EVMS accepted. Should I go interview for MCW for waitlist position?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

doctorrr

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I already got an acceptance at EVMS. I just got an invitation for an interview for a waitlist position at MCW. Should i go? The only reason is that EVMS is 53k, and MCW is a lot cheaper 40k...I really love EVMS, love the technology in their new building although it has not opened yet and all I know is from the speech the director told us. From the pics of MCW, the school might not have as strong buildings as EVMS. but of course its cheaper (again) and ranking is okay (top 51) instead of evms has no ranking. Please give me advice.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys,
I already got an acceptance at EVMS. I just got an invitation for an interview for a waitlist position at MCW. Should i go? The only reason is that EVMS is 53k, and MCW is a lot cheaper 40k...I really love EVMS, love the technology in their new building although it has not opened yet and all I know is from the speech the director told us. From the pics of MCW, the school might not have as strong buildings as EVMS. but of course its cheaper (again) and ranking is okay (top 51) instead of evms has no ranking. Please give me advice.

I interviewed at both. I would definitely go to MCW even if it is for WL. I though the facilities at mcw crushed those of evms. I actually wasn't impressed much with evms facilities but definitely remember mcw's.

Mcw has a lot more research going on. I also prefer Milwaukee over Norfolk.

I didn't think much of mcw till I saw it in person. I was blown away after the interview day. would definitely see it if I were you.

evms is not a strong school or program. it also doesn't have much of a reputation in Virginia or outside of VA. This will make it a bit tougher to match in prestigious programs afterwards. Why shut doors already?

I would attempt MCW even for the WL. If you get in, great, if you don't, then at least you have a backup.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you have to ask the question, you're not totally sold on EVMS as THE place for you.

As the Great One said: "You miss 100% of the shots you dont take." Or something like that.
I like Norfolk a lot more than Milwaukee, but I'm an east coast guy. Sounds like you should go. Very little risk, some reward.

I interviewed at the MCW and was pleasantly surprised by the total package. I would definitely attend the interview if it is at all feasible.

Hi guys,
Thanks for you guys reply :) I actually LOVE evms. They're having a brand new building for this fall and it sounds great with the 3D lecture hall and the simulated OR room. The only reason why im interested in MCW (as for now) is bc of the cheaper price. I have decided to visit the school to see how it is....
Thanks again guys!!!

Hi guys,
Thanks for you guys reply :) I actually LOVE evms. They're having a brand new building for this fall and it sounds great with the 3D lecture hall and the simulated OR room. The only reason why im interested in MCW (as for now) is bc of the cheaper price. I have decided to visit the school to see how it is....
Thanks again guys!!!
MCW Sim center was pretty impressibe

Status
Not open for further replies.