CPJE January 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ayuka001

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone taking the CPJE this January/ February?

Just wanted to make a thread for those of us taking it this month/ Feb.
Please share your experiences, advice, and when you get your results.

Goodluck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I honestly feel like I failed the exam. I doubled checked my answers afterwards and a majority were correct, but for the past 2 days I've had random questions that I happened to remember and found out they were wrong. I barely had any math questions, but there were a lot of dosing questions and some questions that I considered tricky. For sure I had to make a lot of education guesses. The law portion was really easy though and straightforward. Good luck!

Same I checked my answers and there's about ~20 that I got wrong or not sure of the answer :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought the test was difficult and very randomized. Even if you study the whole rxprep I don't think you can ever fully be ready for it. Praying everyday now.

I think everyone who took this exam felt same. It was very difficult exam and I do not understand why they made this exam so hard!!!! I really hope they drop out some exam questions or curve the score...

Hi everyone! I took the exam Feb 24th in PA. Any news on exam scores for those who took it in Jan/ early Feb?

Hi everyone! I took the exam Feb 24th in PA. Any news on exam scores for those who took it in Jan/ early Feb?
I called the board on friday and they said it will take about 50 days. So most likely end of this month we will be getting our results. Maybe a little earlier. (I took it Feb 3rd.)

I'm wondering how the scoring scale works,I counted 61 questions I got right ,and 14 wrong and the 15 not sure,do I have to get 75% of the questions right or it's scaled just like the Naplex ?

I called the board on friday and they said it will take about 50 days. So most likely end of this month we will be getting our results. Maybe a little earlier. (I took it Feb 3rd.)
50 days!! CA board of pharmacy is the worst.. Not sure why. Took MPJE and the result was up in 3 business days

How did u feel the cpje was compared to mpje in terms of difficulty?
MPJE is straightforward. They test you on what the name entails (Multistate Pharmacy Jurisprudence Examination ) Pharmacy Law. CPJE, out of 90 questions, you get less than 10 law questions and the rest are random questions with majority on medication that is rarely used or they test concepts that are wierd.. might as well change the name of the exam to reflect something clinical. CA is weird. it is nonsense that they need to do QA and all the useless excuses they come up with to delay the results. Not sure what is the benefit to the profession of pharmacy.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took my exam towards end of feb, also awaiting results. Im thinking we will here back mid-end of march

I tried calling and it seems they don't have as much info as the person who responds to emails sent to [email protected]. I emailed them and they responded saying possibly mid-end of march. Maybe if someone else tried to email them, they might have an update? This was about a week ago so they might have an update

Is there is a template email?

No template. I just emailed them saying the date I took the exam and that I just needed an estimation on when the scores would be released. I just let them know I'd need a better estimation than "45 days" or whatever because my job is on the line.

No template. I just emailed them saying the date I took the exam and that I just needed an estimation on when the scores would be released. I just let them know I'd need a better estimation than "45 days" or whatever because my job is on the line.
Sent an email. Will update the group once I hear back.

Reactions: 1 user
The BOP just responded to the inquiry email saying it takes up to 45 days from the date of the exam for the result to be released. Another generic answer:(

The BOP just responded to the inquiry email saying it takes up to 45 days from the date of the exam for the result to be released. Another generic answer:(

Thanks for trying. The December test takers had their results sent out Jan 18 I think so I'm hoping we will hear back around mid march

Thanks for trying. The December test takers had their results sent out Jan 18 I think so I'm hoping we will hear back around mid march
yes I just called the board again and they said 45 days too. so I'm assuming next week they will mail out the results and hopefully by end of this month we'll receive them.

It is about time getting the result.. I am guessing the end of next week or the next week. They usually send mail out on thursday for FYI.
I feel like I am riding a roller coaster; I did better than last time so I feel okay but I am not sure if I passed!!!!!!!!!
I am getting nervous..........
btw did u guys also get monitoring questions too? Now, i am thinking it was not fair since I've got many dosing queations and monitoring questions which I think those are harder than other types of questions..

It is about time getting the result.. I am guessing the end of next week or the next week. They usually send mail out on thursday for FYI.
I feel like I am riding a roller coaster; I did better than last time so I feel okay but I am not sure if I passed!!!!!!!!!
I am getting nervous..........
btw did u guys also get monitoring questions too? Now, i am thinking it was not fair since I've got many dosing queations and monitoring questions which I think those are harder than other types of questions..
When did you take your exam?

yes I just called the board again and they said 45 days too. so I'm assuming next week they will mail out the results and hopefully by end of this month we'll receive them.
I took the exam on feb 28th ,do u think I ll get the results with everyone who took the exam in February?

Called the Board today and got the standard " you should receive your scores 50-55 days from the date of your exam" :(

Hi, I'm retaking my CPJE on April 1st and was wondering if anyone used the RxPrep for CPJE? I just retook my NAPLEX and passed that exam but with the uncertainty in what the CPJE tests, I'm unsure if it's worth purchasing the RxPrep for CPJE online course. I'm currently utilizing summarized slides of the Weissman book to study the law portion. Thank you!

Called the Board today and got the standard " you should receive your scores 50-55 days from the date of your exam" :(
I heard the board sends out their mail on Thursday's ,is their a chance they might release the results tmrw ?

I can't understand the rational for delaying results. I called twice and the operator said 50 days. Do you guys ask the operator or they direct your call to someone who knows what they talk about?

I can't understand the rational for delaying results. I called twice and the operator said 50 days. Do you guys ask the operator or they direct your call to someone who knows what they talk about?

They won't let you speak to anyone but the operator since they dont usually give out specifics about when results are sent out. 50 days from beginning of Feb is coming up soon though.

Please update this thread if anyone hears back next week! I have a feeling next week is when we'll get our results

going crazy waiting for the mail here :(
anyone get their scores today? i know it's soon since they just mailed it but just wondering lol

anyone get their scores today? i know it's soon since they just mailed it but just wondering lol

Where do u live? I am also waiting for the result like crazy. I am very nervous :(

They mailed it already? Getting super nervous now. I hope everyone passed! I live North of Sacramento about 2 hours away, so I'll you guys know when I get my results.

They mailed it already? Getting super nervous now. I hope everyone passed! I live North of Sacramento about 2 hours away, so I'll you guys know when I get my results.

Yes they mailed it either thurs or Friday. Please let us know when u get ur results, goodluck!

I called them again for the heck of it, and the lady gave me the same generic response:

"45-60 days from the date of your exam"...

Essentially, the BOP is lying to us. I don't know what to believe anymore.