Creighton Class of 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi everyone, congratulations on your acceptances!!! I was accepted into the Distance Pathway and I am wondering if there is a current student that can help by answering a few of my questions. My main concern is setting up IPPEs and APPEs in my local area. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone, congratulations on your acceptances!!! I was accepted into the Distance Pathway and I am wondering if there is a current student that can help by answering a few of my questions. My main concern is setting up IPPEs and APPEs in my local area. Thanks!
What area are you from? I would talk to OEE... PM me if you need their contact info. They're amazing!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know where the distance students staying for welcome week? I heard we would get a discount for hotels but how much? Because I know the people staying in dorm rooms are paying 15$ a day plus meals ( or it was like that last year)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know where the distance students staying for welcome week? I heard we would get a discount for hotels but how much? Because I know the people staying in dorm rooms are paying 15$ a day plus meals ( or it was like that last year)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I was recently accepted so I still don't know about any hotel discount.

I would re-title this thread Creighton Distance Pharmacy Class of 2020 to avoid confusion.

I was recently accepted so I still don't know about any hotel discount.
$35ish per day for dorms. They have a kitchen and are a great way to connect with classmates. They are 10 minute walk to campus. No hotel is that close and the cheapest hotels in the past were $60 a night and 10 minutes driving to campus.

Could anyone who has interviewed at Creighton for the distance program give more information on what the interviewers expect you to know regarding Ignatian values?

Is anyone scheduled to interview for the Distance Pathway this Friday, April 22nd?

Reactions: 1 users
Biochemistry and physiology

Do you recall how old your biochem and physiology classes were? I took an upper-level biochem class already, but it was during the fall 2016 semester.... just past Creighton's 5-year cutoff :(. I was hoping that maybe, just maybe they weren't that strict about it?

Could anyone who has interviewed at Creighton for the distance program give more information on what the interviewers expect you to know regarding Ignatian values?

Hey, just sent you a message regarding interview day, hope it will help. Good luck!

For those who have an interview coming up, just be your yourself! From my recent experience I felt like the school was trying to get to know you just as you are learning more details about the program. No trick questions, do know the usual ones. Best of luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, just sent you a message regarding interview day, hope it will help. Good luck!

For those who have an interview coming up, just be your yourself! From my recent experience I felt like the school was trying to get to know you just as you are learning more details about the program. No trick questions, do know the usual ones. Best of luck everyone!
I'd like to know too .

Would you please let me know, too?

Last edited:

Hello! Can you please send me some info regarding the interview I would greatly appreciate it!

For those of us who have already interviewed, what does it mean if we log-in to the admissions portal, click "Check Status," and it says "no status found?" Does that just mean they haven't updated our file with an admissions decision yet?

For those of us who have already interviewed, what does it mean if we log-in to the admissions portal, click "Check Status," and it says "no status found?" Does that just mean they haven't updated our file with an admissions decision yet?
This happened to me shortly after my interview. It doesn't really mean anything. I freaked out at first, but don't! Just take some deep breaths and wait it out! They will get back to you in about four weeks from your interview date.

invitation to apply, first interview slots, scholarship priority, did u guys get this email from Creighton?

This was an extremely difficult decision, but I withdrew my seat for the distance pathway. Good luck to everyone!

This was an extremely difficult decision, but I withdrew my seat for the distance pathway. Good luck to everyone!
Aw man, no study groups in Hawaii?! Good luck wherever you decided to go!

Aw man, no study groups in Hawaii?! Good luck wherever you decided to go!

I apologize! I'm pretty sure there are better reasons to visit Hawaii. Lol. Yeah, I already started classes doing MBA/PharmD. Good luck to you.

I also withdrew my acceptance. I can't believe how difficult the decision was . I saw myself as a creighton student.

I haven't seen anything for people hoping to get into Creighton's pharmacy school beginning fall 2017 (c/o 2021). My apologies if I've missed that, but I wanted to get some discussion going for those that have been accepted, preparing for interviews, and still applying.

I have an interview December 9th (9 days away) and was looking for advice/ answers to some questions:

- I don't own a suit coat, am I going to look unprofessional with out one?

- I was told I probably wouldn't get the December 9th interview date because app review might take too long to get me in, but they did get me in and it's such a late notice that I don't have much time for mocks and such, are the interviews casual enough that I'll be ok?

- (sorry, last question) is it going to be a bad idea to carry a big backpack around during the tour and interviews? My hotel's checkout is at 2:00 pm and I couldn't get the room for another night in order to leave my bag at the hotel.

Wear a suit or sport coat. Be overdressed not under dressed.
Check the questions on this website that are asked. 2 profs will interview. They will ask standard questions and additional questions based off your answers.
Luggage will be held at the school. They are aware people are traveling and may be going directly to the airport.

Thanks,

Current P3 distance student

Wear a suit or sport coat. Be overdressed not under dressed.
Check the questions on this website that are asked. 2 profs will interview. They will ask standard questions and additional questions based off your answers.
Luggage will be held at the school. They are aware people are traveling and may be going directly to the airport.

Thanks,

Current P3 distance student

Looks like I'll might need to do some shopping! Thanks for your help!

I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch, but I'm wondering what all of you have found to be useful as far as computers go. I'll need a new one regardless of where I go but, I'm wondering what everyone's experience has been with a few questions.

Is the minimum hard drive storage amount necessary? Or can I get by with less storage and external HD's?

I'm typically a Mac user but I'm considering the Microsoft SP4. I know I'll have to get a Wacom for the Mac, but if there are any suggestions based on Creighton's software compatibilities, I'd love some insight (buyers remorse prophylactics).

Hi everyone, sorry for resurrecting an old threat. I was accepted to Creighton this Fall 2017 and was wondering how the curriculum is set up. I looked at the schedule and it seems completely full without the space for electives. So how are electives fit in with the schedule? Do you have to take them on top of the 19+ units you're taking each semester? Also, how are exams/ quizzes scheduled? Are they spread out evenly so we have some space to prepare or is it dense and heavy? (several quizzes/ exams per week) Thank you.

Hi everyone, sorry for resurrecting an old threat. I was accepted to Creighton this Fall 2017 and was wondering how the curriculum is set up. I looked at the schedule and it seems completely full without the space for electives. So how are electives fit in with the schedule? Do you have to take them on top of the 19+ units you're taking each semester? Also, how are exams/ quizzes scheduled? Are they spread out evenly so we have some space to prepare or is it dense and heavy? (several quizzes/ exams per week) Thank you.
Distance or Campus Pathway? They are not spread out and different electives are offered during different semesters. Some are offered over a weekend such as a Compounding Boot Camp. Other require prerequisites for so you will have to wait. Pick something your interested in because a boring elective will be neglected given your other courses and you may not perform well in it.

I'm going to campus pathway. So the electives are stacked on top of the required course? Wouldn't it make the semester 20+ credits total? That seems quite heavy. How about the exams?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using SDN mobile

Yes. I'm currently taking 21 hours. Anything over 21hrs requires faculty advisor approval. The exams are all very different and based on the instructor, some are easier than others. They are what they are and subsequent ones do not get easier just because the class average is low. They are not designed to fail students, but to test your understanding of what material the instructor feels is important. Oh, and you'll find that some 2 hour course require more time than a 3 or 4 hour course. There is no cap on how much "studying" you should be doing by faculty.

Wow, so did they at least schedule the exams so we don't get several of them in one day or one right next to each other? The graduation rate at this school is a bit low. How do youfeel about the work load now? Doesn't it get harder in p2?

Wow, so did they at least schedule the exams so we don't get several of them in one day or one right next to each other? The graduation rate at this school is a bit low. How do youfeel about the work load now? Doesn't it get harder in p2?

Some 2-3 hour classes also won't take that much studying. It really depends on the class. Your more science-based classes will take longer and the less science-based will take less studying. Also, rotations in the summer count towards the credit count some semesters (IPPEs). So that's something that you are doing in the summer and not actually happening during the semester. You also have the option to waive some classes if you haven take them before (like Physiology and Biostatistics). So that can shorten your credit count.
P2 does get harder. It is suppose to be the hardest year, but I can tell you some of my classmates thought first semester of P3 was harder. P3 has a lot of group work, so if your group sucks (you get to pick it), your semester may very well suck. I personally thought second semester of P2 was the worst, but the program does listen and they try to make things better.
P1 I don't really remember the exam schedule (and I'm sure it's changed), so someone else can probably answer that better. P2 and P3 year I think they get better about not making you have too many exams in a given week. You will have some days where you have 2 exams though and midterms can be a little stressful. But it all comes down to you and your time management too. Some of my classmates work a lot, some have kids, some don't work and don't have kids. Creighton doesn't want you to fail. Plenty of people before you have done it :)

Reactions: 1 users
Hi, I have a few questions about welcome week that I hope some current students can help me answer. I remember reading somewhere that dorm rooms are not available for welcome week, is this correct? Where did you guys stay? Did you have to rent a car? It would be so expensive to stay at hotel and car rental for the whole week. Just want to see what your welcome week arrangement was and if you have any recommendations. Thanks so much in advance.

Hi, I have a few questions about welcome week that I hope some current students can help me answer. I remember reading somewhere that dorm rooms are not available for welcome week, is this correct? Where did you guys stay? Did you have to rent a car? It would be so expensive to stay at hotel and car rental for the whole week. Just want to see what your welcome week arrangement was and if you have any recommendations. Thanks so much in advance.
Call Residential Life office and see if this is true. I didn't rent a car but stayed in the dorms. Many people will drive so bum a ride from someone and make friends. Enough people bring cars and transportation was never a problem. If you do have to stay in a hotel, a car rental will most likely be needed then.

Call Residential Life office and see if this is true. I didn't rent a car but stayed in the dorms. Many people will drive so bum a ride from someone and make friends. Enough people bring cars and transportation was never a problem. If you do have to stay in a hotel, a car rental will most likely be needed then.
Thank you for your prompt response. I will call them to find out. If dorm rooms are available, that would be wonderful. Another question, do you remember what time the last event end? I am trying to see if I can fly out that same day. Thanks again.

Thank you for your prompt response. I will call them to find out. If dorm rooms are available, that would be wonderful. Another question, do you remember what time the last event end? I am trying to see if I can fly out that same day. Thanks again.
The summer schedule is posted online. The Creighton Calendar has your last event (Welcome Week Mass) at 7:15pm so I would make plans to fly Sunday unless you want a really late night flight out of Omaha on Saturday. Check flight but this is 3 months away and things could change. Flying Sunday is a safe bet.