit day. Not sure if that's right or not since you obviously heard about a specific date but just thought I'd let you know what I heard!

Thank you! It definitely could be something they are considering because I was just talking about the general email they sent out about 2 potential days with Dec. 2nd & Jan. 20th! How was it if you don't mind me asking? Were there a lot of people there?

Last edited:
Thank you! It definitely could be something they are considering because I was just talking about the general email they sent out about 2 potential days with Dec. 2nd & Jan. 27th! How was it if you don't mind me asking? Were there a lot of people there?

There were only around 40 of us there. It was good it was mainly informative going over details of the program, seeing the facility, meeting faculty and current & past students, etc.!

There were only around 40 of us there. It was good it was mainly informative going over details of the program, seeing the facility, meeting faculty and current & past students, etc.!

Oh ok awesome! Thanks for letting me know!

Thought it was really a good day.

Did you apply early decision?
I just applied before the deadline and they contacted me for an early interview which I accepted! The other option was to wait until the other scheduled interviewed dates

Anyone hear back from UF yet?
I haven't yet. When I talked to Amy at the visit day and she said that they were going to try to send out acceptances before Christmas but in the past they haven't been sent out until January.

Reactions: 2 users
undergrad: FSU
major: exercise phys
minors: child development, psychology, sport psychology
gpa: 4.76
hours: 206
GRE: 152V 152 Q 5/6 W

Just got my acceptance email from UF!

Congrats!! What were your stats if you don't mind sharing? I submitted my app forever ago, but still haven't heard a thing.
Thanks!

Undergrad: Ohio State
Major: Health Sciences
Minor: Communications
cGPA: 3.61
Last 60 credit hours (which they value most): ~3.85
GRE: 156V 158Q 4.0AW
Hours: I have over 300 hours in outpatient, neuro, geriatrics and one of my positions is paid
References: 2 PT, 1 professor in my major, 1 community service leader
Jobs: I've had 4 jobs throughout school, have 2 jobs currently
Extracurriculars: pre-pt/ot club, health sciences club, club swimming, team buckeye student riders, I do triathlons

When I went to the visit day, this is how they told me they choose:
40% comes from your GPA and GRE score
60% comes from your essay, letters of rec., observation hours, jobs, extracurricular activities, etc. all of the qualitative things

My GPA isn't the strongest but I had a really good relationship with all of the people who wrote my letters of rec. so I'm assuming that helped me a lot. They said they really value what your references say about you in the extras field because their opinion of you reflects more so on what kind of therapist you will be than your stats.

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted to UF yesterday around 4:30.

FWIW:

3.93 cum GPA
3.93 PreReQ gpa
155Q 154R 4.5AW
1200+ hours ortho,sports,ICU/acute

Good luck to everyone else waiting to hear back!

Accepted to UF yesterday around 4:30.

FWIW:

3.93 cum GPA
3.93 PreReQ gpa
155Q 154R 4.5AW
1200+ hours ortho,sports,ICU/acute

Good luck to everyone else waiting to hear back!

Accepted to UF. Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
On my way to interview at UCF, but just got my UF acceptance email!

I just applied before the deadline and they contacted me for an early interview which I accepted! The other option was to wait until the other scheduled interviewed dates
How did the interview go?! I'm still waiting to hear back from them

How did the interview go?! I'm still waiting to hear back from them
It went really well! It was very laid back and they sent me an acceptance 30 minutes after the interview ☺️ Feel free to message me if you have any questions!

Just discovered this thread, but figured I'd post what I have!

Accepted to Nova! Still waiting to hear from UF, UNF, and FGCU, but only UF would change my decision. I was wait-listed and ultimately rejected from UF last cycle, so I'm definitely anxious as it's my top choice. Best of luck to everyone!

Just discovered this thread, but figured I'd post what I have!

Accepted to Nova! Still waiting to hear from UF, UNF, and FGCU, but only UF would change my decision. I was wait-listed and ultimately rejected from UF last cycle, so I'm definitely anxious as it's my top choice. Best of luck to everyone!
What are our stats? Last years versus this year?

Received this email from UNF this morning for everyone waiting to hear back from them.

Attachments

• IMG_2736.PNG
    IMG_2736.PNG
    241.2 KB · Views: 86
Reactions: 1 users
What are our stats? Last years versus this year?

Here are my stats:

Major: Exercise Science
Cumulative GPA: 3.50
Pre-Req GPA: 3.36
GRE: 154V/153Q/4.0W

Hours: 2000+ outpatient (orthopedic) as a PT technician/aide
75 outpatient (sports)
20 inpatient (sub-acute/rehabilitation)
15 inpatient (acute)
15 outpatient neuro (Shepherd Center)

EC's: 4 year college athlete, National Society of Leadership and Success, Kappa Omicron Nu Exercise Science Honor Society, B.E.A.R.S Club (Bridging Exercise and Real Science)

I virtually didn't change anything last year to this year with the exception of the added neuro hours (and 1000 more hours of ortho due to work). UF told me last cycle that my stats were competitive, but my essay and letters of rec. were what prevented me form being higher on their wait-list. I feel the need to mention that I replaced 4 schools from last year's application list with 4 new schools that I felt I had better chances with. Hope this helps in whatever part of the process you are in!

@MagDPT UF Has no acceptance deposit. So you can accept their seat and then update if you get something you prefer. It's expected I think.

Also, just wondered what you liked about UCF more. I'm trying to decide what to do. I know the cohort is much smaller, but was there anything else that stood out for you other than personal preference?

@MagDPT UF Has no acceptance deposit. So you can accept their seat and then update if you get something you prefer. It's expected I think.

Also, just wondered what you liked about UCF more. I'm trying to decide what to do. I know the cohort is much smaller, but was there anything else that stood out for you other than personal preference?
Yeah, I think it's just what I have to do with UF. But as for UCF, it's much closer to home so I would actually be able to commute from where I live now, so that'll save a lot of money. UCF is cheaper, but not really by much. I'm really interested in some programs that UCF offers such as Go baby go and their student assisted workout program. I had a really good vibe from the professors and students from both schools, so that's always a plus. I just know Orlando pretty well and I think I'd have a good opportunity to make some connections if I go to UCF. But honestly between UCF and UF, it's a really hard decision. What's your take @dptwannabee1

Yeah, I think it's just what I have to do with UF. But as for UCF, it's much closer to home so I would actually be able to commute from where I live now, so that'll save a lot of money. UCF is cheaper, but not really by much. I'm really interested in some programs that UCF offers such as Go baby go and their student assisted workout program. I had a really good vibe from the professors and students from both schools, so that's always a plus. I just know Orlando pretty well and I think I'd have a good opportunity to make some connections if I go to UCF. But honestly between UCF and UF, it's a really hard decision. What's your take @dptwannabee1

Yeah the commuting makes lots of sense for sure to save money. That wouldn't be an option for me and I really like the whole medical campus vibe of UF and Shands being right there. Gainesville is pretty inexpensive so for needing housing, it's a good option. Just wondered if you knew something else that would help the decision. Thanks

Yeah the commuting makes lots of sense for sure to save money. That wouldn't be an option for me and I really like the whole medical campus vibe of UF and Shands being right there. Gainesville is pretty inexpensive so for needing housing, it's a good option. Just wondered if you knew something else that would help the decision. Thanks
Yeah I really like how UF has Shands and if I did choose somewhere else, UF would definitely be the option especially with the cheaper housing. Just hoping to at least hear from UCF soon!