Program-Specific Info / Q's cox

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OT/2016

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from cox college? I know that that app was due on the 10th so it is still early but thought I would start a thread so people can post when they heard from them!

Members don't see this ad.

I applied there as well, and I'm waiting on pins and needles to hear from them!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard anything yet? I'm tempted to send an email, but I'm worried that I'll seem impatient.

Has anyone heard anything yet? I'm tempted to send an email, but I'm worried that I'll seem impatient.
I haven't heard anything yet. I was thinking of sending an email as well. I really want to attend Cox. The wait is killing me. Maybe emailing and asking for an update would be ok.

I haven't heard anything yet. I was thinking of sending an email as well. I really want to attend Cox. The wait is killing me. Maybe emailing and asking for an update would be ok.
Yea I ended up emailing theme yesterday. I hope I don't seem pushy, but I had to email my other school just to get the newsame that I was rejected lol. I don't think it hurt to ask.

Reactions: 1 user
Yea I ended up emailing theme yesterday. I hope I don't seem pushy, but I had to email my other school just to get the newsame that I was rejected lol. I don't think it hurt to ask.
I emailed them 2 days ago and haven't gotten a response. It's frustrating.

Have you gotten a response to your email yet?

Nope nothing! I'm seriously stressing out!
Me too! I emailed them a day before you and still haven't received anything. I was accepted into another program but it's way more expensive and farther away from my home state. I really want to attend Cox. I'm stressing all the way out :arghh:

Me too! I emailed them a day before you and still haven't received anything. I was accepted into another program but it's way more expensive and farther away from my home state. I really want to attend Cox. I'm stressing all the way out :arghh:
Oh wow! We'll at least you've gotten into one school for sure. I didn't get into the other school I applied to. I'm not sure what to do at this point. I kind of want to call them, but I don't know! I'm sure there's a reason why we haven't heard anything. I've got a job offer that I might take, but I don't want to accept it and then have to quit once school starts...

Oh wow! We'll at least you've gotten into one school for sure. I didn't get into the other school I applied to. I'm not sure what to do at this point. I kind of want to call them, but I don't know! I'm sure there's a reason why we haven't heard anything. I've got a job offer that I might take, but I don't want to accept it and then have to quit once school starts...
I'm hoping we will hear back from them this week. I think we will all get in. Just stay positive! I'm just hoping they are very busy trying to get all of our applications together.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm hoping we will hear back from them this week. I think we will all get in. Just stay positive! I'm just hoping they are very busy trying to get all of our applications together.
Me too! Let's keep each other posted if we hear anything :)

Me too! Let's keep each other posted if we hear anything :)
I received an invitation for an interview. It's a Skype interview and it's happening this Friday. Did anyone else receive an email?

No news for me
Hmm, I just received it last night after 9 pm. It looks like there are only 15 people who signed up. I'm sure they will be conducting more interviews, so keep checking your email.

I received an invitation for an interview. It's a Skype interview and it's happening this Friday. Did anyone else receive an email?
I also haven't heard anything... Looks Like I'll be emailing them.

Last edited:
I haven't received anything yet either... I'm so glad you got an interview! I'll be checking my email like crazy today lol

I've emailed theme once already... should I try tout email again?

I think I am going to give it until tomorrow. I'm sure that they are busy and hopefully we will receive an email by the end of the day!

Honestly, I'd maybe you should call. You don't even have to give your name. You can just say you want to check on when they'll be inviting people for interviews. Also, check your spam box too. You never know, you may have gotten an email but it ended up in your spam folder.

Okay yea I think I'll call but wait til tomorrow. Thanks
Honestly, I'd maybe you should call. You don't even have to give your name. You can just say you want to check on when they'll be inviting people for interviews. Also, check your spam box too. You never know, you may have gotten an email but it ended up in your spam folder.
Yea I think I'll call tomorrow. I'll give them one more day lol. Thanks for the advice! So your interview is tomorrow?

I think I am going to give it until tomorrow. I'm sure that they are busy and hopefully we will receive an email by the end of the day!
Yes me too! At least we're in the same boat! Lol

Okay yea I think I'll call but wait til tomorrow. Thanks

Yea I think I'll call tomorrow. I'll give them one more day lol. Thanks for the advice! So your interview is tomorrow?
Yes, it's tomorrow afternoon. It's only a 15 minute time slot so I don't think it will be too bad. Whatever happens don't give up hope. I think everyone on the waitlist ended up getting accepted last year.

Yes, it's tomorrow afternoon. It's only a 15 minute time slot so I don't think it will be too bad. Whatever happens don't give up hope. I think everyone on the waitlist ended up getting accepted last year.
Oh wow, that's not bad at all! You should let us know how it was! And I'll try not to :) that make me feel better knowing they took everyone on the wait list. I just want to hear something! Lol

Oh wow, that's not bad at all! You should let us know how it was! And I'll try not to :) that make me feel better knowing they took everyone on the wait list. I just want to hear something! Lol
I'll let you guys know how it goes as soon as I'm done tomorrow.

I'll let you guys know how it goes as soon as I'm done tomorrow.
I called today and I got an interview!!! Mine is today at 5:30. Wish me luck!

Reactions: 1 users
I called today and I got an interview!!! Mine is today at 5:30. Wish me luck!
I emailed them last night and they said they would look into it! Now I have an interview for Monday at 3! YAY!

I wish everyone luck! I hope we all get in :)

I think the time will fly by. Are both of you from MO?
I currently attend Missouri State here in Springfield, MO but I am originally from a small town in Kansas.

I'm from Georgia, so this will be a big move if I'm accepted.
Wow that will be a big move, but I am sure that you will like it here! Did you apply anywhere else?

what did you say in your email?
I asked when we would know more information regarding the status of our applications and then they told me they would look more into it.

Wow that will be a big move, but I am sure that you will like it here! Did you apply anywhere else?
Yea, I applied to several schools. Probably about 10 or so, and I've been accepted to one. I have an interview next week for another school, and I'm waiting to hear back from one more. I really want to attend Cox so if they accept me I'll be estatic. How about you, did you apply anywhere else?

I sent them an email. I wonder why contacting them seems to get you an interview faster?
I looked on their Facebook page and it showed a pic of Dr. Vaughan at her desk and the caption said she was looking through applicants. So maybe that's why contacting them gets you an interview faster. Maybe they haven't come across your app yet and when you contact them they look at it and schedule an interview.

Last edited:
I looked on their Facebook page and it showed a pic of Dr. Vaughan at her desk and the captain said she was looking through applicants. So maybe that's why contacting them gets you an interview faster. Maybe they haven't come across your app yet and when you contact them they look at it and schedule an interview.
Oh great news! You guy have been awesome. I like that everyone wants people to succeed here and are not out for themselves. That is the kind of class mates i hope to be with when in ot school!!

Reactions: 2 users
Oh great news! You guy have been awesome. I like that everyone wants people to succeed here and are not out for themselves. That is the kind of class mates i hope to be with when in ot school!!
I applied I November when did you guys apply?