CPJE June 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NAPLEXCPJE2014

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Starting a new thread for June CPJE. Please do share your experiences here. Whether you felt this exam easy/ difficult, books referred etc.. when is the cutoff date for the last batch? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I am new to my address so they wouldn’t let me set up the informed delivery. Went to post office to try and get it and they couldn’t find it!! My luck haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone from SoCal got anything?

Okay then it’s the CPJE. As I mentioned earlier. If the board doesn’t have you naplex score in advance, the letter is white not green so don’t be alarmed. Good luck!

Thanks ! I got the white letter and passed the CPJE as well, so those who get the white letter, its not the end of the world.

Congrats for all who passed their test.. I got my letter with 74, this is my second time taking it. It is so stressful to start studying all over again. appreciate your advise especially from colleges who went to pharmacy schools in U.S. I am a foreign graduate and I have a feeling that I am missing something out. a material that I am not aware of may be!! please advise.

Congrats for all who passed their test.. I got my letter with 74, this is my second time taking it. It is so stressful to start studying all over again. appreciate your advise especially from colleges who went to pharmacy schools in U.S. I am a foreign graduate and I have a feeling that I am missing something out. a material that I am not aware of may be!! please advise.

I’m sorry to hear that. I passed first try and studied the clinical portion right after taking the NAPLEX so it was fresh. I hit big topics like HTN, HIV, dyslipidemia, asthma and ID; with a goal of focusing on most disease states I would think someone would see in practice. But after the test I definitely had topic so didn’t necessarily “study” for like chemotherapy outpatient, complicated GI disorders, cystic fibrosis, and then the random brand names. I have really learned that you cannot study the brand names because it’s random and there’s just so many. If you don’t know the top 200 at least that’s probably an area to brush up on. I honestly got lucky with mine to be blunt. I work retail so had seen some there, then others could eliminate other answers. Do as many practice questions as you can. I spent the money for both the NAPLEX and CPJE sets on rxprep and was glad I did.

For law, I used weissman, but did not read every page. I used the practice questions in the back for the basic stuff like record keeping, self assessment, operating a pharmacy, prescription qualifications, controlled substances, inventory, and prescribing authority. I also read the script and found that helpful!

Others have posted about other online sources but I did not utilize those. I relied a lot on work experience and RxPrep! Best of luck.

Reactions: 3 users
I’m sorry to hear that. I passed first try and studied the clinical portion right after taking the NAPLEX so it was fresh. I hit big topics like HTN, HIV, dyslipidemia, asthma and ID; with a goal of focusing on most disease states I would think someone would see in practice. But after the test I definitely had topic so didn’t necessarily “study” for like chemotherapy outpatient, complicated GI disorders, cystic fibrosis, and then the random brand names. I have really learned that you cannot study the brand names because it’s random and there’s just so many. If you don’t know the top 200 at least that’s probably an area to brush up on. I honestly got lucky with mine to be blunt. I work retail so had seen some there, then others could eliminate other answers. Do as many practice questions as you can. I spent the money for both the NAPLEX and CPJE sets on rxprep and was glad I did.

For law, I used weissman, but did not read every page. I used the practice questions in the back for the basic stuff like record keeping, self assessment, operating a pharmacy, prescription qualifications, controlled substances, inventory, and prescribing authority. I also read the script and found that helpful!

Others have posted about other online sources but I did not utilize those. I relied a lot on work experience and RxPrep! Best of luck.
Thanks, appreciate your reply!!

Members don't see this ad :)
How many of you were worried about passing but got a great score? I felt fine coming out the test... now it been 3 weeks and I’m like maybe I was too confident ‍♀️ I’ll be in the next batch... congrats to all that passed!

How many of you were worried about passing but got a great score? I felt fine coming out the test... now it been 3 weeks and I’m like maybe I was too confident ‍♀️ I’ll be in the next batch... congrats to all that passed!
I’ll let you know if I get my results tomorrow lol I felt the same way. More time to think of what you got wrong. Normally your feeling leaving the test is more accurate. Don’t worry!

Reactions: 1 user
I used rxprep and the notes for the clinical part and rxprep manual for the law. I studied hard for three months. and I got 74 do you guys think that I need to use PNN ? or may be take the coarse?

I used rxprep and the notes for the clinical part and rxprep manual for the law. I studied hard for three months. and I got 74 do you guys think that I need to use PNN ? or may be take the coarse?

It depends on what section you are weak on. A lot of people did not pass the pharmacy operation part because you have to practice in a setting to know sometimes. Also, I used CPJE study guide from ebay. It's pretty on point. On top, I used pharmacy chart in the back for CYP3A4, IV compatibility. Also, try to go to quizlet and memorize as much as brand as possible especially antipsy, BPH. It's really random and I got really lucky the second time. Understand situation like out of state CII script and bring it to the pharmacy - fill, do not fill, etc. I hope this help!

It depends on what section you are weak on. A lot of people did not pass the pharmacy operation part because you have to practice in a setting to know sometimes. Also, I used CPJE study guide from ebay. It's pretty on point. On top, I used pharmacy chart in the back for CYP3A4, IV compatibility. Also, try to go to quizlet and memorize as much as brand as possible especially antipsy, BPH. It's really random and I got really lucky the second time. Understand situation like out of state CII script and bring it to the pharmacy - fill, do not fill, etc. I hope this help!
appreciate your reply. Thnaks!

I passed with a 98. I studied for about a week after i took the NAPLEX, but it is weird because I only got a 68 on the naplex. What I would say to study is - HIV and onc brand generics. Know all the onc drugs, brand/generic and dosing. And I mean KNOW them. Other things to study is how to run a pharmacy as a PIC. If you don't know the answer, just think about what the "right thing" to do is.

Feel free to PM me with more specific questions. I walked out thinking I failed, but I did a lot better than I thought.

Last edited:
Honestly, your best bet is to sign up and take the exam asap. is this the first time you failed? you dont want to forget any knowledge. Just study rxprep again. just think, you only need to answer 1 more question correctly. It is unfortunate.

Based on everything I've seen, I think a score of 74 is arbitrary. It doesn't necessarily mean you were only one question away from a 75. Likely the test scoring is split into at least 2 sections and you did poorly in one of them (check your results for the breakdown). So your overall score was over 75, but in that individual section you didn't make the cutoff (whatever that may be) so your score was brought down to 74. I have a feeling there is a lot of wiggle room in the clinical/therapeutics portions, but maybe not as much in law/operations.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Honestly, your best bet is to sign up and take the exam asap. is this the first time you failed? you dont want to forget any knowledge. Just study rxprep again. just think, you only need to answer 1 more question correctly. It is unfortunate.
Thanks! how to private message you?

So I am looking at the issuance of license form on the back of the CPJE letter. It says we need to fill out that form, send the check and return the intern pharmacist license we have. Do they mean a physical copy of the intern license? I've not seen mine in a couple years and can't find it. Not sure what to do!

So I am looking at the issuance of license form on the back of the CPJE letter. It says we need to fill out that form, send the check and return the intern pharmacist license we have. Do they mean a physical copy of the intern license? I've not seen mine in a couple years and can't find it. Not sure what to do!

I didn't send in mine because couldn't find it neither, but I still got my clear and license was posted

Got my cpje letter Friday, passed! I took my naplex 3 days after my CPJE but still haven’t gotten back the results. I was really hoping they would both come in at the same time. This process is so slow.

Got my cpje letter Friday, passed! I took my naplex 3 days after my CPJE but still haven’t gotten back the results. I was really hoping they would both come in at the same time. This process is so slow.

i've heard they batch release NAPLEX scroes too. I also thought the scores would come together if I took them close together. I took the NAPLEX 5 days before CPJE on June 13th. I received NAPLEX score on July 18th (letter dated July 13th).

I took my NAPLEX 3 days before my CPJE and still waiting for my NAPLEX results as well, I'm assuming we missed the previous mailing batch unfortunately.

Got a call from the board today saying my license would be posted this week likely! So unlike them to be ahead of the game, but I’m with it and appreciated the call!! Good luck to all those still waiting on results.

Reactions: 1 users
Got a call from the board today saying my license would be posted this week likely! So unlike them to be ahead of the game, but I’m with it and appreciated the call!! Good luck to all those still waiting on results.
May I ask when you turn in your check? I turned in mine last Friday in person and my check hasn't been cashed yet.

Based on everything I've seen, I think a score of 74 is arbitrary. It doesn't necessarily mean you were only one question away from a 75. Likely the test scoring is split into at least 2 sections and you did poorly in one of them (check your results for the breakdown). So your overall score was over 75, but in that individual section you didn't make the cutoff (whatever that may be) so your score was brought down to 74. I have a feeling there is a lot of wiggle room in the clinical/therapeutics portions, but maybe not as much in law/operations.

I also used to think 74 is arbitrary, but I don't anymore, especially after passing with a 77. Based on the number of questions I felt I got wrong I thought I'd end up with an 80 (realizing I must've gotten a few others wrong); so, I feel it's truly a numbers game. I got a few patient outcomes questions wrong that I would never get wrong in the real world because I'd look up any drug, dose, indication or disease state that I was unfamiliar with.

You can make serious mistakes on the CPJE and still pass the CPJE.

Absolutely not.

You got a 74 and, I believe, quite possibly only one correct answer away from passing. I doubt strongly that the problem is what you're studying, but how you're studying. With more details on how you studied I should be able to help.

Received letter Thursday. Mailed out Friday as over night UPS. Was delivered Monday. Received call on Tuesday from someone at the board saying it was being processed and should be posted in a few days. Check has not been cashed yet, and license has not posted. My guess is that they just want people to stop bothering them lol. Hopefully I’ll see it Saturday, if not next week for sure.

Received letter Thursday. Mailed out Friday as over night UPS. Was delivered Monday. Received call on Tuesday from someone at the board saying it was being processed and should be posted in a few days. Check has not been cashed yet, and license has not posted. My guess is that they just want people to stop bothering them lol. Hopefully I’ll see it Saturday, if not next week for sure.

I had it delivered Friday morning and my check just cleared my account today! Still waiting on it to actually post. So maybe that will be Sat.

Could anyone inform me of how to sign up for informed delivery? thanks
You sign up either on usps.com or via the informed delivery app. You can check to see if it's available for your address there and if it is you'll have to create an account to set it up. The first time I tried it on the website it wouldn't let me verify identity online, I had to print off a barcode and complete registration in post office. The second time I did it was via the app and it allowed me to complete the whole process on my phone without having to go to the post office.

I am new to my address so they wouldn’t let me set up the informed delivery. Went to post office to try and get it and they couldn’t find it!! My luck haha
Hi coast2coast,
what did you mean " went to post office to try and get it"? you meant you had to sign up for informed delivery at the post office or you had to come to the post office to get the letter in person. I am new with my current address too, so it doesn't let me sign up online either. Thank you