Creighton Class of 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AstraZ

prn
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering who else is applying and if anyone has heard anything yet regarding interviews? I know the preferred deadline is November 1, but I don't know if those who have a complete app have heard yet since the first interview date for distance is 11/6.

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't heard anything. I want to call them to see if they received everything they needed and to give them a hint that I'm waiting.

I haven't heard anything. I want to call them to see if they received everything they needed and to give them a hint that I'm waiting.

Waiting is so hard! Lol you could definitely check to make sure everything was received. Did you do your supplemental yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh I know they received everything. I just want to find a nice subtle way to ask when the interviews are given out.
And yeah I submitted my supp app on the first week of sept.

Reactions: 1 user
Oh I know they received everything. I just want to find a nice subtle way to ask when the interviews are given out.
And yeah I submitted my supp app on the first week of sept.

Lol if you find out let me know. Although I don't have a prayer until my PCAT results post. Lol

I just checked my status and they said they are holding my application until my sept pcat is received too. So i guess i am on the same boat as you. Hopefully it won't take as long as 5 weeks.

I just checked my status and they said they are holding my application until my sept pcat is received too. So i guess i am on the same boat as you. Hopefully it won't take as long as 5 weeks.

Just checked and confirmed mine says the same. I really hope it doesn't either. I was hoping the PCAT scores would be in PharmCAS before 11/1 but I know there's a chance they won't be. Not the end of the world, but it would be great to be in the first round of reviews.

It might be in before November. Bc my July pcat took about 3 1/2 weeks.
But yeah I do want the first round of interviews.
The second one is in December which is pretty far. Wish they had another one in November.

It might be in before November. Bc my July pcat took about 3 1/2 weeks.
But yeah I do want the first round of interviews.
The second one is in December which is pretty far. Wish they had another one in November.

Me too. I want to tell them "hey even if you decide on 11/1 you want me to interview, I'll be there 11/6" lol

The PCAT scores are released!! Yay! Then we will have an interview in November hopefully.

The PCAT scores are released!! Yay! Then we will have an interview in November hopefully.

I just saw that on Pearson. I wonder how long until they're onPharmCAS...

It will take like 2 or 3 days if I remembered. By the end of next week I'm sure.

It will take like 2 or 3 days if I remembered. By the end of next week I'm sure.

That would be so awesome! I'll keep fingers crossed for both of us for November.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey my pcat is on pharmcas now. Let me know if you hear anything from them about interviews!

Hey my pcat is on pharmcas now. Let me know if you hear anything from them about interviews!

Mine too! Oh this is so exciting. Now my apps are 100% complete and I can theoretically hear from the schools I applied to at any time. I'll keep you posted and please let me know if/when you hear anything. Good luck!!!

Has your applicant portal been updated yet with the PCAT score?

Ugh no... I've been checking everyday.
The last time they looked at my app was the 8th.

I already received an interview at Colorado for the 30th of this month and I am like come on Creighton, step up your game.

Last edited:
Ugh no... I've been checking everyday.
The last time they looked at my app was the 8th.

I already received an interview at Colorado for the 30th of this month and I am like come on Creighton, step up your game.

Lol I keep checking too! I called a few days ago to see if I need to do anything for them to update my app, but I haven't heard back.

Good luck at Colorado! You'll do awesome.

They didn't answer? I thought they would have someone to talk to directly.

Gosh I hope they get us in that November interview. I don't have the patience to wait for December.

But thank you! I'm super nervous since it is my first interview. Ha I don't even know how to prepare because I feel like I will go blank.

Has anyone else received an interview invite via email? I checked my supplemental status on the website and it says that I have been selected to interview but haven't gotten an email like it said I would... So I emailed but still haven't heard anything.

They didn't answer? I thought they would have someone to talk to directly.

Gosh I hope they get us in that November interview. I don't have the patience to wait for December.

But thank you! I'm super nervous since it is my first interview. Ha I don't even know how to prepare because I feel like I will go blank.

It rang for awhile and then went to a voicemail box. I'm guessing they're super busy but I'd feel better if the scores were linked already. I don't want to be a pest, but I'm tempted to follow up tomorrow.

Has anyone else received an interview invite via email? I checked my supplemental status on the website and it says that I have been selected to interview but haven't gotten an email like it said I would... So I emailed but still haven't heard anything.

Did you double check the spam folder just in case? Good idea on emailing them though. I'd try calling if you haven't back in a few days,

It rang for awhile and then went to a voicemail box. I'm guessing they're super busy but I'd feel better if the scores were linked already. I don't want to be a pest, but I'm tempted to follow up tomorrow.

No please be a pest because I am going to be one tomorrow lol. I am going to try calling them until they pick up. And you are going to do that too haha.

No please be a pest because I am going to be one tomorrow lol. I am going to try calling them until they pick up. And you are going to do that too haha.

Lol I am going to try again. Keep me posted. Hopefully at least one of us will get ahold of them. I definitely want an interview in November if there's any possibility at all.

As of 8:30ish this morning mine updated saying it is under pre-requisite review or something to that effect. All I can do now is keep checking and praying. I hope yours was updated to.

Just checked and mine said the same! But really, it may take up to 3 weeks for a decision?!

But yeah all we can is check and pray for the best!

Just checked and mine said the same! But really, it may take up to 3 weeks for a decision?!

But yeah all we can is check and pray for the best!

I saw that too! There's still a chance though for November. Fingers crossed!

My application is being reviewed! Yay!! Let's get this show on the road!

Here's what it said:
"Application is complete and currently being reviewed by the faculty admission committee. Typically the admission committee is able to complete their review within about three weeks, however review can take longer during peak application time. Your patience is greatly appreciated!"

Sweet. And now I wait...again..

Here's what it said:
"Application is complete and currently being reviewed by the faculty admission committee. Typically the admission committee is able to complete their review within about three weeks, however review can take longer during peak application time. Your patience is greatly appreciated!"

Sweet. And now I wait...again..

Yay! Fingers crossed for you. And me. Lol

yes of course! Hope they review us quick enough for the interview!

Did you ever get a response back pharmsuu 42?

My status was just updated as well... I got an interview!!!!!! Come on November! Lol

AstraZ - do you mind sharing your stats? I haven't even started either of my applications and I'm wondering if I even have a chance.

My status was just updated as well... I got an interview!!!!!! Come on November! Lol
Yeah I actually did, I got a response saying that the system was in the middle of updates so they hadn't sent out all the invitations. But I just got the formal invitation a couple of days ago! Pretty cool stuff.

Reactions: 1 users
AstraZ - do you mind sharing your stats? I haven't even started either of my applications and I'm wondering if I even have a chance.

My GPA and PCAT aren't stellar, but I've got a strong pharmacy background and I've proved that the medical problems were the issue that semester and that I've turned things around. But here are my stats:

VA: 91
Bio: 74
RC: 51
QA: 82
Chem: 61
Composite: 79
Writing: 4

Other stats:
* PharmCAS cGPA: 3.02
* PharmCAS sGPA: 2.75 (both were brought down significantly by a disqualifying semester in pharmacy school 10 years ago due to severe medical problems. I've since graduated with my B.S. in Microbiology with a 3.96 GPA)
* 6 years as a pharm tech (retail, mail order, compounding, and hospital)
* Research experience
* 3 awesome LORs
* Weekly volunteer for a non-profit organization since Feb 2015
* Provide free tutoring for the PTCE (mainly the math section as the rest is just memorization)
* Lots of leadership experience

One of the things I really like about Creighton is they understand there's more to being a pharmacist than getting perfect scores on everything. You can have a 4.0 and 99's across the board on your PCAT and still be a terrible pharmacist. Yes, you need to be able to handle the rigors of pharmacy school, but there are traits people need to excel in the field that can't be taught in a classroom or learned from a book.

If you're interested in them, take the shot and apply. You never know. But I would jump on that ASAP because once the spots are filled, that's it for the year. If you have any other questions, let me know.

Yeah I actually did, I got a response saying that the system was in the middle of updates so they hadn't sent out all the invitations. But I just got the formal invitation a couple of days ago! Pretty cool stuff.

Thank you. I'm going to call them tomorrow after class if the email still hasn't arrived to be on the safe side. Are you applying for distance or regular?

Did you get an email? It says on the website that i got an interview too but they havent sent me anything. I will probably call them tmr

Did you get an email? It says on the website that i got an interview too but they havent sent me anything. I will probably call them tmr

Congrats! I did not get an email so I will be calling today as someone had mentioned they're having some system issues.

Thank you. I'm going to call them tomorrow after class if the email still hasn't arrived to be on the safe side. Are you applying for distance or regular?
I applied for the regular campus pathway. Congrats to you as well for getting an interview!
They will email you within a couple days. If not I would say to just contact them. They are really nice and helpful.

I applied for the regular campus pathway. Congrats to you as well for getting an interview!
They will email you within a couple days. If not I would say to just contact them. They are really nice and helpful.

I called this morning and the woman I spoke to said she'd check into it for me and someone would get back to at some point today. They are wonderful there. Good luck at your interview! When is it?

Congrats! I did not get an email so I will be calling today as someone had mentioned they're having some system issues.
I was able to schedule my interview just now on their website. kinda weird because i still havent got any email from them :D

I was able to schedule my interview just now on their website. kinda weird because i still havent got any email from them :D

Lol me too (I checked of course after I saw your post). I'll take it though. Time to book flights and such. Sooo excited! Good luck everyone!

Anyone get an interview for creighton distance pathway?

I did! Next Friday!
Ah I wanted to go Nov 6 but I'll be in Texas bc my younger brother is graduating from Air Force basic training that day. I had to choose Dec instead. Is Creighton your first choice?

Ah I wanted to go Nov 6 but I'll be in Texas bc my younger brother is graduating from Air Force basic training that day. I had to choose Dec instead. Is Creighton your first choice?

Congrats to your brother! :clap:

And yes, it is. Hands down. How about you?

I was invited to interview for their Distance Pathway Pharmacy program. I selected the Dec. 11th date. Second interview for this year, which I am hoping will calm my nerves a bit! :) Do any of you know how many students they interviewed for the Distance Pathway program, last year?

I received my email to schedule an interview a few days after I actually scheduled my interview through the Creighton student portal. It must take a few days after they the approve your application for the email to be sent out, and the student portal must be updated immediately.

I received my email to schedule an interview a few days after I actually scheduled my interview through the Creighton student portal. It must take a few days after they the approve your application for the email to be sent out, and the student portal must be updated immediately.

I received my email to interview about three days after my student portal was updated. I had already scheduled it online and received my confirmation email. Lol