This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just got some info from a friend on the inside: invites for interviews are going out at the end of the week. Apparently, delay is due to the change in administration and budget cuts.

Actually I knew a few people who already got their invites for interview before last week. So not sure about your statement about going out on Friday this week.

Members don't see this ad.

Actually I knew a few people who already got their invites for interview before last week.

Really? Hmmmm... it's very interesting that nobody in this forum has received an invitation, or any other update.

Reactions: 1 users
I wouldn't worry too much guys. Went through the process last year -- people seemed to all be contacted around the same time. Given there is a national crisis going on in Houston I'm sure they have a lot on their plate. Keep positive thoughts and good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Wanted to chime in that I also heard from a current EISO that, per a message from the EIS Office - "no intvw offers have been made yet, but they hope to start making offers by the end of the week" So, i think for those of us that haven't heard, hopefully things will start moving end of this week beginning of next.

Reactions: 3 users
The emails are coming in, people!! My friend just got a rejection email.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got an invite for the 18th! Really excited for this.

Just got my invite for the 18th! Over the moon.

No interview for me. :-(
I've applied twice before and interviewed twice, but never made the cut. Oh well. Heartbroken, but guess it's time to move on.

Good luck to everyone who is interviewing!

Just got an interview invite for sept 22!

Just received a rejection e-mail indicating that I was not invited for an interview. A little disappointed, but I know that this means a better opportunity is out there for me. I suspect that applicants who weren't rejected will be receiving an invitation for interview very soon.

No interview for me. :-(
I've applied twice before and interviewed twice, but never made the cut. Oh well. Heartbroken, but guess it's time to move on.

Good luck to everyone who is interviewing!
Join the club! My eyes glazed over the e-mail and my heart sunk for a moment, but I'm feeling better already.

I received an invite today as well. Congrats everyone.

If you did not, don't give up hope! This was my second time applying. Next year, focus on how you've grown professionally since this year.

Members don't see this ad :)
no interview.

out of curiosity, for second-time applicants, what did you do during your interim year?

Just got an invite for the 21st!!! So sorry about others today

Rejection letter here too. Felt sad for 5 minutes and gave myself a pat on the back for even trying. I know people who were not bold enough to try because they couldn't bear the rejection. Moving on to something better...... Congratulations to all who got invites.

no interview.

out of curiosity, for second-time applicants, what did you do during your interim year?
I'm not an MD applicant, so I had just started a postdoc when I applied the first time. Wrote and published extensively.

For LLS fellows: I got an interview call!!! Anyone, who had applied for LLS, following this thread???

Anyone get a confirmation email after accepting interview date?

I didn't get an email confirmation but I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I got an interview as well! Congratulations to those who were also selected, and best wishes to those who didn't get interviews.... I hope you apply again or find an even better opportunity!!

How is everyone starting to prepare for interviews? For those whom this is their second time around do you guys have any experience advice for us?

Got an interview confirmation email this morning.

I haven't done too much to prepare just yet but there is some helpful advice from previous applicants in the older EIS threads.

Good luck to everyone interviewing this week!

Thanks! Anyone care to share their experiences this week for that interview later this week and next week?

It is a really friendly experience: don't worry, just relax, and be yourself. There will be about 200 people interviewed this week and next and 60 people accepted. They will be letting people know about acceptance/denials/wait-list mid-to-late October and aim to complete any pre-match assignments by mid-November. Hope that helps!

It is a really friendly experience: don't worry, just relax, and be yourself. There will be about 200 people interviewed this week and next and 60 people accepted. They will be letting people know about acceptance/denials/wait-list mid-to-late October and aim to complete any pre-match assignments by mid-November. Hope that helps!

Thank you DVMEpi for sharing your experience. Are they only accepting a total 60 applicants this year? (US residents and International)

That is what they mentioned however they said that the final number will not be determined until October before they start notifying people

That is what they mentioned however they said that the final number will not be determined until October before they start notifying people

Thank you, Riley13! My interview is tomorrow, I'm excited and sort of nervous. I know they are pretty relaxed down to earth folks after having met them at the EIS conferences. Despite it I'm still nervous. I wish everyone the best of luck!

I'm a strong believer in a healthy amount of anxiety ;) good luck!

Thank you, Riley13! My interview is tomorrow, I'm excited and sort of nervous. I know they are pretty relaxed down to earth folks after having met them at the EIS conferences. Despite it I'm still nervous. I wish everyone the best of luck!
So... how did it go? My interview is this Friday. Eeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!

So... how did it go? My interview is this Friday. Eeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!

It actually wasn't so bad. It was nice meeting everyone, from applicants to the CDC team. They are very friendly and down to earth. Don't be nervous just go in excited about your dream job!

The unfortunate part is that they are expecting funding cuts and therefore may only accept 50-60 officers from 172 applicants. This may change depending on what they actually get, they still don't know. Everyone I met was exceptional and inspirational and it is going to be a very tough task choosing EIS officers this year.

Wishing us all the very best of luck!

It actually wasn't so bad. It was nice meeting everyone, from applicants to the CDC team. They are very friendly and down to earth. Don't be nervous just go in excited about your dream job!

The unfortunate part is that they are expecting funding cuts and therefore may only accept 50-60 officers from 172 applicants. This may change depending on what they actually get, they still don't know. Everyone I met was exceptional and inspirational and it is going to be a very tough task choosing EIS officers this year.

Wishing us all the very best of luck!
ouch! the odds keep getting lower and lower. and I agree, the pool of candidates is simply amazing!

For LLS applicants: Received an email last week that I have been shortlisted for the next round: matching with the labs. I was offered a list of 11 labs and have to choose 3-8 prospective labs.

For LLS applicants: Received an email last week that I have been shortlisted for the next round: matching with the labs. I was offered a list of 11 labs and have to choose 3-8 prospective labs.

Wow congrats! What a quick turnaround. Hopefully EIS will be just as swift with the notifications.

Wow congrats! What a quick turnaround. Hopefully EIS will be just as swift with the notifications.

During interviews they said by mid-late October we should know who got accepted.

I logged into the application portal and I read this

applicationupdate.jpg
Application Status
  • The EIS Selection Committee meets in early December.
  • You will be notified by January 1 of the committee's decision.

Hmmm... please say it isn't so The agony!

They told us mid-late October as well. I'm gonna hope the dates just arent updated from last year.

During interviews they said by mid-late October we should know who got accepted.

I logged into the application portal and I read this

applicationupdate.jpg
Application Status
  • The EIS Selection Committee meets in early December.
  • You will be notified by January 1 of the committee's decision.

Hmmm... please say it isn't so The agony!

They told our group late October to mid November. But hopefully other timelines are correct :)

I would guess that that’s an automated status update that hasn’t been changed from previous cycles. But maybe that’s optimistic.

Anyone else have the Jeopardy theme song playing in their head? :whistle:

If not, now you do! haha :p

I just got called- I don’t think I have ever been happier !!!!!

Just got called! Woohoo!!

To the people who've been called, can you share a bit of information about yourself? MD/PhD, international etc?
Thanks!

To the people who've been called, can you share a bit of information about yourself? MD/PhD, international etc?
Thanks!
US resident, RN, second time applying

Did you get the follow up email? Still waiting on that and worried I hallucinated the call until I see something in writing.

They said follow up email by the end of the week if not early next week.

US, MD, first time

Thanks!
I got a call yesterday afternoon!!! Best phone call of my life. I can't believe it (I won't believe it until I get the email!)

US citizen, RN(BSN)+MPH(c). First time applying. Fingers crossed for the rest of you!