Creighton Class of 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I received my email to interview about three days after my student portal was updated. I had already scheduled it online and received my confirmation email. Lol
let us know how your interview goes :clap: mine is next week :banana:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck to everyone who's interviewing tomorrow!

How did everyone's interview go on the 6th? :) How did the interview go and how long did it take? Did they tell you how long before you would know anything?

How did everyone's interview go on the 6th? :) How did the interview go and how long did it take? Did they tell you how long before you would know anything?

I think it went amazing but of course the true test is always how the adcom thinks you did. Lol The day started at 8 AM and went until about 3:30 I believe. The interview itself was 25 - 30 minutes I believe. And Mackenzie said it takes about 3 - 4 weeks to hear back but obviously they try to tell people sooner.

Are you interviewing tomorrow?

Good luck to those who are interviewing tomorrow! I'm curious to hear how many will be in that group as the first round for distance was really small.

I think it went amazing but of course the true test is always how the adcom thinks you did. Lol The day started at 8 AM and went until about 3:30 I believe. The interview itself was 25 - 30 minutes I believe. And Mackenzie said it takes about 3 - 4 weeks to hear back but obviously they try to tell people sooner.

Are you interviewing tomorrow?
I am interviewing December 11th for the distance program. Do you know how many they interviewed for the first interview for the distance program? And was the one on one interview done at the very beginning of the interview?

I was invited to interview for their Distance Pathway Pharmacy program. I selected the Dec. 11th date. Second interview for this year, which I am hoping will calm my nerves a bit! :) Do any of you know how many students they interviewed for the Distance Pathway program, last year?
I am interviewing that day too for the distance program!!! It's my second interview also! :)

I am interviewing December 11th for the distance program. Do you know how many they interviewed for the first interview for the distance program? And was the one on one interview done at the very beginning of the interview?

They interviewed five of us for distance. The interviews were actually done towards the end of the day at 2 I think? Which is sort of nerve wracking at first, but was actually nice because it gave you a chance to relax a bit first. They're so awesome there! Friendly and helpful and they want to make sure you have plenty of time to ask questions and make sure you really understand the program and what Creighton is all about.

My application just stated I was selected to interview...no email yet though :shifty: Distance pathway

They interviewed five of us for distance. The interviews were actually done towards the end of the day at 2 I think? Which is sort of nerve wracking at first, but was actually nice because it gave you a chance to relax a bit first. They're so awesome there! Friendly and helpful and they want to make sure you have plenty of time to ask questions and make sure you really understand the program and what Creighton is all about.
Did they tell you how ling it would be before you knew their decision?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did they tell you how ling it would be before you knew their decision?

Mackenzie said it can take up to 3 - 4 weeks, but they try to let people know sooner obviously.

My application just stated I was selected to interview...no email yet though :shifty: Distance pathway

Congrats! If it showed up online you should be able to schedule one now. Mackenzie explained that the applicant portal is updated as soon as they decide to interview someone, but the email can take a few days as they have to go in and manually send those. I received mine 3 days after I had scheduled my interview and received a confirmation email. Lol

What questions did they ask for the distance interview?

What questions did they ask for the distance interview?

Most of the questions focused on your understanding of the distance pathway, but of course there were the more traditional questions too such as "why pharmacy".

How did interviews go?
it went okay i guess lol. I wish they had put the interview earlier in the day. My group was the last group to be interviewed so I was dead tired haha. Overall it was nice. Everyone was very welcoming and tried to make you comfy. I really hope to hear back early :ninja:

it went okay i guess lol. I wish they had put the interview earlier in the day. My group was the last group to be interviewed so I was dead tired haha. Overall it was nice. Everyone was very welcoming and tried to make you comfy. I really hope to hear back early :ninja:

How many people interviewed?

there were about 14 I think?

My interview went pretty good, we had a conversation on random stuff. We will see in the next few weeks if it actually went good haha.

My interview went pretty good, we had a conversation on random stuff. We will see in the next few weeks if it actually went good haha.

Good sized group then. Lol waiting is always the hardest part. Hopefully we'll all get in.

What questions did they ask you?

What questions did they ask you?

Nothing special really. Just asked what's my favorite and most challenging class. Tell me about yourself. And from then on, they asked me more questions based on what I said.

But really you have nothing to worry about. It's really relaxing and you are just having a conversation.

Nothing special really. Just asked what's my favorite and most challenging class. Tell me about yourself. And from then on, they asked me more questions based on what I said.

But really you have nothing to worry about. It's really relaxing and you are just having a conversation.

I agree. The atmosphere was amazing! Compared to other interviews I've had (pharmacy school and otherwise) they definitely did their best to put you at ease and I felt like they were actually listening to my answers and really wanted to learn about me.

For the people that already interviewed, what time was the interview over? The website said not to book flights leaving any earlier than 5pm, Interviewing 12/10.

For the people that already interviewed, what time was the interview over? The website said not to book flights leaving any earlier than 5pm, Interviewing 12/10.
the interview is the last part of the day unfortunately haha. I finished at almost 3 when others who were in ealier interview groups finished a bit earlier. and they wont tell you which group you're in until 1-ish

My group (very small, only 5 people) was done by about 3:15 I believe, but I left a bit later as I had a question about one of my pre-reqs

Does anyone know if this school is good? i keep getting emails from them , special invitation to apply. Once apply , u get first priority interview dates. i get this because i entered the pharmacy virtual chat. It seems like a cheap school, Is it one of those commercial schools u see on tv but for pharmacy? it so expensive and so far away in middle of nowhere

Does anyone know if this school is good? i keep getting emails from them , special invitation to apply. Once apply , u get first priority interview dates. i get this because i entered the pharmacy virtual chat. It seems like a cheap school, Is it one of those commercial schools u see on tv but for pharmacy? it so expensive and so far away in middle of nowhere

it is a really good school. One of the top 40. I am from the area and you think it's in the middle of nowhere but Omaha is a large city with lots of things to do.
It's a great program with many opportunities to do rotations since there are tons of hospitals and clinics.
Most of their graduates will have about 2-5 jobs lined up before graduating. They also have high residency placement too.
I loved this school when I was young but after my interview I fell in love with it even more.
They also work closely with the medical/dental/nursing school which is very nice.
Also everyone is Nebraska is really friendly.

Reactions: 2 users

Creighton is an amazing school. Their pharmacy program has been around for over 100 years with their distance pathway being in play since 2001. It is NOT one of those ones that puts commercials on TV but for pharmacy although I can guess who some of them are. Creighton also has a great reputation nationwide.

Any you guys heard back from your interview yet? I have a feeling that they are going to send letters out this week!

Any you guys heard back from your interview yet? I have a feeling that they are going to send letters out this week!

Still waiting. This week will be three weeks though so it should be soon. I hope.

I spoke to Mackenzie via email and she said they're hoping to send out letters today or tomorrow. The delay has been because they've had trouble linking student IDs for the people who were admitted. I know it's hard, but hopefully we'll only have to be patient a little longer. Fingers crossed!

I spoke to Mackenzie via email and she said they're hoping to send out letters today or tomorrow. The delay has been because they've had trouble linking student IDs for the people who were admitted. I know it's hard, but hopefully we'll only have to be patient a little longer. Fingers crossed!

Same goes for campus pathway or just distance?

Any news yet on anyone's acceptance?

Nope. I'm pretty sure I'll get something next week because this morning they sent me an email about choosing my pathway (which I already did in August) and saw that my profile was updated this morning and everything was completed and gone. So I guess the deal is done. Hopefully it's good news. :nailbiting:

Nope. I'm pretty sure I'll get something next week because this morning they sent me an email about choosing my pathway (which I already did in August) and saw that my profile was updated this morning and everything was completed and gone. So I guess the deal is done. Hopefully it's good news. :nailbiting:

Lol I noticed that too and I was confused. Then when I clicked on it, it said I'd already chosen my pathway back in August - which is true.

Lol I noticed that too and I was confused. Then when I clicked on it, it said I'd already chosen my pathway back in August - which is true.
Can you guys call to find out your answer? What date did you guys interiew?

How long did they tell you it would take to make a decision and do they only tell you by mail?
They said it'd take 3 to 4 weeks. They may notice you over the phone in addition to the mail. No email whatsoever :boom:

I received my email to interview about three days after my student portal was updated. I had already scheduled it online and received my confirmation email. Lol
Thank you for your response! My student portal says I have an been selected to interview but I still haven't received my email.

I was invited to interview for their Distance Pathway Pharmacy program. I selected the Dec. 11th date. Second interview for this year, which I am hoping will calm my nerves a bit! :) Do any of you know how many students they interviewed for the Distance Pathway program, last year?
I am interviewing for the distance program this Friday as well!!

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you for your response! My student portal says I have an been selected to interview but I still haven't received my email.

It's because there's a system glitch of sorts. Mackenzie explained it to me when I asked. When they make the decision to interview someone, it updates on the portal immediately, but the email notifying you is sent "by hand" so it takes longer to go out.

They said it'd take 3 to 4 weeks. They may notice you over the phone in addition to the mail. No email whatsoever :boom:

They did say 3 - 4 weeks, but I know there was an issue with linking student IDs for the students they accepted so there was a delay in sending out notification letters. I'm not sure if it has been resolved yet or not though.