Program-Specific Info / Q's cox

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I swear I'm checking my email about every 5 minutes lol. I know we probably won't even hear anything back today, but

Same! I'm so ready to know!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I swear I'm checking my email about every 5 minutes lol. I know we probably won't even hear anything back today, but I'm so anxious!
Me too! I'm glad I'm not the only one! Lol

Reactions: 1 users
MSU is also in Springfield, I was just wondering what makes everyone want to go to Cox more than MSU. I am interested in both programs but was curious as to what others thought about each program. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
MSU is also in Springfield, I was just wondering what makes everyone want to go to Cox more than MSU. I am interested in both programs but was curious as to what others thought about each program. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

I also applied to both schools! I love both of these programs and in a way they are similar. They both have great faculty who are dedicated to their students and who have done some great work in the occupational therapy field. They both have simulation spaces that have been made to look like apartments where you would be able to practice before you are placed in the real world and practicing on clients. They are both passionate about adding to the occupational therapy base in Springfield, Missouri which is a big reason why these programs were created. They are both new programs who are working really hard to develop a great program. Cox college puts a lot of value on their research projects and making them community based. Missouri State does have a public affairs mission that they live out everyday and is a part of every single program that they have. I am doing my undergrad at Missouri State right now and I love it there!I think they are both great programs!

I applied to both schools, and throughout the application process Cox was a lot more
I applied to both schools and my experience with Cox was a lot more positive. They correspond with their applicants much more. They held an open house, and replied to any questions I had very quickly. Everyone I've spoken to from the school has been very down to earth and easy to talk to.
MSU is more expensive and they require the GRE. I was more than willing to take the GRE, but it's was just one extra hoop I had to worry about. Also, I had to go to them myself to find out that I wasn't accepted. It rubbed me they didn't tell me until I asked.
I think both programs are lovely, but I like that Cox cares about their applicants as people. They corresponded with me throughout all steps of the application process.

I applied to both schools, and throughout the application process Cox was a lot more

I applied to both schools and my experience with Cox was a lot more positive. They correspond with their applicants much more. They held an open house, and replied to any questions I had very quickly. Everyone I've spoken to from the school has been very down to earth and easy to talk to.
MSU is more expensive and they require the GRE. I was more than willing to take the GRE, but it's was just one extra hoop I had to worry about. Also, I had to go to them myself to find out that I wasn't accepted. It rubbed me they didn't tell me until I asked.
I think both programs are lovely, but I like that Cox cares about their applicants as people. They corresponded with me throughout all steps of the application process.

I have a good feeling about today!!! Good luck.

Still waiting... lol

Same!!! Maybe we will know next week!

I thought we were going to hear back from Cox Monday or Tuesday. I sent an email last Friday and was told I'd be hearing back very soon, but no luck so far. I'm really trying to be patient and not think about it, but it's so hard.

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought we were going to hear back from Cox Monday or Tuesday. I sent an email last Friday and was told I'd be hearing back very soon, but no luck so far. I'm really trying to be patient and not think about it, but it's so hard.
I'm sure it will all work out for us! I'm trying to keep calm, but it is taking a lot of patience! We will make it though!

I feel the same way! It's hard to not think about it. At least we know we're not the only ones who haven't heard from them!

I really hope we hear something this week. I was accepted to another school and I have to get a background check and pay $500 by the 28th. I'd really rather be at Cox College since it's my 1st choice but I can only wait until this Friday. I was told the background check takes 7-10 days. So I technically need to start doing things this week, but I really want to attend Cox :(

I really hope we hear something this week. I was accepted to another school and I have to get a background check and pay $500 by the 28th. I'd really rather be at Cox College since it's my 1st choice but I can only wait until this Friday. I was told the background check takes 7-10 days. So I technically need to start doing things this week, but I really want to attend Cox :(
Oh wow! Were you the one that emailed them last week?
I'm getting really anxious too. I have to figure out my job/housing situation soon!

I'm getting really anxious too. I have to figure out my job/housing situation soon!
I'm tempted to email... what do you guys think?

Yes, I was. That's why I thought we'd hear back last week. They made it seem like they were sending messages soon. I need to figure out where I'm going and living too.

Yes, I was. That's why I thought we'd hear back last week. They made it seem like they were sending messages soon. I need to figure out where I'm going and living too.
Who did you email?

Who did you email?
I emailed Dr. Vaughan. That was on April 7th. She said I'd hear something soon. That's why I was thinking we'd hear back from them last week. I just don't want to pay the deposit to one school and then get accepted to the school I really want to attend. I can't afford to throw away money like that.

Last edited:
I just received an acceptance letter! Did anyone else get one?

I just received an acceptance letter! Did anyone else get one?
I was placed on the wait list! But they said I was high on the wait list, so hopefully I get in.

I was placed on the wait list! But they said I was high on the wait list, so hopefully I get in.
I have my fingers crossed for you! I really want you to be my classmate!

I have my fingers crossed for you! I really want you to be my classmate!
Thank you so much! I really appreciate that! Also, congratulations on getting in!!!!! :claps:

Thank you so much! I really appreciate that! Also, congratulations on getting in!!!!! :claps:
Thank you so much! The fee is due next Friday for accepted students so I don't think you'll have to wait to long to hear back :)

Thank you so much! The fee is due next Friday for accepted students so I don't think you'll have to wait to long to hear back :)
Congrats!!! I was waitlisted as well. I was also told I was high on the list, and I should expect to get an acceptance letter soon!

Congrats!!! I was waitlisted as well. I was also told I was high on the list, and I should expect to get an acceptance letter soon!
Yay! I'm excited for both of you! I am pretty sure you guys will get in and we'll be classmates!

Yay! I'm excited for both of you! I am pretty sure you guys will get in and we'll be classmates!
Yes!! I really want to go to school with the both of you!!!

I got into another program this evening and now I hope I hear from Cox soon because I have to let the other program know by Wednesday! This is all so exciting and stressful at the same time!

I got into another program this evening and now I hope I hear from Cox soon because I have to let the other program know by Wednesday! This is all so exciting and stressful at the same time!
I'm happy and sad! I hope Cox lets you know soon too. Congrats on getting accepted to the other program.

I'm happy and sad! I hope Cox lets you know soon too. Congrats on getting accepted to the other program.
Thanks! It was one of my top schools, so I am so torn because I love both of them! Hopefully they let me know by Tuesday!

Thanks! It was one of my top schools, so I am so torn because I love both of them! Hopefully they let me know by Tuesday!
That is so exciting! Congrats!

That is so exciting! Congrats!
Hey guys I have decided to go with the other school. It is Missouri State so we will all be in Springfield! I wish you all the best!!!

Hey guys I have decided to go with the other school. It is Missouri State so we will all be in Springfield! I wish you all the best!!!
Good luck! I had a feeling that was the school you got accepted to!

Hey congrats, I'm starting that program in the fall as well! I think you were in my interview group!

Hey guys, I've been following this thread since it started but haven't posted yet. I was also waitlisted and told that I had a high place on the waiting list. I wonder if this was sent to all the waitlisted folks and what the chances of being accepted really are? Anyone have any knowledge from previous years? And congrats to SMHopeOT for getting in! Moving from Georgia is quite a move - do you have friends or family here that will help you find a place to live in the right parts of town? Let us know if you need assistance, I'm sure several of us on this thread already live here and can help in your transition. All those waitlisted, keep updating. I'm anxious to see how this process plays out. Good luck, everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey congrats, I'm starting that program in the fall as well! I think you were in my interview group!
I was! I am super excited to start there in the fall. Same if anyone needs suggestions on where to live I would be happy to help!

Hey guys, I've been following this thread since it started but haven't posted yet. I was also waitlisted and told that I had a high place on the waiting list. I wonder if this was sent to all the waitlisted folks and what the chances of being accepted really are? Anyone have any knowledge from previous years? And congrats to SMHopeOT for getting in! Moving from Georgia is quite a move - do you have friends or family here that will help you find a place to live in the right parts of town? Let us know if you need assistance, I'm sure several of us on this thread already live here and can help in your transition. All those waitlisted, keep updating. I'm anxious to see how this process plays out. Good luck, everyone!
I wondered the same thing!

Thank you! I don't know anyone who lives up there! I'm a little nervous to move but I'm excited at the same time. If you guys have suggestions on where to live please let me know! I've been looking at apartments online but I can't figure out what's close to Cox. I was looking at Coryell Courts Apartments but some of the reviews said the internet was super slow. If you guys have recommendations let me know! Good luck to those on the waitlist!

Thank you! I don't know anyone who lives up there! I'm a little nervous to move but I'm excited at the same time. If you guys have suggestions on where to live please let me know! I've been looking at apartments online but I can't figure out what's close to Cox. I was looking at Coryell Courts Apartments but some of the reviews said the internet was super slow. If you guys have recommendations let me know! Good luck to those on the waitlist!

Are you coming to town to visit prior to moving here for school? Cox is located way north, and that's not an area I'd really want to live. I would personally rather commute an extra 10-15 minutes and live in a nicer part of town. Coryell Apartments is owned by TLC Properties, you can look them up online to see their other apartment locations. Their properties are generally pretty nice, I believe, and the people who own TLC are great people. I just looked that particular property up online and it's even farther north than Cox, closer to I-44 it appears, and looks pretty nice. Just depends on if it's more important to you to stay closer to school with less commute, or to live in a nicer part of town but with more commute, taking your budget and reliability of vehicle and gas prices into consideration.

Is there a way to private message on this site? I'd be happy to private message you my phone number and if you need any help or someone to check potential properties out for you, just let me know. I think it's brave moving across country for school to a place you've never met, and if I can make it easier on you, I'm happy to do so. Springfield is a great little city. It gets hella hot and humid here in the summer, but coming from Georgia, you're used to that! It'll grow on you. But don't let your first impression of the city be the location of Cox, it's located just a bit north of the other universities in town, but close to the ghetto part of town. The city gets prettier the further south you go. I'm excited for you and your new adventure!

Are you coming to town to visit prior to moving here for school? Cox is located way north, and that's not an area I'd really want to live. I would personally rather commute an extra 10-15 minutes and live in a nicer part of town. Coryell Apartments is owned by TLC Properties, you can look them up online to see their other apartment locations. Their properties are generally pretty nice, I believe, and the people who own TLC are great people. I just looked that particular property up online and it's even farther north than Cox, closer to I-44 it appears, and looks pretty nice. Just depends on if it's more important to you to stay closer to school with less commute, or to live in a nicer part of town but with more commute, taking your budget and reliability of vehicle and gas prices into consideration.

Is there a way to private message on this site? I'd be happy to private message you my phone number and if you need any help or someone to check potential properties out for you, just let me know. I think it's brave moving across country for school to a place you've never met, and if I can make it easier on you, I'm happy to do so. Springfield is a great little city. It gets hella hot and humid here in the summer, but coming from Georgia, you're used to that! It'll grow on you. But don't let your first impression of the city be the location of Cox, it's located just a bit north of the other universities in town, but close to the ghetto part of town. The city gets prettier the further south you go. I'm excited for you and your new adventure!
Hey, I just sent you a private message.

I was! I am super excited to start there in the fall. Same if anyone needs suggestions on where to live I would be happy to help!
Cool! Looking forward to orientation week. A girl named gabby who's starting with us added me on fbook the other day, I think she was OT club president at msu. I'll definitely be hitting y'all up! Wish they would send that next step list!

Cool! Looking forward to orientation week. A girl named gabby who's starting with us added me on fbook the other day, I think she was OT club president at msu. I'll definitely be hitting y'all up! Wish they would send that next step list!
I know I'm attending Cox, but if you guys have recommendations on places to live please feel free to give them!

Same! I am so ready for that list! I also can't wait to meet more people from our class!

I know I'm attending Cox, but if you guys have recommendations on places to live please feel free to give them!
I am probably going to start apartment shopping next week! If I come across any place I like I will let you know!