PHA drug test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

throwawayyy

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please no judgment or words of criticism on this post

For the periodic health examination our we required to take a drug test for part II?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

For the periodic health examination our we required to take a drug test for part II?

Thanks.
if you are in the service and you take any illegal substance you are risking your entire career along with any other penalties that may stack on top of it

you have to ask yourself if drugs are worth it

Members don't see this ad :)
My Command has at least one random test a month covering a minimum of 40% of personnel, and you can pretty much count on covering 100% after a long holiday period. Peeing positive will absolutely wreck your career. There will be no mercy.

Big Hoss

We had it at least 3 times a week hitting about 10% each time.

If you want to go instantly into massive, immediately repayable debt when they kick you out of the military, then keep doing drugs.

And any drug convictions or drug related discharges will also forever complicate your ability to become licensed as a civilian.

Reactions: 1 users

Thanks.

Generally no. +1 to the comments above regarding the pitfalls of substance abuse.
This is outside of the military landscape but many state licensing boards have programs where if you come forward and admit that you have a problem some grace will be extended to you. I seem to remember them extending immunity as long as you complete treatment.
Admittedly, I don't know all the details. A lot more is at stake in your life than career or licensure if you're abusing.

Last edited:
The military typically has substance abuse programs that can be utilized IF you come forward asking for help (not after you piss hot). I personally know an Army dentist who came forward with a substance abuse problem and he was allowed to go to rehab and continue working once everyone felt comfortable with his progress. If you need some help, get it now!