drug testing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tiger45

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
To make a long story short:

1) I was commissioned as an officer in the military (HPSP)
2) mistakenly ate a pot brownie last night
3) freaked out big time
4) went to the emergency rm (in retrospect, that wasnt a great idea)
5) tested positive

Make question is, will the military find out about this? The hospital has my records. I don't know what to do at this point! Should I call my recruiter (cut my losses)?

Members don't see this ad.

What is your name and where do you attend school? I will ask around and see if anyone has heard anything yet. I have a couple patients that are MPs that could look into it for you. Also, did you make the brownies?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do HPSP applicants get drug tested at MEPS? I don't really have anything to worry about I think, but I would like to know if that's part of the physical that takes place.

Thanks!

I just went to MEPS last Wednesday. There is a breathalyzer, and they gather urine and blood. I believe I read somewhere that hair samples can reveal pot use in the distant past (as far back as the length of the hair), but there were no hair samples taken.

I'm sorry Tiger45, but this just makes me laugh. How to you mistakenly eat a loaded Brownie!? You've got to explain this one to us!

Best of luck!