CPJE June 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NAPLEXCPJE2014

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Starting a new thread for June CPJE. Please do share your experiences here. Whether you felt this exam easy/ difficult, books referred etc.. when is the cutoff date for the last batch? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last cutoff - 06/09/18

I guess cutoff date and pre dates are two different things. May be pre date is after that date they will announce the results anytime and cut off date is cabop will announce the results of the exams conducted till that particular date.

Members don't see this ad :)
Took the exam today, anyone know if I made it into the tail end of the June batch or am I in the beginning of a new one?

I am not sure what was the cutoff date for the previous batch. It might be 5/6th June. If that was the case then the cutoff date for the June batch would be 12th/13th July and they will definitely announce the predate next week and the results within 2 weeks of announcing the predate.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I am not sure what was the cutoff date for the previous batch. It might be 5/6th June. If that was the case then the cutoff date for the June batch would be 12th/13th June and they will definitely announce the predate next week and the results within 2 weeks of announcing the predate.
Is the cutoff date different than the predate?

Can you share your experience please!
It was pretty darn hard. Almost certain I failed. The questions are mostly straight forward, what makes it so difficult is that it is so random. For the more detailed questions (those that include dose that you may need to recognize is false/correct come from common medications/indications such as HTN or Dyslipidemia). Make sure you re-read questions and truly understand what they are asking. Same with answers.

I was surprised to have about 20 law based questions. maybe about 10 were pure and direct law questions (e.g. how many years do you hold on to____) and the others also required you to know something else along with the law (e.g. given a drug name- you need to know what class it is in in order to get the correct answer)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I am not sure what was the cutoff date for the previous batch. It might be 5/6th June. If that was the case then the cutoff date for the June batch would be 12th/13th June and they will definitely announce the predate next week and the results within 2 weeks of announcing the predate.

You mean 12th/13th July right?

Anyone who took the exam after ~June 9 get any indication of their score or score being released yet?

Last edited:
I took the exam on 7/12. I found that the version posted by the board (and the bulletin questions) are the most similar to the CPJE questions. I paid for an online practice test set and it was poorly written and I do not think it asked the type of questions on the CPJE. From what I experienced, you have to know brand generics, or at least be able to decipher what the drug might be used for. There are a lot of easy indication questions, but when they ask you on a brand name drug that you have never heard of, it becomes a tough question. Big clinical areas to study are ID, chronic conditions like diabetes, hypertension, and hyperlipidemia. They also ask a pretty good amount of counseling points, by the way of "what statement shows that the patient understands the medication" or what auxiliary label should be attached. They ask a lot of their easy questions by showing you a prescription label compared to the hardcopy and ask what you would do...fill it, call doctor about some piece of it that may be incorrect etc.

As far as the law questions, I probably only had about 10-15 straight "law" questions so spend your time brushing up on clinical, and if you can take your CPJE close to the NAPLEX I would recommend that while all your clinical knowledge is fresh in your head! For California specific stuff, definitely be familiar with the state protocols for furnishing immunizations, travel vaccines, naloxone, birth control, and NRT. Know the basics for law like how long to keep records, when you have to report things to the board, complete inventories, ratios and the portion at the end of the Weissman book about what to do for a board inspection was helpful. I won't know if I passed or not for a month at least, but I used the CPJE book from RXPrep, and the Weissman book set. Do as many practice questions as you can!

Also for timing of this exam you have to work quickly, since there is no ability to go back that kind of helps. But I finished with about 15-20 minutes remaining. Halfway through I was right at 60 minutes to go so I knew I had to pick up the pace a little. I also write everything down on my scrap paper so that may have added some time. Good luck everyone! If anyone knows the predate estimate before its posted, please post! I am hoping my 7/12 date just squeaked in the end of the last batch...

Apparently because I am new I cannot post the link of the practice test, but if you search the CA BOP website I believe it was the very last choice when you use the search bar on their site!

Reactions: 3 users
Countdown begins..I just checked my account and saw the predate. It is 07/15/2018. I took my exam on the 16th of June and it was my second time taking it. First time I took it exactly after 1week of taking the NAPLEX. Though I passed NAPLEX with a very good score, I couldn’t score well in CPJE. For the second time around I felt more confident and the test seem much easier than the first time. Hope I pass this time and I will share my overall approach.

how do you know if the batch is closed? is it according to the predate if it shows in your PSI?

From what I could gather from previous test takers is the batch I'm in is closed when I see a pre date and take resukts arrive in the mail between 10-14 days. You can get informed delivery if it's available in your arrea to find out that norning whether it'll be in your mailbox that day. Green letters in the window means they have your passing NAPLEX on record AND you passed CPJE and are good to get licensed. White letter in window could mean pass or fail CPJE depending on status of NAPLEX.

Reactions: 1 users
Countdown begins..I just checked my account and saw the predate. It is 07/15/2018. I took my exam on the 16th of June and it was my second time taking it. First time I took it exactly after 1week of taking the NAPLEX. Though I passed NAPLEX with a very good score, I couldn’t score well in CPJE. For the second time around I felt more confident and the test seem much easier than the first time. Hope I pass this time and I will share my overall approach.

Ugh shoot. I am guessing that means my 7/12 CPJE will not be included in that 7/15 batch... No predate on my PSI page :(

Ugh shoot. I am guessing that means my 7/12 CPJE will not be included in that 7/15 batch... No predate on my PSI page :(

Check it once again. It is mentioned under the column, Portion (Results). Predate is written in the brackets beside the name of the exam.

Last edited:
Check it once again. It is mentioned under the column, Portion (Results). Predate is written in the brackets beside the name of the exam.

AHH! It is there now! I am so excited!!!!! I checked this morning and it wasn't but now it is. Wooo, so this means about 2 weeks til we get the letters right?!

AHH! It is there now! I am so excited!!!!! I checked this morning and it wasn't but now it is. Wooo, so this means about 2 weeks til we get the letters right?!
yup, seems like 10d is what's typical after predate- so hopefully by 7/25, maybe sooner.

Does anyone know if we are supposed to pass every section separately on the CPJE for our score to even count? I heard that from a few people, but nothing from the board says that in particular.

I have the same question. I have read in the forum that we have to pass in all three sections to pass CPJE. Hope this is not correct.

I know for certain I got ~11 wrong, wasn't sure with ~10 other questions. Pretty confident that I got ~68 correct. This suspense is horrible.

Wow yeah 68 is great! I had 50 i knew for sure, 25 educated guesses and then 15 I had no clue/assumed I didn't get those right. So scary!!!

hi, I got july 15 as predate. I called board of pharmacy today to ask when they would mail the results and the receptionist said it could take 60 days. Has anyone tried calling?? Thank you

hi, I got july 15 as predate. I called board of pharmacy today to ask when they would mail the results and the receptionist said it could take 60 days. Has anyone tried calling?? Thank you

No I had read about other people calling and they said it was a waste of time. They're generally wildly unhelpful when you call them. Baesd on what other peope had said in the past, generally people receive the letters 10 days to 2 weeks after the predate. Unless they're in a score review period where then it could take up to the 60 days...

No I had read about other people calling and they said it was a waste of time. They're generally wildly unhelpful when you call them. Baesd on what other peope had said in the past, generally people receive the letters 10 days to 2 weeks after the predate. Unless they're in a score review period where then it could take up to the 60 days...
Thank you!!

I called the board too an hour back and the receptionist told the same. Yes, calling the board of pharmacy is a waste of time. I guess we will get our results this week.

The CPJE info bulletin says

"About 30 days after you take the CPJE examination, the board will mail your score to you at your address of record with the board. Please do not call the board’s office, as results will not be given over the telephone. Moreover, each call delays the processing of the examination and the mailing of results."

I find the last sentence amusing.

The CPJE info bulletin says

"About 30 days after you take the CPJE examination, the board will mail your score to you at your address of record with the board. Please do not call the board’s office, as results will not be given over the telephone. Moreover, each call delays the processing of the examination and the mailing of results."

I find the last sentence amusing.

That sentence is to scare already startled CPJE candidates :)

Is there any truth to them sending out the failing grades before the passing ones?

Oh gosh...I hope not. I haven't read that anywhere. I am in the bay area, so I just keep checking my mailbox hoping I would get a day after its mailed from Sacramento... Hoping by the end of the week

Just called the board, asked if they've mailed out results. I was told the last results they mailed out were from the 5/4-6/9 batch...looks like it may not be until next week :barf:

Last edited: