dress code?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medstud2006

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello
I am presenting for the first time at the American Society of Hematology conference. Only a poster, no oral presentation. What is the dress code? Should I wear a suit? I should add that there are going to be a few IM program directors at the conference that I would like to impress. I don't however, want to be the only person in a suit.

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello
I am presenting for the first time at the American Society of Hematology conference. Only a poster, no oral presentation. What is the dress code? Should I wear a suit? I should add that there are going to be a few IM program directors at the conference that I would like to impress. I don't however, want to be the only person in a suit.

thanks!
Congrats on the poster.

I've done podium and poster presentations at regional and international conferences. from what I've seen, you can get away with just a nice shirt and tie for the poster, but no one notice you if you go with the full suit.

For visual examples, check out the JEGM '06 website, click on 2006 photos, and look at Thursday and Friday. Page through and you'll get a good idea of what people wear to poster sessions.

FYI, a suit and tie is appropriate for a podium.