DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine...PART 6!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Now come on! Let's not start this. You've never single me out to be mean to. :)

For the record though...
I wouldn't describe myself as a "posse tag-along" but I do laugh at pretty much any joke. I actually enjoy bad jokes too. I see the humor in jokes that are so bad they aren't even funny!

Only because I was being nice, there's always a 1st time for everything.

So, why didn't the skeleton go to the movies? He didn't have some BODY to go with ...

Laugh it up, come on, I want to see lots and lots of laughter.

Members don't see this ad.

So, why didn't the skeleton go to the movies? He didn't have some BODY to go with ...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I've heard much worse jokes. That one wasn't half bad!

Hehe...that wasn't bad. These type of jokes I have entitled "Jennifer Jokes" b/c my wife loves them. Any joke you find on a Laffy Taffy wrapper will bring tears to her eyes. She looks like this smilely after these jokes :lol: Her dad enjoys them too, the two of them together is hilarious.

Members don't see this ad :)
Now come on! Let's not start this. You've never single me out to be mean to. :)

For the record though...
I wouldn't describe myself as a "posse tag-along" but I do laugh at pretty much any joke. I actually enjoy bad jokes too. I see the humor in jokes that are so bad they aren't even funny!

How do you get Pickachu on a bus?

You Pokemon.... :lol:

you have to put the emPHAsis on the right syllABol

Never cared to figure out how to do accents on the computer and I'm to lazy to copy and paste from word. :laugh:

Oh, and get a life, "native speaker."

*Crickets .. Crickets ...*

Lo siento, no comprende.

Understandable, you're a bit slow when it comes to things like poor humour.

Pokemon = Poke 'im on = Poke him on. So how do you get Pikachu on a bus? You poke him on. The fact that he is a creature known as a Pokemon adds to the hilarity due to the play on words. There, now let the hilarity commence.

Never cared to figure out how to do accents on the computer and I'm to lazy to copy and paste from word. :laugh:

Oh, and get a life, "native speaker."

Pokemon = Poke 'im on = Poke him on. So how do you get Pikachu on a bus? You poke him on. The fact that he is a creature known as a Pokemon adds to the hilarity due to the play on words. There, now let the hilarity ensue.

This is what I meant by my above statement. Do the words Michael Meyers mean anything to you???

And may I ask about the native speaker thing while I am at it?

Pokemon = Poke 'im on = Poke him on. So how do you get Pikachu on a bus? You poke him on. The fact that he is a creature known as a Pokemon adds to the hilarity due to the play on words. There, now let the hilarity ensue.

You poke a person to get him on the bus? I always thought its push and shove, and if they still refuse then you throw 'em outta the way. :laugh:

Sorry, I didn't waste my time on pokemon or pickafreakinchu growing up ...

Dad of 3 Boys better get ready for this one...

A boy goes to the drug store with his dad and sees the condom display.
Boy: "Dad, why do they do packs of one condom?"
Dad: "Those are for the high-schoolers for Friday nights."
Boy: "So, why do they make packs of three?"
Dad: "For the college guys for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights."
Boy: "Then why do they make packs of 12?" Dad: "Those are for married couples -- you know, January, February, March."

Members don't see this ad :)
Dad of 3 Boys better get ready for this one...

A boy goes to the drug store with his dad and sees the condom display.
Boy: "Dad, why do they do packs of one condom?"
Dad: "Those are for the high-schoolers for Friday nights."
Boy: "So, why do they make packs of three?"
Dad: "For the college guys for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights."
Boy: "Then why do they make packs of 12?" Dad: "Those are for married couples -- you know, January, February, March."
very funny, I haven't heard that one before

This is what I meant by my above statement. Do the words Michael Meyers mean anything to you???

And may I ask about the native speaker thing while I am at it?

I really didn't care if you were one or not. If you are, great. If not, then you certainly bit the post as if you were one. When you get a doctorate in foreign languages, come back then. :laugh:

Oh man, can get someone to put the Halloween theme music on their laptop and play it whenever Inviz walks in to class? :idea: :lol:

And, :banana:

This is one of my favorites!! :laugh: :thumbup: :laugh:

There was a mamma mole, a papa mole, and a baby mole. They lived in a hole outside of a farm house out in the country.
The papa mole reached his head out of the hole and said, “Mmmmm, I smell sausage.”
The mama mole reached her head outside of the hole and said “Mmmmmm, I smell pancakes.”
The baby mole tried to reach his head outside the hole but couldn't because of the two bigger moles. The baby mole said, “The only thing I can smell is molasses.”

There was a mamma mole, a papa mole, and a baby mole. They lived in a hole outside of a farm house out in the country.
The papa mole reached his head out of the hole and said, “Mmmmm, I smell sausage.”
The mama mole reached her head outside of the hole and said “Mmmmmm, I smell pancakes.”
The baby mole tried to reach his head outside the hole but couldn't because of the two bigger moles. The baby mole said, “The only thing I can smell is molasses.”

Heh, cute.

hahahaha. :laugh: This one actually got me to laugh out loud. Nice. :thumbup:

"Hello?", "Hi honey. This is Daddy. Is Mommy near the phone?"

"No Daddy. She's upstairs in the bedroom with Uncle Paul."

After a brief pause, Daddy says, "But honey, you haven't got an Uncle Paul."

"Oh yes I do, and he's upstairs in the room with Mommy, right now."

Brief Pause. "Uh, okay then, this is what I want you to do. Put the phone down on the table, run upstairs and knock on the bedroom door and shout to Mommy that Daddy's car just pulled into the driveway."

"Okay Daddy, just a minute."

A few minutes later the little girl comes back to the phone.

"I did it Daddy."

"And what happened honey?" he asked.

Well, Mommy got all scared, jumped out of bed with no clothes on and ran around screaming. Then she tripped over the rug, hit her head on the dresser and now she isn't moving at all!"

"Oh my God!!! What about your Uncle Paul?"

"He jumped out of the bed with no clothes on, too. He was all scared and he jumped out of the back window and into the swimming pool. But I guess he didn't know that you took out the water last week to clean it. He hit the bottom of the pool and I think he's dead."

***Long Pause***

***Longer Pause***

***Even Longer Pause***

Then Daddy says,

"Swimming pool? .... Is this 486-5731?"

Froggie - Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaantastic!

Brief Pause. "Uh, okay then, this is what I want you to do. Put the phone down on the table, run upstairs and knock on the bedroom door and shout to Mommy that Daddy's car just pulled into the driveway."

"I did it Daddy."

Well, Mommy got all scared, jumped out of bed with no clothes on and ran around screaming. Then she tripped over the rug, hit her head on the dresser and now she isn't moving at all!"

"He jumped out of the bed with no clothes on, too. He was all scared and he jumped out of the back window and into the swimming pool. But I guess he didn't know that you took out the water last week to clean it. He hit the bottom of the pool and I think he's dead."

***Long Pause***

***Longer Pause***

***Even Longer Pause***

Then Daddy says,

That's a good one!! :thumbup: :laugh:

"I did it Daddy."

***Long Pause***

***Longer Pause***

***Even Longer Pause***

Then Daddy says,

Gives me an idea for that hated neighbor ...

3 men where at the FBI Building for a job interview.

The first man walked into the office . The interviewing FBI agent said "To be in the FBI you must be loyal, dedicated, and give us your all. Your wife is in the next room. I want you to go in there and shoot her with this gun." The man took the gun, hesitated, and said "Sorry, I can't do it."

The next interviewee came into the office. The Agent said "To be in the FBI you must be loyal, dedicated, and give us your all. Your wife is in the next room. I want you to go in there and shoot her with this gun." The man took the gun, walked into the room, then walked out. "Sorry," he said.

The last man came into the office. The interviewer said "To be in the FBI you must be loyal, dedicated, and give us your all. Your wife is in the next room. I want you to go in there and shoot her with this gun." The man took the gun and went into the room. The Agent heard 6 shots, silence, then a lot of screaming.

The man came out of the room and said "Someone loaded the gun with blanks, so I beat her to death with the curtain railing!"

3 men where at the FBI Building for a job interview.

The first man walked into the office . The interviewing FBI agent said "To be in the FBI you must be loyal, dedicated, and give us your all. Your wife is in the next room. I want you to go in there and shoot her with this gun." The man took the gun, hesitated, and said "Sorry, I can't do it."

The next interviewee came into the office. The Agent said "To be in the FBI you must be loyal, dedicated, and give us your all. Your wife is in the next room. I want you to go in there and shoot her with this gun." The man took the gun, walked into the room, then walked out. "Sorry," he said.

The last man came into the office. The interviewer said "To be in the FBI you must be loyal, dedicated, and give us your all. Your wife is in the next room. I want you to go in there and shoot her with this gun." The man took the gun and went into the room. The Agent heard 6 shots, silence, then a lot of screaming.

The man came out of the room and said "Someone loaded the gun with blanks, so I beat her to death with the curtain railing!"

Another disturbing joke from none other than the froggie. Bravo.

Considered psych yet?

A man married 25 years took a look at his wife one day and said, "Honey, 25 years ago, we had a cheap apartment, a cheap car, slept on a sofa bed and watched a 10-inch black-and-white TV, but I got to sleep every night with a hot 25-year-old blonde. Now, we have a nice house, a nice car, a big bed and a big-screen plasma TV, but I'm sleeping with a 50-year-old woman. It seems to me that you're not holding up your side of things."

But his wife was a very reasonable woman.

She told him to go out and find a hot 25-year-old blonde, and she'd make sure that he would once again be living in a cheap apartment, driving a cheap car and sleeping on a sofa bed.

A man married 25 years took a look at his wife one day and said, "Honey, 25 years ago, we had a cheap apartment, a cheap car, slept on a sofa bed and watched a 10-inch black-and-white TV, but I got to sleep every night with a hot 25-year-old blonde. Now, we have a nice house, a nice car, a big bed and a big-screen plasma TV, but I'm sleeping with a 50-year-old woman. It seems to me that you're not holding up your side of things."

But his wife was a very reasonable woman.

She told him to go out and find a hot 25-year-old blonde, and she'd make sure that he would once again be living in a cheap apartment, driving a cheap car and sleeping on a sofa bed.

:smuggrin:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I have been laughing for the last five minutes reading every post since my last. HA!!! SO FUNNY!!! :laugh:

And Dr. I, won't you ever learn....:rolleyes: ;)

I just ordered four of the books from Amazon!!! WOOT!!! :banana: :banana:

Sorry, I just find that really exciting!:laugh: It means I am that much closer to starting med school. We broke the 90 day mark on the countdown. SOOOOO EXCITED!!!!:biglove:

I just ordered four of the books from Amazon!!! WOOT!!! :banana: :banana:

Sorry, I just find that really exciting!:laugh: It means I am that much closer to starting med school. We broke the 90 day mark on the countdown. SOOOOO EXCITED!!!!:biglove:

Has anyone checked the DCOM bookstore prices to find out if Amazon is cheaper?
From past experience I've found Amazon to almost always be less expensive, but I just wanted to check before I spend about 2K on books!!!! :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Has anyone checked the DCOM bookstore prices to find out if Amazon is cheaper?
From past experience I've found Amazon to almost always be less expensive, but I just wanted to check before I spend about 2K on books!!!! :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

No, but I am buying everything used, so it has to be. Amazon has all the books in stock new and then they have a bunch of used copies from other sellers. There is no way DCOM can beat that. Sorry to anyone from DCOM reading this, but I am buying my books at Amazon. I would love a t-shirt though.:rolleyes: :laugh: :hello:

The LMU "bookstore" is a huge online bookstore so it sells used books. But I compared every single book and Amazon beat their prices on every single item. The only thing that may add up is when you order used from Amazon you have to pay individual shipping charges to each shipper. I'm sure that you would still come out cheaper though.

Okay Docmom, your curiosity got the best of you! I thought you were waiting until you moved to order books :laugh:

The LMU "bookstore" is a huge online bookstore so it sells used books. But I compared every single book and Amazon beat their prices on every single item. The only thing that may add up is when you order used from Amazon you have to pay individual shipping charges to each shipper. I'm sure that you would still come out cheaper though.

Okay Docmom, your curiosity got the best of you! I though you were waiting until you moved to order books :laugh:

LOL! Couldn't help myself! :laugh: But, they are being shipped to Tennessee and not NY, so I won't have them until I get down there.

We actually had eFollett as our book store at my UG, so I am familiar with their prices vs Amazon. The shipping charges on all four of my used books came out to about $13.00. The used books were about a third of the price of the new books. So, it is definitely the best way to go. Those osteopathic books are still REALLY EXPENSIVE though!!!:smuggrin:

On a side note, does anyone who lives down around Knoxville know of a good pediatric orthopedic doctor. If you don't and happen to have a phone book handy, could you look in it and see if there is one listed. I don't know if it is like NY where you have to wait three months for an appointment or not, but I wanted to call from up here to schedule one. THANKS!!!!:D :love:

Those osteopathic books are still REALLY EXPENSIVE though!!!:smuggrin:

So does posting in this thread now mean that I am in the "dropping by to be an a$$" category by default? Can I get an exemption if I feign being helpful and use a lot of smileys? :confused: :biglove: :banana: :lol:

Just an opinion, you may want to wait on the "osteopathic books". I can nearly guarantee the only book you will ever want to crack open will be this one. OMM's not really a reading class...;)

So does posting in this thread now mean that I am in the "dropping by to be an a$$" category by default? Can I get an exemption if I feign being helpful and use a lot of smileys? :confused: :biglove: :banana: :lol:

Just an opinion, you may want to wait on the "osteopathic books". I can nearly guarantee the only book you will ever want to crack open will be this one. OMM's not really a reading class...;)

:lol: Thanks! I am waiting on those anyway, so we'll see. I hate that when you buy books for a class and then never use them. Most of my UG classes were like that. The teacher's usually did their own thing and we spent all that money for nothing.:laugh:

:lol: Thanks! I am waiting on those anyway, so we'll see. I hate that when you buy books for a class and then never use them. Most of my UG classes were like that. The teacher's usually did their own thing and we spent all that money for nothing.:laugh:

Ya'alls book list is almost identical to ours, so if you have any questions, I'll try to answer them.

Guyton and Robbins are two great books that will become your bibles. I'm not real impressed with Marks for Biochem - really wordy and a LOT of tangents that are not what you need to know. Most people have found this book much better. The Neuro book is good, b/c it has a lot of clinical cases, but it's kind of disorganized and pretty dense as well. I ended up using this book and did well in the block.

On a side note, does anyone who lives down around Knoxville know of a good pediatric orthopedic doctor. If you don't and happen to have a phone book handy, could you look in it and see if there is one listed. I don't know if it is like NY where you have to wait three months for an appointment or not, but I wanted to call from up here to schedule one. THANKS!!!!:D :love:

I'd check out the ETCH website. They should have a physician directory.

It appeared to be a very nice place....and easy to get to for being "downtown".

I haven't been to Knoxville at all. We drove around it, but not in it. I did find two groups through their site though. Thank you! :)

For those with kiddos...have ya'll picked a pediatrician yet? I have no idea what the best way is to find one, especially when I am in a different state!

For those with kiddos...have ya'll picked a pediatrician yet? I have no idea what the best way is to find one, especially when I am in a different state!

Not yet. My kids won't need one for a little while after moving, so I didn't pick on yet. I was thinking about find a FP. Since I want to go into FM, I thought that might be nice to check out their office. Claiborne County Hospital and St. Mary's in LaFollette have physician directories. They have pediatricians listed at ETCH as well. I guess you should look near where you will be living.:)