Countdown to Decemeber 1st!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smiles123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So like many of you, I am anxiously waiting for December 1st to come along. Waiting is so difficult especially since there is nothing more for you to do (and no, checking SDN/predents four times a day won't increase your chances of getting in...sigh...:rolleyes:). What will you be doing as the days get closer to December 1st and the stress starts rolling in? 27 days to go...:D

Members don't see this ad.

What will you be doing as the days get closer to December 1st and the stress starts rolling in? 27 days to go...:D

I'll put some Champagne on ice....or load up my revolver as a back up ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
I check my email and SDN as much as possible. I am so anxiously waiting on to see my acceptance/rejection letter. It would save me a lot of money if I got accepted to a school by December 1 that is close to my home and I did not have to fly across America for an interview. I will be grateful to the dental school that offers me acceptance.:xf:

... not all those moves are here own.. i smell a double

The 1st of December will either be a great or depressing day...

I am getting anxious, but trying not to freak out too much...if I get an acceptance, GREAT, but if not, I still have 3 post-Dec. 1st interviews ! :xf:

I am just gonna stop thinking about it. I've been getting tense as the date is getting close!!! There's always a WHAT IF I don't get into all 3 schools I interviewed at....then what??? This is driving me a little insane

Members don't see this ad :)
At least at 12:00 AM on Dec. first i'll know whether i got in/rejected/waitlisted at Buffalo. Anyone know other schools that update AADSAS immediately at the stroke of midnight?

In order to relieve the stress I have resorted to watching more sports than usual. Instantly I have become an avid follower of a couple of different teams

At least at 12:00 AM on Dec. first i'll know whether i got in/rejected/waitlisted at Buffalo. Anyone know other schools that update AADSAS immediately at the stroke of midnight?

That's awesome. I wish they all did that

Just wondering what you guys thought would be a "magic" number for the number of pre dec interviews that you have to kind of relax and assume that as long as you didn't bomb any of your interviews, you'd have a good chance of at leat one acceptance on dec first. I know there is the grades/dat scores factor but just in general. thanks!

Just wondering what you guys thought would be a "magic" number for the number of pre dec interviews that you have to kind of relax and assume that as long as you didn't bomb any of your interviews, you'd have a good chance of at leat one acceptance on dec first. I know there is the grades/dat scores factor but just in general. thanks!

I am not sure if there is one, but if there was a magic number I sure hope its four because that is how many I have had :D

Last edited:
With solid stats and a good interview, I would say 4... Of course nothing is set in stone. That's my guess. Unfortunately I only have 3. An applicant should feel pretty excited/ confident with 4+

I am not sure if there is one, but if there was a magic number I sure hope its four because that is how many I have had :D

Four sounds good to me! Maybe that is just because thats how many I have...haha:D

I definitely have a final countdown in my apartment................. :D

But just about every night since I put that up I have dental school interview dreams or nightmares! :eek:

I definitely have a final countdown in my apartment................. :D

But just about every night since I put that up I have dental school interview dreams or nightmares! :eek:

No way! Me too! Every single night for the past week I've been tossing and turning with December 1st scenarios for dreams/nightmares. I think I'm going crazy, as does my mother. :laugh:

Glad I'm not alone!! hahaha I was thinking I was losing it!

Does anyone else find that their spacing out in all their classes? I swear this whole admissions thing is the only thing on my mind! I'm getting by well enough.....but still :D

Glad I'm not alone!! hahaha I was thinking I was losing it!

Does anyone else find that their spacing out in all their classes? I swear this whole admissions thing is the only thing on my mind! I'm getting by well enough.....but still :D

LMAO .. During class, I take "notes" (pros/cons about different schools, if I don't get in to this school, where would I go?, etc.) I don't even know why I bother going to class (luckily I record lectures for later).

It's like you're reading my life story. :laugh:

Wow, yes. me too. Right now instead of studying for my HUGE exam friday I am going over my interviews in my head and thinking about things I could have possibly done wrong.. over..and over..and over. I am literally going insane. This is the most painful thing ever...I really hope this starts to get better because my grades are going to go down the drain otherwise! haha

I stare at my little calendar and think, ugh, is it December yet?! The closer we get to December 1st, I will be paying less and less attention in class. I don't want to wait 26 more days....I say we all come together and try building a time machine!

Honestly, haha...Dec 1st is my last day of classes. I'll either be too excited/crazy/party hardy or way depressed to study for my finals.....should be interesting :laugh:

oh dear..! :rolleyes:

i'm so excited, i have countdowns of countdowns. ie. 6 more days until 3 more weeks. i'm crazy.

This thread is hilarious, I love it. So, UW says they accept very few on Dec 1st and in Dec in general... just curious, what does "very few" mean? any ideas?

I won't start a countdown for Dec 1st till I'm done with my last interview.
.....But I am counting down the days till I can start the countdown for Dec 1st. :laugh:

This thread is hilarious, I love it. So, UW says they accept very few on Dec 1st and in Dec in general... just curious, what does "very few" mean? any ideas?

more than a couple but less than several. :smuggrin:

PEOPLE!!! so i clicked on this threat to find some relief that i was not the only one who can no longer function as a human being!!! my mother considers me a dead person, my professors mark me absent even though i sit in the front row, and i noticed that i am a danger to my self on the road as i stopped paying attention while im driving!!!! :( food lost its taste, water does not calm my thirst, and the only three things i do on my computer is check this site, aadsas, and my email... As i began to read this threat i found great comedy, but when it was over, i just went back to being a zombie!! SO KEEP WRITING PEOPLE!!! I NEED TO FEEL HUMAN AGAIN BEFORE DECEMBER FIRST!!! at this point, even a rejection letter will make me snap out of it, i just want to know if im IN or NOT!!!!! :( :( :(

I will be the first one to say but you guys are crazy :D.

My last interview was mid-October so I am waiting for a month and a half.
Since mid-October I found my hockey and soccer passions emerging. I was more stressed out yesterday when I was watching UEFA Champions League than when I had my interviews. And today LA Kings are playng Penguins =) Oh, what? dental schools?^)

Last edited:
:luck:[UOTE=jeant1988;8837160]PEOPLE!!! so i clicked on this threat to find some relief that i was not the only one who can no longer function as a human being!!! my mother considers me a dead person, my professors mark me absent even though i sit in the front row, and i noticed that i am a danger to my self on the road as i stopped paying attention while im driving!!!! :( food lost its taste, water does not calm my thirst, and the only three things i do on my computer is check this site, aadsas, and my email... As i began to read this threat i found great comedy, but when it was over, i just went back to being a zombie!! SO KEEP WRITING PEOPLE!!! I NEED TO FEEL HUMAN AGAIN BEFORE DECEMBER FIRST!!! at this point, even a rejection letter will make me snap out of it, i just want to know if im IN or NOT!!!!! :( :( :([/QUOTE]

Dec 1st came and went for me last year and then I finally got my acceptance june 28. Good luck.

I envy everyone that has completed their interviews... I know you all are freaking out, but admit it, you have to be incredibly excited. There's nothing more you can do, so that should take a little pressure off. I'm calling it right now, everyone on this forum with 4+ pre-december interviews will get at least one acceptance in December. I'm optimistic and feel certain that stats in this forum are in the upper epsilon. Call me crazy, or take my prediction and run with it

I envy everyone that has completed their interviews... I know you all are freaking out, but admit it, you have to be incredibly excited. There's nothing more you can do, so that should take a little pressure off. I'm calling it right now, everyone on this forum with 4+ pre-december interviews will get at least one acceptance in December. I'm optimistic and feel certain that stats in this forum are in the upper epsilon. Call me crazy, or take my prediction and run with it

4+ predecember interviews and atleast One acceptance in Dec? I like your theory...lets hope it hold true!:love:

I think I JUST MIGHT break down and cry in my class on Dec 1st if I get that phone call from either one of my 2 top choices.

I am really scared
I only have 3 interviews
sigh, i just don't know anymore
really wish i can get 1 or 2 more

4+ interviews = at least 1 acceptance come dec. 1st.... I'm with you on that one

im gonna take your prediction and run with it :D

i know this happen very rarely but every year there are schools that mail their acceptance letters (snail mail) few days before so that they'll arrive by Dec 1st. but instead they arrive on like Nov 29/30.
now that would be sweet...

i know this happen very rarely but every year there are schools that mail their acceptance letters (snail mail) few days before so that they'll arrive by Dec 1st. but instead they arrive on like Nov 29/30.
now that would be sweet...
or schools like NYU that mail their letter on Dec 1 and won't answer a phone about your status....
or schools that take holiday vacation and do not meet until Dec 10 to make any decisions....

or schools like NYU that mail their letter on Dec 1 and won't answer a phone about your status....
or schools that take holiday vacation and do not meet until Dec 10 to make any decisions....

im glad i didnt interview at either of those schools :cool:

not giving your acceptance over the phone i can understand since it's a private information which should not be released so easily. sending out on Dec 1st. i can understand it too. but taking a vacation and not meeting til Dec 10? come on, show some respect for those applicants who have spent money/time to find their future dream and at least set up an automatic e-mail system or something =\

there quite a few people in the past that did not hear anything on Dec 1 and it was not because they were not accepted... some schools send letter Dec 1 and people receive it Dec 3-5, some schools send their acceptances in batches all Dec month long, and some schools simply had holiday vacations scheduled so anyone who interviewed mid Nov had to wait till mid Dec for acceptances to be sent... some schools specifically state " do not worry if you do not hear from us Dec 1"
thankfully more and more schools are trying to notify every interviewed applicant about accept/ reject/ waitlist status Dec 1.

Dec 1st oh Dec 1st! This day, this month, will never ever be forgotten! Good or bad!!! This whole process is trying to test our patience! andddd im running out of it! I still have two more post-dec interviews but still i want to know already!!:cool:

I have one interview on Nov 30!! I wish they would tell me right then in there! LOL! That would be sweet! wouldnt it? LOL! :laugh:

:idea: Should we star creating those official threads for Acceptance/Waitlisting/Rejection ??? To keep ourselves busy?
yes, no, maybe??? :p

Last edited:
Man, it's only November 6th?

Come on already!!! Where are you December 1st?!