Favourite song/type of music you listen too

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
thanks 4 the info!go ahead! :thumbup: who is stopping you? :laugh:
meetlife said:
Its a weekend............sleep ...sleep..sleep

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
indian_couple.jpg

this is the funniest thing i have ever seen. :laugh:

^ look magenta :laugh:

DJ Tiesto did a one hour set yesterday evening on Z103.5 FM, and it was great. He was spinning and mixing tracks from his album, "In Search of Sunrise".

Boinger dude, I'm sure you got this one ;) .

My music system now is playing Deedar De from Dus its rocking!!!!! has anyone heard the song? :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Greatest band in the world with the greatest album yet. BOOOYAH!!!

sunny123 said:
DJ Tiesto did a one hour set yesterday evening on Z103.5 FM, and it was great. He was spinning and mixing tracks from his album, "In Search of Sunrise".

Boinger dude, I'm sure you got this one ;) .
lol sounds familiar !

hey go dl some new songs i uploaded on my site
www.noabsolute.com/songs/simon posphord

hickville is awesome stargate is kinda funny. Darshan what a weird name. How do these guys name the songs?

Open Skies by Parikrama :thumbup:

par01.gif

allergic2morons said:
My music system now is playing Deedar De from Dus its rocking!!!!! has anyone heard the song? :thumbup:

:thumbup: who is that new bombshell? kya jhakas item hai yaar!

I know people were talking about french songs earlier (maybe on page 7). Anyways, K-maro (mainly french/english) and Massari (Canadian based Lebanese singer who sings in English) is on repeat. Also, Akon (the new songs) as well. Listen to them...

Ghazals rock. :thumbup:

I'm the only one in my lab right now, and here's what's on:

Din guzar gaya aitbaar mein,
Raat kat gayee intezaar mein,
Woh maza kahan vasal-e-yaar mein,
Lutf jo mila intezaar mein.

Unki ik nazar kaam kar gayee,
Hosh ab kahan hoshyaar mein.

Meray kabzay mein kaaynaat hain,
Mein hun aapkay ikhtayaar mein.

Aankh to uthi phool ki taraf,
Dil ulaj gaya husn-e-khar mein.

Tujh say kya kahein kitnay gham sahey,
Humnay be-wafa teray pyaar mein.

Fikr-aashiyan har khizan ki,
Aashiyan jala har bahaar mein.

Alas, a classic.

Does anyone here listen to Keane? I really loved his last album Hopes and Fears especially this song called Everybody's changing. :thumbup:

Ninjzz said:
Ghazals rock. :thumbup:

I'm the only one in my lab right now, and here's what's on:

Din guzar gaya aitbaar mein,
Raat kat gayee intezaar mein,
Woh maza kahan vasal-e-yaar mein,
Lutf jo mila intezaar mein.

Unki ik nazar kaam kar gayee,
Hosh ab kahan hoshyaar mein.

Meray kabzay mein kaaynaat hain,
Mein hun aapkay ikhtayaar mein.

Aankh to uthi phool ki taraf,
Dil ulaj gaya husn-e-khar mein.

Tujh say kya kahein kitnay gham sahey,
Humnay be-wafa teray pyaar mein.

Fikr-aashiyan har khizan ki,
Aashiyan jala har bahaar mein.

Alas, a classic.

:thumbup: My favourite gazal is "Badi Nazuk" from film joggers park

I have heard Backstreet Boys are hiring Mallika sherawat for video of their next album, is it true?

allergic2morons said:
I have heard Backstreet Boys are hiring Mallika sherawat for video of their next album, is it true?
:eek:
what else do u expect when a band of middle aged men masquerading as boys pester us with a very lousy song like imcomplete? :rolleyes: obviously their good days are over .... there are desparetly trying to make news.... in the process making fool of themselves.... nobody would like to watch mallika in music video.... i am happy watching that imfamous 8 min clip of her on mobile phone. ;) I really sorry for BBs :( and all those fans i might have offended :p

allergic2morons said:
:eek: they suck!

get life man!!!! kick those books.... they r doing no good to u :p

allergic2morons said:
Parikrama rocks man!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

R u a mood indigo regular??????

yup.... hey were u there are joe sat's concert too?

Demonic ressurection rocks!!!!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
boy_headbanging_lg_wm.gif

Anybody into PDV???

187.jpg

- Gaurav "THE HEADBANGER" Sharma

Does any1 here listen to DJ Karunesh? His Punjab is my favourite song.

Dr Jay Kill said:
I listened to his track, but nothing really impressed me about it. I was expecting a lot more (as others were hyping this up). What makes this your favourite song? If it was the lyrics, then you got me there as I was more focused on the instrumentals, melody, beat, more than anything.

Dr Jay Kill said:
:thumbup: :thumbup: i can listen to it ten times back to back. u will find this track on mp3 player of every other guy in my hostel. have u seen its video? i havent seen it yet, but people says its also cooooool.

his Indian summer and a journey through india are also ok.

shardul have u heard this new song aashik banayaa aapne??? i didnt like at first but now i find myself humming it.. :p

allergic2morons said:
shardul have u heard this new song aashik banayaa aapne??? i didnt like at first but now i find myself humming it.. :p
song is as hopeless as tanushree dutta :eek: :p

shardul said:
song is as hopeless as tanushree dutta :eek: :p
agreed tanushree dutta is bad but the song isnt that bad .. :mad:

hum di dum... yeah so not that any of you care, but this def. relates to this thread.... lately i've been into nirvana and system of a down. no, i'm not a goth, but their music is actually pretty good.
there's also a good song called "bounce" by fatty koo. i really like the beat. makes ya wanna daaance. :D

saffronrain said:
hum di dum... yeah so not that any of you care, but this def. relates to this thread.... lately i've been into nirvana and system of a down. no, i'm not a goth, but their music is actually pretty good.
there's also a good song called "bounce" by fatty koo. i really like the beat. makes ya wanna daaance. :D
Nirvana isn't really goth, more like grunge/alternative rock. System of a Down is more Alternative metal. Marylin Manson is more goth than anything.... I don't listen to System of a Down too much (Chop Suey was not bad).

hum di dum indeed :p

Do you like P.O.D. (one of their good songs was "Youth of a Nation")? They got some good tracks like "Southtown" and "Sleeping Awake", which are worth checking out.

System of a Down is wicked!!

sunny123 said:
Nirvana isn't really goth, more like grunge/alternative rock. System of a Down is more Alternative metal. Marylin Manson is more goth than anything.... I don't listen to System of a Down too much (Chop Suey was not bad).

hum di dum indeed :p

Do you like P.O.D. (one of their good songs was "Youth of a Nation")? They got some good tracks like "Southtown" and "Sleeping Awake", which are worth checking out.

System of a Down is wicked!!
Yo are you a dj swami devotee?

data said:
Yo are you a dj swami devotee?
I already listed him as one of the better artists out there dude (check out the speak punjabi thread).

Have any of you heard about a new LA-based band called Goldspot? I first heard them online on a KCRW session. The lead singer's Indian and that's had quite some influence on his music. He has a funny story that his parents were always listening to Indian music on tape when he was little, and it wasn't till he was older that he realized he could switch to radio and hear English songs. :p

Anyway, I really liked their album (downloaded on iTunes) so I thought I'd mention them when I saw this thread. Great catchy pop with no fillers. You can listen to some full tracks on their MySpace page.

And to the person who mentioned Keane - I discovered them this year and absolutely LOVE them, I can literally listen to "Hopes and Fears" for hours on end. :) Their b-sides, demos and covers are awesome too!

Lara said:
Have any of you heard about a new LA-based band called Goldspot? I first heard them online on a KCRW session. The lead singer's Indian and that's had quite some influence on his music. He has a funny story that his parents were always listening to Indian music on tape when he was little, and it wasn't till he was older that he realized he could switch to radio and hear English songs. :p

Anyway, I really liked their album (downloaded on iTunes) so I thought I'd mention them when I saw this thread. Great catchy pop with no fillers. You can listen to some full tracks on their MySpace page.

And to the person who mentioned Keane - I discovered them this year and absolutely LOVE them, I can literally listen to "Hopes and Fears" for hours on end. :) Their b-sides, demos and covers are awesome too!

Goldspot.. I heard about them only when Kal Penn mentions it in "Where's the Party Yaar?" I'll have to check it out.
Keane is pretty good. Are there any other bands out there that are worth listening to? My friend and I were actually listening to Weird Al a few weeks ago. haha.. good times, but yeah.. any other good singers/bands??

I really like "Funeral" by The Arcade Fire (plug since I'm originally from Montreal). :) I'd seriously have to rate it the best album of the last year, if you go back from today.

For beautiful mellow Britpop (which I actually prefer to Coldplay) Thirteen Senses and The Breakmakers are great. The latter are especially still "unknown" but I heard of them since they supported Keane at a recent festival. The Magic Numbers are also a good new band to listen to for fun, they've become very big in the UK.

Finally there's a bunch of indie bands - Buffseeds, Rilo Kiley, Sufjan Stevens, Bright Eyes, The Flaming Lips, Death Cab for Cutie (until their next album) that I enjoy. It depends on one's taste though.

Lara said:
I really like "Funeral" by The Arcade Fire (plug since I'm originally from Montreal). :) I'd seriously have to rate it the best album of the last year, if you go back from today.

For beautiful mellow Britpop (which I actually prefer to Coldplay) Thirteen Senses and The Breakmakers are great. The latter are especially still "unknown" but I heard of them since they supported Keane at a recent festival. The Magic Numbers are also a good new band to listen to for fun, they've become very big in the UK.

Finally there's a bunch of indie bands - Buffseeds, Rilo Kiley, Sufjan Stevens, Bright Eyes, The Flaming Lips, Death Cab for Cutie (until their next album) that I enjoy. It depends on one's taste though.
Another Canadian, :D Bienvenue avec SDN!

Anyone had a chance to listen to the Paheli soundtrack? I enjoyed most of the tracks on it.

What are some good tracks on the Bunty Aur Bubly soundtrack? Anyone have any suggestions?

sunny123 said:
Anyone had a chance to listen to the Paheli soundtrack? I enjoyed most of the tracks on it.

What are some good tracks on the Bunty Aur Bubly soundtrack? Anyone have any suggestions?
Kajra Re is awesome!!!!!

sunny123 said:
Kajra Re is awesome!!!!!

Bunty aur Babli's soundtrack was great, I liked Paheli's soundtrack better personally.