Program-Specific Info / Q's cox

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am probably going to start apartment shopping next week! If I come across any place I like I will let you know!
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you!
So I need to start looking right now? I'm right in the middle of graduating, writing a giant research paper, and working full time so I'm a little swamped. Any suggestions on areas to live in near Missouri state? I live 2.5 hours away so I would have to make a day of it.

Last edited:
So I need to start looking right now? I'm right in the middle of graduating, writing a giant research paper, and working full time so I'm a little swamped. Any suggestions on areas to live in near Missouri state? I live 2.5 hours away so I would have to make a day of it.

Are you looking for a house or an apartment? What's your budget? As SMHopeOT found, TLC Properties has a lot of good apartments, some of them close to Missouri State campus. If you took on a roommate, you could find a house to rent in a decent area, but of course that's always a bit of a crapshoot. Here are links to two of the many property management companies in town:

Apartments in Springfield, MO | TLC Properties

Debco Management, Inc. - Apartments

Springfield is a college town, and students will be going home for summer. There are plenty of apartments and rentals, so you've got time to look, there's no rush. If you have questions about particular properties, locations, etc., I'm happy to check them out for you or help with specifics!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have started looking and I know that some of my friends have. Many have of them have been to places, but they wont know availability for August until like June or July, so you have some time.

Thank y'all so much for the help! The apts are very comparable to where I'm at now in Fayetteville. I would like to maybe do the roommate thing, but I don't know anyone from there. Is there a roommate search thing for msu? I was hoping we would get a cohort list soon so I could maybe email some of them about rooming together.

Hey guys, I've been following this thread since it started but haven't posted yet. I was also waitlisted and told that I had a high place on the waiting list. I wonder if this was sent to all the waitlisted folks and what the chances of being accepted really are? Anyone have any knowledge from previous years? And congrats to SMHopeOT for getting in! Moving from Georgia is quite a move - do you have friends or family here that will help you find a place to live in the right parts of town? Let us know if you need assistance, I'm sure several of us on this thread already live here and can help in your transition. All those waitlisted, keep updating. I'm anxious to see how this process plays out. Good luck, everyone!
I'm getting really anxious! I hope we hear back soon!

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone heard anything yet? They said they were aiming at MAY 1st to have their cohort chosen...

Has anyone heard anything yet? They said they were aiming at MAY 1st to have their cohort chosen...
There is a Facebook group for cohort 3 but including myself only 3 people are in the group. I'm not sure if everyone has been selected as yet. I'm not sure if that helps but it might be a little helpful.

There is a Facebook group for cohort 3 but including myself only 3 people are in the group. I'm not sure if everyone has been selected as yet. I'm not sure if that helps but it might be a little helpful.
Oh okay thanks! Yea that helps. I sent an email today and they haven't gotten back to me yet.

I just got an email that said the 25 spots at cox have now been offered. Kind of weird because they never contacted me for an interview rejection or invitation but still...don't know if this helps you

I just got an email that said the 25 spots at cox have now been offered. Kind of weird because they never contacted me for an interview rejection or invitation but still...don't know if this helps you

Yes, apparently all 25 spots have been offered and accepted. I applied to OTA school last year but didn't have my all prereqs completed yet, so thought if I had to sit out a year anyway, I'd apply to Cox's masters program. I can't afford to sit out yet another year, age is not on my side - I need to get back to the work force. Congrats to everyone who was accepted, I'm excited for your new endeavor! And those of you who are moving to Springfield to start school, please let me know if I can help in any way! I'm happy to show you around town when you get here and help in the housing search, just send me a message. :)

Is anyone currently in this program and could share some insight about it? Or does anyone know anything about it? Thanks!

Is anyone currently in this program and could share some insight about it? Or does anyone know anything about it? Thanks!
Hi, I've been accepted to the program for Fall 17 and I've spoken to a few students who are currently in the program. I can try to answer any questions you have.

Hi, I've been accepted to the program for Fall 17 and I've spoken to a few students who are currently in the program. I can try to answer any questions you have.
You're in the cohort with my new roommate! Hope y'all love your program.

You're in the cohort with my new roommate! Hope y'all love your program.
Really! That's pretty cool. I like that you guys are in two different programs and you're roommates. That's pretty interesting. I hope you like the program at MSU!