Creighton Doctor of Pharmacy - Class of 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zster90

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen a thread started for this class yet, so I figured I would start one. Has anyone interviewed and been accepted or has an upcoming interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Just applied as of yesterday, received an emailing saying within 2 weeks they would notify me if given an interview or not for their distance pathway

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an interview a couple of days after applying, and will be making the trip to Omaha for it this week!

Received my invitation to interview today! I am trying to decide which date will work best.

Received my invitation to interview today! I am trying to decide which date will work best.
Congrats! I think the December 6th interview is the next closest one after this week. Since interviews are held about once a month, it is recommended you go interview as early as possible, because once they fill up their seats they will stop interviewing more candidates.

Congrats! I think the December 6th interview is the next closest one after this week. Since interviews are held about once a month, it is recommended you go interview as early as possible, because once they fill up their seats they will stop interviewing more candidates.
Thank you! I decided to attend the November 8th session.

Reactions: 1 user
Completed the interview today. It was very informative, included a lot of stairs, an amazing lunch, super nice staff, a two question 15 minute essay, and a two interviewers to one ratio. Also, after the interview, you will hear whether you’re accepted or not within one week. Good luck to the December 6 interviewees.

Completed the interview today. It was very informative, included a lot of stairs, an amazing lunch, super nice staff, a two question 15 minute essay, and a two interviewers to one ratio. Also, after the interview, you will hear whether you’re accepted or not within one week. Good luck to the December 6 interviewees.
I was also at the interview, and agree that it's super informational with a great helpful staff.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just received a call from the school saying I was accepted into the distance pathway.

I haven't received an email or phone call yet but my portal says "deposit now" at the top. Does this mean I am in??

I haven't received an email or phone call yet but my portal says "deposit now" at the top. Does this mean I am in??
Yes, I would think so. I saw that on my portal before I received the call. The person I interviewed with called me.

Yes, I would think so. I saw that on my portal before I received the call. The person I interviewed with called me.
I just got the call from the person I interviewed with as well about 20 minutes ago, and I'm in! Good luck to everyone else!

My portal says the same, I called, and they told me I was accepted. Also, the link will not let me pay the deposit.

Hello everyone congrats on your acceptance!! I just found out about crighton university a month ago and now I finally decided this is the right one for me so I'm finishing up my application and I'll send it next week is it too late? Will I get accepted?

Hello everyone congrats on your acceptance!! I just found out about crighton university a month ago and now I finally decided this is the right one for me so I'm finishing up my application and I'll send it next week is it too late? Will I get accepted?
No I believe their deadline is in June

Hey guys, I was accepted into the distance program and would like to connect. Congratulations and good luck to all.

Hey, all - checking in on all you guys - I'm a P1 currently, so if you have questions, please let me know. You can post here, or send questions to me directly.

Hello everyone I just received this email and I'm so confused ("Your application for admission and its supporting credentials have been carefully and thoroughly reviewed by the faculty admission committee. We regret to inform you that we are unable to grant you admission for fall 2019. All decisions made by the admission committee are final. If you wish to speak with an Admission Counselor about applying for fall 2020 admission, we would be more than happy to assist you.") I applied for fall 2020 not 2019 does any one know what do they mean? I'm I not accepted for fall 2020 too?

I would contact them. Maybe something was selected incorrectly within PharmCAS?

The admissions office staff are all very nice and will help direct you as best they can.

Hello everyone I just received this email and I'm so confused ("Your application for admission and its supporting credentials have been carefully and thoroughly reviewed by the faculty admission committee. We regret to inform you that we are unable to grant you admission for fall 2019. All decisions made by the admission committee are final. If you wish to speak with an Admission Counselor about applying for fall 2020 admission, we would be more than happy to assist you.") I applied for fall 2020 not 2019 does any one know what do they mean? I'm I not accepted for fall 2020 too?
Hey, I received an invite to interview on Friday, so its possible the “Fall 2019” was a typo. But i would contact them and see

I’m interviewing on February 14th, any advice from anyone who’s already interviewed?

I’m interviewing on February 14th, any advice from anyone who’s already interviewed?

Like someone else mentioned, be yourself. Definitely prepare ahead of time, but at the same time you don't want to seem like you are reciting answers to questions you found online. Two people will be interviewing you, but it will be a very relaxed environment.

Please AVOID this school AT ALL COST! Class of 2018 had an unemployment rate of almost 22% (Doctor of Pharmacy | School of Pharmacy and Health Professions | Creighton University). This is a huge drop from the class of 2017's unemployment rate of 8%. Furthermore it seems they chose to not even publish Class of 2019 employment data even though they posted all the other stats likely because it was so embarrassing. The quality of Creighton's program must have dropped significantly and they can no longer prepare their students adequately for today's competitive job market.
I decided to go elsewhere a few months ago, but I am just curious.. where did you find information suggesting the unemployment rate for the Class of 2018 was almost 22%?

So total is ~22%. When people can't find a job they're not going to admit it on surveys which usually are not anonymous (at least it wasn't at my school).

Part-time, full-time or floater also matter.

Notice how this info is never around. Also, residency should count as unemployed as this is a way to hide the unemployed students in an attempt to make it look favorable.

From the link above: Doctor of Pharmacy | School of Pharmacy and Health Professions | Creighton University. Says unemployed was 5.3% and lost to follow up was 16.3%, which should really count as unemployed as well, especially with a percentage that high compared to previous years. So total is ~22%. When people can't find a job they're not going to admit it on surveys which usually are not anonymous (at least it wasn't at my school). Traditionally most pharmacy schools who do these surveys have near 100% response rate and near 100% employment rate by graduation. A huge drop like this should raise concern.
Oh I see what you mean. Yeah honestly with the market getting so competitive, I can see how an online school would be struggling to produce graduates that are competitive in the employment market. Not sure how much the school you go to matters at this point, but when there are so many options, you need some sort of filter, and one of them most likely is whether or not you've even heard of the school the candidate is from.

Oh I see what you mean. Yeah honestly with the market getting so competitive, I can see how an online school would be struggling to produce graduates that are competitive in the employment market. Not sure how much the school you go to matters at this point, but when there are so many options, you need some sort of filter, and one of them most likely is whether or not you've even heard of the school the candidate is from.
You are correct. There are still schools who boast high employment rates and NAPLEX pass rates. While it is not advisable to pursue pharmacy at this point, if you still choose to do it, at least go to a school that will give you a fighting chance in today's job market. Creighton is not one of them.

Please AVOID this school AT ALL COST! Class of 2018 had an unemployment rate of almost 22% (Doctor of Pharmacy | School of Pharmacy and Health Professions | Creighton University). This is a huge drop from the class of 2017's unemployment rate of 8%. Furthermore it seems they chose to not even publish Class of 2019 employment data even though they posted all the other stats likely because it was so embarrassing. The quality of Creighton's program must have dropped significantly and they can no longer prepare their students adequately for today's competitive job market.
Did you attend Creighton?

I did not, although I went to a school in a neighboring state and at the time Creighton had an okay reputation. It seems as though their program has since deteriorated as shown by such terrible employment statistics. I know you hear a lot of people say it doesn't matter where you go to pharmacy school but then why are there such massive difference between NAPLEX pass rate, residency match rate, and employment statistics? I would not recommend going to any school with less than 90% employment rate or less than 80% NAPLEX pass rate. You guys probably all know pharmacy is saturated by now and choosing pharmacy is a extremely risky career choice, I'm not going to beat a dead horse... but I least go to a decent school so you don't totally commit financial suicide
Honestly even an 80% NAPLEX pass rate is kind of low. The exam is not designed to be one that a PharmD student should fail. Most students should seek schools with pass rates in the 90s, which is not hard to do. Even then, just know that the profession has succumbed to same fate as law school, where simply getting in to a pharmacy school is not hard to do, but it is still somewhat challenging to get in to a top 20 or 30 school. Employers know this as well, and eventually there will come a point at which students from the lower ranked schools will not be able to compete with those who come from the best schools in the nation. Another possibility is the implementation of some sort of residency requirement, which will automatically prevent most PharmD grads from being considered, unless they manage to corrupt the residency system as well and expand at an unreasonably high rate like they did with the schools in the past couple of decades.