Data And Sunny Go The Rogers Centre(skydome)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

data

1K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
There was 2 on, the jays were tied, 6-6 bottom of the 9th. Reed johnson steps up to the plate. STABILIZER. He swings a loud pop is heard. Everyone is screaming "go go go go AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH" A homer. Johnson's walk off homer won the game. We beat the World champions in baseball. :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

data said:
There was 2 on the jays were tied 6-6 bottom of the 9th. Reed johnson steps up to the plate. STABILIZER. He swings a loud pop is heard. Everyone is screaming "go go go go AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH" A homer. Johnson's walk off homer won the game. We beat the World champions in baseball. :cool:

Nice

You've got a diamond
You've got nine men
You've got a hat and a bat
And that's not all
You've got the bleachers
Got 'em from spring 'til fall
You got a dog and a drink
And the umpire's call
Waddaya want?
Let's play ball!

(Chorus)
Okay (okay)
Blue Jays (Blue Jays)
Let's (Let's) Play (Play) Ball!

Is that a fly ball
Or is it a seagull
Coming in from the lake
Just to catch the game?
It's the last inning
Our guys are winning
Dave's put down a smoker
A strike
And you've got no doubt
(You're out!)
Waddaya want?
Let's play ball!

(Chorus)

It's a beautiful evenin', fans
At the ballpark
Warm summer breezes
Sun's goin' down
And it's all dark
At the ballpark
But that's okay…it's a night game
Waddaya want?
Let's play ball!

(Chorus)

Bring on the White Sox
Bring on the BoSox
Bring on the Brewers
The Rangers and the Yankees too
We'll beat the Indians
We'll beat the Tigers
We'll beat the A's so bad it'll make
Billy blue
Waddaya want?
Let's play ball!

(Chorus)

Members don't see this ad :)
Most memorable cheer of the night was one guy about 20 seats to the left of us was shouting from the top of the skydome saying.
1. "JOHNNY, JOHNNY. I KNO YOU CAN HEAR ME. I HATE YOUUUUU" You just had to be there..he was so loud everyone on our side of the dome could here him.
2. We had a guy who sat 4 seats to the left of us (another *****) who yelled "SCAB" at menechino whom i'm not mistake got an RBI in the game. But we were so freaked out at him and found it soo funny cause no one knew what he was saying. So we joined him. SCAB SCAB...lol. Scab is a white rental player, hence menechino was an italian rental player. This guy was british who was screaming scab. lol.
3. "take it off" the girls who sat next to us screamed this out to Johnny Damon...2 dollars for the tickets and some moments are just priceless foreverthing else there is mastercard.
Oh and I GOT A free t-shirt for signing up for mastercard. Toronto blue jays. but looks very nasty. Oh well you get what u paid for.
4. Sunny and i started screaming "ARRE JOHNNY HIT DA BALL YAR"...it was soo funny. There was a lot of brown people in the dome which surprised me.
5. When we were down 3-0 in the beginning I started screaming "HIT HIM" Cause the pitcher was so useless he kept giving up triples and doubles. He'd have better luck letting the guys take a base.
6. the weirdest sound was the guy who was playing the harmonica. He just played one note...why couldn't he play a song. :laugh:
7. I think sunny screamed out "GO WRITE ANOTHER BOOK" or was that me...its all a blur my voice is gone...too much screaming. Is this how getting wasted feels like? :laugh:

Yeah, Data and I went to downtown yesterday, and we had some journey. We went to Gerrard Street to eat at an Indian buffet. We headed into the first one that was open. I had the Butter Chicken, Tandoori Chicken, Matar Paneer, Daal, Basmati Rice, and Naan. Data had the Matar Paneer, Daal, Saag Paneer, Naan, Aloo Gobi, Basmati Rice, and Gulab Jamun (I couldn't force myself to eat anymore). Our server overheard our discussion on religion (I was telling Data how we can't see the stone bridge, formed by Nal&Neel by writing Ram on the stones, between India and Sri Lanka), and decided to offer his 2 cents (although it was more like 10 dollars worth). He started asking us if we know Hinduism, now or read the Ramayan/Mahabharat, are familiar with the four Vedas, and so on.... He started telling us how there is no religion except for one, which we must find out ourselves. He made numerous references to shaytan and krishna, and said religion is like finding a lottery ticket on a table with 6 million other tickets. He kept coming back to us to tell us that we needed to study religion in their original texts, and not from any translations. He called all the swamis and swaminis of India fakes, and told us to go and test them by asking them to tell us what we did on such and such date.

We left as soon as we were able to stand. We did see a bagpiper at the old ractrack on Lakeshore road. We didn't know if he wanted money or not (we didn't have much), so we stayed about 500 feet away and took a picture. lol

DSC01280.jpg

So our journey began from Gerrard Street, and we were going to walk all the way to the Skydome (my mom and dad called me crazy for doing so because A) the distance between the two places is 5.38miles, and b) it was cloudy, windy, and was upposed to rain). We went anyways :p . We took a bunch of pics along the way, some very weird. Apparently the weather wasn't too bad at all, and we were expecting that it would've taken us about 4 hours to get to the Skydome, but it only took us a little over two and a half hours.

DSC01282.jpg

DSC01286.jpg

DSC01304.jpg

DSC01294.jpg

DSC01295.jpg

cont'd....

DSC01306.jpg

DSC01290.jpg

DSC01317.jpg

We arrived at the Skydome (Rogers Centre, whatever u wanna call it), and got approached by a lot of scalpers. They asked if we were interested in buying tickets, we said yeah, they asked how much you willing to spend, we said two bucks, they said forget it. We walked on.... till we hit the ticket counter. We asked for the best seats two bucks could buy, and we ended up in the 500 section, row 1.

DSC01359.jpg

We walked around the stadium and visited the gift shop. Data wanted to get this Blue Jay chain with crystals around it aka his very first bling hehe. He even tried asking the lady for a discount, but to no avail he had to pay full price :laugh: .

bling.jpg

I'm telling you, those seats were just awesome!! We could see everything, and we weren't cramped at all. Now as soon as these two girls sat down beside us, I felt seriously cramped (they were hefty girls). They didn't know what was going on, kept complaining, and put their feet up (that's right, removed their shoes and smelly socks). Oh well....

DSC01343.jpg

DSC01349.jpg

Data and I were true fans at the game. We even had this British business man joining in our jeers. He was yelling out weird things like, "You're a SCAB!!!!" and some other things we couldn't make out. There was also this guy a couple seats down from us, that was yelling at Johnny Damon (who's on the Red Sox), saying: "Johnny!! I know you can hear me!! I hate you!!!". I was yelling, "Shave your head!!!" The moti girl beside me yelled "Hey!! I like long hair!" to which I replied, "So do I!". Data wanted to chant "Sine! Sine! Cosine sine!! 3.14159!! Gooo Blue Jays!!!", but we didn't think anyone else would get it. The game was absolutely amazing. We saw three homers being punched out into the stands, and everyone went crazy!

The ride home on the subway was also intense. Everyoen coming home from the game were packing into the subways like ants. I got home at around midnight, and I was sooo tired. My eyes were totally fried.

I wanna go again.

Sunny
DSC01339.jpg

cool pics guys. seems like you guys had fun! BOSTON RED SOX ALL THE WAY!!!!!!! :p

saffronrain said:
cool pics guys. seems like you guys had fun! BOSTON RED SOX ALL THE WAY!!!!!!! :p
BOOOOO Boston!!! :laugh:

sunny123 said:
Now as soon as these two girls sat down beside us, I felt seriously cramped (they were hefty girls). They didn't know what was going on, kept complaining, and put their feet up (that's right, removed their shoes and smelly socks). Oh well....
:eek: :scared: :wow:

sunny123 said:
He was yelling out weird things like, "You're a SCAB!!!!" and some other things we couldn't make out. There was also this guy a couple seats down from us, that was yelling at Johnny Damon (who's on the Red Sox), saying: "Johnny!! I know you can hear me!! I hate you!!!". I was yelling, "Shave your head!!!" The moti girl beside me yelled "Hey!! I like long hair!" to which I replied, "So do I!". Data wanted to chant "Sine! Sine! Cosine sine!! 3.14159!! Gooo Blue Jays!!!", but we didn't think anyone else would get it.

:laugh: :clap: :laugh:
looks like you guys had a lot of fun....i didn't know u 2 knew each other...
but nice description....funny too.... ;)

Yo sunny lets go to the other 2$ game. Is it next tuesday?

WHO LIKES MY BLING BLING? :laugh:
My friends call me blue jay...well its a long story. No one can pronounce my name hence the short name Jay....I wanted to die myself blue just to show my loyalty to the jays. Plus i'm a fanatic. hence the name blue jay.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey jay, whatz ur actual name & where do u hail from?
data said:
WHO LIKES MY BLING BLING? :laugh:
My friends call me blue jay...well its a long story. No one can pronounce my name hence the short name Jay....I wanted to die myself blue just to show my loyalty to the jays. Plus i'm a fanatic. hence the name blue jay.

prady said:
hey jay, whatz ur actual name & where do u hail from?
I hail where the feilds are golden yellow, green and sometimes blue. lol
Guess...those who know don't guess...nor help.

data said:
Can I guess? ;) :p j/k

Good pictures and nice bling, data! Seems like quite an adventure you guys had :laugh:

rxgal8 said:
Can I guess? ;) :p j/k

Good pictures and nice bling, data! Seems like quite an adventure you guys had :laugh:
yo whats my bling bling made out of? saphire crystals?

data said:
yo whats my bling bling made out of? saphire crystals?
hmm..i have no idea :confused:

rxgal8 said:
hmm..i have no idea :confused:
oh i got it swarovski crystals ...anyone heard of these?

Dude you missed the sarod story. We picked up my future instrument. My love my beautiful sarode. :laugh: It look so cheap for 600canadian dollars. I don't know anyone know a good place in US(since thats where most of you are living)
this is the ali akbar website
http://aacm.org/shop/sarode.html
S-RKS-1.jpg

this is what i think a sarode should look like. but this site has very expensive top of the line prof. sarodes.

SOMEONE HELP ME. There is only one sarode guru in toronto. And he says go to india to buy it....useless. :mad:

hey sunny, just to add to the above I think it was a good sarode. Don't know why it was so cheap. Its definitely not a beginner sarode. :confused:

Another question is, has anyone travelled with their instrument? I mean the sarode is metal for a good portion of it. Will the security crack it open and see if there is anything that should not be there? you know what i mean. I don't want them messing with my instrument...lol.

data said:
Dude you missed the sarod story. We picked up my future instrument. My love my beautiful sarode. :laugh: It look so cheap for 600canadian dollars. I don't know anyone know a good place in US(since thats where most of you are living)
S-RKS-1.jpg

this is what i think a sarode should look like. but this site has very expensive top of the line prof. sarodes.

SOMEONE HELP ME. There is only one sarode guru in toronto. And he says go to india to buy it....useless. :mad:

good luck with it.. i'd try google.. or ask people (older indians - aunties and uncles) if they know of good places where you could get one. :luck:

data said:
S-RKS-1.jpg

What was there to say? The store owner thought I was his long lost brother, said how I never come into his shop anymore, and you wouldn't even play the sarod, let alone pick it up from the box. Mann, just go to India yourself, scope out Delhi, and I'm sure you can get the type of sarod you want. I'm guessing you won't be happy with the type of imported stuff ppl are bringing here.

sunny123 said:
What was there to say? The store owner thought I was his long lost brother, said how I never come into his shop anymore, and you wouldn't even play the sarod, let alone pick it up from the box. Mann, just go to India yourself, scope out Delhi, and I'm sure you can get the type of sarod you want. I'm guessing you won't be happy with the type of imported stuff ppl are bringing here.
MANN? its DATA not preston manning :laugh:

data said:
MANN? its DATA not preston manning :laugh:
Hey remember when that stabilizer put his bat on his crotch i mean what the hell does he do that for? Good luck?

data said:

HEHEHE (evil)
Dancer-01.gif

hopeful05 said:
HEHEHE (evil)
Dancer-01.gif
^ what the hell is that? is it the newjersey devil?

Dattatreya???

hopeful05 said:
Dattatreya???
:laugh: "very close very close toooooooooooooooo far away"

New jersey devil...wats dat?

naah i was just playing along with teh guessing game