Eastern Virginia Med Class of 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
thanks

sparkyur said:
Call 757-446-5961 or 446-5860 and ask for Carol Ashburne.

1 BR is 555/mo + electricity (608 ft2)
2 BR is 746/mo + electricity (800 ft2)

laundry room on site (lock 24/7 - you get a key)
on site and street parking

I know this crap cause I got on the wait list earlier, but then withdrew because I am gonna live in Ghent instead of on campus.

Members don't see this ad.

I thought it was a great weekend too. I think I might call about the Hague Club tomorrow but I'm trying to talk myself out of it. On one hand I'd love to be there because it's cheaper and closer to the school. On the other, I know I won't get in this year and once I do get an apartment in Ghent or wherever I won't want to leave to save a little $$ to move. When any of you called, did the lady seem the least bit positive about you getting in this year? Even next? But thanks for the info too.

I think the lack of cultural diversity is a big problem in medicine period. Apparently about 20% of their students are minorites which is more than most schools I was looking at. Only a few percentage points (about 6 or so) behind other MD schools in VA. I think it just looked a little skewed because the class was overall a lot smaller.

The preview weekend got me excited about being there and starting too. And it was great getting to meet all/most of you. I just can't wait to say, "Yeah, I go down to the Y and work out every now and then." I've always wanted to say that!!!

Hi y'all,

It was great to meet over the weekend! I am really excited to go to EVMS now. I too was on fire to live at the Hague Club, but it seems that getting in this year will be very difficult. I had an email on here from Carol Ashburn about it but she requested I remove it because she wants to be sure that students feel free to apply. I myself plan to apply anyway.

So I am kind of thinking the HC is out for us M1s. I'm now looking at Pembroke and Hague Park, the towers by the lake about a block away from HC. If two or three other 2010 girls are similarly minded let me know! The rent is cheaper for the 2-3 bedroom apts.

Edit:

I mean one or two other girls, because I forgot to include myself. I have math issues.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't Panic said:
Hi y'all,

It was great to meet over the weekend! I am really excited to go to EVMS now. I too was on fire to live at the Hague Club, but it seems that getting in this year will be very difficult. I had an email on here from Carol Ashburn about it but she requested I remove it because she wants to be sure that students feel free to apply. I myself plan to apply anyway.

So I am kind of thinking the HC is out for us M1s. I'm now looking at Pembroke and Hague Park, the towers by the lake about a block away from HC. If two or three other 2010 girls are similarly minded let me know! The rent is cheaper for the 2-3 bedroom apts.

Edit:

I mean one or two other girls, because I forgot to include myself. I have math issues.
Well I can't say I'm a girl so I'm not interested, but I do have to say that I love your new avatar. Will Ferrel as Harry Caray was about the funniest skit I've ever seen in my life. I swear I didn't look this up, and I don't remember who "Harry" was talking to, but my favorite line from that SNL skit is, "It's a simple question, if you were a hot dog, would you eat yourself? ... I know I would, I'd smother myself in mustard and relish and I'd be the best hot dog ever." :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It might not be the exact quote but I still remember it to be something like that. That still makes me crack up to this day!

I remember that! That was the one where he was talking about cloning hot dogs, because then we could eat hot dogs anytime we wanted, and Colin Quinn was like, how is that different from now?

Is anyone else (male or female) thinking about living at the Pembroke or Hague Park? I just want to know if I will have neighbors, if I end up there.

since i will most likely not be living in hague club, i think i may look around for a house (if i can find some roomates) or apparently there are alot of old houses in ghent that are converted into seperate apartments which could be kind of cool.

DP,
have you been inside the Pembroke or Hague Park? If so, what are they like? Also, how much is rent? Thanks.

G

xraygray said:
since i will most likely not be living in hague club, i think i may look around for a house (if i can find some roomates) or apparently there are alot of old houses in ghent that are converted into seperate apartments which could be kind of cool.

DP,
have you been inside the Pembroke or Hague Park? If so, what are they like? Also, how much is rent? Thanks.

G

If I do manage to get a condo, I'll need a roommate. Just something to think about.

Still gotta get in and get the condo thing working though.

I have the condo picked. Just need to muster up the down payment.

Gray,

I confess I have not been inside Pembroke or Hague Park (not to be confused with Hague Club, the EVMS-run apts, OR Hague Tower, which is a totally different complex, BUT is owned by the same group that owns the Pembroke) I am mostly attracted by how convenient they are to campus (and cocktail progressives.)

I'm not sure how expensive they will seem to other people, but I live in Charlottesville where rent and utilities are RIDICULOUS. So the two and three bedroom apts in these look like a steal to me esp. with utilities included.
The webpages below have prices, pictures, floorplans, features, etc.

I also would be ok in living in a close-by Ghent townhouse chopped up into multiple apts. Let me know if you find something like that, it would be cool to have an M1 house!

The link to the Pembroke is www.haguetowers.com/pembroke.htm

I had trouble pasting the link for Hague Park, but it is on Apartmentguide.com and if you use the search term "hague park" on their search tool it will show up.

Hope that helps some. I know it was totally confusing.

It's not looking like the Hague Club thing will work out so I'll probably look to Hague Park or Pembroke. I'm really not sure yet though. I really don't want to start a lease until around the beginning of August so I've not done a lot of looking just yet.

I'm also checking the sinapse page so I can hopefully just find somebody with a room or house so that I won't have to worry about finding a roomate after that. But yeah, Hague Park or Pembroke is where I'm hoping I'll end up, but I wouldn't even rule out a townhouse at this point.

I'm going to do a lot more looking this summer so I'm really kind of lost and just shooting ideas at this point.

helps alot. thanks. i too do not want to start a lease until august. i talked to carol from hague club the other day and she said that lots of for rent signs start popping up in ghent around may and june, so she said this would be a good time to look for apartments. unfortunately, i will not be able to make it back up to norfolk until around july to look for places and she said that options may have dwindled by this point, but who knows. finding a good place is alot about timing and good luck, imo. the prices at pembroke do not look too bad especially since it includes utilities. however, i think it would be really nice to have an inhouse washer and dryer. right now i live in an apartment without w/d, or dishwasher, and it is a huge pain in the ass to have to go to a laundramat(sp?). anyways, if anyone is up in norfolk before july and find a cool place let me know. now to transfect some cells...

Guys,

My wife and I will be going back down to Norfolk around April 20th, after my thesis defense, to look for housing. We are looking for a place in Ghent/West Ghent.

Does anyone want info for places if we find some (that we aren't going to rent of course!)? Let me know price ranges. Maybe I can get some pics??

Anyway, let me know. I won't have much to do except pack after my thesis defense.

Gray,

Will do. Anybody else have requested areas near Ghent to look for?

I will take photos of them and give you guys a description of them and the immediate area.

BTW, Joe, thanks for the condo info. I will look into it.

sparkyur said:
Gray,

Will do. Anybody else have requested areas near Ghent to look for?

I will take photos of them and give you guys a description of them and the immediate area.

BTW, Joe, thanks for the condo info. I will look into it.

No prob.

To anybody else reading. I PM'd him a realtor's info.

I didn't want to post it 'cause I didn't want the poor guy go get swamped with a hundred calls at once, but if you find yourself needing a realtor, I can let you know how to contact this guy I thought did a pretty good job showing me around.

Members don't see this ad :)
No real specific request, but if you (or anybody else for that matter) happen to find anything somewhat near the school in Ghent or West Ghent that's a good deal and you're not planning on taking it feel free to pm me about it! :thumbup:

I'm not looking yet but it will be a great place for me to start here in a month or two. Haha, I might hit you up for that realtor around that time depakote! :laugh:

With all of the talk about housing..... When do you all plan on making the move to Norfolk (or when might you make the move if you're still considering somewhere else too). Since the Hague Club isn't looking good this year for me, I know that more apartments might be for rent in May & June when all the students from EVMS and other colleges in the region are letting out, but I wasn't planning on trying to get a place until the beginning of August. I definitely won't be moving to Norfolk until August to spend some extra time w/my family before leaving and I don't want to pay rent in June and July to not live there. But I'm also thinking that if i can find a place in June for pretty cheap or close to school that might be the best way to go instead of ending up w/something expensive or far away for the next year. Anybody else having any trouble making this decision or got any advice? Perhaps just stories of your own plans??...... :confused:

ghostchild said:
With all of the talk about housing..... When do you all plan on making the move to Norfolk (or when might you make the move if you're still considering somewhere else too). Since the Hague Club isn't looking good this year for me, I know that more apartments might be for rent in May & June when all the students from EVMS and other colleges in the region are letting out, but I wasn't planning on trying to get a place until the beginning of August. I definitely won't be moving to Norfolk until August to spend some extra time w/my family before leaving and I don't want to pay rent in June and July to not live there. But I'm also thinking that if i can find a place in June for pretty cheap or close to school that might be the best way to go instead of ending up w/something expensive or far away for the next year. Anybody else having any trouble making this decision or got any advice? Perhaps just stories of your own plans??...... :confused:

yeah same boat. i am not moving up to norfolk until august and it would really suck to have to pay rent for a place i am not living in. im just going to hope that the perfect place will open up around mid july. ill prob. also keep a look out for anything that pops up between now and then and suck it up and pay a months rent extra if i have to. hopefully everything will work out ok for all.

on another note, lets try to kept this thread pumping. it gives me something fun to do each break i get from the tediousness that is my life in the lab. anyone see any good movies lately? read any good books?

xraygray said:
yeah same boat. i am not moving up to norfolk until august and it would really suck to have to pay rent for a place i am not living in. im just going to hope that the perfect place will open up around mid july. ill prob. also keep a look out for anything that pops up between now and then and suck it up and pay a months rent extra if i have to. hopefully everything will work out ok for all.

on another note, lets try to kept this thread pumping. it gives me something fun to do each break i get from the tediousness that is my life in the lab. anyone see any good movies lately? read any good books?

Idle chatter, that's really what we need more of! I'm up for it, it's also a good break for me so I check it whenever I'm wanting to put off studying or just don't have anything else to do. It's been several weeks since I've seen a movie but I've got Million Dollar Baby at home that I really want to get to this weekend. Last book I read was Why do Men have Nipples and hundreds of other questions you'd only ask a doctor after your third martini. Some of that stuff was crazy and I found it interesting! You could tell the authors seemed a little rushed and could have explained things a little better. I mean, I'm a biology major and had trouble understanding some of those things so I know a lot of other people did. I'd recommend it if you've got a day and nothing to do because it's really short.

Oi,

figured I'd pop back in here. The other EVMS thread has turned into a big speculation pool about waitlist movement which I'd just as soon avoid. I'll hear when I hear. I don't need to stress over the minute details of how/when/the odds that that's gonna happen.

Good Books:
Emergency! : True Stories From The Nation's ERs
Choke- Chuck Palanuk
Slaughterhouse 5- Kurt Vonnegut
Cat's Cradle- Kurt Vonnegut

So my wife and I are hoping to buy a small house prior to starting at EVMS this August. We are thrilled to finally be starting this much anticipated phase of our lives. I've been working as an engineer while she went to law school, so its finally my turn to expand my horizons, and I can't wait. I need some housing advice though - all the Norfolk houses I have seen for sale under $200K were built in 1910 or worse. And they look like the original owners are still living there. I think one of the houses I saw was actually the birthplace of Thomas Jefferson. Since I have 2 young kids, I would hate to move into an ancient POS that will fall apart and be potentially unsafe. Not to mention the fact that my 1 yr old daughter will eat any bugs she finds crawling on the kitchen floor. Is there tasteful, relatively modern housing to be had around the school for a decent price? Is my Norfolk realtor just sending me the crappy postings she wants to sell off? Any advice would be much appreciated. Maybe there are even some M4s out there that are looking to sell their place and could contact me...?

Thanks for your help, I am looking forward to meeting everyone in a few months!

Guys,

I won't be able to get down to Norfolk for about two weeks. Sorry about that. My wife and I will get down there and get some info. That binder we got at Preview Weekend is pretty helpful. Check out www.norfolk.craigslist.com It has some listings.

Diamond,

maybe you should check out some townhomes, condos or apartments in Great Bridge or Greenbrier (near the mall). I grew up there and know it is probably the safest area around, within a 10 minute drive to school (parking is free for students), and reasonably priced.

sparkyur said:
Welcome class of 2010!

Anyone out there?

I know I'm late, but I received my acceptance in December (1 week before xmas) and will be at evms in august. Look forward to seeing you all there

sparkyur said:
Diamond,

maybe you should check out some townhomes, condos or apartments in Great Bridge or Greenbrier (near the mall). I grew up there and know it is probably the safest area around, within a 10 minute drive to school (parking is free for students), and reasonably priced.

Thanks for the tip Sparky, I'll check it out!

kevin_md2010 said:
I know I'm late, but I received my acceptance in December (1 week before xmas) and will be at evms in august. Look forward to seeing you all there

welcome kevin. good to have you.

i realized that i haven't posted my picks for recent movies watched and books read

books: a clockwork orange, one day in the life of Ivan Denisovich, Ender's game, heartbreaking work of staggering genius...

movies: Dr. Strangelove, city of god, kung fu hustle

lots more but these are most recent

xraygray said:
i realized that i haven't posted my picks for recent movies watched and books read

books: a clockwork orange, one day in the life of Ivan Denisovich, Ender's game, heartbreaking work of staggering genius...

movies: Dr. Strangelove, city of god, kung fu hustle

lots more but these are most recent

If you liked Enders Game, you will absolutely love Pastwatch: The Redemption of Christopher Columbus. The Comic Book Guy and I agree, it is the "best episode ever."

Let's not forget, as far as movies go: O Brother Where Art Thou, Unbreakable, The Hudsucker Proxy, and Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. On second thought, strike Seven Brides and replace it with V for Vendetta.

I definitely need to get my entertainment fix before I forever swear off movies and fluff books this August...such is the life of a surgeon, I'm told.

Hey,

I'm getting real close to declaring a final decision to attend EVMS. At this point, I see myself there and I'm already looking for housing. And actually, that is exactly why I write. I need some cheap housing. Perhaps if someone out there were in the same boat, we could look together for a double... Also, for those already attending, is it a bad idea to live further than walking distance?

Thanks, can't wait to meet you!

Kim

Hey,

I'm getting real close to declaring a final decision to attend EVMS. At this point, I see myself there and I'm already looking for housing. And actually, that is exactly why I write. I need some cheap housing. Perhaps if someone out there were in the same boat, we could look together for a double... Also, for those already attending, is it a bad idea to live further than walking distance? Email me if you have any help to offer: [email protected].

Kim

kawern said:
Hey,

I'm getting real close to declaring a final decision to attend EVMS. At this point, I see myself there and I'm already looking for housing. And actually, that is exactly why I write. I need some cheap housing. Perhaps if someone out there were in the same boat, we could look together for a double... Also, for those already attending, is it a bad idea to live further than walking distance?

Kim

Congrats on making the decision and good luck in your new search for a roomate. :luck: The sinapse site is also a great site for finding roomates.

But I don't think I ever mentioned the greatest movies of all time, I've got 2, Hoosiers, and Major Leage. Yeah, they were both made back in the 80s but I can still pop those things in the DVD player and watch them nonstop! :laugh:

kawern said:
is it a bad idea to live further than walking distance? Email me if you have any help to offer: [email protected].

Kim

You know, since we will apparently be attending the only med school on the planet with adequate, close parking for students, it seems a shame to live within walking distance of the school....I for one plan to cast my housing net wide to find a nice place and then drive to school. Plus then everyone can admire my cool ghetto wagon. Or at the very least, throw rocks at it.

thediamondmaker said:
You know, since we will apparently be attending the only med school on the planet with adequate, close parking for students, it seems a shame to live within walking distance of the school....I for one plan to cast my housing net wide to find a nice place and then drive to school. Plus then everyone can admire my cool ghetto wagon. Or at the very least, throw rocks at it.

I've been told that while it is free, it can be a hassle to park since the lot is shared with patients. I'm planning on living within walking distance if I can.

What grading system does EVMS use? Pass/Fail? I haven't seen anything about laptop requirements, either. I assume that EVMS does use digital teaching techniques, powerpoint presentations, etc. Is there a specific laptop model, or perhaps category (tablet vs conventional) that students use?

Thanks

thediamondmaker said:
What grading system does EVMS use? Pass/Fail? I haven't seen anything about laptop requirements, either. I assume that EVMS does use digital teaching techniques, powerpoint presentations, etc. Is there a specific laptop model, or perhaps category (tablet vs conventional) that students use?

Thanks

Pass/Fail with High Pass and Honors.

They do have powerpoints of most/all lectures available for download, but a laptop is not required.

Hi you guys,
Like the previous poster, grading is H, HP, P and F and in most classes it is a preset mark. For example, in anatomy I think 92-100 is honors (usually 10% of the class), 85-92 is high pass (~20%) and 70-85 is pass. They can always lower the requirements for H and HP , but they will never raise it. I think over half of our class got honors and high pass is cell biology. Laptops are definitely not required. I bought one, but I only use it do schoolwork on my couch in front of the TV :oops: I think 4-5 people in our class regularly bring their laptops. I would recommend a semi good computer since it gets annoying having to wait for all the powerpoints to download. Also, about housing, I live about 10 minutes away from campus and I love it. None of the downtown traffic and rent is a lot cheaper. I don't think parking is bad at all. I think there's only been one instance when I really had problems finding a spot. There are def perks to living close. There are sometimes 1-2 hour breaks bet/ classes and I have often wished I could go home and take a quick nap or run home to grab a sweatshirt, snack etc. If anyone else has any questions, feel free to post them or PM me. Congrats to everyone for getting in and make sure to enjoy your summer!! :)

Dr Jboo said:
Hi you guys,
Like the previous poster, grading is H, HP, P and F and in most classes it is a preset mark. For example, in anatomy I think 92-100 is honors (usually 10% of the class), 85-92 is high pass (~20%) and 70-85 is pass. They can always lower the requirements for H and HP , but they will never raise it. I think over half of our class got honors and high pass is cell biology. Laptops are definitely not required. I bought one, but I only use it do schoolwork on my couch in front of the TV :oops: I think 4-5 people in our class regularly bring their laptops. I would recommend a semi good computer since it gets annoying having to wait for all the powerpoints to download. Also, about housing, I live about 10 minutes away from campus and I love it. None of the downtown traffic and rent is a lot cheaper. I don't think parking is bad at all. I think there's only been one instance when I really had problems finding a spot. There are def perks to living close. There are sometimes 1-2 hour breaks bet/ classes and I have often wished I could go home and take a quick nap or run home to grab a sweatshirt, snack etc. If anyone else has any questions, feel free to post them or PM me. Congrats to everyone for getting in and make sure to enjoy your summer!! :)
These posts are why sdn is so helpful. Thanks for the advice Dr Jboo and feel free to chime in at any point! :)

Has anyone received their financial aid package yet?

I am still waiting. Hmm....

But, the wife and I are going to Norfolk the week-end of the 12th to look at some apartments. Will get you guys some pics. We are using cooke and neff, craig's list, etc and are setting up some appointments.

sparkyur said:
Has anyone received their financial aid package yet?

I am still waiting. Hmm....

But, the wife and I are going to Norfolk the week-end of the 12th to look at some apartments. Will get you guys some pics. We are using cooke and neff, craig's list, etc and are setting up some appointments.
My understanding was that they didn't do the financial aid packages until after May 15. That might be the scholarships though...

I read a couple of good books.

1) The House of God by Dr. Shem. It is about the travails of a group of interns at BMS (pseudonym for HMS); a work of pseudo-fiction based on his and his fellow interns survival of intern year. It was funny and pretty insightful. My father in law gave it to me and thought that all med students should read it.

2) Also, The Sign and the Seal. It is about a journalist's search for the lost Ark of the Covenant. I am not really religious, but find the Old Testament and archaelogy stuff pretty cool. Kind of like a new-age Indiana Jones.

One funny ass movie was Super Troopers.

Anyway, I am trying to bide my time with reading, movie watching, and packing since I just finished my masters.

Depakote said:
My understanding was that they didn't do the financial aid packages until after May 15. That might be the scholarships though...

So...should I have done my financial aid stuff by now? I did the FAFSA, but that's it so far. Looking at the website I saw that there was a May 1st deadline for scholarships, etc., but I wasn't sure if that is for current students or not. I have tried calling the EVMS financial aid office but it has gone straight to voicemail now for several days running.

Do the current students find that the approved budget that the school will set you up with is sufficient? It seems that it depends on where the school is located - the students I spoke with at ECU, located way out in the middle of nowhere, said they had plenty of money in the school's allotment, but the students at UNC laughed at the suggestion that they could make ends meet on the school budget and said that they all had to take out additional funds. I wonder how Norfolk compares from a cost of living point of view?

thediamondmaker said:
So...should I have done my financial aid stuff by now? I did the FAFSA, but that's it so far. Looking at the website I saw that there was a May 1st deadline for scholarships, etc., but I wasn't sure if that is for current students or not. I have tried calling the EVMS financial aid office but it has gone straight to voicemail now for several days running.

Get the Financial Aid info in NOW.

thediamondmaker said:

Do the current students find that the approved budget that the school will set you up with is sufficient? It seems that it depends on where the school is located - the students I spoke with at ECU, located way out in the middle of nowhere, said they had plenty of money in the school's allotment, but the students at UNC laughed at the suggestion that they could make ends meet on the school budget and said that they all had to take out additional funds. I wonder how Norfolk compares from a cost of living point of view?

I would also get it all in ASAP. Scholarship form, VTAG application if you're a VA resident, and everything else.

But I would actually like to know a little more also regarding your question if the budget the school sets you up with is sufficient? Also, I would assume, like most schools, that aid is in the form of mostly loans? I do wish we got the financial aid statements earlier but if I get more aid as a result of the wait then I'm all for it! As far as their tuition goes, it doesn't seem too bad comparatively (as an in-stater). Although I would like to get in on some of that new scholarship $$ they were talking about at preview weekend.

As far as the budget goes, I think its pretty sufficient for instaters, but by no means luxurious. I pretty much worked my budget out to about 1100-1300 a month, but I usually never spend it all. I think at the end of last semester I still had 1500 left over. I know people that live alone have to be a bit more frugal, but I think everyone usually does fine on the amt that EVMS allots us. Out of staters are a different matter but who knows how all that works (not me). About financial aid, definitely get everything in as soon as possible and don't forget to fill out the VTAG form if your an instater. I never understood financial aid the entire time I was applying to school, and I still don't actually. I just filled out all the forms and got my check the first week of school and its all seemed to work out since then. Hope that helps a little!

Note: The following is a reply to Sparky's post from like 2 days ago. Why I did not submit it then, I have no idea.

So, first, the actual relevant part of this post:
I would fax in your financial aid form and non-filer form if applicable, along with your parents' or your 2005 federal tax return, whichever makes sense in your situation. I caught Michelle Byers on the phone yesterday and that's what she told me to do. What is VTAG? Where do I find this mysterious document? :confused:

Now, the original irrelevant part:
Okay, I am about to make the first negative comment on this board, and I do so with great ambivalence... but... I didn't like the House of God. There! I said it! I'm so sorry Sparky! :)

But I must say the comment I always hear about it was that it described intern year pretty well, except that interns don't have anywhere near that much sex. And the word turfing is totally still used. I recommend, in addition to the House of God, The Intern Blues, which is an extremely depressing, but nonfiction, read about the intern year. But, I don't recommend it to read for fun. Both books made the life of an intern seem really grim to me. That is my completely unsolicited opinion.

A book that did not scare the crap out of me about becoming a doctor was Complications: A Surgeon's Notes on an Imperfect Science by Atul Gawande. But it's a different sort of read about medicine than the previous two books. It's like some ruminations on general topics in medicine, not a story. A biography I liked and thought was funny was Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman! about the physicist.

DP, I second your sentiments on both the House of God and Complications, with the latter being much more worth the read if you want to get excited about medicine rather than question your decision to take this path.

Any of yall into running? I just ran in a half marathon here in Nashville and got sucked into pre-registering for the Virginia Beach half marathon on labor day weekend. It is supposed to be really cool with lots of bands along the course and free admission to a concert that night (i think last year was Journey but they have had others like counting crows and live).

by the way, i watched Life of Brian (Monty Python) last night and it was pretty hilarious.

Don't Panic said:
Note: The following is a reply to Sparky's post from like 2 days ago. Why I did not submit it then, I have no idea.

So, first, the actual relevant part of this post:
I would fax in your financial aid form and non-filer form if applicable, along with your parents' or your 2005 federal tax return, whichever makes sense in your situation. I caught Michelle Byers on the phone yesterday and that's what she told me to do. What is VTAG? Where do I find this mysterious document? :confused:

Here's the link to the page for the VTAG application:

http://www.schev.edu/Students/forms/tagapp.pdf

Hope this is of some help. :) I think I found out from a mailing from the financial aid office a long time ago. Good luck on getting it in. Just in case that link for adobe doesn't work, here's the webpage where I found that link on:

http://www.schev.edu/SCHEVs/formsIndex.asp?from=students#FinancialAid

Good luck on getting them in guys. But remember, as far as I know, the VTAG is only for VA residents. Sorry OOSers. I still luv you all tho! ;)

GC,

Thanks so much! I was very relieved to find that the deadline for VTAG is July 31st and not like two weeks ago, in which case I would have been screwed.

Also, Major League is hilarious.

Yeah, luckily the vtag is something we don't have to get in 6 months before class starts!!

and ... "Are you trying to tell me that Jesus Christ couldn't hit a curveball?"
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
That Joe-Boo (sp?) is great!

Ok. Off the top of my head...

Must Own/See DVD Box sets:
-Robot Chicken Season 1
-Firefly/Serenity

Must Own/See Movies:
-Serenity (above)
-Fight Club
-Legend of Drunken Master
-Full Metal Jacket
-Death To Smoochy

Yesterday an undergrad from UPenn told me that there was an incorrect section on the Physical Sciences section. Something about inorg with answers that were off by a power of 10. She said that others on SDN were freakin'

Sounds pretty bad. I am glad that stuff is behind us.

Anyway, Major League and The Replacements are both good movies, but does anyone watch Monk?

That is the funniest show! What about the X-files? An oldie, but goodie.

sparkyur said:
What about the X-files? An oldie, but goodie.

I have recently developed an obsession with the X-files and whenever I try to discuss them with people they tell me to live in the now. I have seasons 1-3 and I LOVE them. Right now it is my favorite show. So if anyone wants to discuss the finer points of alien abduction (as seen on the X-files), you know who to talk to now.

Don't Panic said:
I have recently developed an obsession with the X-files and whenever I try to discuss them with people they tell me to live in the now. I have seasons 1-3 and I LOVE them. Right now it is my favorite show. So if anyone wants to discuss the finer points of alien abduction (as seen on the X-files), you know who to talk to now.

Somehow, I'm not surprised.