Favorite Hindi Movies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharm28

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

What are your favorite hindi movies? Mine are Beta (starring Anil Kapoor and Madhuri Dixit), Bewafaa (starring Akshay Kumar, Anil Kapoor and Kareena Kapoor), and Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham.

Members don't see this ad.

pharm28 said:
Hi Everyone!

What are your favorite hindi movies? Mine are Beta (starring Anil Kapoor and Madhuri Dixit), Bewafaa (starring Akshay Kumar, Anil Kapoor and Kareena Kapoor), and Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham.
lagaan

well,,I am fan of all hindi movies ..BUt,to mention a few..
Sholay :eek:
Dilwale Dulhania le Jayenge :love:
Maine Pyar kiya :love:
Lagaan :) ................................................ :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Mirch masala....to me was just amazing...but lagaan was the best..end of story..>BOOOYAH.

Lagaan, Saathiya, DDLJ, Munnabhai MBBS, Devdas.

Maine Pyaar Kiya
Hum Aapke Hain Kaun
Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge
Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
Pyaar Kiya To Darna Kya
Gupt
Chal Mere Bhai (I pretty much :love: all salman flicks)
Hum Ho Gaye Aapke

etc....too many eh?

so, u like the khan trio!big-b is in the list too!
desikudi said:
well,,I am fan of all hindi movies ..BUt,to mention a few..
Sholay :eek:
Dilwale Dulhania le Jayenge :love:
Maine Pyar kiya :love:
Lagaan :) ................................................ :D

i'm a great indian movie-buff!i saw almost each & every hindi movie released till date!but nowthese days, itz a pity that bollywood has lost the midas touch to make quality movies!let me know of any hindi movie which can be of any international standards!well apart from lagaan,of course!dancing behind the trees,rain scenes,dishoom-dishoom fighting;without all these,how can u even expect to make a "quality" hindi movie! :laugh:

well, i do have a few personal likings, to name a few:
lagaan
padosan
chupke-chupke
black
munnabhai-mbbs(i know, some people wont agree,but i like it!!!)
i will add to the list as soon i remember a few more......! :laugh:
prady said:
i'm a great indian movie-buff!i saw almost each & every hindi movie released till date!but nowthese days, itz a pity that bollywood has lost the midas touch to make quality movies!let me know of any hindi movie which can be of any international standards!well apart from lagaan,of course!dancing behind the trees,rain scenes,dishoom-dishoom fighting;without all these,how can u even expect to make a "quality" hindi movie! :laugh:

prady said:
well, i do have a few personal likings, to name a few:
lagaan
padosan
chupke-chupke
black
munnabhai-mbbs(i know, some people wont agree,but i like it!!!)
i will add to the list as soon i remember a few more......! :laugh:
aaaaaaaaah
i heard black was amazing...i got to go see that movie.

i personally like sallu-miya,not as an actor though!but lately he is really doing a good job!a few movies which can boast success in the box-office-tere naam,shaadi karke phas gaya yaar!
i just love my rani! :love: :love: :love: :love:

Members don't see this ad :)
data said:
aaaaaaaaah
i heard black was amazing...i got to go see that movie.
Grt movie :thumbup:

prady said:
so, u like the khan trio!big-b is in the list too!

Yeah..I like all the 3 Khans...actually all the 6 khanssss....but I am more inclined towards Salman and then Shahrukh.. ;)

prady said:
yes, dude!watch that movie!u wont regret it!mark my words! ;)
can you give me a quick summary?

prady said:

The Rising based on 1857 struggle for Independence Main actor - Amir Khan as Mangal Pandey

itz more or less a helen keller story!itz about a blind,deaf& dumb girl,played by rani& her teacher,played by big b!rest u gotta see,dude!if i tell u ,movie ka mazza nahi rahega! ;) samjhe bandhu?
data said:
can you give me a quick summary?

salman...,to some extent ,yes!but not that kkkkkkk.....kiran chimpanzee *****! :laugh: sorry, no offense!
desikudi said:
Yeah..I like all the 3 Khans...actually all the 6 khanssss....but I am more inclined towards Salman and then Shahrukh.. ;)

prady said:
:laugh: :laugh: kyun ji?koi baada gaal hai kya? :laugh:
Sorry,,but I am not exactly getting u....... "koi baada gaal hai kya?" ??????
whats "baada gaal"??

prady said:
salman...,to some extent ,yes!but not that kkkkkkk.....kiran chimpanzee *****! :laugh: sorry, no offense!
kkkkkk...................kiran :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

prady said:
baat,gaal means baat in punjabi!samjhe ji? ;)
ooh ok..got ya...I didnt exactly took it in punjabi sense.I thought 'gaal"..like "gal"...Sorry Ji. ;)
Aur rahi baat ,tumhari "rani" ki,,,,Badi baat to hai..KYun nahi hai????
:laugh: :laugh: ...just joking.

:laugh: cool! :thumbup:
desikudi said:
ooh ok..got ya...I didnt exactly took it in punjabi sense.I thought 'gaal"..like "gal"...Sorry Ji. ;)

aap kya ho?means which part of india u r from? :)
desikudi said:

prady said:
aap kya ho?means which part of india u r from? :)
i am from East :thumbup: ...which doesnt seem from my SDN name :p

prady said:
woh to pata hai ji,lekin india mein kaha se hai aap? :laugh:
Pata hai.???Tumhe kasie maloom ki mein East se hoon?? ;)
I am from orissa :)

desikudi said:
I've been to Orissa. Isn't that where the Jagganath Temple is? We stayed at the Hotel Puri, best hotel there was on that beach. I still remember their orange/mango drink. That was the first tiem I actually set foot into the Indian Ocean (Bay of Bengal).

Big ups to the Oriya!! :D

sunny123 said:
I've been to Orissa. Isn't that where the Jagganath Temple is? We stayed at the Hotel Puri, best hotel there was on that beach. I still remember their orange/mango drink. That was the first tiem I actually set foot into the Indian Ocean (Bay of Bengal).

Yup,,,Lord Jaganath temple is in Puri,Orissa.Its a huge temple. :thumbup: Did u like the place??I used to go there aleast once a year,when I was in Orissa.I love the sea beach.. :love: :love: ,,but the only thing that I used to be scared of in Puri,were the monkeys :eek: ,,although they never used to do any harm. ;)

desikudi said:
Yup,,,Lord Jaganath temple is in Puri,Orissa.Its a huge temple. :thumbup: Did u like the place??I used to go there aleast once a year,when I was in Orissa.I love the sea beach.. :love: :love: ,,but the only thing that I used to be scared of in Puri,were the monkeys :eek: ,,although they never used to do any harm. ;)
Of course I loved it! The one place in India where I actually enjoyed myself (mind you, I haven't seen much of India). I enjoyed just sitting outside of the hotel and catching the ocean breeze. The monkeys I never had a problem with, they did grab my aunty's sari for some food (she was carrying something in her hands, I forget what it was).

Was there something at the end of the beach called swarger-dar (I think the translation was doorway to heaven)? My dad was saying how it was all the way at the end of the beach. We never walked all the way to that part, only up to the market area (that is where I bought my Ganesh statue). I had a great time there.

sunny123 said:
Of course I loved it! The one place in India where I actually enjoyed myself (mind you, I haven't seen much of India). I enjoyed just sitting outside of the hotel and catching the ocean breeze. The monkeys I never had a problem with, they did grab my aunty's sari for some food (she was carrying something in her hands, I forget what it was).

Was there something at the end of the beach called swarger-dar (I think the translation was doorway to heaven)? My dad was saying how it was all the way at the end of the beach. We never walked all the way to that part, only up to the market area (that is where I bought my Ganesh statue). I had a great time there.
Thats grt,,that u had fun :thumbup:
Yeah,,swargadwar,,doorway to heaven.Its actually a cremation ground.............According to Hindu religion,they say that if someone gets cremated here,then,,they go to heaven.I have heard a lot about it, but never been there(u know,,girls hardly allowed to go to a cremation ground....)

aapnar bhalo naam ki?aapni cuttack theke naa bhuvaneshwar theke?ekhane kishe undergrad. kora hoi?
desikudi said:

i had been to puri 7 times!my dad's favourite sea-beach!infact, i like the color of the sand!itz golden -yellow!u'll never find anywhere such color!
sunny123 said:

:laugh: :laugh:
but the only thing that I used to be scared of in Puri,were the monkeys :eek: ,,although they never used to do any harm. ;)[/QUOTE]

btw,sunny!itz puri hotel,not hotel puri!itz a famous hotel,but it sucks!we used to stay in sandy village!itz b-e-a-u-tiful!
sunny123 said:

prady said:
oh.... aapni oriya?kemon acho?bhalo to?aapni janen ki aami kotha theke? :laugh:
yup...ami ORIYA may............Aamar bhalo ache...tumi kamon ache??naa....aamar janina where r u from,,Bengali chele... :laugh: :laugh:
Sorry ..if my bengali is toota-phuta ;) .........its been long time..i have spoke bengali :oops:

prady said:
aapnar bhalo naam ki?aapni cuttack theke naa bhuvaneshwar theke?ekhane kishe undergrad. kora hoi?
Aamar bhalo naam..???SECRET :p :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I am from Cuttack.............haan doing my undergrad.....hoping to go to medical school. :)

i like mocking hindi movies does that count ?

Boinger said:
i like mocking hindi movies does that count ?

there are so many hindi movies that are worth mocking only b/c they're not worth watching. :laugh: but the few that are good, i've listed on the first page or so of this thread. even my dad makes fun of them!! :rolleyes:

hinidi movies way to melodramatic for me.... and generally they stretch em too long... for example in kal ho na ho sharkh khan needed to die way earlier like on the dance floor after a while it just gets boring =P like kill people quicker in these movies... dont need to sit there for 4 hours =p

Boinger said:
hinidi movies way to melodramatic for me.... and generally they stretch em too long... for example in kal ho na ho sharkh khan needed to die way earlier like on the dance floor after a while it just gets boring =P like kill people quicker in these movies... dont need to sit there for 4 hours =p
Kal ho na ho = piece of gobor... end of story.

prady said:
btw,sunny!itz puri hotel,not hotel puri!itz a famous hotel,but it sucks!we used to stay in sandy village!itz b-e-a-u-tiful!
Prady, that hotel was a life-saver compared to the previous dump we were staying at (all thanks to my "smart" aunty who thought she found a bargain place). The place she found for us had cockroaches in the bathroom, and when you turned the lights off, those bad boys came flying about. We high-tailed it outta there at the end of the evening, and the Hotel Puri was the next best thing (we weren't gonna get a taxi/ricksha to carry our things that late at night). But anyways, I enjoyed it there.

sunny123 said:
Prady, that hotel was a life-saver compared to the previous dump we were staying at (all thanks to my "smart" aunty who thought she found a bargain place). The place she found for us had cockroaches in the bathroom, and when you turned the lights off, those bad boys came flying about. We high-tailed it outta there at the end of the evening, and the Hotel Puri was the next best thing (we weren't gonna get a taxi/ricksha to carry our things that late at night). But anyways, I enjoyed it there.
There are two types of roaches found in north america

desikudi said:
yup...ami ORIYA may............Aamar bhalo ache...tumi kamon ache??naa....aamar janina where r u from,,Bengali chele... :laugh: :laugh:
Sorry ..if my bengali is toota-phuta ;) .........its been long time..i have spoke bengali :oops:
You speak Bengali when I was a little kid, its soo nice to hear that again :D .

I think I understood some Oriya when I heard it one the tv.... very similar to Bengali, right?

My favs:

Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
Kuch Naa Kaho
KAbhi Khushi Kabhie Gham
Munnabhai MBBS (i also think it's a great movie! every premed should see this!)
Veer-Zaara

Oh and i agree with SRK needing to have died on the dance floor in kal ho no ho. That's what I THOUGHT was gonna happen!

chicamedica said:
My favs:

Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
Kuch Naa Kaho
KAbhi Khushi Kabhie Gham
Munnabhai MBBS (i also think it's a great movie! every premed should see this!)
Veer-Zaara
Did you know that Sunil Dutt (Sanjay Dutt's father, who actually played Munna Bhai's father in the movie) recently passed away?