Favorite members who got banned

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why keep bringing up Reddit? Reddit is garbage

The halcyon days of Usenet were where it was

BC seemed to really like reddit lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
BC seemed to really like reddit lol

For the record, I honestly didn't know much about reddit before folks on here have talked about having a second account with them. Ya'll think mods are bad here that place is a niche of its own.

Besides, my gut feeling tells me wucool33 is not leaving but rather lurk in silence on SDN of what is being discussed. He/she will get over it, keep lurking, and then come back (or change usernames and then come back.... either way only the few prepharms that give me attitude actually never come back).

Why keep bringing up Reddit? Reddit is garbage

Depends on the culture and quality of subreddits. There are some very interesting subreddits out there if you are lucky to find one.

Pharmacy one is a garbage though. Although it’s still unique in a sense they have lot of pharmacy techs over there, not just pharmacists. You will also find front managers in CVs and WLgreens specific subreddits. Moreover, Reddit is international forum so you would have pharmacists from UK and Finland discussing how things compare over there vs USA.

So all this makes for compelling discussion once in a while due their forum diversity.

Members don't see this ad :)
lmao im just joining this discussion I was literally chuckling at how bothered you are by this while calling other people too sensitive... hypocritical much? I don't even know what you are talking about with the previous discussion, seems like you are the one that's too invested

Don't worry about him he's a troll. He's not even a pharmacist but spends all day in this forum making fun of people.

I certainly never meant for the discussion to get heated as I felt it was an honest and innocent initial question. I just never expected to get jumped on and of course reacted angrily. And even though at the end we both apologized I still got a temp ban, which really pissed me off even more. There were a lot of negative stereotyping going on as to exotic pet owners despite the fact that none of you know me. I've spent $1000+ only to be given back a dead animal so some of the things that were said really rubbed me the wrong way.
Wull hullo! I happened across this thread through mod reports... I was curious as I didn’t recall this. Here is the thread

I am sad that you have negative memories from the discussion. I actually thought both sides did a good job of back and forth until the headbutt with DVMD. And for the record, she is one of the more abrasive truth tellers on the forum which sets people on edge within our community too. But she comes from a good place most of the time and is not out to actually cause malice.

So, in the end, nope, wasn’t the vettie mods who shook a finger at you, and honestly, I would probably have left it open as there is a lot to unpack with the topics of exotics care and pharmacy in general in veterinary medicine. Haha

Reactions: 1 users
Depends on the culture and quality of subreddits. There are some very interesting subreddits out there if you are lucky to find one.

Pharmacy one is a garbage though. Although it’s still unique in a sense they have lot of pharmacy techs over there, not just pharmacists. You will also find front managers in CVs and WLgreens specific subreddits. Moreover, Reddit is international forum so you would have pharmacists from UK and Finland discussing how things compare over there vs USA.

So all this makes for compelling discussion once in a while due their forum diversity.

Reddit is largely a SJW cesspool and skews American

Don't worry about him he's a troll. He's not even a pharmacist but spends all day in this forum making fun of people.

wait hes not even a pharmacist? lmao why isn't he banned?!

For the record, I honestly didn't know much about reddit before folks on here have talked about having a second account with them. Ya'll think mods are bad here that place is a niche of its own.

Besides, my gut feeling tells me wucool33 is not leaving but rather lurk in silence on SDN of what is being discussed. He/she will get over it, keep lurking, and then come back (or change usernames and then come back.... either way only the few prepharms that give me attitude actually never come back).

well he never said he won't look at the forum he just said he won't contribute or post anymore lol

why do you think so many long time posters doesn't like how you do things lol is it only because you are a mod? I never seen people talk about owl or not as much at least

wait hes not even a pharmacist? lmao why isn't he banned?!

Your guess is as good as mine. The mods will ban lifelong members like BMB but let non-pharmacist trolls make fun of people here.

well he never said he won't look at the forum he just said he won't contribute or post anymore lol

why do you think so many long time posters doesn't like how you do things lol is it only because you are a mod? I never seen people talk about owl or not as much at least

People used to complain about me plenty when I was more active. The truth is BC doesn't do very much on here without discussing it with the moderator team beforehand. So he isn't some kind of rouge mod destroying the pharmacy forum. He is following the mod handbook and admin instruction on how to handle TOS violations. I am a little surprised by just how much negative feedback he is getting but it comes with the territory, people are very critical of moderators. But you can't please everyone no matter what. The truth is SDN is a moderated forum with professional standards and a mission ("too help students become doctors"). Compared to much of SDN the pharmacy forums are very lightly moderated, which frankly is how I like it.

Frankly if anything I should be doing more to make SDN a welcoming presence for students. But I enjoy our off topic discussions and just pharmacy topics in general and I think harsh truths can be helpful for students. But if you think about it I really should be doing more to encourage helpful posts.

I don't understand all the talk about reddit. Our mission is totally different from reddit. If someone thinks SDN should be more like reddit I don't think that person understands SDN at all.

And if I can be honest I find it a little mean when people talk about people being banned from SDN for being too honest. That just isn't true. TOS violations are what get people banned. You can be honest without trolling, without being rude or mean, without personal insults, etc. I hope the people who read the posts about banning people for being honest know that is hyperbole/untrue.

Last edited:
People used to complain about me plenty when I was more active. The truth is BC doesn't do very much on here without discussing it with the moderator team beforehand. So he isn't some kind of rouge mod destroying the pharmacy forum. He is following the mod handbook and admin instruction on how to handle TOS violations. I am a little surprised by just how much negative feedback he is getting but it comes with the territory, people are very critical of moderators. But you can't please everyone no matter what. The truth is SDN is a moderated forum which professional standards with a mission ("too help students become doctors"). Compared to much of SDN the pharmacy forums are very lightly moderated, which frankly is how I like it.

Frankly if anything I should be doing more to make SDN a welcoming presence for students. But I enjoy our off topic discussions and just pharmacy topics in general and I think harsh truths can be helpful for students. But if you think about it I really should be doing more to encourage helpful posts.

I don't understand all the talk about reddit. Our mission is totally different from reddit. If someone thinks SDN should be more like reddit I don't think that person understands SDN at all.

And if I can be honest I find it a little mean when people talk about people being banned from SDN for being too honest. That just isn't true. TOS violations are what get people banned. You can be honest without troll, without being rude or mean, without personal insults, etc. I hope the people who read the posts about banning people for being honest know that is hyperbole/untrue.

yeah I remembered I thought you were a smartass before but I didn't remember people bitch about you that much

I think he's receiving that much negative feedback in large part due to how he's responding to people just from what I'm reading on this thread

well BC brought up reddit first i believe telling the other member to go on reddit if he didn't like it here lol what a bully

yeah I remembered I thought you were a smartass before but I didn't remember people bitch about you that much

I think he's receiving that much negative feedback in large part due to how he's responding to people just from what I'm reading on this thread

well BC brought up reddit first i believe telling the other member to go on reddit if he didn't like it here lol what a bully

Well I am a smartass so you remembered correctly lol but yeah back when I was the junior mod plenty of people complained about me. I am sure the only reason I don’t get more complaints now is I just don’t do as much nodding as I used to. Like you said I am a smartass so I doubt I am winning people over with my charming personality. ;)

BC isn’t the poster that brought up reddit. It was mentioned multiple times on the first page and BCs comment about reddit was in direct response to someone saying they were going to leave SDN for reddit. While I personally wouldn’t tell someone to go to Reddit if they don’t like SDN I also don’t think there is much overlap between what users get out of Reddit and what they get out of SDN. Maybe I am wrong though?

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I am a smartass so you remembered correctly lol but yeah back when I was the junior mod plenty of people complained about me. I am sure the only reason I don’t get more complaints now is I just don’t do as much nodding as I used to. Like you said I am a smartass so I doubt I am winning people over with my charming personality. ;)

BC isn’t the poster that brought up reddit. It was mentioned multiple times on the first page and BCs comment about reddit was in direct response to someone saying they were going to leave SDN for reddit. While I personally wouldn’t tell someone to go to Reddit if they don’t like SDN I also don’t think there is much overlap between what users get out of Reddit and what they get out of SDN. Maybe I am wrong though?

well you did make your techs cry so yeah I would agree you probably wouldn't win anyone over lmao :laugh: jk jk

maybe im wrong but I don't think wucool ever said he was going to reddit... all I saw was BC kept harping on it lol

I can speculate but I think its due to being a nontrad student in a forum full of pharmacists (which is understandable). owlegrad of course is established and been here awhile. I was brought on as a mod for the veteran benefits forum when it was created a couple years ago so I try to help out in pharmacy since its just him.

I would also imagine when I try to explain what happens when folks get banned by other senior admins they don't like the answer coming from a student mod or the tone I give people when they get restless. Which of course, coming from a student that isn't licensed can be a sensitive subject. Probably doesn't help that I play tough ball with users that need thick skin for being offended on how things are done (lol oops).

But yes, for anything dealing with our established members I never take action without discussion with owlegrad (I mean he is above me and this is rightfully his section). I do come off though as the mod that just makes the judgment call and forget everyone else's feelings (lol) so I suppose I need to work on that. What can I say, I learn from the best @owlegrad (jk).

• Angry
I can speculate but I think its due to being a nontrad student in a forum full of pharmacists (which is understandable). owlegrad of course is established and been here awhile. I was brought on as a mod for the veteran benefits forum when it was created a couple years ago so I try to help out in pharmacy since its just him.

I would also imagine when I try to explain what happens when folks get banned by other senior admins they don't like the answer coming from a student mod or the tone I give people when they get restless. Which of course, coming from a student that isn't licensed can be a sensitive subject. Probably doesn't help that I play tough ball with users that need thick skin for being offended on how things are done (lol oops).

But yes, for anything dealing with our established members I never take action without discussion with owlegrad (I mean he is above me and this is rightfully his section). I do come off though as the mod that just makes the judgment call and forget everyone else's feelings (lol) so I suppose I need to work on that. What can I say, I learn from the best @owlegrad (jk).

None of us know who you are, nor what your story is. Nor do we care. I'd act the same way towards you if you were the man that invented pharmacy. To me, you're just rando maude # 546 we've had on here. You're all just a useless, faceless cohort that has ruined one of my favorite message boards day after day, month after month, year after year.

#FREEBMB
#DefundTheMaudes

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
None of us know who you are, nor what your story is. Nor do we care. I'd act the same way towards you if you were the man that invented pharmacy. To me, you're just rando maude # 546 we've had on here. You're all just a useless, faceless cohort that has ruined one of my favorite message boards day after day, month after month, year after year.

#FREEBMB
#DefundTheMaudes

lol fair enough

BEEP You are fined one credit for a violation of the verbal morality statute.

Remember CVS was down yesterday and Tesla is back to 1k

Remember CVS was down yesterday and Tesla is back to 1k

LoL if only we could buy Tesla for only 1k presplit today.

Adding Sparda to the list of favorite banned members.

I'm impressed that thread Sparda posted in still exists unlocked while being moved to the off-topic forum after 63 pages.

TBF I think it's a ****ing joke that Sparda got banned for "endorsing violence" while some clown keeps referring to COVID-19 as the "China coronavirus" as though that's a neutral and commonly accepted term for COVID-19. Remember there was some dip**** on the pharmacy forums that tried to attribute H1N1 2009 to China somehow when the 1st cases were discovered in North America. Meanwhile the UK and the U.S. are the vanguard for unchecked COVID-19 spread because muh right to my ****stain normie way of life.

Butthurt thin blue line huwhites triggered much

Reactions: 4 users
I'm impressed that thread Sparda posted in still exists unlocked while being moved to the off-topic forum after 63 pages.

TBF I think it's a ****ing joke that Sparda got banned for "endorsing violence" while some clown keeps referring to COVID-19 as the "China coronavirus" as though that's a neutral and commonly accepted term for COVID-19. Remember there was some dip**** on the pharmacy forums that tried to attribute H1N1 2009 to China somehow when the 1st cases were discovered in North America. Meanwhile the UK and the U.S. are the vanguard for unchecked COVID-19 spread because muh right to my ****stain normie way of life.

Butthurt thin blue line huwhites triggered much
This forum is a joke. The only interesting posts are the investment and real estate discussions.

This forum is a joke. The only interesting posts are the investment and real estate discussions.

The depth of discussion is much different now than it was 7-10 years ago. Though I think that’s more re: attrition than people getting banned.

TBF I think it's a ****ing joke that Sparda got banned for "endorsing violence" while some clown keeps referring to COVID-19 as the "China coronavirus" as though that's a neutral and commonly accepted term for COVID-19.
Not sure, but I’m my part of the country it is matter-of-course to call it “the China-virus” just like it we call it “the Spanish flu” and “Ebola virus” (after the African village iirc).

• Okay...
Not sure, but I’m my part of the country it is matter-of-course to call it “the China-virus” just like it we call it “the Spanish flu” and “Ebola virus” (after the African village iirc).

I don't really think it was a good idea to name a virus from the country of origin. In the case of the Spanish flu, Spain was probably not even the country it originated from.

Sparda finally got banned? He was the OG troll. No really, I didn't mind him and always wondered how he managed to stay employed!

"China virus" is a common right wing dog whistle (further popularized by Trump) like "degenerate" is.

This is why they're renaming the Washington Redskins, Cleveland Indians etc.

This is why they're renaming the Washington Redskins, Cleveland Indians etc.

Funny thing is non-fans are the ones that wanted it changed.

The fans at the stadium will still do things like the tomahawk chop and you can still buy Chief Wahoo shirts.

"China virus" is a common right wing dog whistle (further popularized by Trump) like "degenerate" is.

Not just the right wing. A lot of the pogroms against Asians committed have been in left wing cities.

I don't really think it was a good idea to name a virus from the country of origin. In the case of the Spanish flu, Spain was probably not even the country it originated from.
It wasn't. The Spanish Flu started either in China or the US, depending on who you want to believe. But everyone agrees it didn't start in Spain. Spain was just the only country honest enough to announce in the news that people were dying of the flu, while other countries suppressed the news.

Not just the right wing. A lot of the pogroms against Asians committed have been in left wing cities.

Indifference to this is indeed "bipartisan"

Like violence against any funny-looking "A-Rab" browns post 9/11

Every time I see “right wing dog whistle” pop up I have to wonder how this term became popular. That the “right” is composed of individuals who invent elaborate code seems at odds with the projected stereotype. While it’s true that espousing conservative values is a quick way to get fired in the corporate workplace and the need for maintaining political neutrality is akin to not advertising your Jewishness in early 1900s Germany, it seems more like an attempt to control the language. After all, everyone knows that the right = bad, so don’t say what they would say! I do seem to remember someone being “offended” at the term, claiming it is “racist”, but they were quickly flustered when reminded that China is a country, not a race.

Seeing as there has been no evidence outside of the current pandemic originating from China, we may have successfully attributed the name right for once. I don’t see how this general nomenclature for the pandemic would be particularly “right wing” unless you were suggesting that the “right wing” does not depart from reality in their observations.

I dare say, had the pandemic originated in the USA, the whole world would be letting us know and govt money’s would be printing non-stop to cover the losses incurred (like we don’t already send off billions lol).

• Okay...
where is the term "China virus" typically used. It's like calling blacks "the blacks" in the late 20th century (intending to tweak without using outright inflammatory language)

Obv China is the latest bogeyman threat and bulwark to America's cultural and economic hegemony, like Japan in the 80s and the Soviets thoughout the Cold War period

I work in retail, and it is bandied about the same as corona virus and “the ‘Rona”

We don't do that in my workplace because we have basic respect for other people

I mean we have to blast through like a million pages of anti-harassment training and had to write up a few techs over the years for such things

I work in retail, and it is bandied about the same as corona virus and “the ‘Rona”
jesus i'd hate to work where you work... you work in Mississippi or something

Every time I see “right wing dog whistle” pop up I have to wonder how this term became popular. That the “right” is composed of individuals who invent elaborate code seems at odds with the projected stereotype. While it’s true that espousing conservative values is a quick way to get fired in the corporate workplace and the need for maintaining political neutrality is akin to not advertising your Jewishness in early 1900s Germany, it seems more like an attempt to control the language. After all, everyone knows that the right = bad, so don’t say what they would say! I do seem to remember someone being “offended” at the term, claiming it is “racist”, but they were quickly flustered when reminded that China is a country, not a race.

Seeing as there has been no evidence outside of the current pandemic originating from China, we may have successfully attributed the name right for once. I don’t see how this general nomenclature for the pandemic would be particularly “right wing” unless you were suggesting that the “right wing” does not depart from reality in their observations.

I dare say, had the pandemic originated in the USA, the whole world would be letting us know and govt money’s would be printing non-stop to cover the losses incurred (like we don’t already send off billions lol).
You’re carrying a lot of assumptions and ignorance in your thought process:

The fearmongering approach and branding of Covid-19 by other juvenile names like Kung Flu and China Virus was for the purpose of deflecting attention off of the administration’s mishandling of the matter, and instead onto associated ethnic groups.

Going by your logic Kung Flu isn’t racist either because you can’t discriminate against a martial art, and anyone of any background can practice the sport.

It does not take much effort to play the blame game, especially when it’s certainly easier. Scapegoating and fearmongering are especially effective when targeting uneducated/poorly educated low-income individuals that lack critical thinking skills, and regress instead into bullying and preying on others to solve their problems. I am not surprised by an uneducated person being mislead, but am rather surprised that as an educated person yourself (you are a pharmacist yes?) you either lack the critical thinking skills or empathy (perhaps both?) to realize the ignorance of your viewpoint.

See now here is my thing, why is the above comment ok here?

This person is straight up attacking another poster.

Lacking critical thinking and empathy, ignorant, and pretty much calling them a racist.

But a person gets in trouble for calling students stupid for going to pharmacy school.

COVID-19 is the commonly utilized term for the last year (I went with SARS2 or SARS2.0 initially) so those who insist on using alternative terms will have their motives questioned. To argue that "China virus" is utilized as an apolitical statement of fact is disingenuous

Example: here's a right-wing pundit hiding behind "epidemiology" to insist on calling H1N1 2009 the "Mexican Flu" back then. "You have to call it Mexican! It came from Mexico!!!!!!!!11one"

HIV is not called the "gay virus" or "Congo virus" or "jungle virus" or "bushmeat virus" and I don't think anyone called MERS the Hajj virus

(inb4 many of my redacted/removed posts)

This person is straight up attacking another poster.

Lacking critical thinking and empathy, ignorant, and pretty much calling them a racist.

But a person gets in trouble for calling students stupid for going to pharmacy school.
Troll much?

Who said it was ok? It was posted at 3:30am. If you think it violates the TOS, did you report it?

I will point out that calling someone who is asking for help and guidance “stupid” goes against the very reason for SDN’s existence whereas calling someone who shares a political opinion stupid are not exactly the same.

Having said all that: Yes, users are reminded to please not use name calling and derogatory terms with each other. You can point out how a term like “China virus” is used without resorting to personal attacks.

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.