Eastern Virginia Med Class of 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yay, I'm in my new house :)
Portsmouth is not great, but the price was right ;)

BTW did Anyone get there financial aid info yet

Members don't see this ad.

On a side note, Does anyone know of a store that sells "speciality" dog food?
Our dog has all sorts of weird allergies and we can't give him most of the major labels. Thanks.

has anyone else received a second itinerary in the mail stating the white coat ceremony is now on friday the 18th versus the 16th? sadly, my parent has already booked a flight, and before we start paying penalties, wanted to get confirmation on the change.

thanks classmates! :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
i also got the itinerary change. it says the white coat ceremony is on the 18th at noon.

murphomatic said:
BTW did Anyone get there financial aid info yet

Congrats on the move and that's a no on the fin aid info.
I will also confirm the change. At least, that's what my letter says too.

ghostchild said:
Congrats on the move and that's a no on the fin aid info.
I will also confirm the change. At least, that's what my letter says too.

Hey, I'm in town too! But not at this very moment. Unfortunately, this guy robbed the apartment underneath mine, and when a neighbor put a flashlight in the window to see what all the noise was, the robber jumped out the back window, and landed on my A/C unit and broke it. So I'm hanging out at my parents' since they have A/C and it is very very hot in Norfolk right now.

Okay so I dropped off my VTAG application a few weeks ago... and I asked when the aid packages would be out, and they said the second week of August. Which maybe I was talking to someone who had no idea what they were talking about. But I think the wait may be quite a bit longer.

bikedoc1021 said:
i also got the itinerary change. it says the white coat ceremony is on the 18th at noon.

No big deal, Its not like my parents are flying in from colorado. Oh wait, they are. Not Cool :mad:

not a thing from financial aid. and they won't return my e-mails or phone calls. either they are busy working on our packages or hate us asking when they are going to give us money.

I talked to them today. I think they are definitely sick of hearing from us about this, but they were still pleasant on the phone.

She said that they will go out next week. I think I might try to go and pick mine up rather than having them sent anywhere, if that's a possibility.

did they say when next week? i'm moving down to norfolk on thursday morning so i'm wondering if maybe i should go pick mine up as well if it's at all possible.

We are finally in Norfolk! And thrilled to be here. So...are people hanging out or what?

Members don't see this ad :)
We should totally hang out. I just got here today (Sunday), and I'm working on setting up my place. I think we should either go to a bar one night in Ghent and eat dinner and have a beer or two, or meet up at someone's house. I live in the Hague Club, and if my 2nd year roommate doesn't mind, a couple people can come over if they want. I'm anxious to meet everyone, honestly.

If my oft-faulty memory serves me correctly, someone mentioned that they wouldn't mind having a couple classmates over or something. If that's the case, let's do this. If you're interested, PM me or something, and I'll give you my number. I'm thinking later in the week, like Wednesday.

thediamondmaker said:
We are finally in Norfolk! And thrilled to be here. So...are people hanging out or what?

not yet, still dealing with the insane amount of work involved in moving 2000 miles. We (my wife, dog, and I) are almost done :D

If anyone wants to have a little swaray (sp?) PM me.

Hey guys. I'm an incoming M1 and I'm driving to Norfolk right now (currently in Kansas). If anyone out there is looking for a roommate, PM me. Thanks!

Can't wait to meet you all next week! :horns:

Wanted to know if anyone wants to get together Thursday'ish around 2pm?

I was thinking No Frill bar at 806 Spotswood Ave, 627-4262 for a couple of beers, or Fair Grounds at 806 Baldwin Ave, 640-2899 for some coffee.

Any takers?

If there is interest let me know.

any news on the financial aid front? my two emails and two phone messages have not been answered in the last two days so i'm beginning to get worried. on a better note...i'll be in Norfolk on Thursday so if anyone wants to grab a beer that night, let me know.

man, i wish i were going to be there to hang out and have a beer with you guys...

Lucas,
Glad to see you found a place. I'll probably hit you up from time to time to see how things are going. Good luck with everything.

Gray

I, too, am wishing I was there to join in on the fun, but I'm also happy with how things are going now, so no complaints.

Just out of curiosity, did anyone purchase a computer for school and if so, what kind (desktop, laptop, or tablet)? I know someone has asked this earlier in the thread, but I was just curious to know what everyone chose to do since laptops aren't required.

Have fun down there, the weather is gorgeous! I was down in Virginia Beach this past weekend and it was fantastic. :)

just to let everyone know...i heard back from Kim Botdorf today and she told me that my financial aid award letter should be ready by tomorrow afternoon and that I could come by the office to pick it up. I don't know if that goes for everyone, but I thought I should give ya'll a heads up.

sparkyur said:

I was thinking No Frill bar at 806 Spotswood Ave, 627-4262 for a couple of beers, or Fair Grounds at 806 Baldwin Ave, 640-2899 for some coffee.

Any takers?

If there is interest let me know.

I'd be up for an afternoon beer or two. Thursday at 2 sounds perfect.

sparkyur said:

I'd love to grab a beer with y'all but I'm not free until around 430... poo. Does anyone want to go out a little later? :)

My wife has some job interviews earlier in the day and afternoon, so how about 5pm at No Frills?

No pressure. We will be there then for dinner anyway, since I heard it was pretty good and affordable. Pop in when you have time.

PS: My wife is a tall blonde and I will be wearing a red U. of Arkansas baseball cap.

See you guys then!

Sparky

hey everybody! i am an incoming m1 and unfortunately, i am still looking for housing. If anybody still needs a roommate, send me a message. I am looking for a place within walking distance and hoping to spend $550-$650 on rent. I will be in norfolk on friday to look at various places. look forward to meeting everyone!

hey guys! i'm finally in norfolk and trying to get my place situated. anyone gonna be in town want to grab a beer tomorrow? let me know...864-525-4425

kenny

For those looking for housing, specifically apartments, I would recommend Belmont at Freemason in downtown Norfolk VA.