Edinburgh quesion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OSJ

Michigan State CVM 2012
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone that applied receive an email asking which program you were interested (the 4 or the 5 year?) If you did, would you be able to send me the email address that that was sent from? I need to follow up on something else but cannot find that email address in my in-box!

Thanks!:)

Members don't see this ad.

I never received that email as I was automatically in the 4-year program, but did you try emailing Yvonne? She takes care of all the admissions emails from my experience, so I'm sure she could help you. Her address is [email protected]

She is very nice and quick with the replies!

Good luck too - I was enrolled but had to drop out literally as the last minute because of a visa issue. *adorns his angry pants*

Thanks! I think that was who sent me the email! I'm sorry your visa didn't work out! I know someone who applied last year and don't remember them asking which program they were interested in, so maybe it is a new thing? I already have 4 years of college so I am applying for the 4 year program.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hm...I applied to Edinburgh and haven't heard anything from them yet regarding the 4 or 5 year program...concerning. I just e-mailed the admissions address so hopefully they can confirm they got my application.

Someone said before that Edinburgh doesn't do interviews...does anyone know anything about this?

Hi there,

I believe I received the same message from Yvonne about the 4 or 5 year program preference. Here it is:

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your VMCAS application to study Veterinary Medicine at the
University of Edinburgh. I confirm that we have received your
application and it will be assessed by the Undergraduate Selection
Committee here at the School.

As you may be aware, we currently offer a 5 year BVM&S programme as well
as the accelerated 4 year Graduate Entry Programme (GEP) for those with
a relevant degree. Please let me know if you want to be considered for
the GEP only or if you would also be interested in studying the 5 year
programme.

I will contact you should we require any additional information and also
to let you know the outcome of your application, which we will endeavour
to have by mid-January 2007 at the very latest.

In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any
questions.

Yours sincerely
Yvonne Donnelly

Her email is: [email protected]