fall 2008 acceptance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi,

Sorry, this may seem stupid but what is it with everyone saying they are worried about posting their stats?

I mean maybe there is a legitimate reason, but even if admissions committees spent their time looking at this website (which I hope they don't because they should be spending that time reviewing our applications), how would that affect your chances at acceptance??

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

Sorry, this may seem stupid but what is it with everyone saying they are worried about posting their stats?

I mean maybe there is a legitimate reason, but even if admissions committees spent their time looking at this website (which I hope they don't because they should be spending that time reviewing our applications), how would that affect your chances at acceptance??

I don't think this sounds stupid at all. I concur! I highly doubt adm. committees are checking this site out, etc. Post your stats, no one can steal your stats and claim it as their own, ya know.

Hi,

I think someone who posted earlier on this forum (who had posted their stats, but then took them down) thought that a lurker on the board had called some admissions committees and provided those (the poster's) stats but no name, and then was rude to the admissions person in an attempt to hurt the poster's chances. So, there is the potential that someone could use your stats to impersonate you. I don't know how much you need to worry about this, but I am definitely waiting to post my stats until I've received my acceptances or rejections.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm planning to take GRE by mid-march. Can I apply that time for session starting in september and will I be able to make it....i mean I have seen here many people have already got their offers....
is there any other wayout.....
Thanks

some schools have rolling admissions or later deadlines. just check to see which schools will still have spots by that time. also, complete the applications before you take the gres so that all that the schools would be waiting for is your gre score.

schools with later deadlines or rolling admissions include gwu and drexel. i think you'd be able to get into a school for next fall as long as you have a good application.

I got acceptance from Emory, Drexal, Albany.
Still waiting for bigger shots.
I am an foreign Md student.

Hey everyone,

I am semi-new to SDN (I just found out that public health was included on the site!).. I was wondering if anyone has applied for a PhD in international health at JHU? If so, have you heard anything? I would also be interested in hearing the outcomes of those who have applied to the Sociomedical Sciences (PhD) program at Columbia. I submitted my app. back in November and according to their tracking website, they still haven't received my transcripts (I even had them resent!!!).

So far I have been accepted to Drexel, GWU, Tulane, wait-listed at Emory (mostly all for global/international health), and I have an interview lined up at U. Washington (for a program called pathobiology - still PH dept, though).

thanks!

Heard from Yale today. Anyone else get a decision?

when was your application to yale submitted? did they accept you? which department? do you also have to interview like other people mentioned?

I think I may have just been accepted at Tulane.

I got an email saying that on behalf of the Dean, I have been awarded a grant and if I have decided to attend there to contact them to hold onto the grant. Thats the first I have heard from them.

one week turnaround (submitted 22 Jan)..accepted Dartmouth

Yeah - Dartmouth is incredibly fast. Received my acceptance less than two weeks after applying.

Dartmouth is probably trying to get their decisions out quickly now since deposits for the new class are due in a month. Best of luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, I can relax now because I have at least one acceptance. Notified today of acceptance into biomed sci mph at Albany. Just waiting on USC-Columbia and Yale. :)

@ wearepsu

congrats on ur admission
Pls i'd like to know wat ur GRE scores were cus am interested in Hopkins MHS..i'd like to have an idea of the scores they have in mind
Thanks

Hello there ! Im an international student , got an acceptance to Hopkins (MPH) , was wondering if there are anymore like me here? Ive also applied to Harvard ages ago and still am yet to hear from them, has anyone received decisions from them yet ?

accepted to yale today.
received package without email notice.

Yale didn't interview me, so I'm assuming its only for certain concentrations (e.g. health management)?

I would also be interested in hearing the outcomes of those who have applied to the Sociomedical Sciences (PhD) program at Columbia. I submitted my app. back in November and according to their tracking website, they still haven't received my transcripts (I even had them resent!!!).

I applied to the DrPH program in SMS at Columbia, and I'd like to know when people start hearing back from Columbia as well. I asked the Admissions office what the timeline for doctoral applicants was, and they said they weren't sure - it seems the disclaimer about decisions being made 8 weeks past the Feb 1st deadline only applies to MPH applicants.

plutol, could you tell us when your application was marked as complete? i'd like to know when i could expect to get a decision letter.

accepted to hopkins MPH program today.

plutol, could you tell us when your application was marked as complete? i'd like to know when i could expect to get a decision letter.

I received their email telling me my application is complete on Novermber 28.
And they sent their package on Jan 25.

thanks for the response. that means my decision letter is going to take a while....

Accepted to Emory today and I submitted my application on 1/4/08. Got into the Global Health Program but I am waiting to hear from other schools before making a decision....

did you submit your applciation to SOPHAS on 1/4 or was it complete with Emory on that date?

Thanks and congrats!

I submitted to SOPHAS on 1/2 and they mailed it on 1/4. I just found out today when I got a FedEx sent to my house. I didn't get an email or anything though.

HOW in the world did SOPHAS process it that fast?
I submitted to SOPHAS on 1/3 and they JUST mailed mine out last week

I dunno what happened...the first two I submitted took forever to be sent (like a month) but after that the other three that I submitted only took a couple of days each. I submitted my last one today and am super dooper happy to be done!!

SOPHAS processes your application (calculates GPA, etc) as soon as you submit one app. That's what takes awhile. Any additional apps that you submit after that are processed in a day or two since all they have to do is print it and mail it.

I applied to USC columbia and got an email saying my application was forwarded to admissions, but i clearly applied to the MPH program and all the other schools I applied to through SOPHAS got my MPH apps, but it said it was being sent to the PhD committee..did this happen to anyone else??

I definitely wont be going there if i do get in..but was just curious if anyone elses emails said USC PhD instead of MPH

Got accepted to GW, NYMC and Emory.
Waiting for Yale, BU and JHU internet based.

For those that have been accepted to Emory, did any of your applications go out in the January 23rd mailing or after?

For those that have been accepted to Emory, did any of your applications go out in the January 23rd mailing or after?

accepted into Drexel, UNT, USC-Columbia , and now Emory

My complete app for Emory was received Jan 8th, 2008. they said they would take about 3-6 weeks, + or -

when did you hear from columbia?

i meant usc- columbia. my bad-- not ny columbia. still waiting to hear from them.

haha okay..i know alot of people in these forums are anxious for columbia

Has anyone heard from Michigan?

Hi Everyone! Congrats to everyone that's been accepted so far and GL!

So, I've been accepted to Emory, Drexel, and UNT, so far.

I'm still waiting to hear back from Yale and BU and a few more. But I think it comes down to Emory or Yale for me and possibly Boston; just cause that city is awesome! I know- I should probably base it on something better than just a nice city, ha! :laugh:

Those of you that are going to Emory-- are you guys going to the student orientation in March?

kidpebble, when did you submit your application to UCB? and how did you find out (mail, email, etc). thanks, and congrats!

I was accepted to Michigan's MS program in biostat today!

I was accepted to BU's International health.

two468, when did you apply to BU?? How long did the turnaround on your application take?

two468, when did you apply to BU?? How long did the turnaround on your application take?

Hi. BU got my complete application Dec 4th and said it would take 6 to 8 weeks to hear of a decision by mail. It took close to 10 weeks, and I'm guessing that's because of the holidays. Hope that helps. Good luck!

just got my acceptance from the UAB epi program

Has anyone heard from Columbia yet? It seems they are the last program to send out decisions....are there any other schools from which people are still awaiting decisions?

I am still waiting on hearing back from all of my schools, including Columbia! :eek: I'm starting to regret waiting to apply until close to the deadlines.

Anyone else out there who hasn't heard a decision from any of their programs yet?