Favorite members who got banned

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mentos

Half full member
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would like to dedicate this thread in memory of the great members who have been filtered and censored from this board from telling prepharms the truth about pharmacy. The mods may have banned them but their legacies live on forever.

Who are your favorite members who got banned here?

Mine are:
-Pharmacy is a Scam
-Modestanteater
-Livingmybestlife
-harvoni_rituxan
-That "I'm reporting you to CVS legal dept!" Guy

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity" -Maximus Decimus Meridius

I've said this in another thread but it's worth mentioning again:

This forum is heavily filtered. Posts are deleted, edited, moved to the hidden forum and people who are honest get banned. If someone responds to a topic older than a year old then it will be closed for further discussion even if the topic is still relevant. If the mods deem the post off topic, they will close it but leave hundreds of others open. If the mods don't like a post, they'll close it or delete it. A small number of people control what are allowed to see just like in North Korea.

No other forum on the internet operates this way. Except for my local neighborhood Facebook group.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Okay...
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users
They were banned for speaking their minds? What happened to free speech?

Does not apply here. A few people control what we are allowed to see just like in North Korea.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I have been part of this forum for a really long time - just under different names as I got new computers and emails etc..

There was this poster back in 2010 or so that would get everyone worked up and pissed off with every post. Somewhat of the ultimate troll. I can’t remember her name other than to say she would give a materialistic point of view about everything that was so abrasive that it would get everyone all worked up into a tizzy.. she was banned somewhere around 2013 or so..

Anyways - she was, quite possibly, the largest **** stirrer I have ever seen in The pharmacy forums.

Owle - you were around then.. do you remember who I am talking about?

Reactions: 1 users
I have been part of this forum for a really long time - just under different names as I got new computers and emails etc..

There was this poster back in 2010 or so that would get everyone worked up and pissed off with every post. Somewhat of the ultimate troll. I can’t remember her name other than to say she would give a materialistic point of view about everything that was so abrasive that it would get everyone all worked up into a tizzy.. she was banned somewhere around 2013 or so..

Anyways - she was, quite possibly, the largest **** stirrer I have ever seen in The pharmacy forums.

That was your favorite member?

That was your favorite member?

I suppose it was my favorite banning experience that I witnessed. And it was the most impressive memory of someone who was banned.

My favorite member who was banned would have to be the CVS tattle gale guy.

She was my favorite member and should never have been banned. God forbid someone has a different point of view than the mods. She didn’t cuss and wasn’t being demeaning to anyone else. She was simply speaking her mind. This forum is turning into/ has already turned into CCP. It got even worse ever since that one guy that’s still a student became a mod.
We should hold an election every year for moderators! Lmao

Reactions: 6 users
It was early in my SDN life, but SDN1977 had the most helpful posts for me. I don’t know the story of why she stopped posting (I don’t want to reopen that, it seemed like a rough situation). It wasn’t a ban, though.

My favorite banned member is still SHC_1984. I kept in touch with her on Facebook for a while after, but I have no idea where she is now. I googled her and all I find is her old Wags intern info.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Reactions: 4 users
It was early in my SDN life, but SDN1977 had the most helpful posts for me. I don’t know the story of why she stopped posting (I don’t want to reopen that, it seemed like a rough situation). It wasn’t a ban, though.

My favorite banned member is still SHC_1984. I kept in touch with her on Facebook for a while after, but I have no idea where she is now. I googled her and all I find is her old Wags intern info.

She probably pulled a Carol Baskin.

For some reason that name brings back memories of a high maintenance Asian girl? Always talking about LV handbags and such. I feel like that's who that was... it has been a long time though.

She was my favorite member and should never have been banned. God forbid someone has a different point of view than the mods. She didn’t cuss and wasn’t being demeaning to anyone else. She was simply speaking her mind. This forum is turning into/ has already turned into CCP. It got even worse ever since that one guy that’s still a student became a mod.
We should hold an election every year for moderators! Lmao

I do find it ridiculous that a student is controlling what pharmacists are allowed to say here. They should at least be a pharmacist to be a mod. How can he relate to what we pharmacists have been through when he isn't one? Excellent point about this turning into CCP.

Last edited:
I would like to dedicate this thread in memory of the great members who have been filtered and censored from this board from telling prepharms the truth about pharmacy. The mods may have banned them but their legacies live on forever.

Who are your favorite members who got banned here?

Mine are:
-Pharmacy is a Scam
-Modestanteater
-Livingmybestlife
-harvoni_rituxan
-That "I'm reporting you to CVS legal dept!" Guy

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity" -Maximus Decimus Meridius

I've said this in another thread but it's worth mentioning again:

This forum is heavily filtered. Posts are deleted, edited, moved to the hidden forum and people who are honest get banned. If someone responds to a topic older than a year old then it will be closed for further discussion even if the topic is still relevant. If the mods deem the post off topic, they will close it but leave hundreds of others open. If the mods don't like a post, they'll close it or delete it. A small number of people control what are allowed to see just like in North Korea.

No other forum on the internet operates this way. Except for my local neighborhood Facebook group.
Even the tiniest amount of power corrupts.

Reactions: 3 users
CarolisAlpha. the ultimate investment thread troll of all time

Members don't see this ad :)
My vote is for Sosoo...sosoo was on a whole different level/higher dimension of bull**** when it came to expiration dates, conspiracy theories, and lawsuits. Other candidates: modest_anteater and random CVS corporate kool-aid guy/gal who went totally manic (can't recall his/her? username)

• Haha
My vote is for Sosoo...sosoo was on a whole different level/higher dimension of bull**** when it came to expiration dates, conspiracy theories, and lawsuits. Other candidates: modest_anteater and random CVS corporate kool-aid guy/gal who went totally manic (can't recall his/her? username)

the corporate pharmacist?

Reactions: 1 user
Carol is still here lurking on 15 different user names. Don't summon the beast!

pharmacy_sucks posted a ton of information about pursuing CS as an alternative degree. It's very likely they were the same person as harvoni_rituxan.

My vote goes to Pharmacy Is A Scam for his uniquely eloquent, experience-backed (at least based on the fact that I observed and/or was told much of what he stated here on the forums when I had my intern job) posts on the perils of choosing pharmacy as a career, as well as pharmacy_sucks for suggesting CS as an alternative career plan that doesn't take an excessive amount of time to execute post-pharmacy school. I had no idea that entry-level CS masters programs for people who have no CS/engineering background whatsoever existed until he posted about them.

the corporate pharmacist?
I don't believe so...corporate pharmacist lasted a lot longer if I am recalling correctly. This joker I'm thinking of went pretty volatile/manic/got overtly defensive when others started bashing corporate changes in retail....person went pretty ape-$h!t and lasted maybe a matter of a few days after a string of volatile posts and threats of reporting users to corporate for expressing their sentiments about the current state of work conditions

I definitely recall posting questioning his/her? mental state

That was Rxnupe

Here is a typical post from SHC_1984

• Haha
Can we start a thread about who should be banned? :D

• Haha
If someone responds to a topic older than a year old then it will be closed for further discussion even if the topic is still relevant.

Do you have an example of that happening in the pharmacy forum? That isn't how I train moderators but SDN is a large forum and maybe it happens in other areas. Or maybe it happens in pharmacy and I just don't notice.

I like the idea that SDN is the most heavily moderated platform on the internet. Its totally insane, but I like it lol

SHC is by far my favorite banned member. I miss her, she was very entertaining.

Definitely SHC and the original stock charts and gold poster in the investments forum (i think before Carol?)... posters who truly knew how to troll.

Man, this forum is so lame these days...

AH yes that is vintage SHC right there. Remember when she liked some boy in her class and she posted pictures of his girlfriend to complain about how ugly she is? Good times.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
AH yes that is vintage SHC right there. Remember when she liked some boy in her class and she posted pictures of his girlfriend to complain about how ugly she is? Good times.

She probably offend some fat moderator. It is the fat that is offensive.

• Haha
I do find it ridiculous that a student is controlling what pharmacists are allowed to say here. They should at least be a pharmacist to be a mod. How can he relate to what we pharmacists have been through when he isn't one? Excellent point about this turning into CCP.

We can easily take this show to reddit.

BTW, if I ever get banned, you can find me on reddit.

• Haha
Eh, the only moderator closing posts I recall seem pretty practical....way too specific stuff and or timely stuff (looking for roommates in college of pharmacy area), asking ways to study/study guides/approach to taking certain practicums, techs asking "how to get good" @ chain X, Y, Z that is really outdated, etc. those sorts of topics. Far from censorship

Moderators/Admins here have been great; Owle 4 Prezident LOL

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Yes - I was talking about SCH_1984. Now I remember her name.

That was Rxnupe

Yes, Rxnupe was who I was thinking of, thanks

Did not realize user was a member for so long, just went totally postal/ape$H!t over a matter of a few days. Hope he/she is right in the head/getting better since then

Yea - I would add that I never have had any problem with the mods (and trust me I get reprimanded often)... On my more “off days” I am the first to admit that I post some fairly off the wall ****. I suppose I am not perfect and they are not perfect either. In the end I don’t even think the subject of the mods is even worth having

They are fine... I barely even know they are here.

• Dislike
So this thread is basically vote of no confidence for owlegrad..

On a serious note, this forum is quite tolerant of trolls. I tried posting legitimate questions fours different times on reddit (non-pharmacy related), and each time either topic got merged with other thread or it wasn’t even posted. I gave up on posting on reddit. Go figure.

So this thread is basically vote of no confidence for owlegrad..

On a serious note, this forum is quite tolerant of trolls. I tried posting legitimate questions fours different times on reddit (non-pharmacy related), and each time either topic got merged with other thread or it wasn’t even posted. I gave up on posting on reddit. Go figure.

It is literally impossible to please people. Close one thread or ban one troll and we are worse than Korea, China, and Russia combined. Leave one thread or comment uncensored and SDN is “unbearable” or worse than 4chan (ok that’s a small exaggeration lol).

What I am saying is you people are the worst :p

• Haha
Reactions: 16 users
Paging PharmtoPA

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 7 users
But then how would we know how lucrative real estate is?

....but real estate investing is so immoral. How dare you make money off human needs?

So which mod banned SCH? I think I have a clue. She is no longer posting here.

• Haha
....but real estate investing is so immoral. How dare you make money off human needs?

So which mod banned SCH? I think I have a clue. She is no longer posting here.

First rule of fight club is not to talk about fight club. But it's not who you think it is. And SHC had actually racked up a lot of warnings and post holds from multiple moderators before we dropped the ban hammer. I do regret that we banned her though, I didn't realize at the time just how much entertainment she brought to the forum. I just wish she had reigned it in a little or found the line not to cross. Posters like Sparda seem to be able to find the right balance of controversial or hyperbolic statements without getting banned.

First rule of fight club is not to talk about fight club. But it's not who you think it is. And SHC had actually racked up a lot of warnings and post holds from multiple moderators before we dropped the ban hammer. I do regret that we banned her though, I didn't realize at the time just how much entertainment she brought to the forum. I just wish she had reigned it in a little or found the line not to cross. Posters like Sparda seem to be able to find the right balance of controversial or hyperbolic statements without getting banned.

What post got her banned? Some people take this too seriously. It is not like what she is saying is not on some people’s mind.

What post got her banned? Some people take this too seriously. It is not like what she is saying is not on some people’s mind.

It's been so long, who can remember? Anyway everyone always wants to point to the "straw that broke the camel's back" but in reality it's almost never like that. It is repeatedly making the same violations over and over and over. In her case I would guess it was making derogatory/inflammatory remarks. The people here who are saying she wasn't rude or whatever probably have some rose colored glasses on.

It's like students who claim that they failed a class due to one test. In reality they were almost certainly marginal to begin with and then all it took was more of the same perform to cause them to fail.

It's been so long, who can remember? Anyway everyone always wants to point to the "straw that broke the camel's back" but in reality it's almost never like that. It is repeatedly making the same violations over and over and over. In her case I would guess it was making derogatory/inflammatory remarks. The people here who are saying she wasn't rude or whatever probably have some rose colored glasses on.

It's like students who claim that they failed a class due to one test. In reality they were almost certainly marginal to begin with and then all it took was more of the same perform to cause them to fail.

I have also received multiple warnings from mods. There is nothing with being blunt. It is just her opinions after all.

That being said...if you are wrong then yes, people should know about it. Look at all of those people who kept on saying there is no pharmacy saturation. Obviously they got it wrong and a friendly disagreement is not going to do.

I have also received multiple warnings from mods. There is nothing with being blunt. It is just her opinions after all.

That being said...if you are wrong then yes, people should know about it. Look at all of those people who kept on saying there is no pharmacy saturation. Obviously they got it wrong and a friendly disagreement is not going to do.

And somehow you have managed to not get banned, so obviously it is possible to be blunt and not get banned. It's almost like being blunt isn't the problem.

• Haha
And somehow you have managed to not get banned, so obviously it is possible to be blunt and not get banned. It's almost like being blunt isn't the problem.

I didn’t say mean things to fatty. That is crossing the line. So what if she likes guys with money and she wants to be taken care of?

I didn’t say mean things to fatty. That is crossing the line. So what if she likes guys with money and she wants to be taken care of?

Yeah, calling people fatty is crossing the line. And yeah, no one cares that she wants guys with money and wants to be taken care of.

I enjoyed when she went on about how she would only marry someone younger than her because of how the quality of semen decreases with age.

• Haha
Yeah, calling people fatty is crossing the line. And yeah, no one cares that she wants guys with money and wants to be taken care of.

I used to work with a fat tech who happens to be an environmentalist. I was like, “how can you be an environmentalist when you consumed more energy than anyone else”.

Obesity is a huge problem but people expect you not to say anything so their feelings won’t get hurt. They can continue to consume and get bigger and bigger.

• Wow
  • Okay...
  • Hmm

Fake news!
She never outright called anyone a fatty. What are you now? Kim Jong Owle?

I used to work with a fat tech who happens to be an environmentalist. I was like, “how can you be an environmentalist when you consumed more energy than anyone else”.

Obesity is a huge problem but people expect you not to say anything so their feelings won’t get hurt. They can continue to consume and get bigger and bigger.

I am glad you are brave enough to stand up to people who are overweight. Where do you find the courage?

Status
Not open for further replies.