Program-Specific Info / Q's cox

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yea, I applied to several schools. Probably about 10 or so, and I've been accepted to one. I have an interview next week for another school, and I'm waiting to hear back from one more. I really want to attend Cox so if they accept me I'll be estatic. How about you, did you apply anywhere else?
Yeah I applied to four. I have been wait listed by two of them and the other one rejected me, so let's hope all goes well with Cox!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I looked on their Facebook page and it showed a pic of Dr. Vaughan at her desk and the captain said she was looking through applicants. So maybe that's why contacting them gets you an interview faster. Maybe they haven't come across your app yet and when you contact them they look at it and schedule an interview.
This was the reason why I emailed her! There facebook group is super informative!

Members don't see this ad :)
hmm well I hope that they did not already pass my app from November.
I think they are just working their way through all of them and interviewing people as they go! I am sure that you will be fine!

hmm well I hope that they did not already pass my app from November.
I don't think it's in any kind of order. I'm sure you'll get an interview. You can always give them a call or send an email. Show them that you are very interested in them.

I don't think it's in any kind of order. I'm sure you'll get an interview. You can always give them a call or send an email. Show them that you are very interested in them.
I sent an email around noon. Im from washington so I think it would be 12 there. Maybe ill call monday if no response to my email.

I sent an email around noon. Im from washington so I think it would be 12 there. Maybe ill call monday if no response to my email.
Oh ok. I think they are conducting interviews all day long today. If I'm not mistaken the first one started at 11am and the last one goes until 5 or 6.

Oh ok. I think they are conducting interviews all day long today. If I'm not mistaken the first one started at 11am and the last one goes until 5 or 6.
Oh great news! You guy have been awesome. I like that everyone wants people to succeed here and are not out for themselves. That is the kind of class mates i hope to be with when in ot school!!
I agree! You guys have given great advice and peace of mind!

I sent them an email. I wonder why contacting them seems to get you an interview faster?
Dr Vaughan said that they have so many applicants that it's hard to know who is really dedicated to their school and who is just trying to get in anywhere. The people who call get more attention because it shows that you really want to go there.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Dr Vaughan said that they have so many applicants that it's hard to know who is really dedicated to their school and who is just trying to get in anywhere. The people who call get more attention because it shows that you really want to go there.
I see makes sense

That makes so much sense. I'm going to let them know how dedicated I am to Cox. Have you guys researched Dr. Vaughan? She's AMAZING! Well, I'm all about peds to me she's awesome!
I was thinking about calling. do you guys think that she in conducting interviews and will be busy?

I was thinking about calling. do you guys think that she in conducting interviews and will be busy?
Yea she is. She is conducting mine in 15 minutes along with Dr. Swanson.

That makes so much sense. I'm going to let them know how dedicated I am to Cox. Have you guys researched Dr. Vaughan? She's AMAZING! Well, I'm all about peds to me she's awesome!
I love peds too and she is amazing! She has done so much with kids! Hopefully your interview went well!!

I love peds too and she is amazing! She has done so much with kids! Hopefully your interview went well!!
Hi guys! I think my interview went really well! They said we should hear back next week. Know your strengths and weaknesses. Everything else was pretty simple.

I think today or yesterday was the first day.
Well I will keep my fingers crossed that I can get a spot. I also work Monday so it will be interesting to try and figure it out if I get a chance lol! Thank you for all your information.

Well I will keep my fingers crossed that I can get a spot. I also work Monday so it will be interesting to try and figure it out if I get a chance lol! Thank you for all your information.
You're welcome. Good luck!

Hi guys! I think my interview went really well! They said we should hear back next week. Know your strengths and weaknesses. Everything else was pretty simple.
Yay! Thanks for the heads up!

What is the name of the Facebook? Just curious.
Cox College MSOT. It is a facebook group. They will have to add you, but I think you can still look at the group without being a part of it. They added me in no time!

Cox College MSOT. It is a facebook group. They will have to add you, but I think you can still look at the group without being a part of it. They added me in no time!
Ok, I know it's only Monday but I just wanted to confirm with you guys. Did they say they would start letting students know tomorrow if they were accepted? I feel like I heard that but part of me things I made it up. I think I'm just so nervous and excited that I'm overthinking things ;)

Ok, I know it's only Monday but I just wanted to confirm with you guys. Did they say they would start letting students know tomorrow if they were accepted? I feel like I heard that but part of me things I made it up. I think I'm just so nervous and excited that I'm overthinking things ;)
I am supposed to have my interview at 3 today. I can let you know what they say once I'm done!

I am supposed to have my interview at 3 today. I can let you know what they say once I'm done!
So I just got done with my interview, it felt like it went well! They had over 400 applicants and have it down to 130 that are really qualified and we will know by May. So we still have a month to wait it out.

So I just got done with my interview, it felt like it went well! They had over 400 applicants and have it down to 130 that are really qualified and we will know by May. So we still have a month to wait it out.
:arghh: I swore they said they were going to start sending emails out on Tuesday. Oh well. I'm glad your interview went well. Hopefully we'll know sooner rather ham later!

Oh wow! Do you know if we'll be notified by mail or email?

:arghh: I swore they said they were going to start sending emails out on Tuesday. Oh well. I'm glad your interview went well. Hopefully we'll know sooner rather ham later!
I thought I heard that too... maybe that's when the first round of acceptances will be going out. I hope it's by email and not snail mail! Lol

I thought I heard that too... maybe that's when the first round of acceptances will be going out. I hope it's by email and not snail mail! Lol
Both. They said they'll send an email first and then the letter. I thought they were saying they wanted to know for sure who was in the class by May 1st meaning we'd know before then.

Last edited:
Both. They said they'll send an email first and then the letter. I thought they were saying they wanted to know for sure who was in the class by May 1st meaning we'd know before the .
I feel like May is at the latest. She said they are going to be working on it throughout the month!

Cost for this school? It's not even accredited yet
I believe around $40,000. They have their final Site visit in June. They've made it this far. Schools rarely come this far and not get accreditation. Plus, the director of the program established the program at Seton Hall about 18 years ago. I'm not worried.

Last edited:
QUOTE="SMHopeOT, post: 18816361, member: 822547"]I believe around $40,000. They have their final Site visit in June. They've made it this far. Schools rarely come this far and not get accreditation. Plus, the director of the program established the program at Seton Hall about 18 years ago. I'm not worried.[/QUOTE]
I believe around $40,000. They have their final Site visit in June. They've made it this far. Schools rarely come this far and not get accreditation. Plus, the director of the program established the program at Seton Hall about 18 years ago. I'm not worried.

I calculated $46,000 plus tuition increases each year. About the same as in state tuition in most states. Very cheap is that why a lot applied?

QUOTE="SMHopeOT, post: 18816361, member: 822547"]I believe around $40,000. They have their final Site visit in June. They've made it this far. Schools rarely come this far and not get accreditation. Plus, the director of the program established the program at Seton Hall about 18 years ago. I'm not worried.

I calculated $46,000 plus tuition increases each year. About the same as in state tuition in most states. Very cheap is that why a lot applied?[/QUOTE]
I applied because of Dr. Vaughan. She's done some great things and I spoke with a current student. They have a lot of opportunities for fieldwork, plus they are heavily involved in the community. The low tuition and low cost of living is a plus.

QUOTE="SMHopeOT, post: 18816361, member: 822547"]I believe around $40,000. They have their final Site visit in June. They've made it this far. Schools rarely come this far and not get accreditation. Plus, the director of the program established the program at Seton Hall about 18 years ago. I'm not worried.

I calculated $46,000 plus tuition increases each year. About the same as in state tuition in most states. Very cheap is that why a lot applied?[/QUOTE]
That is a bonus, but they do amazing work in the community. Dr. Vaughan has a strong background in pediatrics which is something that I am looking into. I also like the idea that they are a new program because they are more open to change and adapting to what is going on in the community.

Did you apply there?