Edward Via - Virginia (VCOM-VC) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have just had updates based on what I was doing at the time. Other then that, no. I hope we hear something soon though!
do you think it would be silly to update them about a new job? is it too late in the game haha the job isn't super medically relevant its more of an admin job in a medical setting

Members don't see this ad.

do you think it would be silly to update them about a new job? is it too late in the game haha the job isn't super medically relevant its more of an admin job in a medical setting

I'm not sure yet. I'm still weighing options of some places I'm waitlisted.

My MCAT score is a 28 and a 3.7 GPA (both science and non-science)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not sure yet. I'm still weighing options of some places I'm waitlisted.

My MCAT score is a 28 and a 3.7 GPA (both science and non-science)
Congrats on being high on the wait list! I didn't receive in email in that regard either. Those are solid stats though. Wishing you the best of luck

I got an email a few days ago that mentioned that I was 'extremely high on the waitlist'. Has anyone else received this?
You are probably getting a spot for 2019! I heard only top 10-15 students may receive an email like that :claps:
I called last month and they told me that the wait-list is moving very slowly this year! nothing new here :(

You are probably getting a spot for 2019! I heard only top 10-15 students may receive an email like that :claps:
I called last month and they told me that the wait-list is moving very slowly this year! nothing new here :(
I wonder how many are on the list total and where I stand lol where did you get the memo about only the top 10-15

Around May 15, they sent out the initial email for the top 10 people on the wait list. And as time goes on and people drop out of the class, more and more people are moving up on the wait list. When you reach a point where you are the "new" top, aka the top 10-15, then you, too, will receive an email saying you are very high. So its definitely fluid and not just the top 10-15 on the initial list that will receive this email.

Around May 15, they sent out the initial email for the top 10 people on the wait list. And as time goes on and people drop out of the class, more and more people are moving up on the wait list. When you reach a point where you are the "new" top, aka the top 10-15, then you, too, will receive an email saying you are very high. So its definitely fluid and not just the top 10-15 on the initial list that will receive this email.
Yes, I got the email June 3! Thanks for the info!!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey Guys,

Just wonder if any of you can help with understanding this essay question from last year

"Professionalism and the ability to gain respect in the community in which you live is of utmost importance as you embark upon a career as a physician. What three professional qualities do you feel a Student Doctor must be able to demonstrate as he/or she makes the transition into the study and practice of medicine. How will you demonstrate those qualities as a medical student at VCOM?"

Does it ask three necessary traits students must possess in order to transit from medical student to practicing doctor, or from medical school applicants to medical students at VCOM?

Also, how to answer this question "How will you demonstrate those qualities as a medical student at VCOM..."

Thanks and good luck to all!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Guys,

Just wonder if any of you can help with understanding this essay question from last year

"Professionalism and the ability to gain respect in the community in which you live is of utmost importance as you embark upon a career as a physician. What three professional qualities do you feel a Student Doctor must be able to demonstrate as he/or she makes the transition into the study and practice of medicine. How will you demonstrate those qualities as a medical student at VCOM?"

Does it ask three necessary traits students must possess in order to transit from medical student to practicing doctor, or from medical school applicants to medical students at VCOM?

Also, how to answer this question "How will you demonstrate those qualities as a medical student at VCOM..."

Thanks and good luck to all!

I took the question to mean: what are the most important traits of a medical student, specifically in acting professionally and developing yourself for the future as a physician. You're still a student while in med school but, in a way, you're starting your career...as for how to demonstrate these qualities...how will you act as a medical student to learn to the best of your ability but also develop your own confidence in the transition to being a doctor.

Just got the email that I've been accepted for 2020, but I still remain on the waitlist for this year.

Reactions: 4 users
with those stats im soo confused as to why you even got wl!!! did you apply late>?
I applied in July, but they didn't send me a secondary until like December after I contacted them focal if something was wrong with my application, and I didn't get offered an interview until March.

I applied in July, but they didn't send me a secondary until like December after I contacted them focal if something was wrong with my application, and I didn't get offered an interview until March.
oh man I m so sorry to hear that! I m so glad that everything worked out for you tho:)

Just got in for class of 2020, but still on WL for class of 2019

Reactions: 3 users
Just got in for class of 2020, but still on WL for class of 2019
ahh so exciting to see more people get called off wl!!! do you mind sharing your stats? just trying to understand what the wl looks likke!

also I got an email from them today as well about being interested in their post bacc, because space is all gone, lol which i am not but we shall see =)

Im going to double post if thats a thing haha do you guys know how long it typically takes for adcom to get back to you? i emailed jordan on thursday and had a few Q and havent heard anything back

Hey everyone,

I am currently filling out the secondary for class of 2020 and had a quick question. On the secondary it asks to list any work or volunteer experience that I did not list on my primary AACOMAS app. Well I literally just submitted my primary a month ago and have not done anything really since. Plus, I think I listed all relevant activities on my primary. What are they looking for here?

Hello all I was hoping that you guys could help shed some light on the secondary for me.

I had a question regarding the "speeding ticket" question on the secondary. I have never had any tickets except a speeding ticket when I was 18 and I was ticketed for driving 5 over the speed limit. I paid it in full as well. Obviously I'm going to be honest in this question, but has anyone ever heard of a speeding ticket being an issue in their application? I guess my concern is checking yes on a question that reads with misdemeanor and felony in it lol.

The exact question reads: Have you ever been charged with a speeding ticket, misdemeanor, felony, summary charge, or any other criminal charge (whether or not you were convicted or even if you were told it was expunged as these will often show up on the background check)? If yes, specify if you were or were not convicted of the charge. If you were not convicted, list what the status of the charge is. This includes traffic violations but excludes parking violations.

Hello all I was hoping that you guys could help shed some light on the secondary for me.

I had a question regarding the "speeding ticket" question on the secondary. I have never had any tickets except a speeding ticket when I was 18 and I was ticketed for driving 5 over the speed limit. I paid it in full as well. Obviously I'm going to be honest in this question, but has anyone ever heard of a speeding ticket being an issue in their application? I guess my concern is checking yes on a question that reads with misdemeanor and felony in it lol.

The exact question reads: Have you ever been charged with a speeding ticket, misdemeanor, felony, summary charge, or any other criminal charge (whether or not you were convicted or even if you were told it was expunged as these will often show up on the background check)? If yes, specify if you were or were not convicted of the charge. If you were not convicted, list what the status of the charge is. This includes traffic violations but excludes parking violations.
I was told at the interview that you should let them know about speeding tickets but not parking tickets. She kept saying it might show up on your background check and you shouldn't hide anything! I don't think it's a red flag though....You can also email them :) Good Luck

Hey everyone,

I am currently filling out the secondary for class of 2020 and had a quick question. On the secondary it asks to list any work or volunteer experience that I did not list on my primary AACOMAS app. Well I literally just submitted my primary a month ago and have not done anything really since. Plus, I think I listed all relevant activities on my primary. What are they looking for here?
I guess you can just leave it blank. They'll ask you the same question again when you get an interview invite!

I was told at the interview that you should let them know about speeding tickets but not parking tickets. She kept saying it might show up on your background check and you shouldn't hide anything! I don't think it's a red flag though....You can also email them :) Good Luck

Thank you for your response! I did send an email, but was just curious to what applicants may have experienced as well. :)

Did anybody get an email about VCOM's postbac program? I don't know if I should consider that or not! They won't confirm anything (2019 or 2020) before august and this program will start on July 20th!

Last edited:
Did anybody get an email about VCOM's postbac program? I don't know if I should consider that or not! They won't confirm anything (2019 or 2020) before august and this program will start on July 20th!
I received it too!!

is this school regionally bias? I am an illinois resident!

I turned down my acceptance on the 26th of June! Good luck to everyone.

Did anyone get accepted to the Class of 2020? They are supposed to review those on the waitlist for a possible seat :unsure:

Anyone know how this schools board scores are + how they rank up with other schools in terms of scores?

Sorry I was asking if anyone got accepted to the class of 2020 after the class of 2019 matriculated in August.....
I got an acceptance for the class of 2020 back in June... Sorry I thought you were just asking in general

Can anyone on here provide the interview style/things they ask/best way to prepare? Thanks!!!!

Last edited: