Embrace the Madness - Hannibal WW Part Deux

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Vote: stuff

forgot to do this earlier, I do think the stuff (heh) I pointed out earlier is fairly damning

Members don't see this ad.

Night 2

Su-zakana

View attachment 367297
With all my knowledge and intrusion... I could never entirely predict you. I can feed the caterpillar and I can whisper through the chrysalis, but... what hatches, follows its own nature and is beyond me.

Will awakes in a cold sweat. He had been standing over a man in his dreams, an evil man. He knew this man had killed dozens of women, and he would kill more. He held a gun in his hand. He could end the man's life, prevent future suffering. But then Hannibal was there, Hannibal who was dead, but still haunted his unconscious mind. And it was Hannibal who stopped him, who took the gun. In a strange turn of events, Hannibal spared a life, and saved Will's soul in the process.

Will blinks as the dream fades, not understanding what it means.

No, he thinks, I set myself free. I am alone in this darkness now.
"You're not alone, Will," says Hannibal's voice in his head, "I'm standing right beside you."

~~~~~

Shiizakana

View attachment 367302

Will dreams of killing Hannibal again. He is awakened by his dogs, barking in agitation. He turns on the lights and realizes they are barking at something outside, something in the woods behind his house. He peers out a window, the anxiety in the dogs' barks making the hairs on the back of his neck stand up.

A beast lurks in the darkness, its gaze steady and unblinking. Watching Will with intent. Waiting.

Will grabs his shotgun and turns off the lights. He crouches. Breathes in. Breathes out. Waiting for the attack. But it never comes.

~~~~~

Naka-Choko

View attachment 367309
The meat is bitter about being dead

Enough time had passed that it seemed safe for Will Graham and Mason Verger to meet in person. The man had done Will a favor, after all. The least he could do was pay him a visit. Or at least, that is what Mason believed. So when Mason summoned him, Will went to see the pigs, the same ones that had ended Hannibal's reign as the Chesapeake Ripper.

Will did not regret using Mason's services to rid himself of Dr. Lecter, but he did regret being in the man's debt. Even moreso now that he had met his sister, Margot, and learned of the pain she had endured at her brother's hand, and because of his cruelty. He had broken her much as Hannibal had come close to breaking Will.

Are you breaking, Will? asked Hannibal's voice in his head, Or are you becoming?

He shuddered and turned back to Mason, now lounging in one of the many sitting rooms of his grand house, a martini glass in his hand. He sees behind his eyes what he has seen in so many of the killers that he has caught.
This man is a psychopath, he thinks. He may even be worse than Hannibal.

Will watches as Mason drops a wet piece of paper into his glass. He notices Will's quizzical glance and smiles.

"Tears enhance the flavor."

No one has died

8 players remain

1. @Santygrass
3. @lucy.
4. @Clem J
5. @SARdoghandler
6. @genny --> @samac
7. @Stagg737
8. @mightyrunner7
10. @Zenge142

Dead
2. @potentialsheltervet - The Truth Serum - 1x seer
14. @SportPonies - The Stag - 1x PGO Odd Night Serial Killer

Subs

1. @Dinashadow
3. @holdthemayo
4. @WonderingStudent
5. @Animal Midwife

Tots
1. @Lawpy
2. @chicandtoughness
3. @miranda920
4. @VeggieTrex
5. @Viscernable
6. @PlumPoppy
7. @Wondalfy
8. @matthirten13
9. @futuredogtor614
13. @Barkley13
utc. @supershorty

It is now Day 3. Vote closes TOMORROW at 10pm EST.
Night 2 updated!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Ok so I didn't really think much of this at the time but now with sporty flipping sk and the likelihood kf there being a matching sk, I think this is...look, jts not outing, but i think it's fairly >rand that jts tmi there's no mafia in this game*, which makes them >rand the even night sk.

*or that they thought they'd be the only kp

Interesting assumption noted.

@Stagg737 ,can you clarify the interesting assumption you were noting? I think Clem is reading a ton into some rather flimsy evidence, but I would appreciate your clarification

Night 2

Su-zakana

View attachment 367297
With all my knowledge and intrusion... I could never entirely predict you. I can feed the caterpillar and I can whisper through the chrysalis, but... what hatches, follows its own nature and is beyond me.

Will awakes in a cold sweat. He had been standing over a man in his dreams, an evil man. He knew this man had killed dozens of women, and he would kill more. He held a gun in his hand. He could end the man's life, prevent future suffering. But then Hannibal was there, Hannibal who was dead, but still haunted his unconscious mind. And it was Hannibal who stopped him, who took the gun. In a strange turn of events, Hannibal spared a life, and saved Will's soul in the process.

Will blinks as the dream fades, not understanding what it means.

No, he thinks, I set myself free. I am alone in this darkness now.
"You're not alone, Will," says Hannibal's voice in his head, "I'm standing right beside you."

~~~~~

Shiizakana

View attachment 367302

Will dreams of killing Hannibal again. He is awakened by his dogs, barking in agitation. He turns on the lights and realizes they are barking at something outside, something in the woods behind his house. He peers out a window, the anxiety in the dogs' barks making the hairs on the back of his neck stand up.

A beast lurks in the darkness, its gaze steady and unblinking. Watching Will with intent. Waiting.

Will grabs his shotgun and turns off the lights. He crouches. Breathes in. Breathes out. Waiting for the attack. But it never comes.

~~~~~

Naka-Choko

View attachment 367309
The meat is bitter about being dead

Enough time had passed that it seemed safe for Will Graham and Mason Verger to meet in person. The man had done Will a favor, after all. The least he could do was pay him a visit. Or at least, that is what Mason believed. So when Mason summoned him, Will went to see the pigs, the same ones that had ended Hannibal's reign as the Chesapeake Ripper.

Will did not regret using Mason's services to rid himself of Dr. Lecter, but he did regret being in the man's debt. Even moreso now that he had met his sister, Margot, and learned of the pain she had endured at her brother's hand, and because of his cruelty. He had broken her much as Hannibal had come close to breaking Will.

Are you breaking, Will? asked Hannibal's voice in his head, Or are you becoming?

He shuddered and turned back to Mason, now lounging in one of the many sitting rooms of his grand house, a martini glass in his hand. He sees behind his eyes what he has seen in so many of the killers that he has caught.
This man is a psychopath, he thinks. He may even be worse than Hannibal.

Will watches as Mason drops a wet piece of paper into his glass. He notices Will's quizzical glance and smiles.

"Tears enhance the flavor."

sounds like a PGO waiting for something to happen?
No references to like converts that other people noticed is there?
Also does anyone have mechanical reasons for a kill not to go through? Speak please so we don’t have to go in circles.

@Stagg737 ,can you clarify the interesting assumption you were noting? I think Clem is reading a ton into some rather flimsy evidence, but I would appreciate your clarification
I thought it was an interesting that they assumed that "mafia missed a kill". The interesting part to me wasn't the word mafia like Clem seems to be trying to twist, it was that he thought it was a "missed kill". We didn't know that at the time and while it now seems very likely that's what happened, it hasn't really been confirmed either. Why I found it interested was based on the following from the end of the N1 writeup:

Miriam Lass opens her eyes. An emptiness, outlined in an itch she can't scratch, exists where one of her arms used to be. It is dark, and she is hungry, and scared. But she is alive. For now.

The sun rises as the stag shakes off the events of the night and finds a quiet place to rest. The peaceful morning is interrupted by the squealing of pigs.
The first paragraph above seemed to imply someone being captive and alive but in mortal danger. I've played multiple games from the mods with kills or conversions requiring 2 nights to go through and KayDubz do occasionally like to drop clues in their write-ups to game related events. Additionally, it seems like the bolded directly relates to Sporty being jailed, suggesting there is game relevant info sprinkled into the write-ups. While I don't think the assumption is as interesting now, at the time I felt it was worth noting.

Village: Santygrass, Lucy , Mighty, Zenge
Idk bruh : SAR , Clem
Have reasons to sus : Samac > Stagg

Actual yeet order may or may not be counter intuitive to this list

• Okay...
Reactions: 1 user
Village: Santygrass, Lucy , Mighty, Zenge
Idk bruh : SAR , Clem
Have reasons to sus : Samac > Stagg

Actual yeet order may or may not be counter intuitive to this list
Why is Samac so far down?

Why is Samac so far down?
I think its possible that if we are looking at two serial killers, they knew there was another but not have a PM.

Genny opening with the pgo claim could probably be a soft for the other Killer tbh. And overall when reading genny-sporty and Samac-sporty I do get some slimy sense so I think it fits s bit with my view of the game.

Even if my view is wrong I dont think genny or samac has been villagey so I legit do be asking why someone villa reads there. Samac vote on me was pretty bad fmpov

Members don't see this ad :)
Its very likely that scum was voting for me.instead of Sporty when we were 4-3

4 on me was Sporty, SAR, Clem, Samac

3 on Sporty were Zenge, Mighty , Santy

Stagg was on vanity wagon at the time so that could indicate not caring much about hunting aswell . So if the killers didnt have any sort of connection, then Stagg might be.

The votes on me are just >rand scum because I was heavily softing IC and they did try to off me / force me to play suboptimally. A wolf *never* softs IC on that situation.

Samac should know better, so they're the biggest offender there.
SAR was voting me prior me clearly softing the IC and little interactions so the sus is lower.
Clem there is no way of knowing of what they were aware and what not. Probably not much if killer had some sort of Link because Sporty seemed prone to yeet them.as well

I'm going to put my money where my mouth is using the villa cred tha I have

Yeet Samac

If you arent it samac, I need for you to also do some good solving and not half assed tinfoils like 'Santy converted Lucy' .

Wait. What if the serial killers are PGOs and they don’t kill directly, they kill by whoever visits them?

Sporty’s didn’t trigger because she was jailed.

So if we know whose tourists are going to visit and then they end up dead we can figure out who the SK is.

Assuming it’s even night, since sporty was odd night last nights visits would have been the first night some one could have died.

So I’d we ignore all the people who visited someone, and all the people who were visited, who’s left?
The first line makes no sense. If the wolves have no other kill method other than PGO, then the game is mechanically broken. I like the other ideas, but that assumes that the other scum is PGO which I wouldn't automatically assume. To answer your last question, here's the breakdown of known night actions

N2 tourism:
Stagg visits Lucy (confirmed)
Lucy visits Santy (cannot confirm)
Samac visits Zenge (confirmed?)
SAR visits Genny/Samac (confirmed)

Clem claims to have randomly visited Santy (cannot confirm)

Mighty watches SAR (confirmed but not tourist)

Based on N2 visits it leaves Clem and Mighty with unconfirmed tourism.

N1 tourism:
Stagg visits Genny/Samac (cannot confirm)
Lucy visits Clem (confirmed)
Genny/Samac visits Sporty (confirmed by scum)
SAR visits Genny/Samac (cannot confirm)
Clem visits Genny/Samac (cannot confirm)

Clem also claims to be a compulsive tourist and was apparently visited by Genny/Samac N1, so that leaves the only person who hasn't visited or been visited as Mighty if everyone is to be believed.

The first line makes no sense. If the wolves have no other kill method other than PGO, then the game is mechanically broken. I like the other ideas, but that assumes that the other scum is PGO which I wouldn't automatically assume. To answer your last question, here's the breakdown of known night actions

N2 tourism:

N1 tourism:

Clem also claims to be a compulsive tourist and was apparently visited by Genny/Samac N1, so that leaves the only person who hasn't visited or been visited as Mighty if everyone is to be believed.

Some other mechanical observations regarding this so AM can keep screaming into the void...

If we are to believe Samac/Genny that you're only notified IF you're visited and not HOW MANY visitors you get, then the only tourists/visitors we can confirm are Lucy (only visistor to Clem on N1), Stagg (only visitor to Lucy on N2 confirmed), and SAR (only visitor to Samac on N2 confirmed). Clem claimed to have visited someone with multiple visitors on both nights which was randomly selected by mods...apparently...and Samac visited Sporty on N1 which doesn't really help since Sporty was both jailed and flipped wolf. @Zenge142 , can you confirm a visitor on N2? If not, then we don't really have evidence that Samac is a tourist. This is all of course continuing the thought process that compulsive tourists are villagers, which may not be true at all.

I think

N2 tourism:

N1 tourism:

Looking at this. This night we should agree in someone from PoE to Clem.to use their tourist action, and no one else act on that slot so we can confirm Clem Tourist at least tbh

I think

Looking at this. This night we should agree in someone from PoE to Clem.to use their tourist action, and no one else act on that slot so we can confirm Clem Tourist at least tbh
You don't see why this is a pointless idea?

Giving you some side-eye for either not thinking this through or suggesting it while knowing the implications...

I dont think that compulsive tourist = village.

But there is a possibility that scum is using Compulsive tourist as a cover so its mechanically correct to cover that possibility I think

You don't see why this is a pointless idea?

Giving you some side-eye for either not thinking this through or suggesting it while knowing the implications...
What are the implications? Scum kills the PoE slot? Thats good for village

Tourist X visits Clem, Clem is not scum PGO, scum kills tourist X, we lose a villager to a NK and then waste a vote on Clem the following day. Basically just gives scum a free cycle...
????

I think you are not getting what I am saying. I am not saying that Clem should be the one visited

Carefully read my post Stagg. The point is to prove that Clem is a tourist, not do some PGO test or something I literally dgaf about if the last scum is pgo or not

????

I think you are not getting what I am saying. I am not saying that Clem should be the one visited
Ooooooooo, I see. I read that backwards. Are we assuming that tourists are village? If so, why are you voting Samac? If not, why does it matter if Clem can prove he's a tourist?

We have Clem
We have another Sussed Slot .

We agree on two things :

* Clem uses their tourist on PoE sussed slot .
* No one else visits that tourist sussed slot.

If one of Clem/PoE sussed slot is killed, its +ev for village because thas a potential misyeet less. We analyze later.

If both are still alive, then wether the tourist from Clem is true or false can be proven

Are you saying they're saying compulsive tourist to cover themselves or are you saying they have a compulsive tourist ability as cover? Very different scenarios.

To cover themselves. Maybe they have another role but seeing as complsive tourists seem to replace vanillagers this game they claimed that.

Im strictly talking about the scenario in where the compulsive tourist thing would be a fakeclaim. We can use mech to prove that scenario wrong or to out them, and we dont lose anything teying it so I think its +ev either way

We have Clem
We have another Sussed Slot .

We agree on two things :

* Clem uses their tourist on PoE sussed slot .
* No one else visits that tourist sussed slot.

If one of Clem/PoE sussed slot is killed, its +ev for village because thas a potential misyeet less. We analyze later.

If both are still alive, then wether the tourist from Clem is true or false can be proven

That's fine, but what it Clem is tourist villager and the one they visit is NK'd? We'd misvote them anyway. Unless we have other protective factors in place, announcing actions on thread is easily manipulated by scum.

That's fine, but what it Clem is tourist villager and the one they visit is NK'd? We'd misvote them anyway. Unless we have other protective factors in place, announcing actions on thread is easily manipulated by scum.
Thats why we agree on someone we are sussing for Clem to visit. If they kill that PoE slot, then scum is killing suboptimally and we can find them easier tbh

If you really want to try and give Clem another day, fine. Idk why Samac is next in line though. Seems to be legit hunting, tourist role can likely be confirmed by Zenge, logic tracks, I'm also just not getting wolf vibes from Genny or Samac. Could I be wrong? Sure. Am I far more concerned about other players? You betcha.

If you really want to try and give Clem another day, fine. Idk why Samac is next in line though. Seems to be legit hunting, tourist role can likely be confirmed by Zenge, logic tracks, I'm also just not getting wolf vibes from Genny or Samac. Could I be wrong? Sure. Am I far more concerned about other players? You betcha.
Go back and read the posts prior to my vote on Samac. I think I the case is sound to have some weight , much more than 'They claimed tourist and it tracks' .

And if their wolf hunting is voting for me with a vision that doesnt make sense for previous mindmeld reads we had + me softing IC then idk. I do really think that samac vote on me is really telling of their wolfhunting skills being way off the mark

Thats why we agree on someone we are sussing for Clem to visit. If they kill that PoE slot, then scum is killing suboptimally and we can find them easier tbh
Eh, my POE is narrow enough that I'd rather just vote, but I'm good with a switch to Mighty for vote and having Clem visit whoever the next most sketch is tonight. Because right now Clem and Mighty need to be cracked. Frankly, I would likely continue to vote for Clem regardless of what the outcome of his visit would be anyway unless there's something that would mechanically clear him.

~ In Samac's mind ~

Hmmm who do I vote?

On one hand , I have santy, which had the same progression as me with Mighty, and is softing some mechanical IC that I have caught up.

On the other hand, I have Sporty who was jailed on the no kill night.

*Samac in Sporty voice* : But Sporty has better tone

*Votes Santy*

Eh, my POE is narrow enough that I'd rather just vote, but I'm good with a switch to Mighty for vote and having Clem visit whoever the next most sketch is tonight. Because right now Clem and Mighty need to be cracked. Frankly, I would likely continue to vote for Clem regardless of what the outcome of his visit would be anyway unless there's something that would mechanically clear him.
That Watcher action from Mighty + the logic behind it its pretty well thought . The vote on Sporty as well . The refuttal t vote psv even though it was their cw and being clear about it.

They have quite some micro villa moments I'd say

Yeet Clem

I don't like that their claim can't be backed up. Yes, it could be exactly as he says, but on the other hand it's a good claim for a wolf to make and I have at least some village points for everyone else in the game

~ In Samac's mind ~

Hmmm who do I vote?

On one hand , I have santy, which had the same progression as me with Mighty, and is softing some mechanical IC that I have caught up.

On the other hand, I have Spoty who was jailed on the no kill night.

*Samac in Sporty voice* : But Sporty has better tone

*Votes Santy*
Tbf, I normally sniff out wolf Sporty on D1 (maybe a wolf soul read :unsure:) but wasn't picking it up this game. Maybe I've just been away too long, but I probably wouldn't have been down with a Sporty vote without the overnight events. I'll have to reread for further context later.

That Watcher action from Mighty + the logic behind it its pretty well thought . The vote on Sporty as well . The refuttal t vote psv even though it was their cw and being clear about it.

They have quite some micro villa moments I'd say
It's not hard to sprinkle some village as a wolf. I also disagree with the the refusal to vote PSV as points for village. Defending a sus villager and being able to say "told you so" is a very easy wolf tactic to pull off. A bit ballsy, but there were plenty of counterwagons potentially forming.

ETA: I'll also have to go back and reread the logic for watching SAR, but I don't recall being impressed.

I think its possible that if we are looking at two serial killers, they knew there was another but not have a PM.

Genny opening with the pgo claim could probably be a soft for the other Killer tbh. And overall when reading genny-sporty and Samac-sporty I do get some slimy sense so I think it fits s bit with my view of the game.

Even if my view is wrong I dont think genny or samac has been villagey so I legit do be asking why someone villa reads there. Samac vote on me was pretty bad fmpov
Do you really think genny would be dumb enough to identify on thread that there might be a pgo in the game because she is a pgo serial killer OR that she is a compulsive tourist and realizing that there are multiple probably means there’s some mechanic.

If you want to break it down to prove that people are what they say they are I visited Zenge last night and I one else had made that claim no?
@Zenge142 wanna confirm that you had a visitor?

The votes on me are just >rand scum because I was heavily softing IC and they did try to off me / force me to play suboptimally. A wolf *never* softs IC on that situation.

Samac should know better, so they're the biggest offender there.
SAR was voting me prior me clearly softing the IC and little interactions so the sus is lower.
Clem there is no way of knowing of what they were aware and what not. Probably not much if killer had some sort of Link because Sporty seemed prone to yeet them.as well
You were being intentionally obstinate and even admitted to being like “I can be as sketchy as I want I won’t reveal until it’s necessary in end game to have a confirmed villager there” and honestly that felt icky, I didn’t like it and didn’t like the way you were acting. Other than your soft you had no village points to give to you and I’m still nervous you said it was *part* of your ability

If you arent it samac, I need for you to also do some good solving and not half assed tinfoils like 'Santy converted Lucy' .
Ya want me to pull a wolf out of my ass?
I’m good, not that good.

• Haha