Do I have a chance with Podiatry?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PreMed1314

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently in the beginning of undergrad for my bachelor's in University studies. I have previously taken a Mortuary Science one year fast track program that was only nationally accredited (but accredited by the ABFSE so it counted) and I graduated and am licensed as a Funeral Director/Embalmer. Due to my living situations and a disgusting breakup, I really messed up and since I had 12 classes a week and four quarters of this plus multiple labs, my ultimate GPA is about a 2.5 and the sciences the same. This was an A.A.S. but I am completely restarting for a bachelor's with BYU Idaho. I don't know if ill be able to bring that science or cumulative GPA up high enough even if I get a 4.0 with a 4 year degree. What do you think and will I maybe have a chance? I have shadowed 500 hours and worked as a CNA in a Colo-rectal urology unit for 2 years. I wont apply for several years. Only taken a practice MCAT of 510

Members don't see this ad.

You've got 4 years. Come back when you're done.

Work hard. Shadow so you know what you're getting into.

Use the degree to prove to programs you have the study skills and discipline to do well. They'll overlook your previous GPA only if you can prove you've turned over a new leaf.

Get your living situation and relationship sorted out before starting. If you don't fix things that screwed you in the beginning, you will suffer again.

You've got 4 years. Come back when you're done.

Work hard. Shadow so you know what you're getting into.

Use the degree to prove to programs you have the study skills and discipline to do well. They'll overlook your previous GPA only if you can prove you've turned over a new leaf.

Get your living situation and relationship sorted out before starting. If you don't fix things that screwed you in the beginning, you will suffer again.
Agree with this.

I worked as a CNA at a hospital and graduated from high school 5 years ago. And you'd be surprised how hard Mortuary School was especially an advanced one year program. Yes. A 510 on a practice MCAT. Not sure why this is so hard to believe

Last edited by a moderator: