Favourite song/type of music you listen too

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm a big fan of Shaan (Hindi pop and playback singer). Anyone else like him? His song from the new movie Bewafaa (Pyaar Ki Raahein) is really good.

Members don't see this ad.

me too! :)i like abhijeet,sonu,babul supriyo too among the current generationof singers!but my all time male fav. playback singer will b the great kishore kumar!rafi comes a close second!
pharm28 said:
I'm a big fan of Shaan (Hindi pop and playback singer). Anyone else like him? His song from the new movie Bewafaa (Pyaar Ki Raahein) is really good.

pharm28 said:

yeahhh he's mad good. isn't he the host of "sa re ga ma" or something..??

Members don't see this ad :)
pharm28 said:
does he still sing with his sis?(saagarika was it?)....she was wierd...but he's good...i like the song..tanha dil...guess he's made more songs since then.....but i haven't heard any....

one of my best frnds' fav song...(following his heartbreak ofcourse) is "tadap tadap ke" from the movie hum dil de chuke sanam....he simply won't stop singing it....it's sad...but ummm....he's seriously approaching devdas-like behavior and apperance....what should i do?

anyone into ciara? i like her song "oh".. the beat's great.
do you guys have any recommendations for good songs??
i usually listen to gavin degraw, weezer, the killers, guster, hoobastank, maroon 5, jay sean, eminem, raghav, ciara, linkin park, etc... anyone know of other good stuff? thanks.

saffronrain said:
anyone into ciara? i like her song "oh".. the beat's great.
do you guys have any recommendations for good songs??
i usually listen to gavin degraw, weezer, the killers, guster, hoobastank, maroon 5, jay sean, eminem, raghav, ciara, linkin park, etc... anyone know of other good stuff? thanks.
well there's lifehouse and jet ofcourse and the all american rejects( no new album yet), yellowcard and straylight run...i don't know if you tried them
how about joss stone...i like evanescence

Currently I am listening to this song called Bora Bora by Arash ( a Sweden based Iranian singer) ? :thumbup:

Though lyrics are in persian u can always enjoy music! Its fantabulous!!!

allergic2morons said:
Currently I am listening to this song called Bora Bora by Arash ( a Sweden based Iranian singer) ? :thumbup:

Though lyrics are in persian u can always enjoy music! Its fantabulous!!!

YOU SAY FANTABULOUS TOO!! :p :laugh:

hopeful05 said:
well there's lifehouse and jet ofcourse and the all american rejects( no new album yet), yellowcard and straylight run...i don't know if you tried them
how about joss stone...i like evanescence

I've heard of Lifehouse, never actually took time to listen to their music though.... probably should! Yellowcard is awesome. I love them. :) I despise Joss Stone, but Evanescence is good... I listen to her when I'm depressed..haha

saffronrain said:
I've heard of Lifehouse, never actually took time to listen to their music though.... probably should! Yellowcard is awesome. I love them. :) I despise Joss Stone, but Evanescence is good... I listen to her when I'm depressed..haha
:( Why would you be depressed??

Premedtomed said:
:( Why would you be depressed??

seems like certain things never go according to the way i want them to, but i guess that's life. as Buddha said "life is suffering." whatever, we learn from our experiences- "failures are the stepping stones to success."
haha i saw "harold and kumar" today for the first time, and it was ridiculous. i loved it. anyone else seen that movie? :laugh:

saffronrain said:
seems like certain things never go according to the way i want them to, but i guess that's life. as Buddha said "life is suffering." whatever, we learn from our experiences- "failures are the stepping stones to success."
haha i saw "harold and kumar" today for the first time, and it was ridiculous. i loved it. anyone else seen that movie? :laugh:
I thought it was funny, Data thought it was dumb. I mean, you just gotta appreciate dumb funny movies, just for the sake of being dumb and funny.

BTW did you know you can email Kal? He posted his real email address on his website. I'm still thinking about what I should say to him.

saffronrain said:
yeah JOss stone takes some getting used to....but its good party background music ...you know when instumental is too boring...and you don't want something loud with distinct words either...her muffled voice is perfect then..hehe
listen to lifehouse's "you and me :love: " and they also sang the smallville theme-- i like the end part of that song..where they are like.."...coz you're all i want..you're all i need....you're everything...everything...." :love:
Yep evenescence lyrics giv a powerful feeling...has its own effect

Members don't see this ad :)
saffronrain said:

Yep...that happens to all of us.....and yeah..that is life....
i can add somestuff here...i got it in a forward....
ShowLetter.gif

ShowLetter2.gif

ShowLetter3.gif

ShowLetter4.gif

ShowLetter5.gif

I like most of them... :)

hopeful05 said:
Yep...that happens to all of us.....and yeah..that is life....
i can add somestuff here...i got it in a forward....

good one! those are good "instructions".. :)

sunny123 said:
I thought it was funny, Data thought it was dumb. I mean, you just gotta appreciate dumb funny movies, just for the sake of being dumb and funny.

BTW did you know you can email Kal? He posted his real email address on his website. I'm still thinking about what I should say to him.

hahaha yeah I knew you could email him, but I didn't think he checks it.. I thought maybe his agent would, or other people around him, you know? Jeez, if he has his real email address on there, and he himself replies, then.... hahaha I wonder if any girls have asked him out. I definitely would!!! hahahaha I'm cracking up at the mere thought of it. :laugh: :laugh: :oops: :laugh: :love:

then again kal penn's like... 28 or something.... :oops: :(

hopeful05 said:
well then that's too bad... :p
Number 11. is kinda dumb. I agree living an honorable life. but the reason is really stupid. :mad:

allergic2morons said:
My favourite bhangra song for the moment are kala chashma by amar ashi and dil lutiya by jazzy B and apache indian. though i understand very little punjabi i enjoy the beats.
What do u folks think about Kangna by dr.Zeus?

This one called "angel eyes" though not a bhangra song is quite coollll:thumbup:
I love kangana.......yes....."darshan hoye tere...aja din wadiya "...dunno the singer.....

rxgal8 said:
Have you heard the turkish song by tarkan - simarik
also the half french/half arabic song aicha
I like persian music, some songs by mansour morteza are good too :thumbup:
I looooooooooooooooove that turkish song....it used to be a lot on MTV late night.........its my allllllllll time favourite.....

I love this punjabi song"Ishq Ishq".....also "nashe diye band botle"....by stereo nations.......Call me biased.....but nothing peps me up like punjabi music.........I love pakistani punjabi the most.........I love telgu music though I fail to understand the lyrics........I love kishore kumar and Rafi.....

Anyone like the song GHETTO SUPERSTAR?....i haven't listened to this for 4months...i love this song. :D

data said:
Anyone like the song GHETTO SUPERSTAR?....i haven't listened to this for 4months...i love this song. :D
nooooooooooooooooooooooo

hey do any of you guys use torrents?? i just downloaded that, thinking its better than limewire, but it seems to be slower..... i have bittorrents downloaded too..... i'm d/ling a movie and does anyone know how long 1 movie would take to d/l??? thanks.

saffronrain said:
hey do any of you guys use torrents?? i just downloaded that, thinking its better than limewire, but it seems to be slower..... i have bittorrents downloaded too..... i'm d/ling a movie and does anyone know how long 1 movie would take to d/l??? thanks.
depends...a whole movie takes me 4-6hrs.

meetlife said:
"kabhie kabhie" took 24 hours for me......
why did you download it? i thought all those vcd movies cost 2 bucks. :laugh:

data said:
why did you download it? i thought all those vcd movies cost 2 bucks. :laugh:
desperation.....

top 20 movie songs
Over the Rainbow
PERFORMER Judy Garland
MUSIC/LYRICS Harold Arlen/E. Y. Harburg
WIZARD OF OZ, THE

As Time Goes By
PERFORMER Dooley Wilson
MUSIC/LYRICS Herman Hupfeld
CASABLANCA

Singin' in the Rain
PERFORMER Gene Kelly
MUSIC/LYRICS Nacio Herb Brown/Arthur Freed
SINGIN' IN THE RAIN

Moon River
PERFORMER Audrey Hepburn
MUSIC/LYRICS Henry Mancini/Johnny Mercer
BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'S

White Christmas
PERFORMER Bing Crosby
MUSIC/LYRICS Irving Berlin
HOLIDAY INN

Mrs. Robinson
PERFORMERS Paul Simon, Art Garfunkel
MUSIC/LYRICS Paul Simon
GRADUATE, THE

When You Wish Upon A Star
PERFORMER Cliff Edwards
MUSIC/LYRICS Leigh Harline/Ned Washington
PINOCCHIO

Way We Were, The
PERFORMER Barbra Streisand
MUSIC/LYRICS Marvin Hamlisch/Alan and Marilyn Bergman
THE WAY WE WERE

Stayin' Alive
PERFORMER The Bee Gees
MUSIC/LYRICS Barry, Robin and Maurice Gibb
SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER

Sound of Music, The
PERFORMER Julie Andrews
MUSIC/LYRICS Richard Rodgers/Oscar Hammerstein II
SOUND OF MUSIC, THE

Man That Got Away, The
PERFORMER Judy Garland MUSIC/LYRICS Harold Arlen/Ira Gershwin
STAR IS BORN, A

Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend
PERFORMER Marilyn Monroe
MUSIC/LYRICS Jule Styne/Leo Robin
GENTLEMEN PREFER BLONDES

People
MUSIC/LYRICS Jule Styne/Bob Merrill
FUNNY GIRL

My Heart Will Go On
PERFORMER Céline Dion
MUSIC/LYRICS James Horner/Will Jennings
TITANIC

Cheek to Cheek
PERFORMERS Fred Astaire, Ginger Rogers
MUSIC/LYRICS Irving Berlin
TOP HAT

Evergreen (Love Theme from A Star is Born)
MUSIC/LYRICS Barbra Streisand/Paul Williams
STAR IS BORN, A

I Could Have Danced All Night
PERFORMER Audrey Hepburn (voiced by Marni Nixon)
MUSIC/LYRICS Frederick Loewe/Alan Jay Lerner
MY FAIR LADY

Cabaret
PERFORMER Liza Minnelli
MUSIC/LYRICS John Kander/Fred Ebb
CABARET

Some Day My Prince Will Come
PERFORMER Adriana Caselotti
MUSIC/LYRICS Frank Churchill/Larry Morey
SNOW WHITE AND THE SEVEN DWARFS

Somewhere
PERFORMERS Natalie Wood (voiced by Marni Nixon), Richard Beymer (voiced by Jimmy Bryant)
MUSIC/LYRICS Leonard Bernstein/Stephen Sondheim
WEST SIDE STORY

" Careless Whispers "by George Michael

meetlife said:
" Careless Whispers "by George Michael
Stormy Weather
Lena Horne

i don't know why Hakuna Matata isn't on the list.

data said:
i don't know why Hakuna Matata isn't on the list.
I dunno..there is this song from black beauty......do not remember the lyrics.....beautiful

prady said:
have u ever ever heard of enya?it iszzzz pure melody! :love: simply superb!
i lvoe her music. :)

data said:
Number 11. is kinda dumb. I agree living an honorable life. but the reason is really stupid. :mad:
They are not my "instructions" . I didn't write them, Dalai Lama did... :idea: email him

hopeful05 said:
They are not my "instructions" . I didn't write them, Dalai Lama did... :idea: email him
i wasn't blaming you....you are right. I will take it up to that cow eating buddhist.

Aww...i know... :)
why? does he kidnap cows from farms to eat them or something? is he a cownapper?
wait..are they not supposed to eat cows?
yeah..right?

hopeful05 said:
Aww...i know... :)
why? does he kidnap cows from farms to eat them or something? is he a cownapper?
wait..are they not supposed to eat cows?
yeah..right?
naw i don't like it when someone preaches about nonviolence and eats beef. He only does it cause he says its inevitable...oh well. I got no beef with him other than that.

data said:
naw i don't like it when someone preaches about nonviolence and eats beef. He only does it cause he says its inevitable...oh well. I got no beef with him other than that.

:laugh: that's true........ ;)

data said:

If you have the opportunity, do visit Dharmasala in India where he lives - beautiful place. - I would love to go there when I get to .

data said:
Don't you eat beef?

i'm vegetarian... i guess, piscetarian (or however you spell that) b/c i eat salmon once in a while.

Premedtomed said:
If you have the opportunity, do visit Dharmasala in India where he lives - beautiful place. - I would love to go there when I get to .
Isn't that place in kashmir?