fall 2008 acceptance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those who have been accepted into BU, when did you hear from the school, and when did you submit your application?

Members don't see this ad.

I completed my application in late october (well, that's when sophas sent it off...) and I heard from BU in late december

Okay, this might be the dumbest question ever asked on this forum but where does it say on the darn wolverine access thing when you get accepted?!!!! I've been going crazy checking 5 times a day and each time I wonder where they would mention if you are accepted! There is an application status,credentials and whatnot but where does the frickin decision reflect? :mad:

When I was accepted there was an additional link added that said "view decision." Once you click on the link you are directed to a page where you are given a web address to copy and paste into address bar - this then takes you to a welcome video saying you have been accepted to the U of Michigan SPH. There is also a button you can press to respond to the offer of acceptance if you are ready to make your decision to attend their school. Hope this helps you.

Members don't see this ad :)
When I was accepted there was an additional link added that said "view decision." Once you click on the link you are directed to a page where you are given a web address to copy and paste into address bar - this then takes you to a welcome video saying you have been accepted to the U of Michigan SPH. There is also a button you can press to respond to the offer of acceptance if you are ready to make your decision to attend their school. Hope this helps you.

It so does! Thanks a ton! I can finally stop fretting! lol. What are you going to be studying at Michigan SPH?

I notice alot of people qualifying themselves by GRE and GPA. I am not on any admissions committee but I suspect GRE matters very little to these programs. I think the letter of intent, GPA / institution from, and CV. I bet most universities just use a cut off to evaluate GRE scores.

I wonder if recommendations are a big deal?

I have completed a masters and am applying to doctorate public health programs right now so my reject/acceptances might not offer much to this forum.

Anyone else applying for PhD's?

and has anyone heard anything from Harvard? Someone mentioned they had already informed certain degrees of a wait list?

take care guys, good luck!

I'm applying to PhD programs too - so would be very interested to hear where you have heard from. I'm applying to PhD Epi programs.

Accepted: UW-Seattle, Johns Hopkins
Rejected:
Waiting: Emory, Ohio State, Univ. of Arizona

I can assume I'm rejected from Emory - but haven't received official notice.

I heard from U wash - Seattle , accepted to the MPH epi program - still waiting on UNC and harvard (ms Epi)

Congrats! Did you hear from U Wash today?Was it through email or letter? I haven't received anything from them. Were you able to check your application at some point? Also when was your application complete?
I am still waiting to hear from all the schools you mentioned.

Just found out I got accepted into UNC's MHA program today!! I'm still waiting on UMich to get back to me about their MHSA (they said it should be sometime this week). I have an interview at UMinn in three weeks for their MHA program as well....I have know idea how I'm going to make a decision on a school. Does anyone have some suggestions on how to make such a tough decision? I was thinking about contructing a decision matrix type thing with weighted critieria and ranking the schools for each criteria (i.e. tuition cost, reputation, location, etc...)

Just found out I got accepted into UNC's MHA program today!! I'm still waiting on UMich to get back to me about their MHSA (they said it should be sometime this week). I have an interview at UMinn in three weeks for their MHA program as well....I have know idea how I'm going to make a decision on a school. Does anyone have some suggestions on how to make such a tough decision? I was thinking about contructing a decision matrix type thing with weighted critieria and ranking the schools for each criteria (i.e. tuition cost, reputation, location, etc...)

Congratulations! I was also accepted into the MHA program. I didn't apply to UMinn or Mich, because I didn't want to stay in the Midwest. I have friends who went to both schools for undergraduate and transferred to my school, because they disliked their respective schools.

For me, I think it'll come down to the vibe I get from the school, how much I'll have to pay (with consideration of merit scholarships and fin aid), and the location. I'm leaning towards UNC right now, and if I get one of their campus-wide scholarships, I'll most likely go, especially if I have to pay 70K+ for tuition alone at other schools.

With the MHA, I really liked the way the faculty supported the students' search for internships and jobs. It seems like everyone I met had a good job or fellowship lined up for after graduation.

Everybody is talking about acceptace, sounds like no body is rejected by any school this year? Well, expect me!!
I got the rejection from Univ of Minneasota, and admission from pitt, waiting for the others. hope you all good luck.

I am getting super restless, I have only heard from two of the eight to which I applied. Granted I haven't received any rejections, but I would like to know more about where I might be going.

Accepted: Emory and OSU
Awaiting: BU, Tulane, Harvard, Columbia, Berkeley, USC

:confused:

I feel you! I am at one of six.

Accepted: Emory
Waiting: Columbia, University of Minnesota, BU, George Washington, Tulane

Hopefully we all find out more soon. I want to book some plane tickets for visits, ASAP.

i have only heard back from Emory so far adn waiting on Columbia, BU, Harvard, GWU, Tulane and Miami

Members don't see this ad :)
wow GWU gave me their decision within 2 wks and Tulane within a month..Emory took the longest besides Columbia which is definitely taking alot longer

that's crazy.. Emory was the fastest for me- I got my decision in 2 weeks (from when they said my app was complete)!
weird

Everybody is talking about acceptace, sounds like no body is rejected by any school this year? Well, expect me!!
I got the rejection from Univ of Minneasota, and admission from pitt, waiting for the others. hope you all good luck.

haha, that'd be nice if no one on this forum got rejected anywhere. i think there has been a few notifications of rejections actually.

i haven't received any rejections yet (knock on wood), but i'm also still waiting on several schools.

they're probably just bombarded with the numerous administrative tasks, and you know how communication between various departments is... horrible and a mess.

good luck to all!

p.s. gwu and emory were both very quick for me, both definitely under a one month wait. gwu was actually my first acceptance.

Well,I had an interview with Minnesota and it took them less than ten days to send me an acceptance ! I got my written acceptance letter today and I'm an international applicant- I thought this was crazy quick!

Accepted: Yale
Waiting: Harvard, Hopkins, Columbia, Brown, BU

I still haven't heard from ANY schools yet. I applied to UC Berkeley, UCLA, USC, & SDSU. Though, USC said they'll have a decision on 2-3 weeks, but that was 3 & 1/2 weeks ago. Are most of you waiting for decisions from California too??

plutol,

did you receive something in the mail from Brown?

Accepted: Tulane, GWU, Emory, UNC, UMDNJ, Drexel, Minnesota, Michigan, Boston University
Waiting: Harvard, Columbia, Hopkins, Yale, Ohio State
Rejected:

Columbia, Harvard, and Hopkins are supposed to be sending decisions out by the end of the month.

Just got acceptance email from Umich! Soooooo I'm think I'm just going to cancel my Uminn interview and try to decide b/w UNC's MHA and UMich MHSA program. I think I'm leaning towards Umich b/c of alumni networks, national reputation, and the larger class size.

Accepted: Tulane, GWU, Emory, UNC, UMDNJ, Drexel, Minnesota, Michigan, Boston University
Waiting: Harvard, Columbia, Hopkins, Yale, Ohio State
Rejected:

Columbia, Harvard, and Hopkins are supposed to be sending decisions out by the end of the month.

Hey Medfaljay, why did you apply to thirteen schools? Is that like your lucky number??? that has to get expen$ive. Just curious.

I still haven't heard from ANY schools yet. I applied to UC Berkeley, UCLA, USC, & SDSU. Though, USC said they'll have a decision on 2-3 weeks, but that was 3 & 1/2 weeks ago. Are most of you waiting for decisions from California too??

i don't think many, if any, have heard from california schools. i haven't at least.

Hey Medfaljay, why did you apply to thirteen schools? Is that like your lucky number??? that has to get expen$ive. Just curious.

Haha No, it's not my lucky number. I actually applied to 14. To be honest, I was just confused and I wanted to have many options. I figured if I apply to more schools I'll increase my chances of getting scholarhips. And bingo, UNC gave me a full tuition scholarhip with stipend!!! So I guess it paid off at the end.

Accepted at UMich MHSA yayyyy!

Although, I'm in a big fix now. I have to decide between Minnesota and Michigan and am leaning towards Michigan..I think the Minnesota MHA program is excellent and very very well structured. Michigan has an amazing reputation and I hvae been offered a scholarship already! :confused:

Accepted at UMich MHSA yayyyy!

Although, I'm in a big fix now. I have to decide between Minnesota and Michigan and am leaning towards Michigan..I think the Minnesota MHA program is excellent and very very well structured. Michigan has an amazing reputation and I hvae been offered a scholarship already! :confused:

congrats on the acceptance (and umich scholarship)!! i would just take the scholarship and run haha.. assuming you're deciding between these two alone.. the weather is not much different, and i don't think the area is much different in general. go with your gut feeling, which i believe is pointing you towards umich.

congrats on the acceptance (and umich scholarship)!! i would just take the scholarship and run haha.. assuming you're deciding between these two alone.. the weather is not much different, and i don't think the area is much different in general. go with your gut feeling, which i believe is pointing you towards umich.

heh, it kinda is, although the scholarship is the biggest attraction! I applied to these schools on priority and the others on practically on the day of the deadlines. So while I've been accepted at these, all other places are still reviewing my applications! lol. Anyway, my concentration everywhere is health policy and management everywhere and michigan and minnesota are both really good for the MHA program. I dont care about the weather cuz I really dont know better. And I really dont know what other grounds to decide on.help!!

Haha No, it's not my lucky number. I actually applied to 14. To be honest, I was just confused and I wanted to have many options. I figured if I apply to more schools I'll increase my chances of getting scholarhips. And bingo, UNC gave me a full tuition scholarhip with stipend!!! So I guess it paid off at the end.

i had the same mentality, although i've yet to receive a full ride!! but i definitely spent about $1500 on application material including ordering transcripts and test scores etc.

ahhh so expensive!!! it sucks that you have to pay so much to apply adn then are basically in debt for goign to school

i know!! i applied to so many schools cuz i didnt think id get in anywhere and so far ive been admitted to every school ive applied to..i wish i had more faith in myself so i couldve saved myself a few hundred bucks

it just makes no sense to me why these schools charge so much money. most PH'ers are looking to dedicate their lives to service, and helping others. It just seems incongruent to sucker punch them like that.

it just makes no sense to me why these schools charge so much money. most PH'ers are looking to dedicate their lives to service, and helping others. It just seems incongruent to sucker punch them like that.

Not to mention that, but then some schools have secondary applications with fees on top of that. Some of these didn't even have any additional information that wasn't already listed on SOPHAS.

Accepted: UNC, VCU's MHA programs
Waitlisted: Emory

Hey guys.. GREATEST DAY EVARRR!! I got into MICHIGAN for Health Management and Policy!! That's the #1 program for HMP in the country! WOOO HOOO!! :D I've pretty much made up my mind I'm going there!

i don't think many, if any, have heard from california schools. i haven't at least.

Waiting as well.. but I applied to community health (or whatever name it goes by for each school).

I know one person who got rejected from UCLA epid.

Waiting: UCLA, Berkeley, BU (applied right before deadline), Drexel (applied two weeks ago, more out of anxiety than that their program has specific resources for my interest-LGBTQ health).

Congrats to those who know what they're doing next year! I am jealous :)

Accepted: Emory, Columbia (just today)
Waiting: Tulane, BU, GWU, Minnesota

I got into my top two. Yessss!

As always, good luck to everyone in hearing back and making the big decision!

i had the same mentality, although i've yet to receive a full ride!! but i definitely spent about $1500 on application material including ordering transcripts and test scores etc.

wow. i was originally going to apply to around 8 eight schools but in the end i narrowed it down to the three i most liked. besides app expense (which i could not afford), i knew that if i applied to many schools then i'd have a hard time making a decision if I were admitted to all/most of them. as it is, it will still be hard for me to choose and i pray i'll make a good decision at the end of the day

Hi all,

I've been checking out the forum every so often, and have really appreciated everyone's updates. So I wanted to continue the trend! I had my SOPHAS completed in early December. My application to Yale was completed January 9th. I got the admit yesterday, February 19th. The letter was dated February 8th. So about a one month turnaround.

Good luck all!

when was your application complete with Columbia, nextfallmph???

when was your application complete with Columbia, nextfallmph???

January 23rd. I was accepted to the Population and Family Health MPH Program.

I am guessing that different programs might be processing the apps at different rates...? Like everyone else, they sent me an email that lead to the apply yourself website. I would just keep on checking email! Hope you hear soon, publichealthfan.

Nextfall, do you know how you'll choose between Emory and Columbia? Strictly by financial aid?

Accepted: Emory, Columbia, Dartmouth
Waiting: A boatload more.

Did anyone hear from the Sociomedical Department - Health Promotion at Columbia???
I haven't received any email about my decision.

Nextfall, do you know how you'll choose between Emory and Columbia? Strictly by financial aid?

Accepted: Emory, Columbia, Dartmouth
Waiting: A boatload more.

Hey tiredbird. It is going to be a difficult decision for me to choose between Emory and Columbia. I am visiting both in March, to get a better idea of what they are each like. The pieces of info I need before I send my deposit are:

- Who is going to give me financial aid and what is the final cost?
- Which school will get me the type of jobs/internships that I want in the future?
- Would I enjoy living on or near the campus?
- What is my gut saying?

They both seem like great programs to me and I have a feeling that once I choose one, I won't regret it. Still, I am planning on waiting until I know a lot more before making the choice! I am guessing I will be one of those people who decides close to the day that the deposit is due.

What are you thinking, tiredbird and everyone else? I am going to "double post" this in the Emory or Columbia thread to try to get some talking started there.

Rejected: UCLA 2/21
Waiting: USC, SDSU, UC Berkeley
MPH: Epi