##--DMU Class Of 2010--## part 02

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else challenging like 10 questions on Heme test 2?

Members don't see this ad.

Guys ,I am an international dental student.I would like to access DMU library during weekends.Is it ok to ask some one to help me in getting temporary access to library? I asked one guy in the library today he said he want to help but he was not sure.I dont know whether to ask some one or not.But to get temporary access student in DMU should sign for me.Anyone can help in this regard?
thanks

You should talk to the administration, this is a security issue more than anything else.

Guys ,I am an international dental student.I would like to access DMU library during weekends.Is it ok to ask some one to help me in getting temporary access to library? I asked one guy in the library today he said he want to help but he was not sure.I dont know whether to ask some one or not.But to get temporary access student in DMU should sign for me.Anyone can help in this regard?
thanks

you can ask administration, but you have to have specific access, and no one on this board is going to give that to you. I thought it was only for students and faculty anyways? Maybe I'm incorrect.

Members don't see this ad :)
Big Brother is watching...

Keep it clean in here.

What a bunch of BS...
we have so many babies in our class...it makes me sick. SDN is a great place to come and get an HONEST answer. Good or bad, that is how it is and how it should be. Handle it people. If you can't...then go elsewhere and do us all a favor and shut up.

ps-Heme still sucks

Any news on whether or not those two lectures from Dr. Behrens were going to be made up? It seems like it's going to be a no, but I'm not sure if anything has heard anything official yet.

Thanks, homies.

4 DAYS!!!!!!!

Are we there yet??

What a bunch of BS...
we have so many babies in our class...it makes me sick. SDN is a great place to come and get an HONEST answer. Good or bad, that is how it is and how it should be. Handle it people. If you can't...then go elsewhere and do us all a favor and shut up.

ps-Heme still sucks

You need a hug. Here is a hug. Take the hug.

Its almost the end everyone!! Stick in there!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know about everyone else but the review session was fantastic and I felt that I was able to actually LEARN the material this time instead of cramming small details.

Have a Merry Christmas everyone...if you get lonely, I'll be kickin it in Iowa. Just Me, my kids and my 360. Travel safe. (dj, you know what to do)

xmas-smiley-003.gif

To board or to double board that is the question.............
Anyone taking both??? And how the hell do you study? ANY input would be wonderful (especially from the 3rd or 4th years).
And yes dj, 360 is wonderfull.

To board or to double board that is the question.............
Anyone taking both??? And how the hell do you study? ANY input would be wonderful (especially from the 3rd or 4th years).
And yes dj, 360 is wonderfull.
I'm wondering the same... is it worth the $600+ if I'm staying in the Midwest for non-competitive residency? I guess you could just go with the "it's better to take it and not need it than the other way around..." logic! I'll probably sign up to take both, and if I rock the USMLE I'll shoot for Derm or something :laugh:

Happy New Year everyone!

If it's worth the $600+ totally depends on your field of choice. If you know you want to do something even remotely competitive I would highly recommend taking both. I severely owned COMLEX I and found out I would not have even gotten an interview had I not taken USMLE I at an allopathic program I wanted to attend. Study your butt off from Jan to May for USMLE I, throw in a little Chapman's reflexes, cranial, and viscerosomatics and you will be fine on both tests.

Also, make sure you hit cell biology, population genetics, and biochem for USMLE.

If it's worth the $600+ totally depends on your field of choice. If you know you want to do something even remotely competitive I would highly recommend taking both. I severely owned COMLEX I and found out I would not have even gotten an interview had I not taken USMLE I at an allopathic program I wanted to attend. Study your butt off from Jan to May for USMLE I, throw in a little Chapman's reflexes, cranial, and viscerosomatics and you will be fine on both tests.

Also, make sure you hit cell biology, population genetics, and biochem for USMLE.

Taking both and studying exactly as above. Hope it works as well as it did for you!

dj, it's on TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have any of you 2nd years on here taken the Intermediate Spanish course? Sounds sweet but that spanish SPAL sounds a bit intense.

Any tips on how to study for phys and micro? :D

Here's hoping to pass ethics tomorrow. :(

Man...what a WASTE of time and brain cell activity. :thumbdown:

Have any of you 2nd years on here taken the Intermediate Spanish course? Sounds sweet but that spanish SPAL sounds a bit intense.

Took the introductory course which was cool but I didn't have the time to really put into it.

Micro you can study the morning of and hit an 85.

Are you guys just doing the "assigned readings" and looking at the notepool lectures to study for ethics tomorrow? I don't know what else one could really do to prepare for that thing... one thing's for sure, I'm not as up to speed with Endocrine as I'd like to be, thanks to ethics- and Halo 3.

I thought it was interesting. the spal wasn't intense at all, more of a way to gauge if you can converse about medical stuff. The class isn't high pressure, only take it if you have a real interest and are self motivated, otherwise it will be all cram and dump....save that for your other science classes.

Just as a comparison, did they pound into your heads to do the ethics readings, saying it was the bulk of the test, and then NOT test on the reading? That's pretty much what happened to us. Ahhh, the Humanities Dept. :love:

Dr. Clavenna is quite possibly the funniest lecturer to listen to on mp3

I love it :laugh:

I second this. I wish I could spend my whole 3rd year with this fine man. Some of his comments are classicly hilarious!

Dr. Clavenna is quite possibly the funniest lecturer to listen to on mp3

I love it :laugh:

I am sorry to say but Dr. Bender from geriatrics smokes anyone. That man made a hilarious comment about every 5 seconds.

inspector-gadget.jpg

WOWZERS! Hello McDonalds!

Dj, it's on tonight (about 10:30). I need it.

all of the following except...all of the following except...all of the following except...all of the following except...all of the following except...all of the following except...all of the following except...all of the following except...

Thanks Dr. M-

Get ready for OMM this afternoon YEEEEEEEEEEHAAAWWWW!

I just have to say it: 18-1!!! Perfection Denied!! I am sorry if you are a NE fan and had to whitness your coach walking off the field before the game was over; classy! I am also sorry because you have to watch as Tom "is my hair neat" Brady and Randy "I am better than Rice" Moss refuse to play in the pro-bowl... hahhahaa....

sorry...I just got sick of the perfection talk all year, this was saved up since then!

i hear ya DJ, i was supposed to have GYN lab tonight????

I'm finally growing tired of some of the silly questions we get on exams...

All I can say is thank the Lord for a snow day.

And yes, I'm sick of the BS as well. :thumbdown:

"Which one of the following is NOT the CORRECT treatment for a person who is NOT NEGATIVE and SOMETIMES POSITVE for HIV but NOT Western Blot POSTIVE but sometimes is POSTIVE depending on what planet they are on which is NOT spinning upon the CORRECT axis in the INCORRECT solar system if the patient was NOT taking acid while standing on his head while playing the new board game "Ripleys beleive it or NOT"?"

:confused::confused::confused:

My style:
See Dick and Jane _____?
a-Walk
b-Run
c-Sleep
d-drop acid
e-all of the above

"Which one of the following is NOT the CORRECT treatment for a person who is NOT NEGATIVE and SOMETIMES POSITVE for HIV but NOT Western Blot POSTIVE but sometimes is POSTIVE depending on what planet they are on which is NOT spinning upon the CORRECT axis in the INCORRECT solar system if the patient was NOT taking acid while standing on his head while playing the new board game "Ripleys beleive it or NOT"?"

My style:
See Dick and Jane _____?
a-Walk
b-Run
c-Sleep
d-drop acid
e-all of the above
Halo tonight?

What does everyone think about the article that Dr. M sent out? Its the same article that was used on SDN awhile ago (http://studentdoctor.net/blog/2007/07/01/the-successful-match-clerkship-grades/#more-255) and it still leaves me asking as many questions as it did when I first read it back then. I mean it pretty much says board scores, while important, are less important than clerkship grades. So where does that leave us? Any thoughts? Anyone else give a flying crap?

What does everyone think about the article that Dr. M sent out? Its the same article that was used on SDN awhile ago (http://studentdoctor.net/blog/2007/07/01/the-successful-match-clerkship-grades/#more-255) and it still leaves me asking as many questions as it did when I first read it back then. I mean it pretty much says board scores, while important, are less important than clerkship grades. So where does that leave us? Any thoughts? Anyone else give a flying crap?
Wasn't very impressed with the 2+ year old article. It has some good points but didn't really tell me anything i didn't already know. "Do well in 3rd year clerkships and those in the specialty you're interested in and don't screw around in your preclinical years. Do well on boards but don't solely rely on your board scores." No kidding...

I think trying to be the best that you can in all areas (grades, boards, involvement, maybe even research?) - while realizing that a slight deficiency in one doesn't necessarily rule you out of a residency spot - is a pretty safe rule to live by. I know that sounds horribly cliche- Obviously there are other factors, like having an "in" at a program or having past experience in that particular field.

Articles like this always make me wonder - if a certain aspect of your medical education isn't as important in the residency selection process, does that mean you are going to blow it off? No, you're still to try to excel at it anyway to make yourself look that much more competitive.

My style:
See Dick and Jane _____?
a-Walk
b-Run
c-Sleep
d-drop acid
e-all of the above

Are these treatments in the correct space and time? :laugh:

Freaking unbelievable...

If anyone wants to know why I personally have zero interest in Ob/Gyn, listen to Dr. O's story from today's (Monday) 10:00 lecture.

Tragic.