DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine...PART 6!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Who's ready for finals to be over!! :eek: :confused: :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

Who's ready for finals to be over!! :eek: :confused: :scared:

Personally, I never should have taken classes in the first place. It was a stupid idea, especially since I didn't need any of them. I dropped one class, so I have one final next week Friday. I really don't care about the class and just want it to be over. I'll shall put this experience in the lessons learned pile :smuggrin:

Hello everyone! I just wanted to introduce myself as a fellow class of 2011 DCOMer. I've been reading sdn for awhile but just haven't taken the time to post anything yet. So here I am. :) I'm so excited to meet y'all (electronically, for now)! (Oh, I'm a 27 year old mom from Los Angeles interested in peds and/or plastics.)

P.S. I have a six year old daughter who is thrilled that other students are parents as well...she's excited to have kids to play with!

P.P.S. DoctorMom: my daughter LOVES your horse!!:love:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone! I just wanted to introduce myself as a fellow class of 2011 DCOMer. I've been reading sdn for awhile but just haven't taken the time to post anything yet. So here I am. :) I'm so excited to meet y'all (electronically, for now)! (Oh, I'm a 27 year old mom from Los Angeles interested in peds and/or plastics.)

P.S. I have a six year old daughter who is thrilled that other students are parents as well...she's excited to have kids to play with!

Congrats and welcome.

Lrobin,

Did you ever get a chance to contact your friend in Jacksboro about the garbage situation there?

:hello: :welcome: Congrats and welcome. Just beware of Dr. I :smuggrin: (really, he's harmless ;) :p )

I wonder how many other parents there are at other schools? It seems we have so many, which is really cool, but wow. Hopefully, within the next couple of years, we can join that club too :cool: I think the campus daycare is going to have to add another wing :smuggrin:

Welcome!! :D
Your daughter is adorable!

Too bad, Phil and Chris are gone. They are who I expected to go, but it was really sad. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Less than 90 days until school :eek: :eek: :eek: :clap:

Also, there are new pics up on the dcom website. I won't post them this time :smuggrin:

Too bad, Phil and Chris are gone. They are who I expected to go, but it was really sad. :(

I liked Phil. :( Oh well, gotta pull for Blake now cause he's the only guy left. I mean I won't vote for him, but I'll hope other people do...

Also, there are new pics up on the dcom website. I won't post them this time :smuggrin:

Nice!! :banana: :banana:

I liked Phil. :( Oh well, gotta pull for Blake now cause he's the only guy left. I mean I won't vote for him, but I'll hope other people do...

HaHa, same with me. I have never voted, but I sure hope everyone else does!:laugh:

The date the building is supposed to be done is sometime in June. I'm looking at the pics and thinking that is going to be down right impossible! Is it possible that all the plumbing and electrical work is done? Do you think they are drywalling as we speak? Once they get all that done, how long do you think it will take to get all the equipment in and running -like the anatomy lab?

I'm trying not to freak out, but I'm thinking we are going to be sitting on the floor pretending to be disecting anatomy using our laptops come August 3rd. :laugh:

In all seriousness, does anyone have any clue when they will have the sims up and running. Will it be our second year, or do you think they will get those going by next January? I wanted to see if anyone had asked that.

The date the building is supposed to be done is sometime in June. I'm looking at the pics and thinking that is going to be down right impossible! Is it possible that all the plumbing and electrical work is done? Do you think they are drywalling as we speak? Once they get all that done, how long do you think it will take to get all the equipment in and running -like the anatomy lab?

I'm trying not to freak out, but I'm thinking we are going to be sitting on the floor pretending to be disecting anatomy using our laptops come August 3rd. :laugh:

In all seriousness, does anyone have any clue when they will have the sims up and running. Will it be our second year, or do you think they will get those going by next January? I wanted to see if anyone had asked that.

As of right now the 1st and 2nd floors are mostly drywalled. In fact most of the 2nd floor is painted too. Dr. Leo said that their main concerns are getting the OMM and Anatomy labs finished before the start of school. As far as classrooms and teachers offices they're not such a worry because we can always hold class in other buildings around the campus. If they' look like they're running behind they're going to double the number of guys working in the building so there'll be around 150 guys at one time. My mom had all of these questions when we went down last weekend. Dr. Leo's very confident that we should be good to go! :thumbup: :)

Haha, I didn't finish reading your post. :) The sim rooms are drywalled and painted and I'm pretty sure all of the plumbing and electrical is done for those rooms. I mean it'd have to be for the dry wall and what not to be up. So as far as the big things needing to be done, they will be.

As of right now the 1st and 2nd floors are mostly drywalled. In fact most of the 2nd floor is painted too. Dr. Leo said that their main concerns are getting the OMM and Anatomy labs finished before the start of school. As far as classrooms and teachers offices they're not such a worry because we can always hold class in other buildings around the campus. If they' look like they're running behind they're going to double the number of guys working in the building so there'll be around 150 guys at one time. My mom had all of these questions when we went down last weekend. Dr. Leo's very confident that we should be good to go! :thumbup: :)

Dr. Leo mentioned this as well when I interviewed in january. The OMM and Anatomy labs are a priority over everything else. I do believe that everything will be done by the time we start. There may be some left over extraneous work, but nothing that will hinder us. I remember the email from Dr. Leo about a month or so ago talking about how they were drywalling then and how he was impressed with how much they get done. With the drywall up, anything that is between walls, like piping, wiring, etc., has to be done as well. The ceiling will most likely a drop ceiling for easy access and that doesn't that long to install. And because they have had the building under roof for a long time now, they can do both exterior and interior work at the same time. So just b/c the brick isn't finish doesn't mean the inside has not started.

I would love to see some updated interior pics too :idea: :hello: :smuggrin:

Dr. Leo mentioned this as well when I interviewed in january. The OMM and Anatomy labs are a priority over everything else. I do believe that everything will be done by the time we start. There may be some left over extraneous work, but nothing that will hinder us. I remember the email from Dr. Leo about a month or so ago talking about how they were drywalling then and how he was impressed with how much they get done. With the drywall up, anything that is between walls, like piping, wiring, etc., has to be done as well. The ceiling will most likely a drop ceiling for easy access and that doesn't that long to install. And because they have had the building under roof for a long time now, they can do both exterior and interior work at the same time. So just b/c the brick isn't finish doesn't mean the inside has not started.

I would love to see some updated interior pics too :idea: :hello: :smuggrin:

It is indeed a drop ceiling and I think he said it was going up this week. And I'll see what I can do about those interior pics. I know I have some somewhere...

It is indeed a drop ceiling and I think he said it was going up this week. And I'll see what I can do about those interior pics. I know I have some somewhere...

When you were there, did you ask if you could get a tour of the building? I wasn't sure if they would do that yet, but you never know.

When you were there, did you ask if you could get a tour of the building? I wasn't sure if they would do that yet, but you never know.

Last time I went up I just emailed Dr. Leo, said I would be around, and asked if he was free to show us how things were going. When I went in March I got to go in to the Med school but not the apartments but last weekend I could got to check out the insides of both.

Last time I went up I just emailed Dr. Leo, said I would be around, and asked if he was free to show us how things were going. When I went in March I got to go in to the Med school but not the apartments but last weekend I could got to check out the insides of both.

Sweet. I was hoping we would be able to see the inside of the school when we go later this month. I am glad I will be able to see it. I will take some pics then too.

Well, she can come over and play with my 5 year old son and the horses. :D :love:

WELCOME!!!!:)

That sounds great! I think next week I will try to go up and check things out.

BTW to all those wondering about trash service....

Jacksboro and Lafollete do have curbside trash service! I just asked my friend who lives in Jacksboro and she says they have curbside and recycling once a week and it is free if you live within city limits. Now, she didn't know if Lafollete's was free, but they do have it. :thumbup:

That sounds great! I think next week I will try to go up and check things out.

BTW to all those wondering about trash service....

Jacksboro and Lafollete do have curbside trash service! I just asked my friend who lives in Jacksboro and she says they have curbside and recycling once a week and it is free if you live within city limits. Now, she didn't know if Lafollete's was free, but they do have it. :thumbup:

Thank you for getting the info for us. Glad to hear they have curbside. Now to figure out if I still get a truck or a car. :confused:

Anatomy lab, OMM lab, lecture hall, 2nd floor food court and hall way. According to Dr. Leo there will also be a pool table on the second floor, across from the food court. :thumbup: :banana:

Oh, and the little kid in the OMM lab is my 11 yr old brother, and he's probably 5'3". The room is HUGE!!

Attachments

• anatomy lab.JPG
    anatomy lab.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 107
  • OMM lab.JPG
    OMM lab.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 122
  • Lecture hall.JPG
    Lecture hall.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 118
  • 2nd floor food court.JPG
    2nd floor food court.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 115
  • 2nd floor hall.JPG
    2nd floor hall.JPG
    18.1 KB · Views: 117
Anatomy lab, OMM lab, lecture hall, 2nd floor food court and hall way. According to Dr. Leo there will also be a pool table on the second floor, across from the food court. :thumbup: :banana:

Oh, and the little kid in the OMM lab is my 11 yr old brother, and he's probably 5'3". The room is HUGE!!

Thanks for the pics. How big is the lecture hall, it is hard to tell from the picture.

Thanks for the pics. How big is the lecture hall, it is hard to tell from the picture.

It's probably about 3/4 as big as the OMM lab. I remember it being big but it wasn't like, really impressive.

It's probably about 3/4 as big as the OMM lab. I remember it being big but not it wasn't like, really impressive.

Is this going to be one of the main lecture rooms b/c I remember Dr. Leo saying there were going to be 2 on the first floor, i think. I guess i imagined theater like seating rather than a flat room. Every other school i interviewed at had the theater seating (WVSOM, CCOM, LECOM-E). WVSOM's were sooooo nice. They had table rather than desk with nice chair that could be adjusted, etc. like a computer chair. LECOM's was nice too, very similar to WVSOM. CCOM's was old and had very small desks where the desktop flipped over the chair armrest.

Is this going to be one of the main lecture rooms b/c I remember Dr. Leo saying there were going to be 2 on the first floor, i think. I guess i imagined theater like seating rather than a flat room. Every other school i interviewed at had the theater seating (WVSOM, CCOM, LECOM-E). WVSOM's were sooooo nice. They had table rather than desk with nice chair that could be adjusted, etc. like a computer chair. LECOM's was nice too, very similar to WVSOM. CCOM's was old and had very small desks where the desktop flipped over the chair armrest.
those desks that flip over the arm? That is so old school!

I suppose the room does not have to be huge...I remember my first tour through a med school, and it seemed so small! But then I remembered the school is not even half of my high school graduating class! Bottom line is, I think the seating will be the deciding factor

Does anybody know more about the food court? Like what sort of food - cafeteria style, sandwiches, etc.

Does anybody know more about the food court? Like what sort of food - cafeteria style, sandwiches, etc.
We ate lunch at the food court. It was a la carte, with home made dishes, a decent variety, but very cafeteria-like. It wasn't amazing, but it works for college food

There is going to be a deli in the food court in the med school building. The interview lunch was in the LMU cafe. and we will have access to that as well.

Sorry, it isn't actually a flat room. It will have stadium type seating but it's impossible to tell from that picture.

Sorry, it isn't actually a flat room. It will have stadium type seating but it's impossible to tell from that picture.

Oh good, I feel better now. I thought they would have theater seating, then I saw the pic and I couldn't tell. They've done everything else great so far, I should have trusted them. Bad nascardoc!!! :smuggrin:

Oh good, I feel better now. I thought they would have theater seating, then I saw the pic and I couldn't tell. They've done everything else great so far, I should have trusted them. Bad nascardoc!!! :smuggrin:

:laugh: This is true, why would you ever doubt DCOM?! Don't let DocMom find out you've been less than 100% faithful of DCOM, she'll get ya... :smuggrin:

Oh, and if anyone wants those pictures full size, or any of the other random indoor pictures I have, just let me know.

Yeaa infact my college has an awesome lecture hall with theatre like seating..i expected DCOM to have something of that sort. Well as long as the education which i care more about is being offered at a high level,i wont complain much. I def wanna see some pictures though..so all you folks who might visit dcom should take tons of pictures!!

So what lenders have you all chosen?

I'm out of snide comments for the moment.

So what lenders have you all chosen?

I'm out of snide comments for the moment.

Hell has officially frozen over. I swear I just saw a pig fly past my window and Docmom's cow has finally come home. :D :smuggrin:

Hell has officially frozen over. I swear I just saw a pig fly past my window and Docmom's cow has finally come home. :D :smuggrin:

Yep, I am attempting to be nicer. :thumbup:

Yep, I am attempting to be nicer. :thumbup:

I did notice the thread where you're trying to help out the new kids to the thread. You may have called them newbies but you only did it twice, it was a huge step for you. :smuggrin:

I did notice the thread where you're trying to help out the new kids to the thread. You may have called them newbies but you only did it twice, it was a huge step for you. :smuggrin:

Yeah, well, that thread shot to hell the next day ... SDN is pointless. You attempt to help these newbies help you, and they don't want it. Request a goddamn sticky, and it doesn't happen unless you're a "paid member." not the case in pre-allo ... at any rate, Fock it ... :smuggrin:

This one's too easy .. I wonder if I should post what inspired me ... hell, why not!

So, you're one of those posse tag-alongs that laughs at every little joke, funny or not ...?

This one's too easy .. I wonder if I should post what inspired me ... hell, why not!

So, you're one of those posse tag-alongs that laughs at every little joke, funny or not ...?

Now come on! Let's not start this. You've never single me out to be mean to. :)

For the record though...
I wouldn't describe myself as a "posse tag-along" but I do laugh at pretty much any joke. I actually enjoy bad jokes too. I see the humor in jokes that are so bad they aren't even funny!