This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah txst won’t contact until November, maybe late October. And interviews won’t be until December. The interviews will be in round rock. At the new PT campus.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Just received my acceptance from UNTHSC via phone call this morning!!! I think I will be cancelling my interview at Tech that's scheduled for Friday (since the only other schools I want to go to are UTHSCSA and TWU). Anyone have an opinion on this? Not sure if I should still go if I now have a great backup.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just received my acceptance from UNTHSC via phone call this morning!!! I think I will be cancelling my interview at Tech that's scheduled for Friday (since the only other schools I want to go to are UTHSCSA and TWU). Anyone have an opinion on this? Not sure if I should still go if I now have a great backup.

Congratulations! I have an interview with UNTHSC on Friday. Do you mind sharing your interview experience or any tips?

*Update*

Thank you all for sharing your application experience and stats. Here are mine:

Undergrad Texas Tech University: Bachelor's of Arts in English/Sociology
Overall GPA: 3.3
Last 60 Hours: 3.8-3.9
Pre-req: 3.8-3.9

GRE: 154V 151Q 4.0W
Experience: Over 100 hours inpatient/outpatient settings.
President of College Fraternity. President and Dean list
Currently an English Teacher.

Applying: UNT and TWU (I am only applying to Dallas schools because my wife is in SLP school at TWU).
Rejected: UNT (10/14/17)
Waitlist: TWU (Dec)
Accepted: TBD

I have yet to hear from any schools. I see that UNT has started interviewing and offering acceptances. TWU's application deadline just approached on 10/16 - and I don't think they notify students till December. Wish me luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
If you want to cancel, go ahead! If tech isn't at the top of your list as compared to UNTHSC, then it's not worth your time. It also opens up an interview spot to someone else! Congrats on your acceptance!

Reactions: 2 users
Congratulations! I have an interview with UNTHSC on Friday. Do you mind sharing your interview experience or any tips?
The interview was VERY laid back. You hang out with the first years a lot, which I found to be a good thing since you can ask them a ton of questions. You're split into groups of 3. This just determines who will interview first. It was a 2 on 1 interview, which was a staff member and a first year. They'll both ask you questions. Some of mine were: name a time you faced a conflict and how it was resolved, what is your biggest weakness, how did you find interest in PT, what would you consider success as a DPT student. Research the faculty because they will be interviewing you! If you can connect with a faculty, you're in. We also did a tour with the first years and had a faculty panel and separate student panel. Great environment, I felt very welcomed!

I got in to Tech!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys! Ive been reading these posts for a couple of years now in anticipation for when I would apply, so I figured I'll reply too!
My stats are as follows:
Texas State University
Overall:4.0
Pre-req:4.0
GRE: 155V, 148Q, 4AW

Schools I've already applied to:TXST, UTHSCSA, UTMB (top choice-UTHSCA)
UNT, UIW

Hours: 800+( OP ortho, geriatrics, pediatrics, neuro, metabolic)
Volunteer:Around 100 hrs in non pt settings

EC: Several clubs (just involvement, no leadership), Worked as a PT tech my last two years of school

Honors and Awards: Deans List, Honors College, Several scholarships

Interviews: UTMB (11/3), UTHSCSA (12/1), TXSTATE (12/4)

Accepted:UTHSCSA (12/3), TXSTATE (12/13)

Rejected:UNT (w/o interview-11/28)

Waitlisted: UTMB (11/7)

Last edited:
Hey guys! Ive been reading these posts for a couple of years now in anticipation for when I would apply, so I figured I'll reply too!
My stats are as follows:
Texas State University
Overall:4.0
Pre-req:4.0
GRE: 155V, 148Q, 4AW

Schools I've already applied to:TXST, UTHSCSA, UTMB (top choice-UTHSCA)
Schools I will be applying to in the upcoming weeks: UNT, UTSW, UIW

Hours: 800+( OP ortho, geriatrics, pediatrics, neuro, metabolic)
Volunteer:Around 100 hrs in non pt settings

EC: Several clubs (just involvement, no leadership), Worked as a PT tech my last two years of school

Honors and Awards: Deans List, Honors College, Several scholarships

Interviews: UTMB (11/3)

Accepted

Rejected:

Waitlisted:
I think you have a really great shot! And I’m at txstate too! I’m ralph!

I think you have a really great shot! And I’m at txstate too! I’m ralph!
Its nice to meet you! I'm doing my internship this semester, so I'm not in San Marcos anymore.

Members don't see this ad :)
They did not ask me anything about APTA or direct access. But they did ask me about my strengths and weaknesses, why I wanted to go to UTMB and pursue PT, typical questions like that. It was not a very long interview and it was real laid back. There is a student led discussion, a writing portion, and then a tour. Good luck to you, I am sure it will go great! :)

What was the writing portion like?

Has anybody heard from TWU yet or know when to expect a response? Last year my friend found out mid October that she got in.

Has anybody heard from TWU yet or know when to expect a response? Last year my friend found out mid October that she got in.

According to their online website, TWU does not notify applicants till December 15th.

Got an interview to UTHSCSA !! Rescheduled my utmb one till December

Nice!

Well I'm pumped for ya (and me of course).

Got my fingers crossed, they are far and away my #1

Nice!

Well I'm pumped for ya (and me of course).

Got my fingers crossed, they are far and away my #1

Just received word a few days ago that I got an interview. Hope to see both of y'all there!

:clap:Just received an invitation to Interview at Angelo State on November 11!! Has anyone else heard from them?

:clap:Just received an invitation to Interview at Angelo State on November 11!! Has anyone else heard from them?

Congrats! I have not but I know someone posted on this thread that they did.

Hi, I have an interview with UTMB - Galveston next Friday and I'm freaking out!! Has anybody heard anything about it or have any tips for preparing???

Hi, I have an interview with UTMB - Galveston next Friday and I'm freaking out!! Has anybody heard anything about it or have any tips for preparing???

When did you apply and when did you get the interview invite??

When did you apply and when did you get the interview invite??
I applied September 6 (submitted supplemental form September 12 I think) and I got the interview invite September 21.

Update: Accepted last friday from UIW + relatively sizable scholarship offer!

:)

Still gunning for UTHSCSA this friday though ;)

Update: Accepted last friday from UIW + relatively sizable scholarship offer!

:)

Still gunning for UTHSCSA this friday though ;)
Nice! Yeah tech also offered me a scholarship. Can’t wait for UTHSCSA’s interview! I’m pumped

It was good, only 3 hrs long. Pretty laid back actually. There were 4 portions, an info session(30 mins), the campus tour(about an hr), the individual interview(only 15 mins), an ethical interview (best way I know to describe it-2 mins), and a group interview with around 12 other people about 10 mins. So you don't have a whole lot of time to make an individual impression. Everyone on the campus and the professors and stuff were very nice and inviting. One thing that I think is pretty cool about them is the theres a family vibe between students and professors, so the sense of community is great.

It was good, only 3 hrs long. Pretty laid back actually. There were 4 portions, an info session(30 mins), the campus tour(about an hr), the individual interview(only 15 mins), an ethical interview (best way I know to describe it-2 mins), and a group interview with around 12 other people about 10 mins. So you don't have a whole lot of time to make an individual impression. Everyone on the campus and the professors and stuff were very nice and inviting. One thing that I think is pretty cool about them is the theres a family vibe between students and professors, so the sense of community is great.
Nice!! Was there anything that kind of threw you off guard with the questions?

Nice!! Was there anything that kind of threw you off guard with the questions?
So my interviewer in the individual interview asked me "what would The person who is closest to you say are your strengths and weaknesses". So that kind of threw me because I don't know how that answer would differ from just "what are your strengths and weaknesses" like it seemed that they wanted a less introspective answer. But I'm probably thinking too much into it. The other questions were all typical interview questions like "what is the most important trait for a PT to have" and being asked quickly to sum up why PT is so important. No questions about vision 2020, APTA, direct access or anything like that.

The ethical questions were not very challenging at all.

How about UT Health?

Just got an offer from University of North Texas. Anyone else on this board get an offer and/or accepted the offer?

Actually just had an interview there today
Well shoot, I'm hoping that I hear back from them soon. I'm not sure if its related but I did submit my application on the deadline, and I'm out of state as well.
But congrats on the interview!

Has anyone heard from Texas state or know when we may hear from them for interviews?

Just got an offer from University of North Texas. Anyone else on this board get an offer and/or accepted the offer?
I received an offer from UNTHSC on Friday via email and accepted.