Corona

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You are the few on here who is beginning to grasp the intricacies behind this alleged pandemic. Most people on here will only accept "facts" that are spewed by what is termed mainstream media...
You do realize that nypost is still considered mainstream media? Or are you not accepting the "facts" from that website either?
Also, I don't understand what people mean when they say they don't trust "mainstream media." I'm not saying trust these sources with no questions, I am asking what alternative news sources are being used? Don't say facebook, youtube, or your friends from work.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
While the "tinfoil hat" is strong with this post there are a few elements that I agree with. I could definitely see this being used to justify UBI at some point. I hear an awful lot of "why are people being paid more money to stay at home" blah blah blah. Excellent point - let's use UBI to eliminate that 'injustice'!

Food shortages seem all but guarantied at this point.

The rest I am +/- on. I doubt travel restrictions will become the norm, I guess we will see. #1 is the most unlikely IMO. #5 is so vague you can make anything fit that so it is basically guaranteed to be right.

Why would #1 be the most not likely to occur when many small business owners are complaining that they find it very difficult, nearly impossible to receive the stimulus help loaned out by the government. There are many articles showing a grim future for small business owners, especially restaurants as they have to implement social distancing measures which will cause them massive revenue hits

His understanding of intricacies was to laugh it off with Lol and Haha. Pointing a finger at panic buying of toilet paper. At some point, he started to support quarantine of selective population but didn't pursue that argument much. That argument actually had some merit. It might be hard to execute but I haven't seen anyone put a comprehensive plan either, unless you count Sweden with their selective quarantine. Oh and btw, if we didn't execute our current plan, what makes anyone think that a more complex plan was feasible.

You bring up valid points. All those things 1 through 5 are a reality. They are here. There is no denying it. However, they probably would have been here if nothing was done as well. The argument that seems to come up time after time is we are not NYC, we are not NO.

You cry outrage! Where are my liberties! Knock yourself out. Btw, I don't see an actual solution that would have avoided 1-5 in your post. All those things would have happened just in a different sequence if they let the virus sweep through our population. As I said, we did a half baked job and wasted months. We damaged our economy and still have to bury the dead.

P.S. I am a pharmacist in a low risk category with no underlying conditions.

I am glad that you realize points 1-5 are becoming a reality. The point I was making is that this was done intentionally. The easiest method of implementing these measures would be to create the hysteria from a pandemic. The powers that be will not conjure these measures out of thin air. There needs to be a narrative.

Members don't see this ad :)
You do realize that nypost is still considered mainstream media? Or are you not accepting the "facts" from that website either?
Also, I don't understand what people mean when they say they don't trust "mainstream media." I'm not saying trust these sources with no questions, I am asking what alternative news sources are being used? Don't say facebook, youtube, or your friends from work.

All forms of media whether they be mainstream or not should be scrutinized. The problem is that information is tightly controlled and serves to propagate the interests of the few. This is a highly complex issue that delves into politics and socioeconomic issues. If you study the role of media throughout history, you can see the real purpose that it played in cementing the geopolitical interests of those in power.

But basically, how does a layperson ascertain "truth." This is the real question. Do we simply swallow what is told to us by media?

I am glad that you realize points 1-5 are becoming a reality. The point I was making is that this was done intentionally. The easiest method of implementing these measures would be to create the hysteria from a pandemic. The powers that be will not conjure these measures out of thin air. There needs to be a narrative.

I am still looking for an alternative solution that could have provided us with a better path forward. Is there one? Is showing up at state capitols with guns the narrative we are looking for? These are elected officials at federal, state, and local levels.

I am still looking for an alternative solution that could have provided us with a better path forward. Is there one? Is showing up at state capitols with guns the narrative we are looking for? These are elected officials at federal, state, and local levels.

There is no alternative solution because there was no problem to begin with. This "pandemic" was concocted to usher in these draconian measures that have become a reality for most of the world. A New World Order has come to reality and this was in the planning stages since time immemorial.

The people showing up at state capitols with guns and protesting are merely victims of what has happened. No amount of protesting or voting will change anything. The very same elected officials are the ones that have chained them. The common people do not know who their enemy is. That is why history always repeats itself.

Cool. New World Order you say.

Well they can move to Belarus. There were no draconian measures taken there. Although, they don't elect their president. He has a lifetime appointment.

There is no alternative solution because there was no problem to begin with. This "pandemic" was concocted to usher in these draconian measures that have become a reality for most of the world. A New World Order has come to reality and this was in the planning stages since time immemorial.

The people showing up at state capitols with guns and protesting are merely victims of what has happened. No amount of protesting or voting will change anything. The very same elected officials are the ones that have chained them. The common people do not know who their enemy is. That is why history always repeats itself.

1511060282105.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Why would #1 be the most not likely to occur when many small business owners are complaining that they find it very difficult, nearly impossible to receive the stimulus help loaned out by the government. There are many articles showing a grim future for small business owners, especially restaurants as they have to implement social distancing measures which will cause them massive revenue hits

Small businesses will bounce back with the economy. Also #1 had mixed endpoints - I don’t see private colleges going away or restricted access to education for the nobles only.

Small businesses will bounce back with the economy. Also #1 had mixed endpoints - I don’t see private colleges going away or restricted access to education for the nobles only.

How can they just bounce back at a whim? The economy isn't some simple rest button you can press to go back to previous state of conditions. When millions of people are unemployed and under employed, this trickles to the rest of the economy. Parents cannot afford to send their kids to colleges and besides many people are disillusioned with higher education anyway since the benefits are meager. Look what happened to our own profession.

How can they just bounce back at a whim? The economy isn't some simple rest button you can press to go back to previous state of conditions. When millions of people are unemployed and under employed, this trickles to the rest of the economy. Parents cannot afford to send their kids to colleges and besides many people are disillusioned with higher education anyway since the benefits are meager. Look what happened to our own profession.

Do you think people are just going to be unemployed from now on? Business will reopen, people will get back to work, and the economy will recover.

I suspect less than 10% of people have parents who pay for their college tuition anymore so I don't know what that has to do with anything. As long as the government provides loans, colleges are going to do just fine.

Do you think people are just going to be unemployed from now on? Business will reopen, people will get back to work, and the economy will recover.

I suspect less than 10% of people have parents who pay for their college tuition anymore so I don't know what that has to do with anything. As long as the government provides loans, colleges are going to do just fine.

I wish your optimism will win the day. However, the service economy has been the hardest hit and it simply cannot recover the way you envision it. An economic transformation was bound to happen and COVID was the perfect catalyst for it. History has shown the evolution of the economy from an agrarian one to service/technology. The world is at the cusp of another transformation.

Why do you think universal guaranteed income keeps being discussed? Because that will be the only source of income for millions. As much of the remaining economy becomes automated, you don't need as many workers as before. You don't need millions of college students pursuing worthless degrees for jobs that don't exist. Government will not give out loans to colleges anymore.

The future will be an automated technocratic global society. Traditional borders, nation states and such will cease to exist. That is the hallmark of globalization. The forces behind this have been tirelessly working to make this a reality. This will be more apparent as time passes and you see the facade of the past wither away.

Please do a critical analysis of history and economic trends to realize what is bound to happen. You may dismiss my remarks as one of a madman and conspiracy theorist but you will see with your own eyes as this unfolds shortly.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wish your optimism will win the day. However, the service economy has been the hardest hit and it simply cannot recover the way you envision it. An economic transformation was bound to happen and COVID was the perfect catalyst for it. History has shown the evolution of the economy from an agrarian one to service/technology. The world is at the cusp of another transformation.

Why do you think universal guaranteed income keeps being discussed? Because that will be the only source of income for millions. As much of the remaining economy becomes automated, you don't need as many workers as before. You don't need millions of college students pursuing worthless degrees for jobs that don't exist. Government will not give out loans to colleges anymore.

The future will be an automated technocratic global society. Traditional borders, nation states and such will cease to exist. That is the hallmark of globalization. The forces behind this have been tirelessly working to make this a reality. This will be more apparent as time passes and you see the facade of the past wither away.

Please do a critical analysis of history and economic trends to realize what is bound to happen. You may dismiss my remarks as one of a madman and conspiracy theorist but you will see with your own eyes as this unfolds shortly.

Generally, business decreased during pandemic and increased the decade after quarantine was over. Or are you trying to say that robots will finally take over? Really don't know where you have been getting your information from.

Last edited:

Generally, business decreased during pandemic and increased the decade after quarantine was over. Or are you trying to say that robots will finally take over? Really don't know where you have been getting your information from.

You can't compare 1918 flu pandemic with this one. The main distinction being that we now operate under a global economy. Back then close to half of Americans were farmers and lived in rural areas, then another large percentage worked in industry. The economy was localized. People just simply returned to work and everything normalized.
Now the economy is a complex patchwork of multinational corporations without borders.

The point I am trying to illustrate is that this lockdown that was imposed on most of the world was necessary to usher in these critical changes to the way our economy works and everyday life. Automation, decline in college enrollment, and loss of traditional jobs was bound to happen but this alleged pandemic fuels the transition.

My information is derived from multiple sources and analysing historical trends. You have to look at events taking place and piece them together. It's like a puzzle that needs to have all the pieces to see the whole picture. Most people fail to do that.

...My information is derived from multiple sources and analysing historical trends. You have to look at events taking place and piece them together. It's like a puzzle that needs to have all the pieces to see the whole picture. Most people fail to do that.
Source: "Dude, just trust me bro"

Last edited:
Had a technician that always talked about guaranteed universal income and automation. Then again he loved to smoke weed and was approaching 30 without any meaningful effort to have a career in anything. It's an idea that appeals to milennials. Only problem is that history has shown the little guy has to struggle and claw to get by and that entitlement programs ie Medicaid are always under fire.

Source: "Dude, just trust me bro"

Source for the bleak assessment of colleges: With virus, US higher education may face existential moment

Source for universal income:

You can Google all of this information. There are multiple sources of information for what I am stating. Citing sources is simple. Having the ability to analyze and extrapolate the information is the essential part.

You can cite me sources that can be contrary to what I am saying, that's fine. But you have to look at current events and analyze them.

The ability to also read between the lines is critical. For example, there is a news article stating that hospitals get paid more for Covid diagnosis and patients being on ventilators. Here is the source:

Now after reading this, what will be your conclusion? The article confirmed the fact but you have to delve deeper and understand its implications.

Had a technician that always talked about guaranteed universal income and automation. Then again he loved to smoke weed and was approaching 30 without any meaningful effort to have a career in anything. It's an idea that appeals to milennials. Only problem is that history has shown the little guy has to struggle and claw to get by and that entitlement programs ie Medicaid are always under fire.

Guaranteed universal income is not beneficial for the masses. On the surface it sounds nice. It is simply a tool that will be used to appease the jobless and hopeless population.

Why do you think most states legalized recreational marijuana recently? It is so that access to the drug becomes decriminalized and the norm in society. Your former technician is an epitome of what is coming: aimless young adults with no job prospects smoking weed and eating processed foods. They will be content and not revolt.

Let me get this straight. You read all of this and somehow conclude that the NWO is going to take over the world? Thats what you are telling me?

Not just from this, I'm just citing to you sources that you kept insisting that I give. The concept of NWO is something you have to grapple with from history books, articles and what not. I dont have the time to list you such sources.

Whether you come to accept such a concept boils down to how you interpret history. Is history going down in one direction? Is it dialectical materialism, class conflict? You have to answer these questions for yourself.

And these policies being implemented in this country are taking place all over the world. I don't meant to say universal income will be national policy for every country but especially among the "developed" countries.

Guaranteed universal income is not beneficial for the masses. On the surface it sounds nice. It is simply a tool that will be used to appease the jobless and hopeless population.

Why do you think most states legalized recreational marijuana recently? It is so that access to the drug becomes decriminalized and the norm in society. Your former technician is an epitome of what is coming: aimless young adults with no job prospects smoking weed and eating processed foods. They will be content and not revolt.

I guess you missed my point: lazy people like the idea of guaranteed universal income, but that it will never happen here in the USA. Your paranoia is palpable.

I guess you missed my point: lazy people like the idea of guaranteed universal income, but that it will never happen here in the USA. Your paranoia is palpable.

So does the government. Much easier to control people if you control their income.

Ever since the New Deal was ushered in during the Great Depression, more and more Americans became reliant on the government. Think about this for a second.

So does the government. Much easier to control people if you control their income.

Then why have the last 2 Republican presidents (the government) cut social security benefits? Your statements don't have a factual basis to stand on.

Then why have the last 2 Republican presidents (the government) cut social security benefits? Your statements don't have a factual basis to stand on.
Don't. Just don't. Conspiracy theorist are never consistent with anything and "discussing" anything with them will make you realize you wasted a lot of time. I learned to just have fun with them.

You're citing a specific cut in SS benefits. My assertion is that compared to 100 years ago, the financial security of Americans is heavily dependent on the government. This is due to a complex array of socioeconomic factors.

This has nothing to do with left or right politics. Regardless of whether a Republican or Democrat takes office next year, this is bound to happen.

How is universal income a conspiracy theory? Just because you don't agree with something it's easy to label it a conspiracy and move on.

Don't. Just don't. Conspiracy theorist are never consistent with anything and "discussing" anything with them will make you realize you wasted a lot of time. I learned to just have fun with them.

Your right, if this is another pharmacist they need help

Your right, if this is another pharmacist they need help
It is truly sad because this kind of sentiment and inability to critically analyze history that has allowed those in power to act with full impunity. You will swallow whatever pill they give you.

One thing I've learned from this shut down is college campuses are absolutely useless.

All students should be taught from home and tuition costs should go down immensely.

You want to solve student debt? There you go.

The government caused this mess and COVID19 should solve it..... Sadly that won't happen.

One thing I've learned from this shut down is college campuses are absolutely useless.

All students should be taught from home and tuition costs should go down immensely.

You want to solve student debt? There you go.

The government caused this mess and COVID19 should solve it..... Sadly that won't happen.
I believe Ron Paul addressed this awhile back. It isnt the cost of tuition, although it has increased quite abit, cost of living is whats causing more issues. Kids go to out of state schools, take out loans to cover for cost of living.

People laughed at him but I agree. We should send our kids to school with our own money like people did back in the days. Save up and let the kids go to local schools unless its absolutely necessary. There is no point for me to go to some private school thousands of miles away to get a sociology degree.

Although it is government loans, the lenders are for profit companies. They wont care as long as they can give out money. Sure kid, go to this private school on the other cost. Youll have the time of your life!

Reactions: 2 users
I believe Ron Paul addressed this awhile back. It isnt the cost of tuition, although it has increased quite abit, cost of living is whats causing more issues. Kids go to out of state schools, take out loans to cover for cost of living.

People laughed at him but I agree. We should send our kids to school with our own money like people did back in the days. Save up and let the kids go to local schools unless its absolutely necessary. There is no point for me to go to some private school thousands of miles away to get a sociology degree.

Although it is government loans, the lenders are for profit companies. They wont care as long as they can give out money. Sure kid, go to this private school on the other cost. Youll have the time of your life!

Uh if you stay at home with your parents, cost of living goes down.

Other then that I agree, the cost of tuition would come back down to where it should be. Either students could work part time and over break to cover their costs or their parents would be able to cover it based off 2 to 3 months salary.

Last edited: