Florida DPT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just received an email from UF saying that I've been invited to the visit day on December 2nd. Anyone else get anything?

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to University of Florida! I am still waiting to hear back. Here are my stats:

University of Oklahoma (Texas Resident)
Cumulative GPA: 3.86
Last 60: 3.93
Science: 3.58 (currently enrolled in chem 2 and bio 2 and anticipate A's)
Math and Science: 3.64

EC/Community Service
- Volunteered more than 600 hours of the span of my 4.5 years at Oklahoma (with my sorority). Fundraised for CASA and other various organizations.
- Volunteer and participant for Relay for Life (2012-2016)
- Volunteer and participant for "Big Event" (2012-2016) - This is Oklahoma's "day of service" and we spend the day completing various projects
- Member of PT/OT club (2012-2016)
- Salvation Army Volunteer (2012-2016)
- Volunteered for the Freshman Student Advisory Board (2012)

Honors/Awards:
- President's list (4.0): 4 semesters
- Dean's list (3.5): 8 semesters
- Recipient of the Presidential International Travel Fellowship Scholarship - awarded for my study abroad trip

Jobs:
- PT technician: March 2015-May 2016
- Teaching Assistant: January 2016-May 2016

Observed 3 different setting: Overall 730 hours
650 outpatient (tech job for 1.5 years)
40 acute care
40 home health

GRE: Q156 V152 W3.5

So far I have heard back for an interview at:
UNT (2/3/17)
UTMB (11/4)
Tech (10/21)

I applied to University of Florida! I am still waiting to hear back. Here are my stats:

University of Oklahoma (Texas Resident)
Cumulative GPA: 3.86
Last 60: 3.93
Science: 3.58 (currently enrolled in chem 2 and bio 2 and anticipate A's)
Math and Science: 3.64

EC/Community Service
- Volunteered more than 600 hours of the span of my 4.5 years at Oklahoma (with my sorority). Fundraised for CASA and other various organizations.
- Volunteer and participant for Relay for Life (2012-2016)
- Volunteer and participant for "Big Event" (2012-2016) - This is Oklahoma's "day of service" and we spend the day completing various projects
- Member of PT/OT club (2012-2016)
- Salvation Army Volunteer (2012-2016)
- Volunteered for the Freshman Student Advisory Board (2012)

Honors/Awards:
- President's list (4.0): 4 semesters
- Dean's list (3.5): 8 semesters
- Recipient of the Presidential International Travel Fellowship Scholarship - awarded for my study abroad trip

Jobs:
- PT technician: March 2015-May 2016
- Teaching Assistant: January 2016-May 2016

Observed 3 different setting: Overall 730 hours
650 outpatient (tech job for 1.5 years)
40 acute care
40 home health

GRE: Q156 V152 W3.5

So far I have heard back for an interview at:
UNT (2/3/17)
UTMB (11/4)
Tech (10/21)
Your stats are great! I would be surprised if you didn't get accepted.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard anything about the November 18th UCF interview? It seems like it's getting late to get an invite now.

Has anyone heard anything about the November 18th UCF interview? It seems like it's getting late to get an invite now.
Was thinking the same thing today. Haven't heard yet and haven't heard of anyone else. I'm wondering if their dates changed because of the hurricane. UF's visit day dates changed.

Anyone hear from UCF? First interview is in abou 2 weeks!

Anyone hear from UCF? First interview is in abou 2 weeks!
Hello,
Last application cycle I didn't get an invite from Ucf until mid to late December for there last interview. There is hope you will hear back.

Hello,
Last application cycle I didn't get an invite from Ucf until mid to late December for there last interview. There is hope you will hear back.

I'm with @MagDPT No one on here has said they have heard ANYthing from UCF this year. Just surprised that there hasn't been any info. I know we both heard from UF and that is for December 2.

I'm with @MagDPT No one on here has said they have heard ANYthing from UCF this year. Just surprised that there hasn't been any info. I know we both heard from UF and that is for December 2.
Interesting, have you contacted Samantha Moya for any clarification.

Interesting, have you contacted Samantha Moya for any clarification.
I did see on their Facebook page that they were reaching out to alumni to help conduct interviews and they trained today. So maybe that's a sign that everything is still as scheduled. My guess is as good as yours.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did see on their Facebook page that they were reaching out to alumni to help conduct interviews and they trained today. So maybe that's a sign that everything is still as scheduled. My guess is as good as yours.

Yeah might be, and maybe no one invited to the first interview is on here. I guess we will see. I may reach out to her, but I just had an interview today and am planning my trip to UF so I haven't been thinking a lot about it. Just wondering.

Last edited:
Yeah might be, and maybe no one invited to the first interview is on here. I guess we will see. I may reach out to her, but I just had an interview today and am planning my trip to UF so I haven't been thinking a lot about it. Just wondering.
Where did you interview today? Was it your first?

Where did you interview today? Was it your first?

@MagDPT I interviewed in Texas. No it was not my first. I am actually very fortunate to have been accepted to two schools in Texas already.

Last edited:
@MagDPT Did you hear anything from UCF over the weekend? I am guessing no invite for me since we are under two weeks away.

I talked to Samantha and she said invitations are being sent out and that they are taking there time looking over all the applications.
I wonder if that means they're still sending them for the interview on the 18th?

Got a call today, interview invitation for December 14th.

So, I submitted my app to UF on Oct 5th. It was sent to admissions for review on Oct. 18th. I still haven't heard anything from them. Should I be worried??

anybody in this thread applied to UM? or heard back from UM?

So, I submitted my app to UF on Oct 5th. It was sent to admissions for review on Oct. 18th. I still haven't heard anything from them. Should I be worried??
UF doesn't conduct interviews, and they are very iffy about sending out decisions. High GPA: early decision/around Thanksgiving early December Everyone else: January earliest. (I went to UF for under grad and my PTs that I worked for were UF grads)

UF doesn't conduct interviews, and they are very iffy about sending out decisions. High GPA: early decision/around Thanksgiving early December Everyone else: January earliest. (I went to UF for under grad and my PTs that I worked for were UF grads)
UF seems to be changing it up this year. They sent out an email to all applicants saying they were going to have two "visit days" and it seems they sent out invitations in late October inviting some applicants to a December 2 visit date. I applied to UF, but did not get an invitation. My GRE scores were 170/165 and my GPA 3.90. I did receive an interview with UCF on November 18th. Has anyone received an invite to the second UF visit day?

UF seems to be changing it up this year. They sent out an email to all applicants saying they were going to have two "visit days" and it seems they sent out invitations in late October inviting some applicants to a December 2 visit date. I applied to UF, but did not get an invitation. My GRE scores were 170/165 and my GPA 3.90. I did receive an interview with UCF on November 18th. Has anyone received an invite to the second UF visit day?
I didn't receive an invite for the first round. I haven't received anything for the second visit day either.

I don't really get the whole visit day thing. I got the invitation for 12/2. But they stated that receiving an invite and also not receiving one does not mean anything towards admission. So I'm not sure what it is actually for. I received an interview for UCF on December 14th as well. What schools did you apply to?

I don't really get the whole visit day thing. I got the invitation for 12/2. But they stated that receiving an invite and also not receiving one does not mean anything towards admission. So I'm not sure what it is actually for. I received an interview for UCF on December 14th as well. What schools did you apply to?
UCF, UF, USF and UNF

Anyone heard from FIU?
Did you apply to early decision or the regular cycle? I believe the ED interviews are over but the interviews for the regular cycle won't be conducted till sometime in February.

I applied to those four as well. Do you have a top choice?
I really liked the people and atmosphere at UCF, but UF would be great also. I am trying to keep an open mind.

Did you apply to early decision or the regular cycle? I believe the ED interviews are over but the interviews for the regular cycle won't be conducted till sometime in February.
I didn't apply early. Did you get an invite for next year?

I really liked the people and atmosphere at UCF, but UF would be great also. I am trying to keep an open mind.
Yeah UCF is my top choice with UF behind it. Good luck with your interview tomorrow! Let us know how it goes.

Does anyone have any insight into the UF visit days? The invitations are limited, but they have a very detailed agenda (more so than some interviews), a reception at a restaurant including food, and I received the offer of a travel voucher of considerable value. I understand that it is non evaluative and will not have a bearing on whether you are offered admission or not, but it seems like there must be a reason they are having this and spending money. Was hoping perhaps a current UF DPT student might know, or just what people's opinions are.

Last edited:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! @APKUF also would love any insight you had about the UCF interview. Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! @APKUF also would love any insight you had about the UCF interview. Thanks
Split into groups of 3 applicants. Two 45 minute interview sessions, each with two teachers and one current student asking the questions. Standard questions for the most part, plus a few curve balls. The whole thing took about 4 hours if you go on the campus tour.

Reactions: 1 users
Split into groups of 3 applicants. Two 45 minute interview sessions, each with two teachers and one current student asking the questions. Standard questions for the most part, plus a few curve balls. The whole thing took about 4 hours if you go on the campus tour.

Thank you for answering @APKUF That's a lot of interviewing. Was it together as a group of three the whole time, or did it break out into individual questions? Also,was there an essay part. I appreciate your insight.

Thank you for answering @APKUF That's a lot of interviewing. Was it together as a group of three the whole time, or did it break out into individual questions? Also,was there an essay part. I appreciate your insight.
The same three applicants stayed together through both interviews. The questions were all addressed to an individual and not the group, so nobody had the same questions. No essay. Do some interviews have an essay?

The same three applicants stayed together through both interviews. The questions were all addressed to an individual and not the group, so nobody had the same questions. No essay. Do some interviews have an essay?

Wow so it is a group the whole time. Hmmm. Yes some programs do have essays. Last question @APKUF is how many were there in the interview total? Good luck to you. When did they say you would hear by?

Wow so it is a group the whole time. Hmmm. Yes some programs do have essays. Last question @APKUF is how many were there in the interview total? Good luck to you. When did they say you would hear by?
15 applicants and they said they would send something out after the forth and last interview in late January.

15 applicants and they said they would send something out after the forth and last interview in late January.
Thanks for replying! I've been wondering if it would be individually addressed questions or a free for all once the question was asked. Lol. How do you think you did?