Countdown to Decemeber 1st!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Guys im dyin here cant wait anymore till Dec 1st. I should know if I got accepted in Iowa College of Dentistry by 12:01 am online on UI website. Dont know wut to think or do before midnight and after if its a yes or no !!!

Members don't see this ad.

Just thought about inducing a coma and wake up at 12:01 am :)

Have you guys seen Click? If I had a universal remote, that fast forward to dec 1st would be pretty tempting... except uw doesn't accept that many on dec 1st, so then I would end up using the remote way to much and we all know what happens then...

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you guys seen Click? If I had a universal remote, that fast forward to dec 1st would be pretty tempting... except uw doesn't accept that many on dec 1st, so then I would end up using the remote way to much and we all know what happens then...

Of course... loss of family and friends, all personal relationships in general. Kinda like what happens with too much hanging out on SDN and obsessing over Dschool. What's the difference??

5 minutes until.. 13 more days to go.. sitting here watching.. "The Time Traveler's Wife" .. talk about productivity lol.

5 minutes until.. 13 more days to go.. sitting here watching.. "The Time Traveler's Wife" .. talk about productivity lol.

Omg, that movie. I absolutely LOVED the book. However, I really didn't like the movie. Despite Eric Bana's good looks, it just didn't cut it. Now I want to go reread the book...

Sorry for hijacking. =/ I just had to express my love for time traveler's wife.

Omg, that movie. I absolutely LOVED the book. However, I really didn't like the movie. Despite Eric Bana's good looks, it just didn't cut it. Now I want to go reread the book...

Sorry for hijacking. =/ I just had to express my love for time traveler's wife.

Lol I'm great at going off topic.. Shakira, Lady Gaga, The Time Traveler's Wife.. I'm going to read the book after the movie! Okay back to countdown guys :thumbup:

That was the in-flight movie on my way back from my interview. What a horrid way to spend two hours on a plane, I'd rather watch J.Lo in Gigli all over again.

Well, actually, maybe not...

Haha, yeah, my bf refused to watch it with me so I watched it by myself -- afterward I was glad I did because I knew if I didn't like it, he would have hated it and then would've made me watch a horror movie in return. =\

Well, at least we know this thread is good for one thing: keeping us busy talking about random subjects until dec 1st!

That was the in-flight movie on my way back from my interview. What a horrid way to spend two hours on a plane, I'd rather watch J.Lo in Gigli all over again.

:laugh:

+1:thumbup:

Lol I'm great at going off topic.. Shakira, Lady Gaga, The Time Traveler's Wife.. I'm going to read the book after the movie! Okay back to countdown guys :thumbup:

have you HEARD her new one with beyonce - "telephone"??? if not, go look it up on youtube right NOW!

have you HEARD her new one with beyonce - "telephone"??? if not, go look it up on youtube right NOW!

They have another song together.. called.. "Video Phone" .. but i think i like "Telephone" better!

I dont think it's too bad. Im looking for romantic, mushy movies.. any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm, where to start. I liked Definitely, Maybe. If you're a musical person (and maybe even if you're not) Moulin Rouge is amazing. Stardust for action adventure/romance. Love Actually. I realize that I'm listing older movies. I haven't seen many good romantic comedy type movies recently.

Hmm, where to start. I liked Definitely, Maybe. If you're a musical person (and maybe even if you're not) Moulin Rouge is amazing. Stardust for action adventure/romance. Love Actually. I realize that I'm listing older movies. I haven't seen many good romantic comedy type movies recently.

i was actually going to say it's getting to be that "love actually" time of year

i was actually going to say it's getting to be that "love actually" time of year

AHHH I LOVE LOVE LOVE that movie!! My favorite scene.. was that dude held the cards with messages on them... "But to me.. u're perfect".. AHHH :love::love::love::love:

I just finished The Time Traveler's Wife.. it's pretty good.. i don't think it's all that bad.. I cried towards the end lol.

And i think it's too early to start an acceptance thread.. do it 1 day before Dec 1 ? Or else it'll get lost under all the other threads..

I actually didn't cry during the movie.... I think I just liked the book too much to accept the differences in the movie. I did cry when reading the book. A lot. Haha, it was 3 am... I couldn't put it down.

I actually didn't cry during the movie.... I think I just liked the book too much to accept the differences in the movie. I did cry when reading the book. A lot. Haha, it was 3 am... I couldn't put it down.

I just read the summary of the differences between the movie and the book.. the book sounds 10000000000000x better.. can't wait to read it!

its good to know that i'm not the only one going crazy waiting for dec 1st.its 3;41 am and i'm still awake. i cant take my mind off dec 1st.

I dont think it's too bad. Im looking for romantic, mushy movies.. any suggestions?

You should go check out Lars von Trier's new film Antichrist. An elemental meditation on the relationship of man and woman. Lots of tender "aww..." moments in that one. Or you could rent the superb French romantic comedy Irréversible. Those Parisians have romance down to a science.

In the interest of your unwarped and uncorrupted mind, it's best you ignore my recommendations :cool:.

Alright, this may sound somewhat crazy on this forum but has anyone thought of waiting to check anything until the morning you wake up on Dec. 1st? Im thinking about waiting cuz I doubt Ill be able to sleep if I did get in and I found out that night. Im thinking Im going to go for the Christmas morning as a kid feel. Wake up to see if you have presents waiting for you. Plus then you can call everyone and tell them right away instead of waking them up at midnight! Any takers to this strategy? Or am I the only crazy one?

Alright, this may sound somewhat crazy on this forum but has anyone thought of waiting to check anything until the morning you wake up on Dec. 1st? Im thinking about waiting cuz I doubt Ill be able to sleep if I did get in and I found out that night. Im thinking Im going to go for the Christmas morning as a kid feel. Wake up to see if you have presents waiting for you. Plus then you can call everyone and tell them right away instead of waking them up at midnight! Any takers to this strategy? Or am I the only crazy one?

I did think about that.... but I wouldn't be able to go to sleep knowing the answer to my future is 3 feet and a couple clicks away.

This is actually not a bad idea at all, since many schools won't update AADSAS exactly at midnight. I think I'm going to wait, I don't want to be freaking out in the middle of the night.

This is actually not a bad idea at all, since many schools won't update AADSAS exactly at midnight. I think I'm going to wait, I don't want to be freaking out in the middle of the night.
I am with you on that. Besides, I have to go to work in the morning. Need to get good night sleep.

Since I have somewhat of a moderate support so far, lets take it one step further by not checking the mail or email on Nov. 27,28, and 30th. The morning of Dec. 1st, Im checking everything. Phone calls unfortunately you really cant avoid but Im going to go on lockdown starting that friday!

Well, that is Thanksgiving weekend so I doubt much will be happening during those days, but I cannot go without checking my email. Not just for dental school reasons though -- I might get important emails from other class-related or other things. It's the first thing I check when I get on my computer. lol.

Since I have somewhat of a moderate support so far, lets take it one step further by not checking the mail or email on Nov. 27,28, and 30th. The morning of Dec. 1st, Im checking everything. Phone calls unfortunately you really cant avoid but Im going to go on lockdown starting that friday!

freaks! carnies! you're taking this to the extreme!

blasphemy

your blasphemy is seconded. I intend on

1. checking AADSAS at 12:01
2. "celebrating" heavily for a week

I missed USC interview today. Arhhhhhhhhhhhh

Oh no, it appears the tide is turning..... :)

blasphemy indeed. i will camp out with my laptop and incessantly check aadsas every 30 seconds once it hits midnight, thank you very much ;)

:laugh: And then AADSAS will lag like it did on the first day of the cycle.

I m just wondering if we can call d-schools on Dec. 1st to check our status. Thanks!

wow.. 13 days... that's enticingly countable. but i gotta stop myself from counting! ahhhhhh