CPJE January 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ayuka001

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone taking the CPJE this January/ February?

Just wanted to make a thread for those of us taking it this month/ Feb.
Please share your experiences, advice, and when you get your results.

Goodluck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Anyone taking the CPJE this January?

Just wanted to make a thread for those of us taking it this month.
Please share your experiences, advice, and when you get your results.

Goodluck everyone!
Hi what date did u schedule for January 2017 cpje? I saw that there website blocked off the last three weeks of January and no test date is available after January 6. I wonder if the seats just get filled up or they really blocked off those dates

Hi what date did u schedule for January 2017 cpje? I saw that there website blocked off the last three weeks of January and no test date is available after January 6. I wonder if the seats just get filled up or they really blocked off those dates

Yes I noticed that as well. I called and the psi rep also said the last three weeks of Jan was closed and not sure why. I'll be taking it Jan 6.

The next available date seems to start 2/1.
Are u taking urs in feb then?

for those of you who are able to reschedule and see upcoming CPJE test dates still, are there test dates in March and May? or is the CA BOP blocking out most of every odd-numbered month again?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know why they block months off?
I'm not 100% sure why but it seems this is a new method they're using to avoid having QA periods

it seems like they blocked March and April also.
so if they block off march/april and you fail in dec/january, that means you can't retake until May?? and then if the cycle repeats you'll find out your score in June!? wow

I'm not 100% sure why but it seems this is a new method they're using to avoid having QA periods

so if they block off march/april and you fail in dec/january, that means you can't retake until May?? and then if the cycle repeats you'll find out your score in June!? wow

I wonder if this means that the ppl who take the exam in Jan/feb will be lumped together and not hear back till sometime in march?!!
Omg...

I wonder if this means that the ppl who take the exam in Jan/feb will be lumped together and not hear back till sometime in march?!!
Omg...
No I think Dec/Jan will be lumped together and will hear back end of Jan. The last cycle was October test takers/early Nov test takers and they heard back Nov 19th.

No I think Dec/Jan will be lumped together and will hear back end of Jan. The last cycle was October test takers/early Nov test takers and they heard back Nov 19th.

Ah that makes sense, thank you for the info! I guess feb test takers will hear back in march then.

Hi, is anyone taking the cpje this february?
What sources are u guys using to study?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm taking CPJE this Feb. I use Rxprep CPJE law book, Rxprep for clinical portion and pharmacy chart.

Thanks I'm also using cpje prep as well. Are u taking the exam towards the beginning or end of feb?
It seems like the dec/Jan ppl haven't heard back yet. I wonder how long it'll be for us :/

Thanks I'm also using cpje prep as well. Are u taking the exam towards the beginning or end of feb?
It seems like the dec/Jan ppl haven't heard back yet. I wonder how long it'll be for us :/

I'm planning to take CPJE in the middle of Feb. But I'm not sure I will be ready at that time.

I got my December results and my friend who took it in January received hers. Maybe they graded all of Dec/Jan together?

Also, I'm selling my Pharmcharts (2014) and RxPrep (2015).

Reactions: 1 users
I got my December results and my friend who took it in January received hers. Maybe they graded all of Dec/Jan together?

Also, I'm selling my Pharmcharts (2014) and RxPrep (2015).

Congrats! Do u know the date that ur friend took the exam in Jan?

Reactions: 1 user
Hello! I will be taking it on Feb. 3rd, but sounds like the results will be mailed out in March so thinking about rescheduling as this is my second attempt and I'm very worried :(
Anyone taking it early Feb??

I have the following left for sale.

1.) pharmacy charts
2.) RxPrep clinical coursebook

PM me if you are interested.

Hello! I will be taking it on Feb. 3rd, but sounds like the results will be mailed out in March so thinking about rescheduling as this is my second attempt and I'm very worried :(
Anyone taking it early Feb??

I also have my scheduled for Feb 3, but will decide closer to the date if I'm ready.
What are u using to study for the exam?

Anyone have any idea when the Feb test takers will get results?
They didn't block off March test dates so I'm not sure if Feb/March will be bunched together and not hear back till end of March/April? That would be crazy :(

I also have my scheduled for Feb 3, but will decide closer to the date if I'm ready.

They didn't block off March test dates so I'm not sure if Feb/March will be bunched together and not hear back till end of March/April? That would be crazy :(

hey, I just checked the test date for the March and it has been blocked. I only see April test date.

I'm wondering the same thing when test results for Feb will be released. I've scheduled by for Feb 3, but I'm having second thoughts and may schedule for later February.

I'm wondering the same thing when test results for Feb will be released. I've scheduled by for Feb 3, but I'm having second thoughts and may schedule for later February.

My guess is that all of Feb and maybe early March will receive scores around late March (20-25th or so). It seems they've been releasing scores in batches every other month, and scores from December (and maybe early Jan?) were just released a couple days ago. They were previously released around Thanksgiving in Nov 2016 and again in late Jan just recently, so if the pattern continues it'll be late March.

I had mine scheduled for early Feb initially, but postponed to the middle of Feb because I figured it won't make a difference if it's all sent out as a batch. This is of course just a guess as the board can always change up the way they're doing things (and they do seem to change things up frequently), but it's what I'm going on.

I'm using rxprep for the clinical portion and law book from the board website. What about you?

Hi would anyone in the San Diego area like to form a study buddy or group to tackle the CPJE?

Hi would anyone in the San Diego area like to form a study buddy or group to tackle the CPJE?

I would like to but I live in San Jose, Ca. :( I scheduled for CPJE in middle of Feb and it drives me crazy....... so nervous....

I would like to but I live in San Jose, Ca. :( I scheduled for CPJE in middle of Feb and it drives me crazy....... so nervous....
Good luck and try to relax when you study and days before the test. I know it's hard, I always get the worst insomnia the night before a major exam.

Hi, everyone. Did anyone take CPJE yet? I took it today and it was very hard. Everyone who took CPJE on October said that version was easy, but I don't think the version of this month is that easy or straight forward. I studied a lot and felt I was ready. I think I got some hard questions right but I missed some easy questions too...

Hi, everyone. Did anyone take CPJE yet? I took it today and it was very hard. Everyone who took CPJE on October said that version was easy, but I don't think the version of this month is that easy or straight forward. I studied a lot and felt I was ready. I think I got some hard questions right but I missed some easy questions too...

I'm sitting for it next week and getting anxious as the days pass. Any study tips or hints on sections to prepare the most for? Thanks! I hope you passed the exam and good luck!

Thanks for sharing your experience ohmycali! I'll be taking my in a week. By hard do u mean there were drugs u did not recognize? Did u at least feel prepared for the law portion?

Dont u worry, we all feel the same way coming out of the test center . Pray 2 God. Everything will be fine.

Thanks for sharing your experience ohmycali! I'll be taking my in a week. By hard do u mean there were drugs u did not recognize? Did u at least feel prepared for the law portion?
I'm sitting for it next week and getting anxious as the days pass. Any study tips or hints on sections to prepare the most for? Thanks! I hope you passed the exam and good luck!

There were many drugs that are not used in common. The question itself was very tricky. If u do not know well enough about certain drugs, it is easy to mess up the question. For the law portion, there were few questions that u cant find anywhere. U can't really study for it.
The questions were from every single chapter that u studied from book like contraceptives, skin conditions, immune disease or like very small chapter that u can easily miss.
U also have to know the dosage and renal dose adjustment. I got lots of dosing questions.
Study as hard as u feel confident and read every single word that u can. It is not possible to memorize every single one, but the questions were from the contents that u do not really pay attention.
But if u are smart enough, u can eliminate two answer choices and guess either one.
It is not straightforward. Do not expect the questions like from NAPLEX. I think they really want every pharmacist working in California knows what they are doing.
What i meant the test was hard was that if someone didn't study enough, they cannot 'wing' it. I felt if i didnt study enough, i would have been screwed.
I hated myself that why didnt study hard enough for the first exam or second exam I took before. The last CPJE I took were so much easier and very straightforward. But this was not...
Good Luck!

Last edited:
There were many drugs that are not used in common. The question itself was very tricky. If u do not know well enough about certain drugs, it is easy to mess up the question. For the law portion, there were few questions that u cant find anywhere. U can't really study for it.
The questions were from every single chapter that u studied from book like contraceptives, skin conditions, immune disease or like very small chapter that u can easily miss.
U also have to know the dosage and renal dose adjustment. I got lots of dosing questions.
Study as hard as u feel confident and read every single word that u can. It is not possible to memorize every single one, but the questions were from the contents that u do not really pay attention.
But if u are smart enough, u can eliminate two answer choices and guess either one.
It is not straightforward. Do not expect the questions like from NAPLEX. I think they really want every pharmacist working in California knows what they are doing.
What i meant the test was hard was that if someone didn't study enough, they cannot 'wing' it. I felt if i didnt study enough, i would have been screwed.
I hated myself that why didnt study hard enough for the first exam or second exam I took before. The last CPJE I took were so much easier and very straightforward. But this was not...
Good Luck!

Thanks so much for sharing ur experience and advice! Did you have questions on math?

Thanks again and best of luck to you!!

Thanks so much for sharing ur experience and advice! Did you have questions on math?

Thanks again and best of luck to you!!

I don't quite remember but it was very easy question. I tend to forget the easy question and remember hard one. I think I only got two or three.

I am sure everyone in this thread took CPJE since there is no test date available in March. How was the test for u guys? I am waiting for my result anxiously.. Good Luck everyone!!!

I am sure everyone in this thread took CPJE since there is no test date available in March. How was the test for u guys? I am waiting for my result anxiously.. Good Luck everyone!!!

I had to make an educated guess on a lot of the questions, there were some drugs I've never heard of. I think I got a lot wrong, I'm super scared now.

I honestly feel like I failed the exam. I doubled checked my answers afterwards and a majority were correct, but for the past 2 days I've had random questions that I happened to remember and found out they were wrong. I barely had any math questions, but there were a lot of dosing questions and some questions that I considered tricky. For sure I had to make a lot of education guesses. The law portion was really easy though and straightforward. Good luck!