Fiek School of Pharmacy (UIW), San Antonio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
its not nine days til midnight tonight :)

Members don't see this ad.

as you can see, I am totally out of #4, way ahead of myself...

sorry, did I ruin the whole count down??? I'll copy and paste it again tomorrow...

so for today 10 is the CORRECT count.

So, I don't mean to get ahead of anyone in this... but has anyone considered what they are going to do about living? Any apartments/lofts/houses anyone knows of that would be ideal for living over there? I am going crazy waiting on these letters to find out if I'll be in San Antonio or Houston.. can't start looking for apartments until I know! :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I am there with you on looking for a place to live. I just dont want to waste time looking and searching the city if I am not going to get the chance to go to school there. So I will wait, I have some friends there, and they are going to give me the scoop once I know where I am going to be.
I am sure we will start a new thread once that happens for the ones who will be attending UIW, and we can exchange more info then.
for now this is the Count Down Thread....10, right????

I think the only thing taking my mind off of worrying about the acceptance letters is I only have 6 more real days of school, and 18 more days till i graduate! But looking on here kind of reminds me that this date is coming up too!!!!!!!!! Is this everyone's first choice? Has anyone else been accepted elsewhere?

I'm really prayin for acceptance to this school lol. I'm kind of in a bind and A LOT rides on getting in lol. For instance, Incase im not accepted this year, I have my bachelors lined up at the University of Florida but I have to be there May 9th for orientation and start classes on the 12th!!!! If I get in to UIW, ill be flying out and finding a place to live the following week. THen Flying back here, moving everything out there, Flying back again to have knee surgery (torn ACL in January, cant get fixed if I dont get accepted) and then driving back out after that to recoup before classes start lol. And on top of it, with a bum knee, ill be worthless at my wedding in March!!! haha I NEED to get accepted, to top it off, my life is at a total standstill right now until I get accepted to pharm school. (as Im sure most are) lol...Good luck everybody..time is comin up soon haha

Confessions of a nervous pharmacy applicant!

Torkey, I'll be praying for you. That is a lot of stuff to be going through. Everything will be alright in the end. Congratuations on your upcoming wedding!!

I pretty much look at this site for some sort of ease knowing that others are just as nervous waiting as I am.

On another note... almost eight more days :)

Thanks, appreciate it :) best of luck to you =)

yes this is my first choice, out of california and arkansas, this is the one my heart's set on! i would live only 6 hrs away from my family and best of all, san antonio is big and noisy! full of life! :D

yes this is my first choice, out of california and arkansas, this is the one my heart's set on! i would live only 6 hrs away from my family and best of all, san antonio is big and noisy! full of life! :D

Well hopefully you will get some good news soon! hopefully we all get some good news! I was devastated when i got rejected from Kingsville. I am still wondering why, I would like to know, b/c i know its not my GPA or my PCAT score, its not perfect but it wasn't bad (82). I dunno. I just want to know so I can figure out if I need to find a job, or something if I don't end up getting accepted at UIW. I think UIW is my first choice. I did like Kingsville, but I love being near my family, bf, and friends.

utsatwirler, do you know how many they're going to accept?

utsatwirler, do you know how many they're going to accept?

about a hundred I believe. I remember calculating my odds of getting in and it was 45% give or take, just based on the number of applicants vs acceptances. I know they interviewed 220 students (Maybe 200) and out of that 100 are going to receive invitations.

I so need to be studying for anatomy right now but I have been studying that for the past few days so I am tired of looking at it.. lol

Members don't see this ad :)
May 1st...just around the corner!
Anyone know if UIW sends the standard envelopes for all acceptance/rejection/waitlisted letters or a "special" letter/package for the acceptances and standard envelopes for the rest? Just curious....

i picture a big, thick, white envelope with a big size 40 font that says "congratulations!" they should put confetti inside too! a little bit imaginative?!

i picture a big, thick, white envelope with a big size 40 font that says "congratulations!" they should put confetti inside too! a little bit imaginative?!

lol nice one!

I've heard they're pretty standard size envelopes

Maybe it will be s box with the scrubs and white coat inside. ha ha

8......just over a week....so nice to think by the end of next week the letters will be in the mail! haha and some of you lucky texans may even have it by then! lol Am I the only one thats out of state keepin up on here? (Besides the hawiian ;) haha

8......just over a week....so nice to think by the end of next week the letters will be in the mail! haha and some of you lucky texans may even have it by then! lol Am I the only one thats out of state keepin up on here? (Besides the hawiian ;) haha

They are not going to send any emails right? just the letters in snail mail? also does any one know if they are sending out waitlist/rejection letters as well?

They are sending all letters out including wait list and rejection.

just curious, who were everyones interviewers?

Mine were Dr. Kong and Dr. Maize.
I'm glad I didn't know who they were ahead of time because I would have been really nervous. Dr. Maize is an Associate Dean!

I had Julie Mitchell (district Pharmacy Supervisor for Walgreens) and Dr. Dicianna..she told me he was the chancellor right before I went in..i was freaking out but they were great, and I really enjoyed the interview...ended up lasting like 45 mins lol

this is insane..days off drag on the longest haha....

Have any of ya'll ever heard of hammett plots? My Organic Lab Instructor decided to have us do one this year

7 DAYS!!!!! and no, sorry, dont personally remember hammet plots ;)

So I hear that pharmacy students cannot wear jeans to class at UIW! Some part of the dress code...!

oh yes...the dean is huge on her dress code lol. Im pretty sure the guys have to wear shirt and tie or scrubs every day. Not concerned about it though, gonna be wearing that to work for the rest of your life unless you're in the military probably, so may as well get used to it ;) There is an article posted somewhere on here about that. I would gladly wear the shirt and tie to go to school there lol.

wow no jeans!!! my closet's full of them! but i can survive

the idea is to be a professional school, and that means looking the part the entire time,,, I like it,,

i had a guy named torres-cano and then a professor that was foriegn... it sounded like somethin-"witz" i dunno can't remember but i hope i made a good impression

if anyone thats a non san antonian is looking for housing, I have lived in SA my whole life so I can tell ya'll where the better areas are to be.

if anyone thats a non san antonian is looking for housing, I have lived in SA my whole life so I can tell ya'll where the better areas are to be.

Hopefully in a couple weeks I will be getting in contact with you ;) hahaha

thank the lord the wait is almost over! :D

4 more days!!!!!!!!! I anyone have an address in texas I can have them send the letter to?? haha

Wow! I have been waiting for the day when there would be a long thread of people waiting to get into FSOP like other schools, and here it is:D Good luck everyone!

Ahhh!! We are almost there! EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! :D

we should all have some news by the end of the week. Let us just hope that it is good news!!

Now just a little concentration on my exams and finals would be nice...

Wow! I have been waiting for the day when there would be a long thread of people waiting to get into FSOP like other schools, and here it is:D Good luck everyone!

The school is awesome, it was bound to happen. Of the three I interviewed at this go around, UIW is definitely my favorite. Would be a great school to attend =)

The school is awesome, it was bound to happen. Of the three I interviewed at this go around, UIW is definitely my favorite. Would be a great school to attend =)

Good to hear! I hope you get accepted! I love my school and would'nt want to be anywhere else. May 1st is almost here!!!!!!!!

Im a local san antonian so I am hoping I will get some info by thursday or friday! At least its almost over! only 13 more days till i graduate :D

3 FREAKIN DAYS!!! haha cant believe it but it actually went kind of quickly...the next few are the long part lol

I know of some pharmacy students last year who were fortunate to get an email first before their letter came... maybe they will carry that over to this year? Please? :)

I know of some pharmacy students last year who were fortunate to get an email first before their letter came... maybe they will carry that over to this year? Please? :)

yay for hopeful thinking! that would be awesome!