Federally Qualified Health Centers / FQHCs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shiyuan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have work experience at an FQHC? I was trying to find salary (looking into FL) and work life information online, but not a whole lot of luck. I am considering this as a career option post-residency.

Thanks! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am currently at a FQHC in NM. I rotated through multiple south and central florida FQHCs in med school. There are some generalities that can be said about FQHC: More rural clinics often have a slower pace, pay better, but you may be socially isolated if you are not from the area for at least a few years. Pay averages around the mid $100K range for medical docs but I imagine is similar for podiatry. For our dentists at least (we dont have podiatry) there is issue with accessing treatments that require expensive materials. The people I see succeed in the FQHC setting are those who believe in the mission of community medicine and increased access to care. I have seen many burn out quickly who go to FQHC for financial or lifestyle perks (they do have a few =)).