##--DMU Class Of 2010--## part 02

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4 <--------------- WATCH THIS NOW (unless you get offended waaaay too easily)

To anyone who hasn't already seen this, you really owe it to yourself to watch. In case you need these hot beats on your iPod, here's a program that you can use to convert this from a Youtube video to an MP3: http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/products/dvd/Free-YouTube-to-MP3-Converter.htm

Merry ChristmaHanuKwanzaka everyone :smuggrin:

Hahaha..."when Bruce Willis was dead at the end of Sixth Sense...."

Nice.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dear DMU class of 2010,

You know I love you baby but why did you have go and give me herphepclamydia? You told me I was your first baby but that was a lie, wasn't it? I feel so betrayed but yet...so turned on. Please call me back baby!

Jamers.

Hi,
I got accepted at DMU for the class of 2013. Do you guys always go to the classes? If I skip, can I study by myself using the ppt slides and audio tape? How is the audio made available?
Thanks!

Hi,
I am accepted into class of 2013. I am curious to know what the general consensus is on where the 4th yr. rotations are the best.
Thaks!

Did anyone else see some of the latest information posted in the announcements portion of the Portal where it says that DMU is looking into starting up optometry and OT programs??? I think there are a number of more important things DMU could be spending money on (mainly it's DO program) before it stretches its resources even further. Not to mention, where do you think that money is coming from - us.

I think DMU will potentially be spreading itself much too thin, hurting the DO program more than any other.

Did anyone else see some of the latest information posted in the announcements portion of the Portal where it says that DMU is looking into starting up optometry and OT programs??? I think there are a number of more important things DMU could be spending money on (mainly it's DO program) before it stretches its resources even further. Not to mention, where do you think that money is coming from - us.

I think DMU will potentially be spreading itself much too thin, hurting the DO program more than any other.

Did you see they gross like 155 million???? Yeah some OB rotations in Iowa would be nice.

Must be "what's your gripe day".....or maybe it's just too much peds surg for me. But does anyone else think that logging every damn thing you did with a patient is a waste of time? The catalog is incomplete so you can never find what your looking for and by the time I have logged my 10-15 pts in a day, I'm wasted. I'm just pissed because the portal entry page for my rotation has been down and I have been unable to post pts. That means I have almost 2 weeks of pts to enter. LIVIN THE DREAM BABY!!!!!

feel much better now....now back to congenital aganglionic megacolon.
dj, i really need to drop the boyz this week!

Must be "what's your gripe day".....or maybe it's just too much peds surg for me. But does anyone else think that logging every damn thing you did with a patient is a waste of time? The catalog is incomplete so you can never find what your looking for and by the time I have logged my 10-15 pts in a day, I'm wasted. I'm just pissed because the portal entry page for my rotation has been down and I have been unable to post pts. That means I have almost 2 weeks of pts to enter. LIVIN THE DREAM BABY!!!!!

feel much better now....now back to congenital aganglionic megacolon.
dj, i really need to drop the boyz this week!

Hey man, my portal page is working fine. Have you talked to IT about this???

They do need to update this. I think if I see 15 patients, all the same age, color and diagnosis I should be able to just enter in one and have that count 15 times. Otherwise it gets annoying.

Hey man, my portal page is working fine. Have you talked to IT about this???

They do need to update this. I think if I see 15 patients, all the same age, color and diagnosis I should be able to just enter in one and have that count 15 times. Otherwise it gets annoying.
agreed x 10000000

gotta keep the numbers up so good ole DMU stays accredited ...

I guess Optometry is the latest cash cow; will that program borrow from Obama's presidential slogan when it graduates its first class? "A Change (in Corrective Lens Prescription) We Can Believe In"

agreed x 10000000

gotta keep the numbers up so good ole DMU stays accredited ...

I guess Optometry is the latest cash cow; will that program borrow from Obama's presidential slogan when it graduates its first class? "A Change (in Corrective Lens Prescription) We Can Believe In"

Are we really getting a school of Optometry?? Where are they planning on fitting this?

Oh just so everyone knows: we are REQUIRED to come back to DMU for graduation unless we have a waiver from the Dean. Since this isn't in our budgets for next year (I checked) start saving up now so you can come back and sit for 2 hours.

Members don't see this ad :)
UNI going all the way, 2009 National champions baby WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14 months...

Any info on the Class of 2009 Match List? Little early, yes, but DMU should have it all.

UNI....apparently not going all the way.

Yea, my bracket is ruined... well not quite, but it would have been if 'nova had lost to American U tonight! That was a wild game.

I'd be interested in seeing a match list too. Come to think of it, I'd also like to see some info on our board scores from this past summer - they should have that by now right?

http://www.dmu.edu/com/residencies/

It should be here for the general public. I don't remember how long it took last year, but I seem to remember it wasn't too snappy. Maybe you guys will find out before it goes live on the site.

Average scores are [almost] official. From Dr. Mueller:

"The best I can compute is that the average COMLEX I score of your class is about 524. That's unofficial. We won't receive official results &#8216;til July or August.

The official results for the past 6 years are as follows:"

Class Year 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009

DMU average 503 492 516 530 509 520
National avg. 498 502 485 510 490 500

Very nice. Class of 2005, what happened?! Just playing. Who knows what the national average is, but looking at past years, I'm guessing around 500.

I wonder what our usmle step 1 average was? Obviously there's some selection bias with that one, since you don't have to take it.

you're right I'm sure its quite high for that reason and probably higher than some allo schools. the average amongst my peers was around 235 I would guess.
anybody looking to do allo rads in your class? if so have them shoot me a pm - it's obviously best to plan early.

not all acounted for yet

2 urology
8 ortho
2 ent
2 derm
3 radiology
11 anesthesia
2 pm&r
6 general surgery
1 internal med/pediatrics
26 internal med
13 pediatrics
11 ob/gyn
14 emergency medicine
9 psychiatry
1 neuromuscular med
1 pathology
46 family medicine

Last edited:
Anyone here do their surgery at Mercy and have tips for survival? The reviews don't look too promising. :(

Anyone here do their surgery at Mercy and have tips for survival? The reviews don't look too promising. :(

I did my core surgery there last year, I liked it more than I thought I would, but I would recommend doing your best to not be annoying. Just go with the flow, do as you are told, act like you want to be there, and DO NOT complain about anything! It's a tough rotation but you'll be done before you know it. Any more questions feel free to PM me.

Is it legal to buy old exams at DMU? I have seen some ads on the DMU portal and just wondering.

not all acounted for yet

2 urology
8 ortho
2 ent
2 derm
3 radiology
11 anesthesia
2 pm&r
6 general surgery
1 internal med/pediatrics
26 internal med
13 pediatrics
11 ob/gyn
14 emergency medicine
9 psychiatry
1 neuromuscular med
1 pathology
46 family medicine

Any idea where the rads are going? Just curious.......

Any input on the IM post-rotation exam?

Hard? Easy? Fugly?

I find it's much easier to play Call of Duty than it is to study for tests...

Any input on the IM post-rotation exam?

Hard? Easy? Fugly?

I find it's much easier to play Call of Duty than it is to study for tests...

Sorry I missed u pimp daddy...hope you did well.

Speaking of which, the FP final exam is COMPLETE BS. I have an idea, lets take a Harrisons written in chinese, throw it off of a 10 story building, and whatever page it lands on, we'll ask a stupid question from it. Then repeat 60 times. Complete garbage. I am soooooooooooooooo done with FP. I obviously don't have the brain power or the skills. That being said...Psych is next. Help me please! Are we there yet?

dj, I need to drop some of deez

Sorry I missed u pimp daddy...hope you did well.

Speaking of which, the FP final exam is COMPLETE BS. I have an idea, lets take a Harrisons written in chinese, throw it off of a 10 story building, and whatever page it lands on, we'll ask a stupid question from it. Then repeat 60 times. Complete garbage. I am soooooooooooooooo done with FP. I obviously don't have the brain power or the skills. That being said...Psych is next. Help me please! Are we there yet?

dj, I need to drop some of deez

100% agree. We really need SHELF exams at this school. The book you have to use for the exam is also garbage.

I spanked the psych exam so if you want any tips just PM me.

So does anyone know if we'll automatically receive a coin/code from DMU to access the allopathic side of ERAS? Or is there something (similar to taking the USMLE) that we need to do beforehand in order to have access?

jbone,

When are you heading back our direction? Are you still a cutter?

YOU KNOW IT! I'll be there for an "auditon" rotation in October. Be nice to me! Hope you're lovin life right now...but remember it could always be worse. See you soon :thumbup:

If I was a post-rotation exam for surgery, would I be "passable" if the only study tools used were the chapter questions out of Lawrence 3rd ed...?

It's hard to believe we graduate in 10.5 months.

If I was a post-rotation exam for surgery, would I be "passable" if the only study tools used were the chapter questions out of Lawrence 3rd ed...?

It's hard to believe we graduate in 10.5 months.

maybe. ;)

Sooo two random statements:

1) WE ARE ALL DONE BITCHES!!! :love::thumbup::love::thumbup:

2) How much does our schedule suck for next week? I have one thing going on all of Tuesday. Meaning, I have to wake up at 8 am drive to DMFU for an hour of fun then drive home. Sweet. Not like I have the boards to study for or anything...nope.

3rd year....DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup::highfive::soexcited::clap::bow::horns: :claps::banana::biglove: (man, there are a lot of new "smiles")

I am one month away from step 2. Pretty much screwed but does anyone have any advice? I've been hitting B&W, starting crush and was going to do a month of COMBANK. Any advice people? Can't wait to see your sweet aces next week.

i'll talk to you about it jbone this week and we'll hammer out a good plan.

Plan A: Soundman does my exam for me

Plan B: Hope step two is a poorly worded as our end of clinical exams

Plan C: **** myself.

I might eavesdrop on that conversation... I'm two months out and have no plan yet.

I feel bad for the studs like SOUNDMAN who have to come back to campus next week but have already finished PE and Step II... what a waste!

I might eavesdrop on that conversation... I'm two months out and have no plan yet.

I feel bad for the studs like SOUNDMAN who have to come back to campus next week but have already finished PE and Step II... what a waste!

yeah but we get to bask in his glory.
@ soundman: Sounds good big daddy. Remember if you need a place to stay...mi casa es su casa. Probably just ordered a burrito with no beans but you get my drift.
Am I right to assume this week is basically "Pointless" as in not worth anything toward our grades?? I'm looking forward to seeing everyone this week.

stay tan.

yeah but we get to bask in his glory.
@ soundman: Sounds good big daddy. Remember if you need a place to stay...mi casa es su casa. Probably just ordered a burrito with no beans but you get my drift.
Am I right to assume this week is basically "Pointless" as in not worth anything toward our grades?? I'm looking forward to seeing everyone this week.

stay tan.

THat's my question if we've already done this stuff do we need to even really "try", it's not graded or anything right?

THat's my question if we've already done this stuff do we need to even really "try", it's not graded or anything right?

As far as I know, this doesn't count for anything. My own understanding was that they are doing it since a few people failed the PE last year. I wish it was more compact though, I got two things Tuesday, one thing Wednesday, one thing Thursday and two meetings Friday. Pretty much a waste of a week.

As far as I know, this doesn't count for anything. My own understanding was that they are doing it since a few people failed the PE last year. I wish it was more compact though, I got two things Tuesday, one thing Wednesday, one thing Thursday and two meetings Friday. Pretty much a waste of a week.

yep u r correct

1) If you study for much longer than 2 weeks for Step 2, you are freaking crazy. If you did any reading during your third year & have any mind for clinical medicine, you will easily do better than your Step 1 score. There was a lot of OB & Peds on my exam & most people I talked to from my class.

2) The PE is a freaking ridiculous waste of time. I am convinced that they fail random people every year just to make an extra grand from a couple people. I would, however, go out w/ a friend, some extra cash, & a rental car & drive to Atlantic City to do some gambling after the test if I had to do it again.

1) If you study for much longer than 2 weeks for Step 2, you are freaking crazy. If you did any reading during your third year & have any mind for clinical medicine, you will easily do better than your Step 1 score. There was a lot of OB & Peds on my exam & most people I talked to from my class.

2) The PE is a freaking ridiculous waste of time. I am convinced that they fail random people every year just to make an extra grand from a couple people. I would, however, go out w/ a friend, some extra cash, & a rental car & drive to Atlantic City to do some gambling after the test if I had to do it again.

Kritter, you're the man. You warming up my spot there yet? haha! I wish..:oops:

Totally worthless
Totally Pointless
Totally sucked.

It was nice seeing some of you again. But what a waste. Now to FINALLY be able to study for the real thing.

Totally worthless
Totally Pointless
Totally sucked.

It was nice seeing some of you again. But what a waste. Now to FINALLY be able to study for the real thing.
:thumbup:

The only good thing about that week was the SPAL as I didn't know what the PE exam would really be like. The rest of it was just damn annoying.