E-submitted/Verified/Mailed thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm sending in my app soon.. hopefully, does pharmcas need to verify it in order to get an interview invite?

Schools have the option of viewing your pharmcas app the minute you E submit, however most schools will not process and review your application for an interview decision until your app has been verified and mailed.

Members don't see this ad.

Hopefully it doesn't take too long to verify.

Submitted: 8/9
Verified : 8/10
Mailed the following Monday.

I was shocked about how quickly it got verified but I called and pharmcas said it rarely happens but everything is correct on my application. I felt so blessed. I got supps right away and started working on them ASAP. But didn't have time to study for my September pcat. Lol. Oh well. I still managed to get into pharm school tho!

Harding U - Accepted
Midwestern U, CCP - Accepted
Shenandoah U -Alternate List
U of Charleston - waiting reply
Roseman U - coming
Invited interviews but declined: Pacific U, Samford, California Northstate, Touro NY, Sullivan, Regis, New England

SDN Mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay here's the final tally:

E-submitted: 10/14/12
Verified: 11/10/12
Mailed: 11/14/12

Submitted 10/19
Verified 11/14 :D it's been a long wait, but my gpa was higher than I thought it'd be so I am so happy.

Submitted 10/21
Verified 11/14

Wohoo! Hopefully it gets mailed in the next few days.
Anyone knows what "mailed" means? Like are they actually going to mail a hard copy to the schools or is it just a fancier term for sending the application electronically?

Submitted 10/21
Verified 11/14

Anyone knows what "mailed" means? Like are they actually going to mail a hard copy to the schools or is it just a fancier term for sending the application electronically?

I remembered it was physical snail mail. I'd call Pharmcas and ask but im pretty sure its actually physical. But schools have electronic access to your application the minute you e submit.

E-Submitted: 10/22
Verified: 11/15

Holidays are coming up so I don't know how much it will slow the process down?

I e-submitted yesterday, how long will it take for me to start receiving notifications of supplementals?

I remembered it was physical snail mail. I'd call Pharmcas and ask but im pretty sure its actually physical. But schools have electronic access to your application the minute you e submit.

Even if you haven't payed yet?

I e-submitted yesterday, how long will it take for me to start receiving notifications of supplementals?

most schools have their supplemental apps up on their websites already. You should start doing it now.

I didn't get any notifications of supplementals from the schools I applied to, but there were still supplementals on the school websites. You should definitely check.

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay, so it's okay to start doing the supps? I'll get working on them..

E-submitted: 10/20
Transcript received: 10/23
Verified: 11/16

Submitted 10/21
Verified 11/14

The PharmCAs Instructions & FAQs section says that the apps are electronically mailed.

Link:https://portal.pharmcas.org/applicants2013/faq/pcas_status.shtml
Copied from site:

"Applications are electronically mailed by PharmCAS to the schools twice each week. The mailed date is available by logging into your PharmCAS application and clicking on Pharmacy Designations in the Status box."

E-submitted:9/27
Final transcript in:10/23
Verified:11/16

One letter of rec in, hopefully the other in soon. Anyone ever get supplementals without all letters of rec mailed?

Most schools already have their supplemental apps on their website.

My pharmcas GPA is a whole 0.3 lower than my school calculated undergraduate GPA.:oops:
It's weird. Mine is exactly the same, but Pharmcas is counting an F from my transfer institution that my school isn't...I'm not gonna question them though.

It's weird. Mine is exactly the same, but Pharmcas is counting an F from my transfer institution that my school isn't...I'm not gonna question them though.

thats what its supposed to do, every school has different rules when it comes to retaking classes. in order to make everything fair, pharmcas counts all grades regardless of what policies your previous schools may have had!

Rxelle. Your pharmcas GPA is USUALLY lower than your school GPA esp. if you retook classes. Pharmcas USES ALL GRADES (retakes and all other grades) to find your GPA while your school maybe only use your highest grade.

Rxelle. Your pharmcas GPA is USUALLY lower than your school GPA esp. if you retook classes. Pharmcas USES ALL GRADES (retakes and all other grades) to find your GPA while your school maybe only use your highest grade.
I know. Which is why I was expecting my Pharmcas to be lower than my school GPA. However, it is the same. There's only one class I've retaken. I think I know what Pharmcas did- average the grades, and count it as three credits.

I know. Which is why I was expecting my Pharmcas to be lower than my school GPA. However, it is the same. There's only one class I've retaken. I think I know what Pharmcas did- average the grades, and count it as three credits.

Is that what they do? Average and then count it as such credits? Not all credits like 8 units for repeating a 4 unit class

Sent from my SGH-T989 using SDN Mobile

Submitted: 10/29
Verified: 11/27

It was a long wait, but now the real waiting game begins! I'm soo excited!

e-submitted 10/30
verified today!! yay! 11/28

and the page refreshing game continues...

I e-submitted on 10/31..so it seems from the previous few posts mine should be verified tomorrow! :xf:

Do you get your gpa after it's verified?

So I e-submitted on 10/31(2 schools) and 11/3 (5 more) and my latest transcripts were sent 11/16 (summer course) and 11/20(primary university). I thought I would atleast be verified on 11/29 but it wasn't. Will it be verified by the date I e-submitted or by the date my last transcript was sent?

So I e-submitted on 10/31(2 schools) and 11/3 (5 more) and my latest transcripts were sent 11/16 (summer course) and 11/20(primary university). I thought I would atleast be verified on 11/29 but it wasn't. Will it be verified by the date I e-submitted or by the date my last transcript was sent?

Probably around your last transcript

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SDN Mobile

anyone that submitted on 11/1 get verified yet?

I e-submitted 10/28 (all transcripts were in) and it was verified by 11/26 and sent by 11/28 if that's any reference since the e-submission date is so close to yours.

Submitted: 11/3
Verified: 12/4
Shouldn't it be mailed today since its a Wednesday?

This has probably been answered, but can schools see any of your information before Pharmcas verifies and mails it? I know schools can see the academic update immediately, before verification.

e-submitted 10/30
still not verified :(

pharmcas mis-scanned one of my community college transcripts and designated it the wrong school code and so i called late october to verify that they had received a transcript from each school, but the person didn't change the school code. thought it'd be okay bc the code it was assigned was for the umbrella university system. apparently, it was SO NOT OKAY. i checked back a few times a week and there was no change in my status and finally, last week there was an update and it said that my transcripts were incomplete. so i called them and they said it was a mistake on their end and they fixed it...and now it says the transcript was received 11/30 even though they originally received it 10/15. i should've been more vigilant i guess.. but yeah IM NEVER GONNA GET VERIFIED :( :( :( :(

(sorry for all of the run-ons and overdramaticness :p)

e-submitted 10/30
still not verified :(

pharmcas mis-scanned one of my community college transcripts and designated it the wrong school code and so i called late october to verify that they had received a transcript from each school, but the person didn't change the school code. thought it'd be okay bc the code it was assigned was for the umbrella university system. apparently, it was SO NOT OKAY. i checked back a few times a week and there was no change in my status and finally, last week there was an update and it said that my transcripts were incomplete. so i called them and they said it was a mistake on their end and they fixed it...and now it says the transcript was received 11/30 even though they originally received it 10/15. i should've been more vigilant i guess.. but yeah IM NEVER GONNA GET VERIFIED :( :( :( :(

(sorry for all of the run-ons and overdramaticness :p)

Should i email them to see why mine isn't verified? Did they contract you about the problem?

Should i email them to see why mine isn't verified? Did they contract you about the problem?

mmm just check over every part of your app (LOR, transcripts, etc) to make sure there weren't any problems with them. if it's been more than 5 weeks, i'd call and ask them if there are any issues. better to be safe than sorry!

This has probably been answered, but can schools see any of your information before Pharmcas verifies and mails it? I know schools can see the academic update immediately, before verification.

before verification, schools can see everything except your GPA>

I guess they verify on weekends lol. Submitted on 11/14.
Verified on 12/9
To be mailed tomorrow 12/10

I submitted on the 14th also! Hopefully tomorrow i'll see something!

I submitted a little after midnight on 14th

E-Submitted: 11/8
Transcript: 11/13
Verified: N/A

(frowns) I hate this waiting game. I e-submitted a day before you, and I am still waiting on my verification. Everything else is in

Last edited: