DO student looking to match MD EM program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skinnycatfish10

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there!

I am a OMS3 looking to match to a competitive allopathic Emergency Medicine Residency program, preferably county. I will apply broadly but my dream places to attend are listed below. I am a Tampa native but would like to end up in NYC if at all possible. I plan on applying for elective rotations at all the places listed below to try to get my foot in the door.

Id like to know what you guys think my chances are at this and if there is anything else I could to to improve my application. Here are some stats on myself:

USMLE Step 1- 242
COMLEX Step 1 - 575
Shelf grades - 70s
Female, white, jewish
Leadership - Mentor, student ambassador, VP of EM club at my school, student trainer at local clinic
Awards - 2 Academic scholarships from my school
Employment - Scribe in ED for <10 months before medical school and during my vacation after year 1 of med school
Research - none

My research so far has consisted of figuring out which programs have taken DOs in the past. Here is what I have found.
Emory - 1
Johns Hopkins - 3
Icahn - 0
Mount Sinai Beth Israel - 0
New York Presbyterian - 2
NYU - 0
SUNY Downstate - 0 and their application for electives denies DO application
USF - 15
ORMC - 1
Georgetown - 0
GW - 2
UF Jacks - 6

With all of this in mind Id be appreciative of any and all advice you guys have for me! If there are other programs in NYC I should be considering please let me know!

Members don't see this ad.