##--DMU Class Of 2010--## part 02

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
At what percent do you think I can't write a decent question?
A-1%
B-4%
C-30%
D-50%
E-75%
F-77%
G-80%
H-90%
I-100%

Gee...let me think.
Love the Percocet...Cranial will finally make sense :laugh:. The knee is painfull but fine...dj, you know what I need.

Members don't see this ad.

At what percent do you think I can't write a decent question?
A-1%
B-4%
C-30%
D-50%
E-75%
F-77%
G-80%
H-90%
I-100%

Gee...let me think.
Love the Percocet...Cranial will finally make sense :laugh:. The knee is painfull but fine...dj, you know what I need.
What'd you do to the knee?

What'd you do to the knee?

Took out my screws and shaved down the bone a bit. Oh yeah, the meds are great. Halo would be great.....you know what to do.

Members don't see this ad :)
It would be great to start having some information in classes that is actually on the boards. I love DMU but it is time to review the curriculum and adjust accordingly.... (a.k.a hire Goljan to teach everything!:laugh:)

It would be great to start having some information in classes that is actually on the boards. I love DMU but it is time to review the curriculum and adjust accordingly.... (a.k.a hire Goljan to teach everything!:laugh:)
I agree. There's some great info taught here that I'm sure will be on boards. But the amount of unimportant minutiae on some tests is just frustrating and takes up gray matter - which for me is at a premium right now.

This is my biggest complaint as well (aside from test writers writing trick questions - a la OB). It's also why I've nearly checked out for the year in regards to studying for class exams - I'm far more concerned about knowing Board material at this point.

What's even more annoying is when a lecturer tells you something like, "Yeah, that's definitely on the Boards, blah, blah...". He/She is being honest, but they're referring to Step 2, 3, and even beyond, since they have little to no memory of Step 1. How on earth is that useful to us at this point?

Alright, I'll quit being a whiny b1tch.

This is my biggest complaint as well (aside from test writers writing trick questions - a la OB). It's also why I've nearly checked out for the year in regards to studying for class exams - I'm far more concerned about knowing Board material at this point.

What's even more annoying is when a lecturer tells you something like, "Yeah, that's definitely on the Boards, blah, blah...". He/She is being honest, but they're referring to Step 2, 3, and even beyond, since they have little to no memory of Step 1. How on earth is that useful to us at this point?

Alright, I'll quit being a whiny b1tch.

But, isn't this the stuff we need for next year? I mean, they aren't going to ask us which is the only biochemical equation in the human body that produces CO on the wards are they? I guess, along with many other things, this confuses me. It seems like this information is really important to take care of patients in the third and fourth year but it is A) slammed into us like an asteroid hitting the moon and B) pushed aside so we can study for a standardized test. Maybe the whole "one test" fits all theory isn't all its made out to be...

Oh and Jbone, your knees hate you because you are too damn sexy. Man on man love, you know you can't hate it.

But, isn't this the stuff we need for next year? I mean, they aren't going to ask us which is the only biochemical equation in the human body that produces CO on the wards are they? I guess, along with many other things, this confuses me. It seems like this information is really important to take care of patients in the third and fourth year but it is A) slammed into us like an asteroid hitting the moon and B) pushed aside so we can study for a standardized test. Maybe the whole "one test" fits all theory isn't all its made out to be...

Oh and Jbone, your knees hate you because you are too damn sexy. Man on man love, you know you can't hate it.

I think it's because of those exact reasons that you mentioned that I believe it's borderline irrelevant for them to keep shoving it down our throats this year. Isn't that why we do a 3rd and 4th year (among other reasons) - to learn how to actually care for pts. in a clinical setting. The board exams exist (whether we like it or not) and are a major component of our residency application, so it just makes more sense to me to ensure that we perform well on that exam at this point in our education.

So now we have the DxR questions added to this OB/GYN exam? Ok, I'm now confused. I have no idea what is actually on this exam. MP3's and lectures are all mixed up and so am I. Who is driving the bus??

Pills make the pain all go away.......dj, tonight is the night baby! Happy V-day to everyone out there. :love:

So now we have the DxR questions added to this OB/GYN exam? Ok, I'm now confused. I have no idea what is actually on this exam. MP3's and lectures are all mixed up and so am I. Who is driving the bus??

Pills make the pain all go away.......dj, tonight is the night baby! Happy V-day to everyone out there. :love:

I feel like I know less about OB now than before the course started......although I do now know some completely random statistics :idea:

can someone post what is actually on this next exam? I'm a lost puppy in this world.

The organization of this class is ridiculous. Wow.

can someone post what is actually on this next exam? I'm a lost puppy in this world.

The organization of this class is ridiculous. Wow.

Didn't someone send an email out last time before the exam listing what lectures were on it and such? Can someone, who remembers who that is, email and ask them to do it again?

Didn't someone send an email out last time before the exam listing what lectures were on it and such? Can someone, who remembers who that is, email and ask them to do it again?

I already emailed her. She replied that she would TRY to get that to us by Monday. :laugh: (or tuesday)

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an e-mail from Prometric, saying that my Comlex test date has been rescheduled (due to "Technical Issues" at my test site in Cedar Rapids) from June 25th to AUGUST 6TH!

WTF!? That's not happening - pretty sure I can't rotate until I pass COMLEX-I. Anyone else get an e-mail about this? Now I have to try and re-schedule OH JOY!

PS - I have a grade 4 tear "down there" from sitting all day yesterday studying Ob/Gyn-

Explain to me again why we should know some of the &%?@@ that was on that test? Wow.

Was it just me, or were half of the important topics not tested at all?

That was some random crap.

Looks like I'll be taking that optional exam on Thursday... then MASSIVE amounts of gaming on my new HDTV afterwards.

I said to one of the proctors after that test "Why do they make these tests so hard?" And they responded "You think that is hard? Wait until renal HAHAHA." No BS...

I'm ready for spring :(

Does anyone know why our schedule says that Kaplan is "Mandatory"?

BTW, I hope everyone is happy about the new email about our rotations. This place just keeps on getting better and better and better and better...

Does anyone know why our schedule says that Kaplan is "Mandatory"?

BTW, I hope everyone is happy about the new email about our rotations. This place just keeps on getting better and better and better and better...

What I am confused by is that there are only 100 spots in Des Moines so if you go for the Gold so to speak, you might wind up with your 5th choice since there are pretty much no spots in the other areas of Iowa. I really hope I get lucky for once in my freaking life. I would like to give a shout out to all the people who have no reason to stay in Des Moines yet are fighting for it. The shout would start with one of my fingers raised for course. I highly doubt 100 of those people have wives, families, ect. I hate people.

Was it just me, or were half of the important topics not tested at all?

That was some random crap.

Unfortunately, it was not just you. Unless the Renal tests go over a bunch of BS borderline not even taught, yet alone emphasized, I can't imagine how it would be harder. Renal seems kind of like Endocrine where it all at least makes since with one thing following the next.

Let's hope.

There's no way Kaplan is mandatory. I can assure you I won't be attending this weekend, if it makes a difference.

What I am confused by is that there are only 100 spots in Des Moines so if you go for the Gold so to speak, you might wind up with your 5th choice since there are pretty much no spots in the other areas of Iowa. I really hope I get lucky for once in my freaking life. I would like to give a shout out to all the people who have no reason to stay in Des Moines yet are fighting for it. The shout would start with one of my fingers raised for course. I highly doubt 100 of those people have wives, families, ect. I hate people.

Well, think about it this way... 215 students-40 (Ohio)-5 (Wyoming)-5 (St. Louis)=165. 165-1 (me)=164.

So in all reality, if everyone put Des Moines #1 (which they won't) you still have a 61% chance, which is pretty good.

Here's to hoping for some Davenport goodness!

Well, think about it this way... 215 students-40 (Ohio)-5 (Wyoming)-5 (St. Louis)=165. 165-1 (me)=164.

So in all reality, if everyone put Des Moines #1 (which they won't) you still have a 61% chance, which is pretty good.

oops

Didn't we have like 235 students who entered into the lottery due to students on the 5-year program and such? I know it was about 20 more than the 218 in our class.

Didn't we have like 235 students who entered into the lottery due to students on the 5-year program and such? I know it was about 20 more than the 218 in our class.

I'm not trying to be rude by why the hell do they get to be apart of OUR lottery? It should be they would draw from what our class doesn't take. Why isn't that fair? If I didn't pass a class/boards...I would EXPECT to take a backseat. This is ridiculous. But I'm neither PC or culturally competent. :thumbdown:

Why don't you go **** yourself? I've got a pet hamster and I ain't about to move him to bumble**** Iowa. I'm putting Des Moines as my number one spot and you can go **** yourself. **** you you ****ing ****er. **** Iowa. **** this ****. There was an old ****ing lady who lived in shoe, she had so many kids, her uterus fell out. Have ****er explain that one.

Why don't you go **** yourself? I've got a pet hamster and I ain't about to move him to bumble**** Iowa. I'm putting Des Moines as my number one spot and you can go **** yourself. **** you you ****ing ****er. **** Iowa. **** this ****. There was an old ****ing lady who lived in shoe, she had so many kids, her uterus fell out. Have ****en explain that one.

You need a hug?? damn.

Why don't you go **** yourself? I've got a pet hamster and I ain't about to move him to bumble**** Iowa. I'm putting Des Moines as my number one spot and you can go **** yourself. **** you you ****ing ****er. **** Iowa. **** this ****. There was an old ****ing lady who lived in shoe, she had so many kids, her uterus fell out. Have explain that one.

What happened to the rain drops keep falling on my head???? hahhah

You will you move your damn hamster!

This is coming from the most quiet kid in the our school, one dollar to the person who can name him hahaah.

This is coming from the most quiet kid in the our school, one dollar to the person who can name him hahaah.

F&*% you and the horse you rode in on.

So I say, "Live and let live." That's my motto. "Live and let live." Anyone who can't go along with that, take him outside and shoot the mother****er. It's a simple philosophy, but it's always worked in our family.

I'm not trying to be rude by why the hell do they get to be apart of OUR lottery? It should be they would draw from what our class doesn't take. Why isn't that fair? If I didn't pass a class/boards...I would EXPECT to take a backseat. This is ridiculous. But I'm neither PC or culturally competent. :thumbdown:

I was saying the exact same thing yesterday. :clap::clap::clap::clap:

I guess I don't know how I feel. I personally know some of those people and know a few of them will make hell of better doctors that I will ever. The only thing I am concerned about is having to move, having no money to buy a second car and being left in the dark. But, I guess we all feel that way.

Why don't you go **** yourself? I've got a pet hamster and I ain't about to move him to bumble**** Iowa. I'm putting Des Moines as my number one spot and you can go **** yourself. **** you you ****ing ****er. **** Iowa. **** this ****. There was an old ****ing lady who lived in shoe, she had so many kids, her uterus fell out. Have ****er explain that one.

That was awkward. Was that a joke?

So clearly you guys don't even remotely get along...

He's a neo-maxi zoom dweeby.

This is what I wrote right after he posted, you be the judge:

When are you playing? i'll be on all night tonight I think.

I was going to take the on-line BLS recertification exam but I DON'T HAVE A "KEY" that is supposedly supposed to be provided 2 weeks before the exam. Mine is this friday...

Anyone know what the "key" is for that website?

Yes. Around midnight.

Yes. Around midnight.
Don't know if I'll be on that late. I'm going to try to go to Kaplan tomorrow morning. I'm a weakling, I need my sleep!

Just completed the PWP online questionaire. I can't wait to find out how much unhealthier I am now than I was at the beginning of last year. Chaulk it up to being in med school and overworked?

OUCH, that one hurt. :barf:

Renal made all these promises to me last night and then broke them this morning. Typical, gets what it wants and then bam. :mad: Oh well, at least I got some OB love this afternoon :love:

Unfortunately, it was not just you. Unless the Renal tests go over a bunch of BS borderline not even taught, yet alone emphasized, I can't imagine how it would be harder. Renal seems kind of like Endocrine where it all at least makes since with one thing following the next.

Let's hope.

So let me be the first to say just how wrong I was about that one.:rolleyes:

For those first years/prospective students who are a little nervous about rotations...seemed to work out just fine for most. We received this yesterday:

"All 163 students that participated in the lottery matced to either their 1st or 2nd choice site.
144 students matched their 1st choice
19 students matched their 2nd choice
No one matched lower than their 2nd choice
."

Don't worry...be happy. Now I just have to pass the boards to get there. :scared:

Oh yeah, sorry dj about last night...tonight it is on for sure. BRING IT!!!! 10ish.
thHalo2Frag1.gif